PDA

View Full Version : Can't get into game?

Recontv
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Just bought the game and just recently downloaded it. I can get to the game, made my character, but everytime it loads the world, it says Critical the servers are down or something???

Are the game servers down atm?

TASHINKA
02-10-2014, 11:55 AM
[/B]
Just bought the game and just recently downloaded it. I can get to the game, made my character, but everytime it loads the world, it says Critical the servers are down or something???

Are the game servers down atm?I have a critical error almost every time there is a patch or DLC; for me I erase the patches only (not the game) and re-load the patches (takes a while) then it should work - hope this is helpful

Recontv
02-10-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure how to do that :/

TASHINKA
02-10-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure how to do that :/Are you on PS3?? I'm at work (don't currently have access to console), but I think its in game downloads section - find Defiance patches & delete (make sure you don't delete the game, although you can re-load the entire game, it takes a lot longer), then re-load the patches & should work - I got this information from an old thread (which I can't find now) - can someone else help out recontv & tell them where to find the patch notes??

MAMGRIZZLY
02-10-2014, 01:02 PM
On PS3 you go to the same "Game" column where the Defiance disc is, scroll up and choose "Game Data Utility." Find "DEFIANCE Defiance- Patch Data (Disc)" and hit triangle for options, then choose "Delete." This will only remove the patches/updates (should be similar if you downloaded it just wont say disc). Then reset system and start the game like normal. It will automatically update. 2 steps download then update. Reset system and you should be good. This might be necessary after future updates/patches so keep info. If you are on another platform there should be directions on TrionWorlds.com support page. If your on PS3 hope to see you in game!