PDA

View Full Version : So, was the end of the original Defiance campaign ever explained? "spoilers"

Omnifarious Xji
02-06-2014, 03:09 AM
You know, the part where Karl Van Bach comes back to life all possessed by some A.I. after he was taken and thrown off of the Golden Gate Bridge by Nim Shondu? Did they ever explain that, or continue on with that plot? Or did they just forget all about that cliff hanger? What the hell was that thing inside of him from the ark-matrix? Why did it bring him back to life? Why did it make him attack Nim? etc, etc, etc? :S

Anyone got any answers?

Combo Breaker
02-06-2014, 04:49 AM
You know, the part where Karl Van Bach comes back to life all possessed by some A.I. after he was taken and thrown off of the Golden Gate Bridge by Nim Shondu? Did they ever explain that, or continue on with that plot? Or did they just forget all about that cliff hanger? What the hell was that thing inside of him from the ark-matrix? Why did it bring him back to life? Why did it make him attack Nim? etc, etc, etc? :S

Anyone got any answers?

I would have thought our DLCs would have covered this. Just a 30 second cutscene to finalize the story would have been better content than DLC#3 actually was.

Danke
02-06-2014, 05:33 AM
I am still under the impression that this is what season 2 is for. a whole new campaign to answer those questions. But hey maybe we will just have to trade off for some more weapons and a couple of outfits.

/shrug

Binky
02-06-2014, 05:44 AM
The game's been out since April.

Too early for endgame.

:)

(had to edit this bish 6 times...)

Combo Breaker
02-06-2014, 05:49 AM
The game's been out since April.

Too early for endgame.

(had to edit this bish 6 times...)

I think that some of us are concerned there won't be an actual end to the story. We have received no confirmation of a season 2 for the game.

Danke
02-06-2014, 05:56 AM
well trion must fulfill its contract for season 1 and turn some profit before they can tell us about season 2. dlc 3 is an indication to me of the lengths they are willing to go to fulfill the first part and its our job to and choice for the latter. As far as I see it, they need more then ice to get the Eskimos excited, they have frozen my assets.

Escyos
02-06-2014, 06:00 AM
Yes as far as is known the fate of Von Bach will be revealed come part 2.

On a less reputable source (some guy who emailed me that he worked at Trion) Von Bach is actually seen at the end of DLC4, which apparently has something to do with EGO and us getting some new power, but he makes no other appearance until the second part.

As I said this source is not reputable but has a good idea and he's not the first to email me supposed secrets many of which in the past have been incorrect or contain nothing but already public info.

barbzilla
02-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Honestly I'm afraid there won't be a Season 2 to explain this mystery. I know the game is suffering right now, and I can only hope that Trion makes the game F2P soon. F2P (along with some advertising that it has gone F2P) is the only option I see for the game to draw in a new crowd of players, and honestly, how much can Trion be making on game sales at this point anyway.

If Trion makes Defiance F2P and we get enough new players, Trion will probably double their recent profits on sale of DLC alone (not to mention the F2P community and its whales buying bits).

Omnifarious Xji
02-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Honestly I'm afraid there won't be a Season 2 to explain this mystery. I know the game is suffering right now, and I can only hope that Trion makes the game F2P soon. F2P (along with some advertising that it has gone F2P) is the only option I see for the game to draw in a new crowd of players, and honestly, how much can Trion be making on game sales at this point anyway.

If Trion makes Defiance F2P and we get enough new players, Trion will probably double their recent profits on sale of DLC alone (not to mention the F2P community and its whales buying bits).

This is why I made this thread asking. I HIGHLY doubt we'll be seeing any content for Defiance in 2015, let alone a Defiance "2". I mean, we got two VERY buggy, semi-content filled DLCS, and by the third, they degraded to a straight up skin pack for 10 dollars. Two samurai outfits, a re-skinned capture and hold, and a couple re-nammed VBI guns with unchanged skins... seriously? What's the next DLC? Hellbug seiges, re-nammed VOT weapons, and a few viking outfits? /rant

barbzilla
02-06-2014, 09:20 AM
snip

Well I made a thread in the suggestions forum asking Trion to change out to F2P to help them turn a profit so that they would start caring about the game again. Hell, I even laid out a full F2P plan and structure for them, complete with the pros of doing so. If you support the idea, don't hesitate to go comment on the thread and help it get some attention.