PDA

View Full Version : Incursions: Info via the Live Stream

Fuzzle
02-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Having never seen a SF Incursion, I was particularly interested in understanding how incursions worked, hoping there was some way to encourage them to spawn. I thought other forum-goers might be interested as well so I am sharing everything I gathered from what they said on the live stream.

Incursions:

Incursions are on the same spawning system as Arkfalls (noted that Arkfalls/Incursions can get in the way of each other).
Incursions can't start if the siege it ends with is currently active. (Mt. Tam doesn't end at a regular siege location, so it pops more often).
They are updating the event management system (as I understand it, this governs how dynamic events spawn). No time given, other than in the future.
Incursions occur randomly like Arkfalls.
Regarding the concerns about too many players - specifically at the siege at the end: They are more likely to activate multiple simultaneous incursions on the map rather than instance the final stage like an Arkbreak. (No definitive answer however).
Regarding Incursion scaling: Creatures scale up to 4x in health. They are implementing a more robust scaling system, but no ETA given.
All dynamic events can't spawn when there's another in the way. (an area where dynamic events have been completed have a higher chance to spawn an incursion but only because the space is available and not due to having cleared x number of events).
Incursion Loot: For 7th legion weapons, there is a 15% chance to get blue. Purples and Oranges are restricted to reputation vendor.

Arsenic_Touch
02-07-2014, 09:08 PM
I facepalmed so hard at the mention of the loot.

The incursions take forever and you get greens as your reward and maybe a blue, and then you spend weeks grinding the rep to buy boxes which will give you more greens and blues. /sigh

Whippersnapper
02-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I crashed during a Mt Tam incursion today and later the server was down. I had to completely close the client and restart. So some incursions seem to be buggy.

Stefanwulfe
02-07-2014, 09:21 PM
I've participated in 3 San Fran incursions, so they do exist.

WhiteF8ng
02-07-2014, 10:12 PM

I've yet to see one. Did they all end at the same Siege point?

hardy83
02-07-2014, 10:18 PM
I've done 2.
SF and Mt. Tam.

I'm okay with Incursions giving only green/blue quality items, but the blue quality should definitely be higher than 15%. Maybe like...25%.

Loot boxes bought with rep should NOT give green items, ever. How unfair and unappealing that is to grind that much rep and get a green.
I understand, and am totally okay with them wanting to make epic and specifically legendary gear harder to get, but blue should definitely be easy to get.

nite
02-07-2014, 11:43 PM
ive seen all part from marin wich never seems to appear and every time my xbox crashes and i have hard restart....and for my privlege of forking out 7.99 i get crap guns i dont want that are always yellow!

blujoker
02-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Pretty sure the weapon caches are rare and better, so blue and up. Though, hopefully, if people are getting greens from the weapon caches they are submitting tickets and such.

Granted the mod cache is probably tossing out greens.

Arsenic_Touch
02-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Pretty sure the weapon caches are rare and better, so blue and up. Though, hopefully, if people are getting greens from the weapon caches they are submitting tickets and such.

Granted the mod cache is probably tossing out greens.

It's green and up.

Darquesyde
02-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Finally got a Marin Incursion, game crashed with 4 minutes left...hate wasting my time, especially knowing the limits on the loot.

Tekrunner
02-08-2014, 01:24 AM
Why do they only give blues at max, and at a pretty low rate at that? Sieges are faster to complete, and they give higher quality loot. Granted they don't give any rep, but isn't that supposed to be a perk of being a DLC-owner?

blujoker
02-08-2014, 01:42 AM
It's green and up.

*sighs* that is silly, a huge disincentive to poke at that rep, and a giant typo on the description for the cache.

Arsenic_Touch
02-08-2014, 01:55 AM
*sighs* that is silly, a huge disincentive to poke at that rep, and a giant typo on the description for the cache.

Yeah I got a green no ego level shield out of it. Had like 10xx capacity on it.
Also got a green shotgun out of it. I opened 2 so far, got greens both time. 1 green and 2 blues.

DanteYoda
02-08-2014, 08:20 AM

What Version are you, i've never seen a SF incursion in PC NA?

Nashtalia
02-08-2014, 08:25 AM
good to know INCURSIONS will not rely on the player count on the server! *salutes*

key word on the OP is "Random"

Fuzzle
02-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Why do they only give blues at max, and at a pretty low rate at that? Sieges are faster to complete, and they give higher quality loot. Granted they don't give any rep, but isn't that supposed to be a perk of being a DLC-owner?

Just to clarify, you can get oranges from incursions, because you are doing a siege and get siege rewards for it* but you can only get green or blue 7th legion items.

* Incursion sieges from what I have seen seem to give rewards in the same exact way as sieges except the scoreboard won't show your tier at the end but will show the incursion scoreboard instead. It looks to use the same tier system, where 27k is highest level for infected, and 40k is highest for Volge. As far as I'm aware nobody knows the scoring tiers for the mutant siege in Mt. Tam.

What Version are you, i've never seen a SF incursion in PC NA?

I have read here on the forums that there was one a couple days ago. I personally have been on for 10's of hours without having seen one so far. They definitely appear to be a rare unicorn.

Arsenic_Touch
02-08-2014, 11:16 AM
good to know INCURSIONS will not rely on the player count on the server! *salutes*

key word on the OP is "Random"

Which is funny because when testing they release it on the PTS, they said it was based on population. They need to stick with one answer.

Binky
02-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Which is funny because when testing they release it on the PTS, they said it was based on population. They need to stick with one answer.

Remember when Sledge was asked about Arkfalls dropping OJs, and by extension it then it devolved into skitts being able to drop OJs?

Sledge went off, asked 'a' or 'the' dev(s), and when he gave us the answer he was nailed to a piece of wood by both sides of the argument.

I think this is another case of a 'It depends which one of the two devs is working that day' kind of thing.

I know some people had 'issues' with Sledge, but any way you looked at it - the guy went home at night, logged on, and played the game with us.

ColapsN7
02-08-2014, 11:34 AM
http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0208/7c/fc0ce353e3f5f5e8981745573611077c.jpg
o_O :cool:. drop zashebis *nomal .

Arsenic_Touch
02-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Sledge went off, asked 'a' or 'the' dev(s), and when he gave us the answer he was nailed to a piece of wood by both sides of the argument.

The reason he was being nailed to a piece of wood was because too many times something he said was not reflected in game and when he was confronted about it, he would deflect the issue or ignore it out right. That's why people had a problem with him.

maverick07
02-08-2014, 11:43 AM
As far as I'm aware nobody knows the scoring tiers for the mutant siege in Mt. Tam.

Yeah this is why I really wish we could get Serenity Academy in the rotation for sieges. Not only should incursions appear less frequently there but we could figure out what the scoring is like too.

I've been playing at least 6 hours each day this week and haven't seen SF once. And I have only seen Marin one time, Sausalito I have seen 2 times, but it glitched both times :(.