PDA

View Full Version : Stop saying what do u want for $10

untamed
02-06-2014, 10:05 PM
We the players who purchased the season pass are not expecting the sun and the moon for $10 .We do expect what Trion said we were gone to get, nothing more nothing less. From there post to our eyes. We are plaining on opening the map with upcoming dlc, for new story mission which will be free. The season pass will include side missions and a bunch of exclusive content. ( Trion words not the players) I did look for the original post that read that, but like the turret and co op arena's they are no were to be found.

DanteYoda
02-06-2014, 10:51 PM
What do i want for $10?

More than what i got in DLC3, that's for sure..

Haifisch
02-06-2014, 10:53 PM
I want my $10 back to buy another Rammstein album.

Manstan
02-06-2014, 10:57 PM

Now there is something worth spending $10 on. ;)

lifeexpectancy
02-06-2014, 11:02 PM
They problem is that 7th legion doesnt even qualify as side missions. They already did a free title update ages ago that added sieges and all that. Then they come out with this 7th legion crap which is nothing more than combining previously existing open world events (sieges and emergencies). The ONLY new content here is the weapons and character skins/outfits, and that is NOT worth $10 nor does it satisfy the relationship of trust between consumer and developer when it comes to purchasing things like season passes.

They are passing this title update off as paid DLC to try and skirt the requirement to release 5 DLCs by the one year anniversary so that they dont have to refund our season pass purchases. Its transparent as hell and total bullshtako. They know it too.

ironcladtrash
02-06-2014, 11:02 PM
I just keep comparing this game to Borderlands 2. The season pass DLC I got with that actually had content. Most games do and it's not supposed to be a gamble on if I get ripped off or not buying the season pass.

Danke
02-06-2014, 11:14 PM
I just keep comparing this game to Borderlands 2. The season pass DLC I got with that actually had content. Most games do and it's not supposed to be a gamble on if I get ripped off or not buying the season pass.

I didnt buy the season pass, and Unless something in this one changes I won't be purchasing dlc 3. As it stands, I have the same savings as a season pass holder, getting 5 DLC for the price of 4, only difference is I cant equip a couple of weapons. But who knows I may end up with additional savings from DLC 4 and 5

Deunan
02-06-2014, 11:15 PM
...it's not supposed to be a gamble on if I get ripped off or not buying the season pass.That's news to me. It's always a gamble to get a season pass for a video game. Get a discount and take a chance that the content may not be good or wait and get feedback for each one as it comes out without risk but also without any discount.

It's the same for anyone that buys a video game on release. It's pretty much assumed it's going to have bugs. It's simply a question of how bad and how many there are going to be. In exchange you get a leg up on late comers. Personally I never buy a game on release. The only time I get them on release is if I can get a free promotional copy from people I know with connections or if someone gives me one as a gift.

Holy Bahamut3
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Now there is something worth spending $10 on. ;)
Indeed... Lol

Holy Bahamut3
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
They problem is that 7th legion doesnt even qualify as side missions. They already did a free title update ages ago that added sieges and all that. Then they come out with this 7th legion crap which is nothing more than combining previously existing open world events (sieges and emergencies). The ONLY new content here is the weapons and character skins/outfits, and that is NOT worth $10 nor does it satisfy the relationship of trust between consumer and developer when it comes to purchasing things like season passes.

They are passing this title update off as paid DLC to try and skirt the requirement to release 5 DLCs by the one year anniversary so that they dont have to refund our season pass purchases. Its transparent as hell and total bullshtako. They know it too.

Keeping true to the lore powshtako would be the term, but I see your point.

DanteYoda
02-06-2014, 11:22 PM
That's news to me. It's always a gamble to get a season pass for a video game. Get a discount and take a chance that the content may not be good or wait and get feedback for each one as it comes out without risk but also without any discount.

It's the same for anyone that buys a video game on release. It's pretty much assumed it's going to have bugs. It's simply a question of how bad and how many there are going to be. In exchange you get a leg up on late comers. Personally I never buy a game on release. The only time I get them on release is if I can get a free promotional copy from people I know with connections or if someone gives me one as a gift.

Well see that's the issue i did come late but i thought the first two DLCs had some content that added to the game (even if it wasn't great) so i got the Season pass....no way i would have expected DLC3 to contain absolutely nothing....and it doesn't add anything a few yellow circles and a annoying grind rep vendor...

How is that Content.

Holy Bahamut3
02-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Watch they will attempt to advertise a 2nd season pass, and will be met with a resounding LOL from the community.

ironcladtrash
02-06-2014, 11:26 PM
I didnt buy the season pass, and Unless something in this one changes I won't be purchasing dlc 3. As it stands, I have the same savings as a season pass holder, getting 5 DLC for the price of 4, only difference is I cant equip a couple of weapons. But who knows I may end up with additional savings from DLC 4 and 5

A few extra weapons should never count as a DLC and so far the incursions are so infrequent and so buggy I can't get enough rep to buy a lockbox to even see how the other weapons you can get are.

That's news to me. It's always a gamble to get a season pass for a video game

Other games have small cosmetic items to buy or weapons but none have tried to pass it off as DLC. Even Borderlands has crap weapon boxes and cosmetic items you can buy but are separate from DLC season pass.

Arsenic_Touch
02-06-2014, 11:32 PM

Even the headhunter packs for a few bucks have more content.

Synther
02-06-2014, 11:41 PM
They are passing this title update off as paid DLC to try and skirt the requirement to release 5 DLCs by the one year anniversary so that they dont have to refund our season pass purchases.

These kinds of comments are hilarious. The reason they're funny is that I doubt Trion is scared of any such "requirement." In order for anything spectacular to happen, a basement dwelling neckbeard would have to actually get a lawyer and take them to court. And since people on the forums (aka basement dwelling neckbeards) are all talk and no show anyway, there is very little threat.

lifeexpectancy
02-06-2014, 11:51 PM
These kinds of comments are hilarious. The reason they're funny is that I doubt Trion is scared of any such "requirement." In order for anything spectacular to happen, a basement dwelling neckbeard would have to actually get a lawyer and take them to court. And since people on the forums (aka basement dwelling neckbeards) are all talk and no show anyway, there is very little threat.

You're on the forums. Are you a basement dwelling neckbeard? I'm a registered nurse with 3 degrees and a wife myself, yet I dont lump all forum goers into some condescending arse of a reply as yours was.

Also, what do lawyers have to do with anything? I didnt mention lawsuits. In fact in the OP of my thread about this I specifically laughed at the idea of lawsuits, at least if you catch the sarcasm implied by my quotes.

What gamers CAN do is simply call Microsoft and ask politely for a refund since the content they purchased was not provided within the timelines of the agreement. I and many others have already received a full refund of our Battlefield 4 season pass due to the game being broken and unplayable for so long and future DLC releases being put on hold.

I guarantee you if DLC 5 isn't out by April people will be able to do the same thing with Defiance's season pass. If you dont think Trion has considered this then you might want to shave your own neckbeard there fella.

Thomas1975
02-06-2014, 11:54 PM

And What does this make you?

OttawaREDBLACKS
02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
I personally hope the next reward that trion gives is to just close the servers right then and there. People should stop everyday a new thread of trion sucks this or this is broken... lets leave it as this, defiance is too technologically advanced for the consoles but not advanced enough for computer gamers.

Deunan
02-07-2014, 12:07 AM
I personally hope the next reward that trion gives is to just close the servers right then and there. People should stop everyday a new thread of trion sucks this or this is broken... lets leave it as this, defiance is too technologically advanced for the consoles but not advanced enough for computer gamers.It would be simpler for them to close down the forums. Tabula Rasa never even had one from day one.

Synther
02-07-2014, 12:14 AM
You're on the forums. Are you a basement dwelling neckbeard? I'm a registered nurse with 3 degrees and a wife myself, yet I dont lump all forum goers into some condescending arse of a reply as yours was.

Also, what do lawyers have to do with anything? I didnt mention lawsuits. In fact in the OP of my thread about this I specifically laughed at the idea of lawsuits, at least if you catch the sarcasm implied by my quotes.

What gamers CAN do is simply call Microsoft and ask politely for a refund since the content they purchased was not provided within the timelines of the agreement. I and many others have already received a full refund of our Battlefield 4 season pass due to the game being broken and unplayable for so long and future DLC releases being put on hold.

I guarantee you if DLC 5 isn't out by April people will be able to do the same thing with Defiance's season pass. If you dont think Trion has considered this then you might want to shave your own neckbeard there fella.

And if you think that asking Microsoft for a refund on a game DLC pack made by a company that has nothing to do with Microsoft is going to get you anywhere, then you're far more confused than I previously thought.

Bonehead
02-07-2014, 12:27 AM
And What does this make you?

http://files.samhart.net/humor/neckbeard/05.cor_blimey.png
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EEmoAfyggfY/UDzeb5r8jqI/AAAAAAAAAFA/I4l9L8foaLQ/s1600/Neck+Beard+Leprachaun.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j4_1ZfdxHVM/TPPskPTNc5I/AAAAAAAABx4/_WVAWFISsHs/s1600/neckbeard.jpg
http://dirtyhippieradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Live-on-KCSF-90.0-FM-San-Francisco.gif

barbzilla
02-07-2014, 01:20 AM
This is one of those times when I am really happy that I just don't buy DLC at all. I really do feel for those who did purchase one, and I feel for the game as we hemorrhage players. I really hope that they either flip the F2P switch, or significantly increase the quality of the next two DLCs. At this point, I'm willing to bet that the only reason they haven't flipped the F2P switch yet, is because of all the times the Alpha testers told Trion that the game would probably end up F2P in less than a year, and now they have to prove a point.

Anyhow, my condolences to those of you who purchased a season pass for the failure to add anything of value with this one.

sly wolf
02-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Trion have pulled off yet another classic "bait and switch" a move they have become a master of since last april.

Bonehead
02-07-2014, 01:33 AM
This is one of those times when I am really happy that I just don't buy DLC at all. I really do feel for those who did purchase one, and I feel for the game as we hemorrhage players. I really hope that they either flip the F2P switch, or significantly increase the quality of the next two DLCs. At this point, I'm willing to bet that the only reason they haven't flipped the F2P switch yet, is because of all the times the Alpha testers told Trion that the game would probably end up F2P in less than a year, and now they have to prove a point.

Anyhow, my condolences to those of you who purchased a season pass for the failure to add anything of value with this one.

If you're happy, I'm happy.

Littleweasel
02-07-2014, 03:00 AM
what i want for each dlc is that it actually contained content that is only playable by people that buy it, at least that way it is justified to buy, and i don't mean 30 mins of running around doing pointless missions. i mean content like dlc1's arenas that people that did not buy it could not do them.

drackiller
02-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Even the headhunter packs for a few bucks have more content.
I got Borderlands 2 free on Playstation Plus, what a great game, now i`m considering buying the season pass for Borderlands 2 and also buying the first Borderlands.
Great game indeed, and funny ;)

drackiller
02-07-2014, 03:27 AM
I personally hope the next reward that trion gives is to just close the servers right then and there. People should stop everyday a new thread of trion sucks this or this is broken... lets leave it as this, defiance is too technologically advanced for the consoles but not advanced enough for computer gamers.
Man, stop blaming consoles, blame bad programing.
Both Xbox and PS3 can handle better then DEFIANCE, what they can`t handle is bad programing.

Bonehead
02-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Probably my favorite franchise.
You can get the borderlands GOTY set with all DLCs for a song anymore.
I hope they announce BL3 soon.

Bonehead
02-07-2014, 03:30 AM
Man, stop blaming consoles, blame bad programing.
Both Xbox and PS3 can handle better then DEFIANCE, what they can`t handle is bad programing.

^^Pretty sure this has something to do with it.^^

drackiller
02-07-2014, 03:30 AM
Probably my favorite franchise.
You can get the borderlands GOTY set with all DLCs for a song anymore.
I hope they announce BL3 soon.

I hope so, my PS4 is getting dusty :)

Elastik Spastik
02-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Imo the only way to save this game is for someone to buy it off trion that has the manpower, compentancy, time and resources to make it what it is.

Elric1
02-07-2014, 05:15 AM
What do i want for $10?

More than what i got in DLC3, that's for sure..

Well it is a DLC #3 however they never said all 4 would have 'content' ala missions. DLC3 is likely the poorest DLC for 10 bucks anyone likely to have ever seen. Except for pets from World of Warcraft. But hey let's not use a little commons sense here.
I understand this is the dlc of least proportions but you could have gotten a single pet and call that dlc 'content' =P

Binky
02-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Trion set the price at approx $10.
Not us.

Trion told us what they'd give us for that.
"NEW FACTION

Yoshida Hiro’s 7th Legion has come to the Bay Area looking for recruits. Join their forces and reap the rewards."
We didn't tell them what to write.
I see no 'Yoshida Hiro’s 7th Legion'.
I see no 'recruiting'.
I see no "Join their forces....."
I see no 'Forces'.
I see nothing to 'Join'.

Elisabeth told us:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?135909-So-are-we-not-getting-any-New-Story-Content-in-future-DLC&p=1282579&viewfull=1#post1282579
09-25-2013 01:48 PM

We will have new story content in every DLC - details will be coming later, but you can count on that.
We didn't write that.
That's all what I want for my $10

She didn't say or imply 'Anything we feel like sweeping off the floor and putting into an upload can be called "content" for a DLC, and you'll have to like it'.
Did she?

:)

Manstan
02-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Imo the only way to save this game is for someone to buy it off trion that has the manpower, compentancy, time and resources to make it what it is.

That would be up to Syfy not Trion. It's not actually their baby to sell.

Binky
02-07-2014, 08:17 AM
That would be up to Syfy not Trion. It's not actually their baby to sell.

According to Elisabeth, TRION owns the intellectual property of the game.
I'm sure you misspoke when you implied she might have been misinformed.
You may recall what happened to Sledge when HE asked the devs about mobs dropping OJs, and came back to report that they could.
It seems to be the policy of the denizens of the forum to execute the messenger whether they deserve it or not.

Quebra Regra
02-07-2014, 08:22 AM

LOL! Wha?!? A German with a sense of humor?!?!? Isn't that a sign of the Apocalypse? ;)

awesome sauce! :)

Quebra Regra
02-07-2014, 08:25 AM

Failing that, maybe it's time for TRION to open the tools up to the mod community... start a contest, integrate some of the better USER developed content into the game?

Users know what Users want. Mod/community maps can be very successful.

Manstan
02-07-2014, 08:40 AM
According to Elisabeth, TRION owns the intellectual property of the game.
I'm sure you misspoke when you implied she might have been misinformed.
You may recall what happened to Sledge when HE asked the devs about mobs dropping OJs, and came back to report that they could.
It seems to be the policy of the denizens of the forum to execute the messenger whether they deserve it or not.

Considering this game is only running because of contractual obligations with the Syfy channel, and Syfy is not about to sell off rights to Defiance; the show, I doubt seriously trion could sell it with out a bunch of legal folderol.

AmnesiaHaze
02-07-2014, 08:43 AM
i bought the season pass because the game looked promising and i had faith , but im not expeciting anything anymore for the money , i didnt even bother to download dlc3 and defiance is uninstalled, of course i bought plenty of games that didnt meet my expectations so im not surprised

Chevota
02-07-2014, 09:55 AM
I do like the picking and choosing of quotes, but not the further inquiry into any more quotes...

The mission/storyline stuff WAS DLC 3 until time restraints pushed DLC3 to DLC 4, and 7th Legion (DLC 4) up to DLC 3.

You buy a Pass not knowing what you get. Trion is kinda boning those Pass holders IMO. BUT, thats the risk you take. For every game that fully pays off for its Passers like BL2, there are games that ruin its fanbase. 2 could argue both ways in this case, and have, and will, and are continuing to do so with DLC 4 and 5.

Point is, the DLC swap is not a reason to tear into the game just yet, you have to wait until DLC 4 comes out to see the Story/Map increase to see if its deemed good or bad.

And STOP WITH THE DAMMED TURRET lmao, its not happening and FANTASTIC that it never did!!! they couldnt/cant get Cerberus' right, and you want them all over the open-world game? are you bonkers? Console is broken enough as it is, dont need 50 people shooting turrets there too. Yes, there was a turret element once, then someone thought "Hey, this will break the game" so they took it out... If only they did that with Stims and Spikes... if only.

xox Zoey xox
02-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Well it is a DLC #3 however they never said all 4 would have 'content' ala missions. DLC3 is likely the poorest DLC for 10 bucks anyone likely to have ever seen. Except for pets from World of Warcraft. But hey let's not use a little commons sense here.
I understand this is the dlc of least proportions but you could have gotten a single pet and call that dlc 'content' =P

I hope your joking!!! I would probably spend $30 on ONE pet in Defiance! A pink hellbug, or a little kitty folowing you around!!!!!!! Take my money! I would rather that then guns ahahaha, but not more than stpry por map add ons. I think DLC 4 will ROCK

Binky
02-07-2014, 10:33 AM
In the free market of the real world, Orange juice prices are determined by the weather which affects the volume of the crop. And the demand of a limited supply by the consumers.

Gasoline prices (neglecting government manipulation of taxes) are dependent on finding it, pumping it, and using it.

Where is the issue with 'supply/demand' in this DLC stuff?

I go to the supplier, and contract for 100 widgets for January delivery.
The factory makes the widgets.
It's common ordinary stuff, not 'Unobtanium'.

I contract for a DLC of content.
The Devs can't say 'The weather was bad, and the software didn't grow....'.
The Devs can't say 'The water was too cold, and the software wasn't spawning....'.
The Devs can't say 'There was a strike at the software mine....'.

They write the stuff, and they write it til it's done.

The only reason we get crummy volume in the DLC is because they didn't write enough.
Well... GO WRITE SOME MORE.... and release the DLC when it's full of the software.....

It aint rocket surgery....
Why is this even being argued against?

You don't deliver the software, it's because you took my money and didn't write enough software, and now You're making believe it's 'SCARCE'.....

You set the price.
I paid it.
You have my money.
Give me what I paid for.

Elastik Spastik
02-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Failing that, maybe it's time for TRION to open the tools up to the mod community... start a contest, integrate some of the better USER developed content into the game?

Users know what Users want. Mod/community maps can be very successful.

I'd be 100% behind this. It's probably the games only saviour.

Deunan
02-07-2014, 11:09 AM
And if you think that asking Microsoft for a refund on a game DLC pack made by a company that has nothing to do with Microsoft is going to get you anywhere, then you're far more confused than I previously thought.Battlefield 4 is an EA product. It has nothing to do with Microsoft. Sony has already refunded many PS3 Season Pass holders.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_--KVGFKWPRQ/TH_EEVZos3I/AAAAAAAAAAU/P6i52x_vdpY/s1600/epic_fail_guy_129830.jpg

Amack
02-07-2014, 11:13 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/fxsdh5.jpg

untamed
02-07-2014, 06:25 PM
True to point Final Fantasy Realm reborn ps3 huge MMO tons and tons of content RUNS PERFECT ON PS3

Whippersnapper
02-07-2014, 06:53 PM
I paid full price. I didn't pay no $10.

DanteYoda
02-07-2014, 07:13 PM

I never asked for missions (would have been nice though) and i'd have been more happy with something tangible like a pet Hellbug or Scrapper etc, over a vendor and a few yellow circles..

Bonehead
02-07-2014, 07:17 PM
I would like a pet Skitterling.

Amack
02-07-2014, 07:19 PM
I would like a pet Skitterling.

With a turret on it!

Arsenic_Touch
02-07-2014, 07:24 PM
With a turret on it!

It'll end up looking like a red blastoise. Nintendo will have a field day.