PDA

View Full Version : DLC 3 - Where is the content?

Rumeyes
02-06-2014, 07:25 AM
So after a long absence I logged in to check out DLC3, and was searching for the paid content. Is it just me or are season pass holders keep getting the short end of the stick?

We will have new story content in every DLC - details will be coming later, but you can count on that.

I remember a storm of protest when Dahanese posted this on the forum. I don't see any suprising reactions on this new DLC. Why is that? I guess I will have to wait till DLC4 now?

Manstan
02-06-2014, 07:26 AM
5 threads on this already.
This horse had been beat to death before you got here.

Rumeyes
02-06-2014, 07:30 AM
I suggest we keep on beating it because this is just appalling.

Danke
02-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Maybe I wasnt trolling hard enough and missed it, but that is a nice quote you dug up, I dug up a bunch too and they locked all my threads, guess I should have just quoted them into a new thread instead of necroing the entire thread, but per the necro guidelines it said not to bump things that were no longer relevant and all the stuff I found was very pretty relevant IMO.

I'LL keep this in mind for dlc 4

Rumeyes
02-06-2014, 07:45 AM
This quote was an official reaction to the datapads and other "storycontent" that was introduced in a previous DLC. I thought it couldn't get any worse with the DLC's and figured it could only get better.

So here I am suprised that the DLC's actually CAN get worse. I do not know what you quoted, but yeah, I do find this quote very relevant, because I figured DLC 3 wouldve been grand and spectacular.

I didn't have to "dig it up", it was a quite famous statement with a lot of controversy.

Elastik Spastik
02-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Whether we carry on beating the dead horse or just shove it in a hole Trion will never listen to the players. So makes no difference.

They will not turn round and say sorry, here is a truckload of content for free to make up for the lack of content in the dlc's. Nor will they say sorry to people who bought the season pass or the dlc alone, here is a truckload of content that only paid players will have the ability to use/do/complete/have.

Imo they are just trying to push out minimal dlc's until number 5. Then it's bye have a nice life.

Archangel
02-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Well this is the first of those threads i have seen so i'll add my 2 cents.

When i hopped on i couldn't find any visible signs of the new DLC. I asked folks at an Ark fall where a vendor was. Found the one down in Overpass but i was thinking there was going to be a new town. Or location where the 7th legion gathers. Maybe some new missions or story but im not seeing anything.

Is this really a DLC with only the incursions to look forward too and some new items?

Are there more vendor shops other than the one in Overpass?

Rumeyes
02-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Imo they are just trying to push out minimal dlc's until number 5.

That's exactly what is bugging me. If the development of content is delayed, delay the DLC altogether. Now it just looks like a cheap ploy, like you said, to get the DLC count to 5 and then bring out a new season pass.

Elastik Spastik
02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
That's exactly what is bugging me. If the development of content is delayed, delay the DLC altogether. Now it just looks like a cheap ploy, like you said, to get the DLC count to 5 and then bring out a new season pass.

I meant it as in pulling the plug. Not even bothering with Season pass 2. Lets be honest, after sp1 who the hell is going to bother getting another. I know i certainly won't. Il wait until they come out one by one and see if they are worth it.

Rumeyes
02-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Is this really a DLC with only the incursions to look forward too and some new items?

As far as I have seen you only got the vendor at Overpass with the reskinned VBI weapons with an extra synergy. The incursions, well that's nothing new either.

Hei
02-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by dahanese

We will have new story content in every DLC - details will be coming later, but you can count on that

dude..that quote is golden

Bonehead
02-06-2014, 05:01 PM
"Is this really a DLC with only the incursions to look forward too and some new items?"

Yes.

"Are there more vendor shops other than the one in Overpass?"

No.

D351
02-08-2014, 11:58 AM
So, how often are these incursions?

Manstan
02-08-2014, 01:47 PM
So, how often are these incursions?

Sporadic, and I found out last night they can actually over lap. Ya, freaked me out too. I was running with a couple of people doing a mutant incision and when we finished and I headed for the next, but they went in a different direction. Got to the one I was headed for and it was the afflicted, finished it and headed for the next, it was back to mutants. Checked my map and sure enough two were going on at the same time in the same area :confused:

Littleweasel
02-08-2014, 06:29 PM
This is what we basically got that is keeping allot of people from being able sit down:

IMMEDIATE DLC BONUS: 7TH LEGION RECRUIT KIT
Receive the Badlands Ronin Outfit, a 7th Legion Wanyu pump shotgun, a 7th Legion Inagaki bolt-action sniper rifle, and a 7th Legion shield!

ACCESS TO THE 7TH LEGION FACTION
7th Legion provides contracts for taking down Incursions and arkfall bosses.
It also provides a faction stipend for members who complete Incursions.

NEW 7TH LEGION WEAPONS (reskinned weapons that are worse that whites you can already get)
7th Legion Sumimoto – Assault Rifle
7th Legion Nezumi - SMG
7th Legion Yamato - LMG
7th Legion Raijin – Combat Shotgun
7th Legion Yojimbo – Sawed-off Shotgun
7th Legion Daicho – Semi-auto Sniper Rifle
7th Legion Tetsuho – Heavy Pistol
7th Legion Wanyu – Pump Shotgun
7th Legion Inagaki – Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
7th Legion Gashima - Detonator

NEW 7TH LEGION MODS
New Mods: Fury synergy mods improve 7th Legion weapons!
New Vendor: A 7th Legion faction vendor sells the 7th Legion weapons and lock boxes

NEW SHIELD EFFECTS
Focus – Reduces recoil and spread after shield break
Zanzou – 10% chance to release a decoy on shield break
Surge – 50% melee damage bonus after shield fully recharges

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS/TROPHIES
One Lucky Kitty, Shogun Master and Incursion Excursion now available!

NEW OUTFITS ON THE FACTION VENDOR (a random change to get from the vendor boxes)
7th Legion Samurai
Tsunami Samurai
Phantom Samurai
Shinigami Samurai
Badlands Ronin
Tsunami Ronin
Shinigami Ronin
7th Legion Ronin
Sedge Hat
Votan Rebreather
Tactical Rebreather

this is what people that do and don't buy it get:

NEW DYNAMIC EVENTS: INCURSIONS
Incursions provide region-wide dynamic events in which culminate in sieges.

NEW SIEGE
New Serenity Academy mutant siege!

NEW FACTION LOCK BOXES
Top-Notch, Soleptor, and VBI Mod Hoards now give 1 random mod for each slot and may roll EPIC mods.
Top-Notch, Soleptor, and VBI lockboxes provide random weapons with their faction’s synergies.

even the free episode missions that came out when season 1 of defiance was playing was better than this update/patch that trion is passing off as a dlc

Amack
02-08-2014, 06:31 PM
You couldn't come up with anything better to bump this thread with? You had to copy paste most of it?

Bonehead
02-08-2014, 07:08 PM
I sit down all the time.
No problem.

Amack
02-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I sit down all the time.
No problem.

Atleast this makes some sense.

LordFarragut
02-08-2014, 08:03 PM
If this little content is what Trion thinks is worth 10 bucks, I would hate to think what the cost of adding a new region, like where Fort Defiance is located in San Fran.

Amack
02-08-2014, 08:04 PM
If this little content is what Trion thinks is worth 10 bucks, I would hate to think what the cost of adding a new region, like where Fort Defiance is located in San Fran.

42 dollars please.