PDA

View Full Version : So when do you plan on addressing incursions?

Arsenic_Touch
02-05-2014, 06:34 PM
1. By the time you get to the next emergency, it's finished or if you're lucky enough to get there in time, mobs are dead before they even spawn.
2. There is no rhyme or reason to the score system which appears to be a combination of arkfall total damage done + siege point totals.
3. Sieges are pretty much a mess, players do not render at all, mobs do not render at all.
4. Only incursions spawning are the one's in the north, no other incursions have spawned.
5. The rewards are pretty bad as well, giving green faction rewards.
6. Some incursions stall out completely and vanish, even if you try to find the next emergency.
7. The scrip drops are ridiculous. You can pretty much afk and rack up so much scrip.

You got some splainin' to do.

3rdpig
02-05-2014, 06:40 PM
It's on the list of things to be fixed.

Right behind the white bungee cords.

Arsenic_Touch
02-05-2014, 06:51 PM

Got a kick out of the "The problem is on your end, reinstall to fix" next day "We uninstalled, still shows up white." "Uh... /runs off."

Bonehead
02-05-2014, 06:51 PM

So we got that going for us.

Amack
02-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Most likely Arsenic, there is a residual registry entry that is causing the white bungee cords. They obviously meant reinstall windows... duhhh..

Edit: Goodness me! I'm going to have to write an app that queries the login page, just to tell me if I am currently in the time out corner or not...

ironcladtrash
02-05-2014, 10:20 PM
The frequency needs upped too. Was on earlier for a couple of hours and only saw one and it was bugged and then disappeared before completion. Since this is the only "new" content it would be nice to actually do it.

twitch reflex
02-05-2014, 10:48 PM
They need to have two up at the same time so there is less people at the incursions.
Has anyone seen an incursion in San Francisco or Marin?

Bentu
02-05-2014, 10:51 PM
1. By the time you get to the next emergency, it's finished or if you're lucky enough to get there in time, mobs are dead before they even spawn.
2. There is no rhyme or reason to the score system which appears to be a combination of arkfall total damage done + siege point totals.
3. Sieges are pretty much a mess, players do not render at all, mobs do not render at all.
4. Only incursions spawning are the one's in the north, no other incursions have spawned.
6. Some incursions stall out completely and vanish, even if you try to find the next emergency.

You got some splainin' to do.

Why the hell are you here? Totally fed up with your know it all attitude and the first to go on ignore.

Arsenic_Touch
02-05-2014, 10:54 PM
The frequency needs upped too. Was on earlier for a couple of hours and only saw one and it was bugged and then disappeared before completion. Since this is the only "new" content it would be nice to actually do it.

Definitely need to up the frequency.

They need to have two up at the same time so there is less people at the incursions.
Has anyone seen an incursion in San Francisco or Marin?

I'd say they should spawn the same amount as the sieges.

edit: aww, it looks like someone needs a hug. Sorry, all out of hugs bentu. Maybe someone else can indulge your temper tantrum.

Oh and I'm here because A. I want to see this game succeed, so regardless what you folk that hate negative feedback think about it, I'm going to continue being the thorn in Trion's side until they shape up and B. Because I'm just that awesome

edit: Great job trion, you're making it real easy for people to hate you and this game.

Amack
02-06-2014, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AmkmqYEarw

I'm awesome too, just in case anyone was wondering.

hardy83
02-06-2014, 12:18 AM
I had zero problems with the SF incursion I did.

No glitches, no errors. The points are pointless yes, and the rewards should at least be blue quality.
That and the spawn rate for them is a bit ridiculous.

Other than that, I have absolutely no technical problems with the event.

Note: On PC.

Littleweasel
02-06-2014, 03:29 AM
i was online for around 6 1/2 hour wednesday and only seen 3 incursions happen and 2 did not even go all the way to a siege they ended after 2 emergencies within them were finished.
even major arkfalls (the ones that you do not call down) seem to take for ever to come up now only seen 3 of those also, and 1 ended right after the first small one withing the major ended.

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
02-06-2014, 03:41 AM
4. Only incursions spawning are the one's in the north, no other incursions have spawned. .

Guess i got lucky. Finished my last three (Marin, SF, Sausalito) yesterday completed the Incursion Crusher Contract. However the SF and Marin spawning very Very VERYY RARE

melkathi
02-06-2014, 04:03 AM

On PC EU I have seen Kenn Farm and Diablo Station incursions spawn as well. Not as often as Mt. Tam, but more than once.

DragonForza
02-06-2014, 04:15 AM
I got an orange VBI Grenade launcher yesterday from one of the new incursions.

Not the greatest reward ever but it means two things:

-Loot table is "fixed." Not sure to what extent yet :D
-You get oranges from incursions

If it helps too, I got 1.3m total damage/points/score/whatever and was third on the leaderboard, if performance or something contributes towards the chance at all?

sos21
02-06-2014, 07:37 AM
I love this game a lot.. I play it every day on xbox 360.. But, some parts are broken.. Some multiplayer map bosses never appear.. Some Incursions never reg that they were completed.. Whats going on..? I paid 90euros for the game plus all add-ons.. And this is the thanks that we get.. A broken game.. Even the time trial races checkpoints are broken... I had to start a time trial race many times to get the checkpoints to appear..
Do you guys never test out the add-ons and updates in beta? Just release them as soon as the code is complete never testing them.. Or are the testers all monkeys?..

Im a huge fame of the game and series.. Im just very annoyed right now.. Can you please fix these problems..?

Danke
02-06-2014, 07:41 AM
I love this game a lot.. I play it every day on xbox 360.. But, some parts are broken.. Some multiplayer map bosses never appear.. Some Incursions never reg that they were completed.. Whats going on..? I paid 90euros for the game plus all add-ons.. And this is the thanks that we get.. A broken game.. Even the time trial races checkpoints are broken... I had to start a time trial race many times to get the checkpoints to appear..
Do you guys never test out the add-ons and updates in beta? Just release them as soon as the code is complete never testing them.. Or are the testers all monkeys?..

Im a huge fame of the game and series.. Im just very annoyed right now.. Can you please fix these problems..?

I guess you missed the memo.

it said "soon"

Archangel
02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the incursions spawn more often. Didn't they change it so sieges came about every 30-45 minutes.

What i thought i would see in this DLC would be a 7th Legion town or NPC area where we could gather and do missions. Are there any missions other than the contracts?

Also, other than Overpass are there any known vendor shops elsewhere?

blujoker
02-06-2014, 08:24 AM

Granted I agree with the whole of what Arsenic is pointing out, but this part is driving me up the wall. 3 Mt Tam incursions and 3 7th legion green snipers the other loot box is fine just that sniper rifle.

Kibblehouse
02-06-2014, 08:57 AM
I have to add my voice here.

I like the idea of the incursions, BUT... something needs to be done about the massive number of players doing them at one time. When you get a huge percentage of total server pop trying to do one emengency, its just not gonna work. As Arsenic said, they are gone before you get there, or you get there and the NPC's are killed before they even paint on my screen. The siege at the end is slightly better, but even that has an overwhelming number of people, I only got points on the board at all last night because I found a less populated spawn point and camped it (and by less populated I mean there were only 10 people there shooting the same target)

For now there needs to be at least 2 Incursions at once, just to spread out the population a bit. I think they have a nice mechanic in place for the incursions, they just need to make them work. (BTW I am on NA PC, for anyone keeping track)

melkathi
02-06-2014, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the incursions spawn more often. Didn't they change it so sieges came about every 30-45 minutes.

What i thought i would see in this DLC would be a 7th Legion town or NPC area where we could gather and do missions. Are there any missions other than the contracts?

Also, other than Overpass are there any known vendor shops elsewhere?

There are no missions. And all the 7th Legion NPCs seem to be hiding inside the vendor box in Overpass. I am being told that they fit in there because they are the 7 year old legion and don't take up much space.

Zugo
02-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Enemies need a serious buff in order to make up for the number of people at the event.
Just stick with the always guaranteed method of killing stuff is good.
Not experiencing this on 360, could be the memory usage slider they gave the PC users a while back.
Not experiencing this on 360, went to a incursion this morning south west of Overpass.
Agree here, people should not receive greens for the amount of time and effort.
Had something similar to this happen yesterday but we waited for a minute and it started back up.
7. The scrip drops are ridiculous. You can pretty much afk and rack up so much scrip.
I'm still spending more scrip then I'm earning so not seeing an issue.

Archangel
02-06-2014, 09:23 AM
There are no missions. And all the 7th Legion NPCs seem to be hiding inside the vendor box in Overpass. I am being told that they fit in there because they are the 7 year old legion and don't take up much space.

Thats a bit sad to think only one shop and no NPC's to talk to for story content. With the image about the DLC on the main page i see a piece of armor that looks cool. Is that only possible from the 100 point lockbox from that vendor shop?

hardy83
02-06-2014, 09:30 AM
I did another emergency in Susulito and we couldn't finish it because an emergency bugged and wouldn't spawn.

Also, again. The spawn rate for incursions REALLY needs to be increased.

maverick07
02-06-2014, 02:30 PM
I think if they fixed the scaling, that they claimed they didn't nerf, and bring it back to the way it was it would do wonders. Stuff would still die pretty fast though. Scaling in emergenices wasn't quite as strong as it was in other things such as co-ops, arkfalls, and sieges. And the Arkbreaker update seemed to reduce the scaling on every enemy in general.

I can't say I have visual proof or anything but I am postitive that when I used to level snipers at Sutro, I wasn't able to kill Dark Matter Enforcers with a 6000 DMG critical hit (Particle Repeater), when I had a friend with me. Now, I can kill those same Dark Matter Enforcers with an unmodded Crankshot Bolter, doing about 4700 DMG per shot with one friend nearby.

The weapon overhaul patch that added DMG by rarity came before Arkbreaker. You could feel a boost with that patch, but with Arkbreaker, everything felt way weaker (not just from stims and spikes).

At the same time though, with the scoring adjustments to sieges, it makes me think the scaling reduction was intentional. In that case... well just give us that hard mode already... please :).

dramaQkarri
02-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd like to think that at least some of the incursion issues are caused by an ENORMOUS number of players doing them at once. Last night there were at least 50, maybe even 100 at one in Marin. I couldn't see enemies, hardly shot anything at all until the last 5 minutes of siege when I could finally SEE them. So I'd like to think it's just bogging down the server with so many of us there in one place.

I'd like to think that...

dramaQkarri
02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I'd like to think that at least some of the incursion issues are caused by an ENORMOUS number of players doing them at once. Last night there were at least 50, maybe even 100 at one in Marin. I couldn't see enemies, hardly shot anything at all until the last 5 minutes of siege when I could finally SEE them. So I'd like to think it's just bogging down the server with so many of us there in one place.

OK now I get issues in the forum? My post is showing that I typed "players" twice in a row in the first sentence but I didn't. As is evidenced by my quote selfie above. weird all over...

Arsenic_Touch
02-06-2014, 03:57 PM

If only that were the case. Did a mount tam incursion with 8 other people last night. Still ran into the same issues, haha.
Only thing was the enemies and players rendered this time, it was still pretty boring though. Mutants died in like one hit.

rebtattoo
02-06-2014, 04:38 PM
We did three last night on PS3. All ended at Kenn...

K Ron Spliffs
02-06-2014, 04:43 PM
200k scrip before patch. I now have 3.5 million from pick ups.

Xbox NA