PDA

View Full Version : Incursions: A True Challenge

nathanpbutler
02-08-2014, 03:20 PM
I don't see why people are complaining that Incursions are just small emergencies that are easily passed, followed by the same ol' sieges.

I mean, don't you all agree that the emergencies and sieges that are found in Incursions are made significantly tougher than normal, now that Trion has given cloaking power to virtually all enemies, vehicles, road barriers, and landscape items during Incursions? I mean, a battle against stuff you can't see, blocked by things you can't see, with only red, blue, and purple carats to guide you? Now that's a challenge!

. . .

Oh, wait...

rebtattoo
02-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Did one of these last night. A volge one. Nothing worse than an invisible herd of volge pursuing you!

However, my favorite is the "Strobe Volge"! He's a real hoot to tangle with!

nite
02-09-2014, 02:20 AM
the real challange is how long is it before the game crashes during the incursion, its an added danger element that just can't be beat lol :D :D

Nashtalia
02-09-2014, 05:23 AM
would be nice to add the Dark Matter forces as faction to face in a San Fran Incursion

Manstan
02-09-2014, 06:53 AM
The real challenge is getting to and getting a shot in before it's over and the next comes up, before the end siege. Then the challenge is to actually get a shot in on anything. These aren't bad on PC NA with the group of 3 to 10 players but at 20 or more you might as well go do something else.

Also has any one noticed incursion points changing fast? As in incursion finishes, you look around, spot the next one, rez your vehicle and the next one is some place else now.

What gets me is the number of people on just to do incursions. I mean once that volge incursion was over last night; and I was way at the bottom of that list, I went right to a close by minor ark fall. Did it by myself. Plus the next 2. So there was 40+ for the incursion and no on else doing the minor arkfalls.

Sliverbaer
02-09-2014, 07:28 AM
The real challenge is getting to and getting a shot in before it's over and the next comes up, before the end siege. Then the challenge is to actually get a shot in on anything. These aren't bad on PC NA with the group of 3 to 10 players but at 20 or more you might as well go do something else.

Also has any one noticed incursion points changing fast? As in incursion finishes, you look around, spot the next one, rez your vehicle and the next one is some place else now.

What gets me is the number of people on just to do incursions. I mean once that volge incursion was over last night; and I was way at the bottom of that list, I went right to a close by minor ark fall. Did it by myself. Plus the next 2. So there was 40+ for the incursion and no on else doing the minor arkfalls.

It is kinda amusing....10 despawns, 2 exits, 0 7th faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA779VNd2Ls

Binky
02-09-2014, 09:37 AM

[video[/video]

OK, Thanks for that.
I really enjoyed it.
The best part was the vehicle spawn on top of the utility pole.

otoh, you picked up 274 scrip, so it was soooo totally worth it.

Lillith Valerian
02-09-2014, 02:07 PM
I mean, a battle against stuff you can't see, blocked by things you can't see, with only red, blue, and purple carats to guide you?

You can get carats to load?

I wish it would load everything *but* the carats. But apparently the game wasn't infant-easy enough, and your view screen doesn't have quite enough visual distractions. Orders were given to the devs to 'get out there and find a solution where no problem exists', and they rose to the challenge.

We've asked for the ability to turn them off. So I'm sure we can look forward to large, colored circles being added on the ground underneath our characters any time now!

Binky
02-09-2014, 04:30 PM
You can get carats to load?

I wish it would load everything *but* the carats. But apparently the game wasn't infant-easy enough, and your view screen doesn't have quite enough visual distractions. Orders were given to the devs to 'get out there and find a solution where no problem exists', and they rose to the challenge.

We've asked for the ability to turn them off. So I'm sure we can look forward to large, colored circles being added on the ground underneath our characters any time now!

I like you, and I'm glad you're still posting here :)

Manstan
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I expected to have far more issues running this on board intel 2500HD. It runs a fairly consistent 24fps, and looks about as ugly as is playable; low graphics settings. The only time I lose any frame rate is when things get real busy, luckily it never lasts long.

Number 3 on my spring wish list is a decent graphics card.

Although I do sometimes have issues with 20-30 clones running around lol I mean I have no issues with invisible objects or enemies. And my comps graphics ability are pretty craptacular. lol

Oh, I make use of those carrots :p

MagnusRune Daltus
02-10-2014, 05:51 AM
but you didnt go to the siege, that why no 7th legion rep or gun

xox Zoey xox
02-10-2014, 08:31 AM
It should only be Darkmatters that are cloaked!

xox Zoey xox
02-10-2014, 08:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA779VNd2Ls

That video depresed me :( Had no idea it was that bad (havent been on since DLC3)

soria
02-12-2014, 11:52 AM
just invisible nanites

anthonybgtn7
02-12-2014, 06:16 PM
The real challenge is trying to teach your dog how to play fetch with your copy of defiance because even he doesn't want it

D351
02-12-2014, 07:02 PM
The real challenge is for the Defiance servers to keep you in game through the siege at the end.... Less than a sixth of the Incursions I've played have not kicked me from game. The worst part: being told by customer support that they can't do anything about rewards that are not received... have only received credit for three sieges... ever. **** that. Somebody contact me when they get the servers working. Half an hour of trying to complete these things just to be kicked and earn NOTHING is not worth it.