PDA

View Full Version : things I've tried to improve connection problems

vinceram
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Things I've tried to improve connection/server disconnect issues:

Hardware/Software Specific

1.Upgraded to Verizon FIOS to Quantum (50 Mbs)
2.Installed the latest Actiontec router that Verizon has available MI424WR (Rev. G)
3.Directly connected PS3 to modem/router
4.First set port forwarding on router : UDP 3658, 3478-79, 40000-45000; TCP 80, 443, 5223, 6540, 50000
5.Then set PS3 to the DMZ Zone on the router (effectively sets all ports opened)
6.Set the DNS server to the Open DNS address (it improved download speed, but not upload)
7.Cleared cache of PS3, then un-installed the Defiance Game 4][/data, then re-installed with the latest patches.
8.Disabled Media Server feature

Other actions:

1.Gave blood, sweat and tears
2.Sat through numerous disconnects, freezes and hard resets all at the most in-opportune times; such as in the middle of side missions, Major and Minor Arkfalls, during Episode missions, Swarms, etc.
3.I Posted an obscene/vulgar worded rant that won for me a 24 hour ban for which I now regret posting yet I hope the level of frustration (Note: this rant was posted after numerous disconnects (about 10), freezes, disappearing vehicles, etc in one 2 hour period!) that I have been experiencing could at least remediation my culpability

Any other Ideas??????

Amack
02-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Sacrifice a virgin.
In all seriousness though, you've done everything (and more) that could be asked.
I'm truly sorry for your situation.
You will enjoy it much more on PC, if at all possible.

hey u
02-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Call Sony and double check this if you try it but this helped me tons on my end after doing most of what you have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA2AGLdpsUE

Amack
02-08-2014, 02:52 PM
I forgot to mention talk to Hey U, he has become an expert on the situation.

hey u
02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I forgot to mention talk to Hey U, he has become an expert on the situation.

Spent good chunk of money and time to try and fix and hours on the phone with Sony customer service. On the Bright side Sony has good customer service music.

Olaf
02-08-2014, 03:47 PM
This is my main gripe with defiance, it's almost a year now since launch day and the ps3 is still using the force when it comes to disconnections. One or two disconnects a day would be understandable, but being disconnected CONSTANTLY all day whenever your just about to be rewarded or join a coop or an ark fall or a siege or ANYTHING , even fast travel is a risk. Don't get me started on sieges, I spend most of my time running to invisible targets watching all my team mates obliterate the red dots off the map while I'm still looking for ANY volge to render before it gets dispatched by the swarm of generic looking team mates. As for scoring 40k points to get a chance at a legendary, go figure it's next to impossible when every damn volge is invisible until you finally see it render just before it's lifeless corpse goes flying.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 03:54 PM
For a week everything went well, no boots, got to play PvP long enough to get my ark predator suit, all with No probs. Now? Same bs as before, booted off 10x in a day, booting off during last near killing of monolith etc. I've never grinded so hard in my life, though this is my first official MMO.

Amack
02-08-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm going to put this here as some food for thought. If Trion was able to in any way try to alleviate this problem, they sure wouldn't be working at Trion.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm going to put this here as some food for thought. If Trion was able to in any way try to alleviate this problem, they sure wouldn't be working at Trion.

So this does lead me to believe that they just didn't expect this much demand for the game as well as the veracity of its players. I didn't want to play defiance because I never cared for syfy, so much cheeze. But my wife bought me the game, I plugged it in, and wad pleasantly surprised. So many hours of joy AND pain. Oh the pain.

OttawaREDBLACKS
02-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Just saying consoles aren't designed to process this information, defiance is too advanced from consoles but not enough for PCs.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Just saying consoles aren't designed to process this information, defiance is too advanced from consoles but not enough for PCs.

So then the problem won't be going away any time soon. I figured as much. But man its still fun.

Amack
02-08-2014, 04:15 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2ci7aeh.jpg

hey u
02-08-2014, 04:16 PM
There are things to "help" but no fix yet....

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 04:17 PM
For one week it was beautiful, now back to normal. Lol.

drackiller
02-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Another one with miss judgments, the problem is not the console itself , it`s the way the game wasn`t made or should be made for the console.
The PS3 and the XBOX 360 can be old and outdated but they can handle much more demanding hardware games than Defiance.
I give you 2 examples for the PS3, DUST and Final Fantasy.
I`m no expert on programing/coding like 99% of the community here in the forum seems to be, what i know is that the PS3 has a memory problem (RAM), the lack of it to be precise. To work as it should be the console would have to dump memory in real time and she can`t.
The methode refered by Hey U is only a temporary fix, i know because i used to do that A LOT when playing SKYRIM. It`s a process to dump memory and defragmentation of the console, but never the less a fix that remedies only for a day at best.

Amack
02-08-2014, 06:02 PM
dump memory in real time

My brain seems to be able to do that... yep, I'm sure of it, they should copy my brain!

Sliverbaer
02-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I solved my PS3 disconnect issues by switching to PC. (PC specs in sig)

There's a memory leak / requirement in Defiance that the PS3 cannot handle. Latest game I've been playing, AC4, is fine (99% sync, almost 100%) on PS3, like most single player games.

hey u
02-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Sometimes I find it helps if I keep my toes crossed while I play for bonus good luck.

Amack
02-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Sometimes I find it helps if I keep my toes crossed while I play for bonus good luck.

My toes cross everytime I make a nice headshot.

Xzelian
02-08-2014, 09:30 PM
I solved my PS3 disconnect issues by switching to PC. (PC specs in sig)

There's a memory leak / requirement in Defiance that the PS3 cannot handle. Latest game I've been playing, AC4, is fine (99% sync, almost 100%) on PS3, like most single player games.

Sure ...the memory leak is with Sony, while all other games don't suffer from it. No the "memory leak" comes from interns being allowed to program a grown up game. It's been a year now, no solutions, yet programmed and marketed for a console.
The truth is that those laying down code post layoff (as the game was originally mostly stable) could care less about the console market. If ignored the console players go away, and then they can focus on their target group. PC users.

Amack
02-08-2014, 09:33 PM
You know you might be onto something there... it could very well be a conspiracy to assimilate all the console users into the PC master race...

We gotta do something! This shtako is serious!