PDA

View Full Version : any chance of Trion giving us an offical word...

Littleweasel
02-05-2014, 02:41 PM
on why they are calling the last patch/update dlc3 since it really is not adding anything new to the game to justify it being called a dlc.

it is suppose to be based on the 7th legion but there is no sign of these people anywhere?
there is not even data recorders (thankfully) that tell you anything about them.
no new areas of the map have opened up
no new missions
no new co-op maps
no new pvp maps
the incursions that are basically just a naming of the emergancies
a new vender (big deal)
11 new pursuits (another big deal)
3 new achievements (xbox 360)

there is absolutely no new content in this to justify it being called a dlc but yet Trion is calling it a dlc why?

why not just call it a paid for update instead, since that is really what it is?

rebtattoo
02-05-2014, 02:42 PM
on why they are calling the last patch/update dlc3 since it really is not adding anything new to the game to justify it being called a dlc.

it is suppose to be based on the 7th legion but there is no sign of these people anywhere?
there is not even data recorders (thankfully) that tell you anything about them.
no new areas of the map have opened up
no new missions
no new co-op maps
no new pvp maps
the incursions that are basically just a naming of the emergancies
a new vender (big deal)
11 new pursuits (another big deal)
3 new achievements (xbox 360)

there is absolutely no new content in this to justify it being called a dlc but yet Trion is calling it a dlc why?

why not just call it a paid for update instead, since that is really what it is?Probably not...

MAMGRIZZLY
02-05-2014, 02:43 PM
And closing in 3,2,1...

Littleweasel
02-05-2014, 02:44 PM
their official word will probably be the same on this one as it has been on the last few thread like this, a closed thread.

Arsenic_Touch
02-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Trick pretty much covered it already. This is essentially what we were getting with DLC 4 and what was going to be DLC 3 got pushed back because they took too long with DLC 2. So in other words, they were going to fatten us up with a "story" dlc and then give us this crap.

Danke
02-05-2014, 02:45 PM
how about official post on why they didnt fix loot??????????????? Trick.... your really living up to your name.

Littleweasel
02-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Trick pretty much covered it already. This is essentially what we were getting with DLC 4 and what was going to be DLC 3 got pushed back because they took too long with DLC 2. So in other words, they were going to fatten us up with a "story" dlc and then give us this crap.

i know what they said about it suppose to be dlc 4, i am basically asking why they are calling it a dlc when in reality it is just a update/patch since no new content is even in it to really extend the game play?

wartitan
02-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Don't you guys get it? The 7th Legion are ninjas...they just leave their gear laying around for us, but you never see them...

Deunan
02-05-2014, 03:10 PM
i know what they said about it suppose to be dlc 4, i am basically asking why they are calling it a dlc when in reality it is just a update/patch since no new content is even in it to really extend the game play?It is DLC, regardless of the quality, quantity or how players may feel about it. DLC is simply a download that adds content, however thin it may be, to the game. It's not the only example of thin DLC released by a video game company and it won't be the last.

If the company had more development resources it could devote to the game we would be seeing more content like the traditional missions with cinematic cut scenes, new instances etc. but let's be real, no company is going to just come right out and say that.

As unsatisfying as it is to you or me, believe it or not, players are going to buy it. We're talking about a player demographic where some players do in fact spend almost $10 for an outfit from the bit store. It also helps them fulfill 20% of their obilgation to Season Pass holders regardless of how Season Pass holders feel about this DLC (and again no company is actually going to just come right out and say that).

BIEBERyoloSWAG
02-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I think its funny how you know darn well the developers play these DLCs before releasing them and they have to also notice the lack of content...but they still say "oh well lets hope the fans dont notice"...its like they are playing us for fools or something!

Amack
02-05-2014, 03:11 PM
It is DLC, regardless of the quality, quantity or how players may feel about it. DLC is simply a download that adds content, however thin it may be, to the game. It's not the only example of thin DLC released by a video game company and it won't be the last.

If the company had more development resources it could devote to the game we would be seeing more content like the traditional missions with cinematic cut scenes, new instances etc. but let's be real, no company is going to just come right out and say that.

As unsatisfying as it is to you or me, believe it or not, players are going to buy it. We're talking about a player demographic where some players do in fact spend almost $10 for an outfit from the bit store. It also helps them fulfill 20% of their obilgation to Season Pass holders regardless of how Season Pass holders feel about this DLC (and again no company is actually going to just come right out and say that).

The voice of reason has arrived!

Bonehead
02-05-2014, 03:26 PM
i know what they said about it suppose to be dlc 4, i am basically asking why they are calling it a dlc when in reality it is just a update/patch since no new content is even in it to really extend the game play?

They are calling it a DLC so they are one closer to the five they have to put out for the season pass holders.

rebtattoo
02-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Is this really still being debated? Seriously people. It is what it is. Meh...nevermind.

Bonehead
02-05-2014, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eisa5AZ20W0