PDA

View Full Version : Carjacked! A honk protest ;)

Shoogli
02-09-2014, 02:05 PM
On PC/EU :

http://imageshack.com/a/img199/830/s93x.jpg

Hope it makes you smile ;)

EDIT : because it seems I should have explained ;) it happened today, wasn't a clan thing, was various people doing so, happened spontaneously after a couple cars started to align...

Lillith Valerian
02-09-2014, 02:28 PM
It did! I am!

Arsenic_Touch
02-09-2014, 02:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rfEDz3R.jpg

Hell no, we won't go!

rebtattoo
02-09-2014, 04:43 PM
So much for the "this game is dead" threads....hmmmm

Amack
02-09-2014, 04:46 PM
So many white bungee cords... so little time.

Arsenic_Touch
02-09-2014, 04:50 PM

Because a clan gathering invalidates all the times the game is practically empty? uhuh. Nice try though.

Amack
02-09-2014, 04:52 PM
If that's a single clan... ughh... Arsenic... yeah.

Edit: What exactly are we protesting here Shoogli? Bungee cords? Disappearing vehicles? Inadequate parking lots?

boom1234567890
02-09-2014, 05:05 PM

yea because 25 cars = packed server right? lmfao

rebtattoo
02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Because a clan gathering invalidates all the times the game is practically empty? uhuh. Nice try though.Doesn't "invalidate" anything. Just pointing out another case of a full screen of players. Besides, in the realm of things, my opinion hardly matters. Defiance taught me that.

Shoogli
02-09-2014, 07:05 PM
[...]

Edit: What exactly are we protesting here Shoogli? Bungee cords? Disappearing vehicles? Inadequate parking lots?

It was during an incursion and the spawn there bugged...
But then people waited patiently wondering if it was going to suddenly work again...

Then a few people started to make lines with the cars. It actually took some time and I was pleasantly surprised at the patience of people waiting for others to align, etc...

Then someone started to honk and of course soon enough it was a honk orchestra, was quite funny, the chat had some jokes going on, some people were calling it the honk protest :) !

Most probably it was a protest as a joke either for the bugged incursion spawn or also for the lack of SFran incursion, but anyway it was in good spirit and people were having fun and the zone chat was moving rapidly, the clan chat as well.

EDIT : also edited OP to explain it wasn't a clan thing, and happened spontaneously, in the boonies.

Amack
02-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I've noticed often when the incursions become "bugged" they are still functioning. The next spot where players are supposed to go simply does not light up until someone happens to find it, then it will pop up for everyone else.

Blondin
02-10-2014, 04:14 AM
So many white bungee cords... so little time.
They have not yet fixed the white strings...?

If I remember correctly those strings had the good texture at the beginning of the game.

jschmuck33
02-10-2014, 07:37 AM
I've noticed often when the incursions become "bugged" they are still functioning. The next spot where players are supposed to go simply does not light up until someone happens to find it, then it will pop up for everyone else.

I've noticed this too, but sometimes it also stops in the middle of an emergency (waiting for enemies to show and none ever come). If it's the first case it's pretty easy to fix but the other one, there's nothing you can do but wave goodbye to the scrip/salvage/xp you would have received from the incursion. And you can't forget the 5 7th legion rep :rolleyes:

Ungolcap
02-10-2014, 12:35 PM

If I remember correctly those strings had the good texture at the beginning of the game.

O, were these not laser cords? :p I didn't even realize it was a bug.

Arsenic_Touch
02-10-2014, 12:39 PM

It's not important to them. Which is kind of funny, dodge wouldn't like their car being misrepresented.
They pretty much ignored it for a month or two, then said to reinstall the game to fix it and then after people said that didn't do anything they went radio silence and finally we get acknowledgement months later that they aren't going to fix it because it's minor and not important. The fact that they can't fix a minor texture glitch that has been there for almost forever is very telling.

Amack
02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Trick, please buddy. You have got to take the few mins to change these into rainbow bungee cords (I'd even settle for pink ;) ).. please man.. I'm begging you. Maybe even red and white swirls like a candy cane, that could be cool. LoL.

Blondin
02-11-2014, 04:45 AM
It's not important to them. Which is kind of funny, dodge wouldn't like their car being misrepresented.
They pretty much ignored it for a month or two, then said to reinstall the game to fix it and then after people said that didn't do anything they went radio silence and finally we get acknowledgement months later that they aren't going to fix it because it's minor and not important. The fact that they can't fix a minor texture glitch that has been there for almost forever is very telling.
So, it's even worst than I thought...

And thanks Arsenic, you're a real living encyclopedia :)