PDA

View Full Version : I have been away for 225 days D:

Madavik
02-05-2014, 09:01 PM
So I was an avid player at launch, got the season pass, (which i havent recieved my castithan charge pack for.... :mad: ) and i've been trying to get a handle on all of these changes, but i cant for the life of me figure out what direction to go, even through reading the patch notes. First off, i noticed grenades are no longer cooldown based, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get more in the heat of battle. I'm thouroughly surprised by how many people are still playing, because i was certain the game was going to flop, but now i'm immensely curious and I want to give it another shot. I dont expect a full synopsis of everything thats gone on, but some highlights would be greatly appreciated! :D (and i would love to find out how i can redeem my dlc as well...)

clubside
02-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Plenty of people will be happy to help but first off we need to know what platform you're on (and server is always helpful as well) since redeeming things can be different based on platform.

Grenades: what can I say, one of the many horrible changes (the worst being spikes) introduced with DLC2. In the heat of battle you have three choices: hope there are dropped grenades of the type you were using so a quick tap of the pickup button replenishes you; decide any grenade will do and hold down the pickup button (often for more than one cycle) to switch to that grenade type (if you already had grenades of that type in inventory the pickup will stay where it is so you can grab it later when you run out of your now equipped-from-inventory stack); or bring up your loadout and switch that way hoping not to be killed while frozen in the loadout screen (alternatively you could dig through the Claim Items page of the store to see if you have any there doubling your chances of being killed while trying to get some grenades).

Madavik
02-05-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm playing on PS3, not entirely sure what server. The grenades fact saddens me, they should at least allow them to be replenished at ammo boxes. I had an entire set based on grenade cooldown from explosive kills and now all my equipment is garbage.

clubside
02-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Tell me about it, it took forever to get used to my Orange Pyro with 0 det time and now there are no 0 det time grenades.

For PS3 (the big exception lol) if you have the Season Pass go to the Bit Store (EGO, left trigger down, X sorry sure you know that one) and where it tells you you should by Castithan Charge Pack go ahead and select it and when you are taken to the PSN page it should be marked as free.

Optionally you can go to the PSN Store from XMB do a search for Defiance and when that page is shown go to Add-Ons and both Castithan Charge Pack and Arkbreaker should be listed, select each one and they should be listed as free so select for download, download will take 0 sec as all it does is alert the client that you own them.

I did this recently on my PS3 copy and merely fumbled around to get them activated so let me know if this doesn't work!