PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm a Trial Player and don't like the payment model.

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I never heard of the show, never mind the game until late last year through a friend. He introduced me to the TV series which I sat through every episode. Seeing the advertisements for the game, I was excited to try it only to find that you had to pay for the game also. I was disappointed, so I put it to the side but a few weeks ago saw a free trial to start up and play.

I've been looking for another game that immerses me into a new universe and grabs my attention. Something in a 'sandbox' that allows me to explore and effect the lives of others or something bigger than just a themepark MMO like so many others out there. I had thought this game was the answer since it's got such potential to hit this mark with such a unique structure behind it.

Man, am I disappointed.

After reading through these forums, visiting gaming sites and seeking the opinion of friends, they all tell me that this game isn't worth the it due to the continued problems with development. Upon launching the game, I'm hit with placement advertising with things such as a Dodge ATV. I'm asked all over my screen to buy the game which unlocks my ability to play it through to the end. I'm further force fed the ability to buy currency to purchase in-game items like bags and other materials.

I know Guild Wars 2 has a similar, nearly identical payment model... however, Defiance doesn't have the reputation GW2 has to pull this off. Guild Wars 2 also doesn't get paid by advertisers to put their products in the game.

My problem, to sum up these words, is that you as a developer are triple dipping. You're hitting us with the initial purchase of the game, then you're hitting us with in-game advertisements AND you're hitting us with an in-game cash shop. If this game were free to play, you would gain exposure allowing you to adjust your charge for in-game advertising.

Until the model is adjusted (which I doubt will happen as the accountants will win this argument), I will not buy this game. However, if you guys made it free to play, I'd bet that I would easily spend 3-4 times the value of this game trying to get a neat hat or pet out of your cash shop. As would many more customers who are turned off by this.

squidgod2000
02-06-2014, 11:31 AM
if you guys made it free to play, I'd bet that I would easily spend 3-4 times the value of this game trying to get a neat hat or pet out of your cash shop.

So not only are you trumpeting the "OMG F2P!!!!1" horn that a thousand cheap people have before you, but you're saying that that if the game were F2P you'd drop $40 on lockboxes for fluff items?

You'll happily spend money on worthless fluff, but ardently oppose spending any money on the game itself?

http://i.imgur.com/VNZgpLn.jpg

dramaQkarri
02-06-2014, 11:35 AM
So not only are you trumpeting the "OMG F2P!!!!1" horn that a thousand cheap people have before you, but you're saying that that if the game were F2P you'd drop $40 on lockboxes for fluff items?

You'll happily spend money on worthless fluff, but ardently oppose spending any money on the game itself?

Oh leave him alone. He's not wrong, Trion is TOTALLY triple-dipping to squeeze every last dime out of all of our pockets. And we're all entitled to an opinion. IMHO.

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Oh leave him alone. He's not wrong, Trion is TOTALLY triple-dipping to squeeze every last dime out of all of our pockets. And we're all entitled to an opinion. IMHO.

and they are entitled to make a profit. . .

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 11:50 AM

The point you miss is that they are triple dipping and I find this to be rather devious of them for a game that really isn't 'up to par'.

I'm not being cheap, If they're going to charge me for a game, remove the product placement advertisements or make the things in the cash shop available upon purchase of the game.

I'm facepalming at you for falling for this.

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 11:51 AM
here is the problem with all of these whiny posts on these forums ---- it is the same whiny **** over and over again, and it is as repetitive as arkfalls.

now -- while i fully understand that there are problems with the game, and i really wish they would fix them, i also wish people would stop *****ing about it ---- play it or dont play it, but stop filling up the forums with the same whiny ****. it would be one thing if everyone complained in one thread ---- or in issue-specific threads. but that doesnt happen --- you get multiple threads complaining about the same damn thing ---- and the op here doesnt even have the game.

there are some things i hate about this game --- yet i still play it every damn day. so regardless of how ****ty the wanna-be dlc is, we're all still going to play it, or some will leave it. we still dont need 147 different threads about it.

just my .02

Thearl
02-06-2014, 11:52 AM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7084046848/h7A3CB6B4/

Slight edit. I thought this was more appropriate.

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 11:56 AM
And yes, if you look at other free payment models which are successful, the money is made by exposure which a 'boxed' game is limited by it's initial purchase. Games such as League of Legends (Currently the most successful and profitable game in the world), or Team Fortress you see that offering the initial game allows for players to enter the world, get immersed then offer things such as custom skins, more bag space, nifty hats, pets, bank slots, clothes to wear around town and many other things such as boosters.

I've spent more money on League of Legends in the past 6 months, which is ENTIRELY free, than I did playing EVE Online for 4 years straight or World of Warcraft which I held a subscription for 2 and a half years.

edit: combined

here is the problem with all of these whiny posts on these forums ---- it is the same whiny **** over and over again, and it is as repetitive as arkfalls.

now -- while i fully understand that there are problems with the game, and i really wish they would fix them, i also wish people would stop *****ing about it ---- play it or dont play it, but stop filling up the forums with the same whiny ****. it would be one thing if everyone complained in one thread ---- or in issue-specific threads. but that doesnt happen --- you get multiple threads complaining about the same damn thing ---- and the op here doesnt even have the game.

there are some things i hate about this game --- yet i still play it every damn day. so regardless of how ****ty the wanna-be dlc is, we're all still going to play it, or some will leave it. we still dont need 147 different threads about it.

just my .02

I don't think my post was whiny at all. I think I stated my argument well and posed the problem. If you'd like to twist it into being a whiny post, feel free.

I'm also 'new' to these forums and didn't see a current discussion on the matter. If this is an argument you see often, then quite possibly it's a problem bigger than you think and something Trion might want to address.

Arsenic_Touch
02-06-2014, 11:57 AM
While you're not wrong, the game is only $9.99 on steam. $9.99 on gmg and you can get discounts there. It's gone for as low as $4.99

Going completely free at this point would signal that the game is really failing and I doubt it would revitalize things.

squidgod2000
02-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I've spent more money on League of Legends in the past 6 months, which is ENTIRELY free, than I did playing EVE Online for 4 years straight or World of Warcraft which I held a subscription for 2 and a half years.

You spent $1200 (assuming no PLEX) on LoL in the past six months and you're *****ing about $10?

Quebra Regra
02-06-2014, 12:06 PM
having pre-prchased the game at full price I'm rolling my eyes at the current cries of "F2P".

I might be more considerate if there had been some real compensation for early adopters when the price took a nose dive.

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 12:09 PM
And yes, if you look at other free payment models which are successful, the money is made by exposure which a 'boxed' game is limited by it's initial purchase. Games such as League of Legends (Currently the most successful and profitable game in the world), or Team Fortress you see that offering the initial game allows for players to enter the world, get immersed then offer things such as custom skins, more bag space, nifty hats, pets, bank slots, clothes to wear around town and many other things such as boosters.

edit: combined

I don't think my post was whiny at all. I think I stated my argument well and posed the problem. If you'd like to twist it into being a whiny post, feel free.

I'm also 'new' to these forums and didn't see a current discussion on the matter. If this is an argument you see often, then quite possibly it's a problem bigger than you think and something Trion might want to address.

ok. you may not see your post as whiny. as you said you are new here. i already conceded that there are problems with the game. so yes, while your post was well-stated and all that, at the end of the day it is still another whiny post, and again, from someone who doesnt even own the game. most of us have had it since release so we have seen your very same argument 1,463 times.

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 12:10 PM
While you're not wrong, the game is only $9.99 on steam. $9.99 on gmg and you can get discounts there. It's gone for as low as $4.99

Going completely free at this point would signal that the game is really failing and I doubt it would revitalize things.
I disagree. I think we as a western culture have shunned the F2P model so bad that it would seem as though a game is failing by going to an F2P model. The reality is, games who opened with the F2P model and stuck with it have produced some of the best results. Sadly, this game wasn't opened with it so a drawn conclusion for our culture is that the game is failing.

The reality is, it would be all about how Trion sells it to it's public. An example of a game going F2P and succeeding is SWTOR which PCU increased after changing the model.

I checked the price 2 days ago and it was still $39 to purchase. If its dropped, I'll reconsider my stance.

ok. you may not see your post as whiny. as you said you are new here. i already conceded that there are problems with the game. so yes, while your post was well-stated and all that, at the end of the day it is still another whiny post, and again, from someone who doesnt even own the game. most of us have had it since release so we have seen your very same argument 1,463 times.

For you who sit on these forums reading every post here, yep... it'll come off as whiney because you have lurked here long enough to see these pop up.

I apologize for offending a video game you have invested a lot of stock in, but the reality is, there are better out there. I will probably go play one of them and avoid this one, but my opinion as to why I'm not purchasing might be of concern to the people developing this game as I know, especially considering your response, that I am not alone in this complaint.

Quite literally, the current payment model will be the death of this game because it's not getting the reach it needs for Trion to charge more for advertisements. Advertising works when the audience isn't behind a 'wall'. That current 'wall' is an unnecessary payment for access fee.

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 12:11 PM
op, might i also add, that since you dont own the game, why would you think that Trion is concerned with your opinion of it ?

Manstan
02-06-2014, 12:11 PM
What adverts?

And this game is not big enough to go free to play. F2P makes their money off people playing long term. It's too easy for even a casual player to play through the missions in a matter of a few weeks. I'd been playing LOTRO for a couple of months before I spent anything on the game. So far I have spent $100 or so; in 2 years. I'm only half way through the game, I still have several hundred more quests to do.

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 12:14 PM
What adverts?

And this game is not big enough to go free to play. F2P makes their money off people playing long term. It's too easy for even a casual player to play through the missions in a matter of a few weeks. I'd been playing LOTRO for a couple of months before I spent anything on the game. So far I have spent $100 or so; in 2 years. I'm only half way through the game, I still have several hundred more quests to do.

i was wondering about the adverts also. i assumed he was getting them because it is a trial version. the only advert i have seen in-game is the car on the fallen billboard north of diablo refinery.

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I disagree. I think we as a western culture have shunned the F2P model so bad that it would seem as though a game is failing by going to an F2P model. The reality is, games who opened with the F2P model and stuck with it have produced some of the best results. Sadly, this game wasn't opened with it so a drawn conclusion for our culture is that the game is failing.

The reality is, it would be all about how Trion sells it to it's public. An example of a game going F2P and succeeding is SWTOR which PCU increased after changing the model.

I checked the price 2 days ago and it was still $39 to purchase. If its dropped, I'll reconsider my stance.

$39 ? people have been buying it for less than $10.

Bentu
02-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Triple dipping?

Say for instance you buy the game second hand and don't choose to purchase the dlc or in game boosts/vehicles etc.

Tell me where Trion get any income from you!

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 12:22 PM
You spent $1200 (assuming no PLEX) on LoL in the past six months and you're *****ing about $10?

I never said that.

edit: I said that I've spent more money on League than I have with how much I spent on WoW and EVE combined, however. Furthermore, I'm not complaining about the amount, I'm complaining about the principal. They charge you for a game, an unfinished buggy and poorly developed one, they then put product placement in the game (for which Trion/SyFi makes money off of) AND they have a cash shop.

Manstan
02-06-2014, 12:22 PM
$39 ? people have been buying it for less than $10.

The season pass that includes all 5 DLCs is $37{?}

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 12:26 PM
$39 ? people have been buying it for less than $10. I might have been mistaken on the price as everywhere I look it says $9.

I swear I saw it not but a couple weeks ago for either 29 or 39...

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 12:26 PM
The season pass that includes all 5 DLCs is $37{?}

This is what I saw.

EDIT: You can get the game for $10, but when you get in, you realize you still need more bag slots, the leveling is still painfully slow so boosters are a must so you end up dropping more money.

If I'm gonna spend money on the game, I should get more than access to a buggy full release that most game developers wouldn't pass off as an alpha.

What adverts?

Look at the front of the vehicles, for instance. "Dodge" is not a mistake.

They are paid to put that in the game.

Next, the 'size' of the game doesn't define what payment model they should use. The payment model should define how big you want your game to be. With their current choices, it's stunting it's potential growth.

Daholic
02-06-2014, 12:30 PM

It because of the whiney posts, that this game has transform from epic fail to something half decent. You remind me off those who curse the union, but benefit from the extra paid days off they fought for. Isnt that something??? He doesn't even own the game, hasn't played it long, but somehow see some of the same **** we have all witnesses since its release. You should thank all of us who "whines" about game play mechanics, drop rate, disappearing vehicles, item shop cost, lost buffs, and the in game speech function.

Im sure you have benefited from such changes since right?

Manstan
02-06-2014, 12:32 PM
This is what I saw.

Yes, that is the season pass that includes all the DLCs; when release regardless of content or quality. The $10 is just for the base game then it's $10 a piece for the DLCs. Whether the season pass is a value is questionable though.

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Yes, that is the season pass that includes all the DLCs; when release regardless of content or quality. The $10 is just for the base game then it's $10 a piece for the DLCs. Whether the season pass is a value is questionable though.

I edited my previous post to expand on my response...

EDIT: You can get the game for $10, but when you get in, you realize you still need more bag slots, the leveling is still painfully slow so boosters are a must so you end up dropping more money.

If I'm gonna spend money on the game, I should get more than access to a buggy full release that most game developers wouldn't pass off as an alpha

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 12:43 PM
It because of the whiney posts, that this game has transform from epic fail to something half decent. You remind me off those who curse the union, but benefit from the extra paid days off they fought for. Isnt that something??? He doesn't even own the game, hasn't played it long, but somehow see some of the same **** we have all witnesses since its release. You should thank all of us who "whines" about game play mechanics, drop rate, disappearing vehicles, item shop cost, lost buffs, and the in game speech function.

Im sure you have benefited from such changes since right?

sigh. as i said in my original post, i understand that we ALL have valid complaints, and that there are problems with the game. my suggestion was to have all of the whiny **** in one thread.

as to the first part of your statement, yes, i do curse unions, but not for the reasons you state. i curse them because they are corrupt and parasitic, and obsolete. but that is a discussion for different forums.

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 12:48 PM
sigh. as i said in my original post, i understand that we ALL have valid complaints, and that there are problems with the game. my suggestion was to have all of the whiny **** in one thread.

as to the first part of your statement, yes, i do curse unions, but not for the reasons you state. i curse them because they are corrupt and parasitic, and obsolete. but that is a discussion for different forums.According to you, my complaints aren't valid because you've heard them before on these forums.

If you agree that the complaints are valid, why are you upset with me for rehashing them, again, rather than being frustrated with Trion for not addressing them?

I think it's unfair to me, someone who would potentially add another human for you to interact with in the game world to have his opinion image macro'd. If you do agree that it is a genuine concern, you're trying very hard to discredit it and making yourself look like a hypocrite.

If you like this game so much, as you state, driving people like me away is the worst thing you can do.
op, might i also add, that since you dont own the game, why would you think that Trion is concerned with your opinion of it ?

Because they don't have my money and they want it.

They already have yours, so from a sales stance, who's more important, the potential customer or the person who's already paid?

You as someone who has already put his money forward would think that you are more important or that your opinion somehow holds more weight and value. The reality is, my opinion is the one they want. The one who's almost ready to buy and spend money, but hasn't yet due to concerns.

When someone goes to a F2P game and asks the question, "Is this game worth it", the correct response is "absolutely, it's free".

However, after reading these forums and countless other reviews and playing through this trial, I'm inclined to believe that the answer to if this game is worth it's initial purchase or not would be a drastically different response.

Erei
02-06-2014, 01:19 PM
When someone goes to a F2P game and asks the question, "Is this game worth it", the correct response is "absolutely, it's free".

The game is cheap (10€ on steam right now, and even less when a sale is going on). And you have a free trial to test it.
Do you really need to have someone to tell you the game is good or not ? Can't you see it by yourself ? Free will and all that.

BJWyler
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
The point you miss is that they are triple dipping and I find this to be rather devious of them for a game that really isn't 'up to par'.

I'm not being cheap, If they're going to charge me for a game, remove the product placement advertisements or make the things in the cash shop available upon purchase of the game.

I'm facepalming at you for falling for this.

Sorry, it's not triple-dipping. There is no product placements ads. The Dodge vehicles are part of the lore, and I for one am glad for a game that takes place on a near future earth to actually have real world stuff I can relate to in it.

Cash Shops are how F2P games make their money. Personally speaking, the B2P model that Trion and Anet used are much preferable to the tired, old "buy the game, then keep giving us money every month in order to keep playing."

Indeed - it's that kind of logic that makes planets implode in a singularity event. Proof positive right here that the gaming community has no idea of the meaning of common sense.

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Sorry, it's not triple-dipping. There is no product placements ads. The Dodge vehicles are part of the lore, and I for one am glad for a game that takes place on a near future earth to actually have real world stuff I can relate to in it.

Cash Shops are how F2P games make their money. Personally speaking, the B2P model that Trion and Anet used are much preferable to the tired, old "buy the game, then keep giving us money every month in order to keep playing."

You mean subscription based, yeah. That's a model I'll never follow again.

So you believe that Dodge gets to put it's name all over this game for free?

BJWyler
02-06-2014, 01:44 PM
You mean subscription based, yeah. That's a model I'll never follow again.

Nope, not in the slightest. It's a business arrangement, and one that I have no problem with whatsoever, except for the lack of a certain vehicle to drive that I mention in my sig below. Welcome to advertising in the 21st Century. Things like this have been done for years, generally for the betterment of both parties.

This is what I saw.

Sorry, but I have not yet once bought any bag slots, nor do I feel the need to buy any - and I am a generally a hoarder in games. Nothing is painfully slow in this game, except for gaining Echelon faction, which they soon plan to change. I was max EGO by the end of the summer.

squidgod2000
02-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Nope, not in the slightest. It's a business arrangement, and one that I have no problem with whatsoever, except for the lack of a certain vehicle to drive that I mention in my sig below. Welcome to advertising in the 21st Century. Things like this have been done for years, generally for the betterment of both parties.

Yes; a business arrangement commonly referred to as product placement. Dodge did the same thing with (an episode of) Archer.

It doesn't matter if it's part of the lore--the logos, the cars, the billboards are all product placement. Back in the beta there were Verizon billboards as well, though I don't remember seeing them post-launch.

BJWyler
02-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes; a business arrangement commonly referred to as product placement. Dodge did the same thing with (an episode of) Archer.

It doesn't matter if it's part of the lore--the logos, the cars, the billboards are all product placement. Back in the beta there were Verizon billboards as well, though I don't remember seeing them post-launch.

And I didn't say it wasn't product placement. I just don't happen to have any issue with "adverts" of this type in the slightest, especially when (as I mentioned), it actually works within the world the game is set in.

Also, I have no problem with the B2P model. I think it offers the best of both worlds for both devs - who get the up front infusion of cash, and players who need only pay for the game once - kinda like the old days ... oh wait, it isn't even the old days, but the SOP for single-player games. Free is always nice, but I will happily accept B2P as the best of both worlds.

Zagdul
02-06-2014, 02:03 PM
I seriously don't mind product placement. In fact, I actually wish more games that were based off reality would implement it more since game development doesn't have the same revenue streams a movie or television series has. It also helps with immersion into the environment since you see products you're familiar with.

Blizzard attempted to add in a Mountain Dew pet once and the community went nuts. Not to mention, World of Warcraft is a pretty odd universe to see Mountain Dew in. Customers saw that they had paid for a game, pay a monthly subscription and now have to PAY for this Mountain Dew pet, lets just say things weren't pretty.

I see this as a similar situation where, you have to pay for the [unpolished] game, then pay to expand your bag slots, then pay for... etc etc etc, pay to see product placement. Then you get to play the game.

Shogo_Yahagi
02-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Are you over on the EA boards complaining about the NFL trademarks used in Madden?

BJWyler
02-06-2014, 02:10 PM
I see this as a similar situation where, you have to pay for the [unpolished] game, then pay to expand your bag slots, then pay for... etc etc etc, pay to see product placement. Then you get to play the game.

Again, where is the "have to" in the pay for all this stuff? You only "have to" pay for the game if you want to play the full game - just like any other single-player game for the last ... oh I don't know ... 30 years or so. Before that, you were paying for tabletop games and board games (some of which also had product placements). You also "have to" pay for the DLC if you want to play the content contained in each, but none of it is required or necessary for playing the base game to completion.

Nothing else is a required purchase. You are not forced to buy additional bag slots (again, I am a hoarder and the max 75 that the game gives you via EGO unlocks is more than enough for me). I'll check again, but I also don't recall any of the Dodge vehicles being sold in the store - all the vehicles there are generic ones. You actually get the Dodge vehicles for free by playing the game - and need not even use them if you don't want to, so have the freedom to avoid seeing them unless you encounter other players using them.

You also stated you were new to the game, but from the sounds of things, you are also new to gaming in general. Every single game I have ever purchased in the last 30 odd years has been unpolished and buggy to some extent. That's the nature of the ever increasing complexity of code.

Are you over on the EA boards complaining about the NFL trademarks used in Madden?

Don't forget about MLB, NBA, Tiger Woods, etc. etc. etc.

squidgod2000
02-06-2014, 02:16 PM
And I didn't say it wasn't product placement.

There is no product placements ads.

BJWyler
02-06-2014, 02:20 PM

My bad - I was thinking more in the line of popup adds and such.

xilfxlegion
02-06-2014, 02:58 PM

or in nhl 14 --- they have a different sponsor every week. this week its slim jims and some kind of car.

Manstan
02-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes, during the alpha there was a lot of verison billboards lol. But if this is a post-apocalyptic world, where are the coke signs? Seriously, product placement or not you would expect to see posters and billboards from the by gone era.

Of coarse it would be nice if they had a few other vehicles based on vehicles of today, where are the ram trucks? Silverados, F-150s; oh wait the superbowl add explains why there is no F-150s lol But hay, there has to be a VW baja bug running around some place lol
Did the Apocalypse take out all the soda and snack machines too?

Atticus Batman
02-06-2014, 04:00 PM
There is a dodge billboard, but nothing forces you to buy anything. I personally like the billboard. Not sure about the trial, but in the main game there are NO popups saying buy this, buy that. I got the game for 100$ and chose to buy the seeason pass for 40$, and have not spent anything on it since.

I am fine with the inventory space, and still haven't bought anything in this game. Honestly you only need a couple different guns, so level up your guns, master them, then if your are tired of that gun or find a better one break it down or sale it. The same goes for shields as well. In the game I have never been hounded to buy anything. Heck you can pretty much ignore the cash shop if you want. You only have to open it to go into your claims box, and then you still don't have to browse or buy. Yes they sometimes mention new stuff/dlc added to the cashshop in the newsfeed on the character select screen, but that is to keep you up to date. Nothing more.

If you refuse to spend YOUR money in the cash shop but want something from there, there is another way to get it. Join a rewards program such as Bing. If you are a pc player cash in those bing rewards for a rixty? gift card and use that to buy your bits. If you are on Xbox use the bing rewards to buy xbox gift cards, redeem it then use that to buy bits. Problem solved you get your bits item with bits that you never personally bought! If I do eventually get bits for this game, that is how I am planning on doing so.

Blondin
02-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Problem with Defiance is that it's a good solo game, but a bad multiplayer game... For 5 or 10 $/€, you have a pleasant solo game, plenty of extra missions, decent but not so long main story (you can make it longer by doing other stuff at the same time).
Then for the multiplayer part, it is not that bad, but it lacks of some "details" that could make it better, something that gives some replayability and facilitates group play (and may be crafting, Auction House, housing, more maps, etc...).

Other problem, if Defiance was free to play, I'm pretty sure that a lot of ppl could play the game without paying anything, tbh you don't need to spend a penny in the shop to have fun in this game (you can have all the outfits in different color, the same that you can buy...), except may be inventory slots and even without inventory you can still have fun, killing bugs and riding your car.

Ps. : I never bought a bonus of any kind, I bought cosmetic stuff and spend some bits, because at this time I wanted to support the game, which had a huge potential, now I'm waiting but I'm not so enthusiastic... Yet, I don't regret my purchase of the game, I regret my purchase of the season pass...

Danke
02-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Im not in favor of having to own a pc copy to play on the PTS server, but after seeing this, I think I may be in favor of having own a copy of defiance linked to your trion account to post to these forums. You can have a voice when you pay for it.

That is all.

squidgod2000
02-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes, during the alpha there was a lot of verison billboards lol. But if this is a post-apocalyptic world, where are the coke signs? Seriously, product placement or not you would expect to see posters and billboards from the by gone era.

Of coarse it would be nice if they had a few other vehicles based on vehicles of today, where are the ram trucks? Silverados, F-150s; oh wait the superbowl add explains why there is no F-150s lol But hay, there has to be a VW baja bug running around some place lol
Did the Apocalypse take out all the soda and snack machines too?

Can't just put random brands in your games. It would imply endorsement.

Bonehead
02-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Hey Zag,
If you find it so unpleasant, don't buy it.
Easy peasy.

casinoguy
02-06-2014, 05:45 PM

just my .02

Amen brother!