PDA

View Full Version : How many people are working on Defiance and the DLCs?

Sdric
02-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Just curious how big Trions Dev team (still) is.

Binky
02-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Just curious how big Trions Dev team (still) is.

Remember when Chris Lena disappeared?
Remember how long it took for them to tell us, and how long we were asking?

We haven't seen Trick in two Live Streams....

Coincidence?

Elastik Spastik
02-08-2014, 10:55 AM
I think they just have an unqualified coder and an amateur blender user.

Manstan
02-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Trion's team is divided up amongst a few games, this one is the bottom of the totem pole and an after thought at best.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Trion's team is divided up amongst a few games, this one is the bottom of the totem pole and an after thought at best.
Or aka "redheaded step-child" lol. I can imagine the lunch time conversations where all the cool kids talk trash to the defiance devs, who themselves wish they were working on the better games.

Ashlocke
02-08-2014, 04:25 PM
*Snippet heard from a robotic spy fly on the wall*

Boss: "Hey who was the last person to grab coffee in the break room and didn't refill the pot!?!"

Jim (Name changed to protect the innocent): *Raises hand* "I think I was mister boss sir..."

Boss: "Curse you! As punishment you work on Defiance for the rest of the day, I hope you've learned your lesson young man."

Jim: "Yes mister boss sir, I won't do it again." *slinks away*

Amack
02-08-2014, 04:32 PM
The answer is 42.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 04:36 PM
I wonder if the devs themselves see defiance as some sort of punishment. I had a lot of anger like most of the posters on this forum but reading all them angry posts had given me a bit of a therapeutic massage if you will.

Does anybody think they're doing their best with what they have or they just DGAF?

Amack
02-08-2014, 04:38 PM
I had a lot of anger like most of the posters on this forum but reading all them angry posts had given me a bit of a therapeutic massage if you will.

That isn't good my friend, not good at all.

The good news is, you are on the way to recovery! :D

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 04:43 PM
That isn't good my friend, not good at all.
sometimes finding players who feel the same way I do or worse makes me feel a little better about being angry. Sometimes it calms me down because most of what I feel/felt has been posted a thousand times.
Believe me I will always be angry about what this game could be. This game stopped me from playing COD cold! But the glitches are too unbearable at times. Trust me I'm not settling I just know there's safety in numbers.

Amack
02-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I completely understand, but it just makes you susceptible to situations where there is no one else to compliment your mood... and then the trouble starts.

This game could be great. We all know that. We all have to make it happen.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Well I'm ok with a good argument. I'm not looking for sycophants or anything like that. I'm easy to get along with. I know that's me saying that and you don't know me but I'm pretty easy going and not much upsets me. In real life people upset me all the time but I ignore it because I got WAY more
Things to worry about.
I hate/love this game like everyone else I'm guessing.

QipQip
02-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Somewhere between 8 and 12 maybe? Considering the level of content we're received I cant imagine it being much more than that.A few artists for bit store outfits and reskins sounds about right. One sound guy I guess?.Trick as lead and Dahanese on community.The rest would be reworking the old content as DLC and bug fixes.Well that's my best guess,anyone else have an idea?

Nyamara
02-08-2014, 05:08 PM

I'd agree, though I think Defiance is a little higher on the list than RIFT. I say this because RIFT has been around for a while and while free to play now, it already has a lot of items for people to spend money on to get. So they aren't needing to focus as heavily on it as they do on the other games...

Now as for the two other games, I'm thinking Defiance is under them in priority... Though if TRION has more developers than most people give them credit for then, I'm would think it would be easy to have TRION have multiple teams working on each game. I know they probably don't do much alpha and beta testing of their own and probably rely on us to submit bug reports and comments in-game (not on the forums) to help them solve bugs and other issues that we happen across.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Hard freeze yay! Lol.

Manstan
02-08-2014, 05:32 PM
I completely understand, but it just makes you susceptible to situations where there is no one else to compliment your mood... and then the trouble starts.

This game could be great. We all know that. We all have to make it happen.

I have experience mesh modeling, am a texture artiest, and have experience modding games. But I don't think that helps ;)

Amack
02-08-2014, 05:34 PM
No Stan, that in no way helps here... but, I do very much appreciate the concern and please keep the ideas flowing.

Mr3ad
02-08-2014, 06:06 PM
10 symbols

Amack
02-08-2014, 06:08 PM
I don't understand. Why are you making me do this?

http://i62.tinypic.com/ngyjkp.jpg

Nyamara
02-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Trion Dev Team is may be any size, the problem is that it spends almost no time on defiance and working on other projects like Rift and CubeWorld Clone. There is no coders, designers and\or modelers that bound to defiance.

Trion has obligations to maintain the game for Sci-Fi channel, couse Sci-Fi payd for gamedev. And if they would not fulfill those obligations Sci-Fi will sue Trion.
The funny thing is that Trion has obligations to game buyers too, but they don't really care about them, because they always can ignore them. "Shut up and play" they say. The worst thing player can do is to try get money back.

Every forum thread about dlc3 lack of content were ignored.
Half of questions at last friday stream (defiance part of stream) were about dlc3 lack of content, and all of them were ignored (and for asking such question i even got a ban for few minutes, funny).

You don't know of the past, but I remember what someone from TRION Worlds stated on like a twitch video or something that SyFy and TRION worked to make Defiance possible, but they made the game and the show separate enough that if one failed the other could still continue on. This means that there is no obligation for TRION or SyFy to support either the show or the game, yet they do because many people like it and will play it.

Mr3ad
02-08-2014, 06:32 PM
10 symbols

Amack
02-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Has anyone already stated that he owns mars, or i can do that?

For the record, I own Mars. Not our Mars, but a Mars in an alternate universe totally separate to ours.

Mr3ad
02-08-2014, 06:38 PM
10 symbols

Bonehead
02-08-2014, 07:13 PM
I own Uranus.

Amack
02-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I own Uranus.

Which Uranus are we talking about here? Surely not Myanus.

ColapsN7
02-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Server deat

Mr3ad
02-08-2014, 07:17 PM
10 symbols

Amack
02-08-2014, 07:17 PM
I'll get the paddles.

Bonehead
02-08-2014, 07:20 PM
On topic, I'm thinking two interns and Trick.

Binky
02-08-2014, 09:19 PM
On topic, I'm thinking two interns and Trick.
At least one of the interns is not full time.

Amack
02-08-2014, 09:37 PM
At least one of the interns is not full time.

And the one that is, is probably very good looking.

Bonehead
02-08-2014, 09:40 PM
And the one that is, is probably very good looking.

Oh the potential there...
just gonna walk away though...