PDA

View Full Version : surge bolters nerfed again?

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 03:06 AM
was just getting my PVP on b4 restart...
i found that my ye olde surge bolter wont reset its charge once it expires.... basically i have to roll or swap weapon to avoid it firing and giving away my position. was this intended or an all new and exciting bug from the ppl that brought you space monkey that can walk thru walls and cars that despawn on you?

to be clear... its button down to charge it, holding charge, charge expires, wont restart charging as it used to, release button to re-charge and the bullet goes out the spout... um wtf?

maverick07
02-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Yep that is part of the new charge mechanics for it. Also the Surge Bolters base Crit multiplier has been reduced from 2.0 to 1.5 Crit.

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 03:41 AM
is that info buried deep somewhere? should be on the damn notes. lets burn our weapons, go camping, get drunk and dance.

DSW
02-05-2014, 04:08 AM
is that info buried deep somewhere? should be on the damn notes. lets burn our weapons, go camping, get drunk and dance.

seems like they forgot to mention it, yet wrote about loot table fixes which didn't made it into live.

nikra
02-05-2014, 04:11 AM
They do eventually start recharging after a few seconds, never counted.

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 04:18 AM
gonna test this.. but if this was deliberately implemented.. its incredibly stupid.
having to shoot after losing a charge.. bah!

duction
02-05-2014, 04:19 AM
It will recharge you just have wait longer

Zugo
02-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Surge Bolters are so hated I'm not surprised.

Hei
02-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Surge bolters is Newb gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im happy with the nerf myself I be i am

xilfxlegion
02-05-2014, 08:34 AM
i noticed last night they come with nanos again.

i didnt try it out after i bought it *-- but i will tonight

DragonForza
02-05-2014, 08:47 AM
The SS-2 is now so much better, glad I got a couple before the drop table broke, and glad someone traded me an orange one with good rolls.

KylieDog
02-05-2014, 08:58 AM
How terible cannot just cloak and 1 hit kill people then recloak and 1 hit kil etc etc.

That gun makes PVP even worse than it already was, quite an achievement.

DragonForza
02-05-2014, 09:04 AM
How terible cannot just cloak and 1 hit kill people then recloak and 1 hit kil etc etc.

That gun makes PVP even worse than it already was, quite an achievement.

And what about the stupid shotguns?

jschmuck33
02-05-2014, 09:08 AM
I agree with Kylie, PVP is horrible when people run around with surge bolters all the time. I like to think I do fairly well in PVP but with people cloaked with surge bolters it just gets annoying, it's as bad as people bunny hopping with infectors and/or rocket launchers.

Deunan
02-05-2014, 11:38 AM
seems like they forgot to mention it, yet wrote about loot table fixes which didn't made it into live.There is nothing in the patch notes about the fix to the core game loot table. The only reason we know it was supposed to be in the update patch was because Trick said that it would be in one of the written answers to the forum livestream questions he provided to Elizabeth last Friday.

bigguy
02-05-2014, 11:55 AM
it sucks that people only care about how a weapon affects pvp but then again that shows how some poeple are selfish, i wish they could make it so pvp had its own weapons

DragonForza
02-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Also it seems people are biased, now you just run around with shotguns and infectors. But no one gives a damn about those.

Deunan
02-05-2014, 12:03 PM
it sucks that people only care about how a weapon affects pvp but then again that shows how some poeple are selfish, i wish they could make it so pvp had its own weaponsThe Surge Bolter was unbalanced and problematic across the board, not just in PVP. It allowed players to do things they never should have been able to do with a sniper rifle and it was undermining Volge Sieges as well as PVP.

jschmuck33
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
it sucks that people only care about how a weapon affects pvp but then again that shows how some poeple are selfish, i wish they could make it so pvp had its own weapons

Technically it's being selfish to use surge bolters in PVP/at sieges, by taking all the kills and leaving none for anyone else.

Personally I care more about PVE than PVP but I also would like to complete all my pursuits which requires participation in PVP. I agree that PVP should have some sort of change to weapons that make surge bolters more for actual sniping rather than a long range shotgun. However, people will just switch to the next weapon (rocket launchers, infectors, sawed off + cloak), people in general are always going to take the easy way out instead of working for things.

Personally I keep one surge bolter (from the thorn liro vendor) for a sort of sentimental reasons, but that's it. With how overpowered they are (were? haven't tried them since DLC) I always felt like I was cheating using one. Besides a good loadout can do better than a surge bolter in PVE (I use a legendary VBI AR and am usually one of the top players at arkfalls/sieges, it all depends on your play style/preference. The problem is just more prominent in PVP as you have people that normally would't do very well topping the charts because they don't actually have to try.

Ultimately, this is an MMO game so people are not always going to think the same way you do. For PVP, I think it's pretty much a general consensus that surge bolters need to be nerfed a little. For PVE, it's a little more complicated.

Nefarious
02-05-2014, 01:13 PM
was just getting my PVP on b4 restart...
i found that my ye olde surge bolter wont reset its charge once it expires.... basically i have to roll or swap weapon to avoid it firing and giving away my position.

Just hit chat real quick to cancel it. No rolling or swapping needed.

rebtattoo
02-05-2014, 01:41 PM
My issue isn't the nerf of the weapon in itself because I could care less about surge bolters.

The real issue is the companies way of doing it. Ninja nerfs are never bueno! Alas, this is the trend with this particular game.

Amack
02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Samurai-Nerfs?!?!?

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 03:20 PM
The Surge Bolter was unbalanced and problematic across the board, not just in PVP. It allowed players to do things they never should have been able to do with a sniper rifle and it was undermining Volge Sieges as well as PVP.

see I'm not QQ'n because they are made less effective but as they are now they are likely to get you killed more than kill anyone else.
I'm all for making them weaker... they can't just drop the Dmg????
instead they have to make them utterly useless.
I'd prefer they just remove them all together. I'll trade mine for fluffy dice for my car happily.

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Technically it's being selfish to use surge bolters in PVP/at sieges, by taking all the kills and leaving none for anyone else.

Personally I care more about PVE than PVP but I also would like to complete all my pursuits which requires participation in PVP. I agree that PVP should have some sort of change to weapons that make surge bolters more for actual sniping rather than a long range shotgun. However, people will just switch to the next weapon (rocket launchers, infectors, sawed off + cloak), people in general are always going to take the easy way out instead of working for things.

Personally I keep one surge bolter (from the thorn liro vendor) for a sort of sentimental reasons, but that's it. With how overpowered they are (were? haven't tried them since DLC) I always felt like I was cheating using one. Besides a good loadout can do better than a surge bolter in PVE (I use a legendary VBI AR and am usually one of the top players at arkfalls/sieges, it all depends on your play style/preference. The problem is just more prominent in PVP as you have people that normally would't do very well topping the charts because they don't actually have to try.

Ultimately, this is an MMO game so people are not always going to think the same way you do. For PVP, I think it's pretty much a general consensus that surge bolters need to be nerfed a little. For PVE, it's a little more complicated.

I couldn't agree more.
I switched to the original bolters a while back. though I get slightly less kills, I do just fine.
I had this SB equipped because I was leveling it B4 Freight yard started. it just sucks to have to discover the mechanics of a weapon have been changed when you are trying to avoid raining detonator blasts.
again they may as well just remove this weapon.
but I think we all know that it will just be another weapon that appears unbalanced again.
hell I still get shotgun blasted in the butt by ghosts.

Magick
02-05-2014, 03:46 PM
surge bolter still OP for shadow war.... hahhahahha

maverick07
02-05-2014, 06:32 PM
surge bolter still OP for shadow war.... hahhahahha

Yep. Because they didn't do anything to the base damage. They can still hit between 6000 to 7000 DMG per shot without any critical hits, perks, or EGO. Assuming all pellets hit which isn't hard to do.

Nefarious
02-05-2014, 06:41 PM
For sure the Surge Bolter is strong but it still needs to be charged for it. It could be argued to do less dmg but by how much? Is it going to get to the point where it barely kills a player on a full charged shot? Whats the difference then, a 1 shot kill is still a OSK. Or almost on a full charge? If its almost then forget about it, other snipers then can kill in 2-3 hits faster then. Whats the use of using the Surge Bolter if the full charge power has no real benefit?

Of course the charge could be a tad bit longer considering its power and it being hip fire accurate has to go. Its a sniper rifle, not a shotgun. All in all I say its DMG as is stays and make it longer to charge and less accurate from the hip.