PDA

View Full Version : Sharpshooter Saviour silver score help

Sonic7870
02-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Been trying to get silver in this challenge but all I can get are bronze or the ranchers diecan anyone offer any advice on this

Amack
02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm not entirely sure if it will help or not, but give the FOV Shift thread a try.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 03:10 PM
More often than naught i'll hit the baddies straight on, not always headshots, and they won't go down. I think I've put all my years of cross-cursing in this level let alone this entire game.

nathanpbutler
02-08-2014, 03:17 PM
This is one where the perks make all the difference. When you use that gun, you automatically cloak, so look for perks that give you extra damage for height differences and when cloaked. That will start allowing you to basically one-hit-kill anything in that challenge, even if hitting the body instead of the head. After that, it is just a matter of keeping an eye on how they come in, since they tend to enter in a similar pattern each time. And zoom out then back in to quickly switch targets without having to search for them through the scope.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Curious, will anybody see this as cheating? I know how hardcore some gamers are/can be. Lol.

nathanpbutler
02-08-2014, 03:31 PM
That's the way the challenges and such are designed. The perks make the difference in rampages and hotshots, whereas Runner level makes all the difference in the time trials. That's not cheating: It's simply being aware of your loadout before attempting a challenge.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 03:34 PM
That's the way the challenges and such are designed. The perks make the difference in rampages and hotshots, whereas Runner level makes all the difference in the time trials. That's not cheating: It's simply being aware of your loadout before attempting a challenge.
Ok so I run a sniper loadout with cloak and related perks. So I should start the challenge with thus character? Thanks for the replies.

nathanpbutler
02-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Basically, yes. I'd have to look, but you might also want to use the perk that gives you extra damage when crouching too. Either way, the idea is to stack as many perks as you can (since you can't choose your rifle for this one) that increase damage so that you need not shoot any raider more than once, thus keeping your killing speed going. You might also grab a perk that gives you more ammo automatically on a kill, but I can't recall if that is for your stored weapon or your drawn one, so that may or may not help. It has been quite a while since I did that challenge to wrap up that pursuit.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Thanks.
So does it matter where I put my perks? Do I have to put my cloak duration perk next to my cloak recharge perk for it to work properly? I use preparedness a lot where it reloads whatever weapon you're not using at any given time.

nathanpbutler
02-08-2014, 04:01 PM
No, there's no rhyme or reason to the order of the perks. You might want to make sure you have cloak equipped. It auto-cloaks you when you use the weapon, but that might not activate the perks without cloak. Not 100% certain.

Burned In Effigy
02-08-2014, 04:03 PM
No, there's no rhyme or reason to the order of the perks. You might want to make sure you have cloak equipped. It auto-cloaks you when you use the weapon, but that might not activate the perks without cloak. Not 100% certain.

Thank you for your replies. I know I'm new so........
I was hoping the perks could be placed wherever, with my ADD coupled with impatience I just go willy nilly.