PDA

View Full Version : Possible new Arkfall sighted?

Haifisch
02-10-2014, 04:48 PM
So, I was cruising the lonely node last night when I found a Hellbug Crystal arkfall just above BloodBath, I haven't seen one of these in a while, so I hop on it to go do some weapon grinding.

I arrive, and something is... different. I wish I had thought to snap a photo of the Crystal, but since I hadn't played since DLC3 came out, I thought that perhaps this is something new.

I'll try to explain its appearance as best I can.

Take an apple, eat it. then chop the bottom off of it. You have the core, and then some at the top that kind of looks like an umbrella. This is what the Crystal looked like, and it had 4 weak spots on it that were octagons, they were at the top of the "umbrella".

So naturally, I lay into them doing the normal crit spot damage. When I got the crystal to 50% though, it disappeared. The arkfall remained, and so did the NPCs but the crystal was gone.

This crystal looked SOO much cooler than the current, and the way the weak spots were set up it looked as though it was that high so sword trolls like me couldn't reach.

Is this some sort of old Beta code that resurfaced? No, I wasn't drunk, high or tired. I was intrigued, however.

TASHINKA
02-10-2014, 05:03 PM
So, I was cruising the lonely node last night when I found a Hellbug Crystal arkfall just above BloodBath, I haven't seen one of these in a while, so I hop on it to go do some weapon grinding.

I arrive, and something is... different. I wish I had thought to snap a photo of the Crystal, but since I hadn't played since DLC3 came out, I thought that perhaps this is something new.

I'll try to explain its appearance as best I can.

Take an apple, eat it. then chop the bottom off of it. You have the core, and then some at the top that kind of looks like an umbrella. This is what the Crystal looked like, and it had 4 weak spots on it that were octagons, they were at the top of the "umbrella".

So naturally, I lay into them doing the normal crit spot damage. When I got the crystal to 50% though, it disappeared. The arkfall remained, and so did the NPCs but the crystal was gone.

This crystal looked SOO much cooler than the current, and the way the weak spots were set up it looked as though it was that high so sword trolls like me couldn't reach.

Is this some sort of old Beta code that resurfaced? No, I wasn't drunk, high or tired. I was intrigued, however.I've seen these 3 times (and I was drunk, high and tired) - arkfall fragment? I think you get parts to create an arkbreak battery for completion & they're always around Bloodbath area (at least when I've seen them) - they are hard to spot

Sliverbaer
02-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Back during testing of DLC2 it was seen. I've never seen one.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?141919-DLC2-Arkfall-Fragment&highlight=fragment

Haifisch
02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
All I know is that it looked really cool and bugged out :3

nononono I've done Ark Fragments, this is NOT that. This is a full Arkfall that is announced on the map. It was the same other than the Crystal model and programming.

Sliverbaer
02-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Huh, interesting. Next time get some screenshots! Or uh, pictures of your TV.

hey u
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
This post has me now looking for this on PS3 NA the hunt is on. I feel like watching the past movie now.

Haifisch
02-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Anyone ever seen what I'm trying (failing) to describe?

N3gativeCr33p
02-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Anyone ever seen what I'm trying (failing) to describe?

Nope.

/10charactershtako

Odessa
02-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I've only seen a few of them. From what I remember, they were in the Beta.

EDIT: I just reread original post and realized I wasn't seeing the same thing. Disregard.

stefb42
02-11-2014, 03:47 PM
i found a destroy the crystal arkfall last night, the one you have to damage the scrappers then kill them while they repair, crystal looked different on that one too, and anytime i hit it with a sword it knocked me on my back

Elastik Spastik
02-11-2014, 04:15 PM
where are they most commonly found? i have yet to see one.

boogiejive
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
ya seen these alot if you pop minors. there usally there for hellbug destruction and you shot it a couple times and pop goes the crystal and your stuck fighting skitterlings until the timer runs out.

might be new or just might be defiance who knows

Haifisch
02-11-2014, 04:43 PM
where are they most commonly found? i have yet to see one.

I'm going to assume it's a variation bug with Hellbug Destruction minor Arkfalls

drackiller
02-12-2014, 01:28 AM
I may be wrong but that Arkfall fragment seems to me that it`s part of one of the first missions. It`s near the stratocarrier, right ?

duction
02-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Are these the ones with the old skitterling that gives you 10k scrip when you kill it?

boom1234567890
02-12-2014, 01:43 AM
ive hever seen them but I have heard from 2 different peeps that they've seen these weird/different crystals that were greenish in color? don't know by the time anyone could get there they disappeared.

Haifisch
02-12-2014, 02:22 AM
I want to make it perfectly clear that I know what an Arkfall Fragment is, and I have done plenty. These are fully fledged Arkfalls. They are not Fragments.

jackdaws_1999
02-12-2014, 02:23 AM
I have seen something very similar to what was described, however the main difference was that the crit spots were GINORMOUS like as big as a warrior. I shot it with my wolfie, and it hit for like 3 million damage... I nearly shtakoed a brick when I saw it.

For the briefest of moments I felt like a norse GOD!

Then I reallised that the crystal was gone, but the arkfall remained, and skitterlings and blast pods KEPT respawning. I think its a glitch rather than desired coding practice (unless trion are trolling us for destroying crystals too quickly).

I shall also keep an eye out on my console and my wifes, if we manage to find another I shall post a quick snapshot.

Gotta love this game man...

boom1234567890
02-12-2014, 02:25 AM
I want to make it perfectly clear that I know what an Arkfall Fragment is, and I have done plenty. These are fully fledged Arkfalls. They are not Fragments.

my reply wasn't a ark frag they said it was different... I was shown ark frags by them so they know what they are and happened a long time after they showed me

jackdaws_1999
02-12-2014, 02:29 AM
And Haifisch is quite correct about them not being ark fragments. These Are Fully Fledged Arkfalls of the Minor Kind. Complete with lovely red crystals with skitterlings biting them to make crit spots. Ego goes damnwell crazy when you destroy the crystal in one shot... she starts having fits of

"the skitterlings have... the skitterlings have... crit spots.... shoot the crystal.... skitterlings have shot the crystal with crit spots of something big is coming we maybe in crystal" - ego on ****.

Haifisch
02-12-2014, 02:31 AM
I have seen something very similar to what was described, however the main difference was that the crit spots were GINORMOUS like as big as a warrior. I shot it with my wolfie, and it hit for like 3 million damage... I nearly shtakoed a brick when I saw it.

For the briefest of moments I felt like a norse GOD!

Then I reallised that the crystal was gone, but the arkfall remained, and skitterlings and blast pods KEPT respawning. I think its a glitch rather than desired coding practice (unless trion are trolling us for destroying crystals too quickly).

I shall also keep an eye out on my console and my wifes, if we manage to find another I shall post a quick snapshot.

Gotta love this game man...

I'm not insane yay \o/

drackiller
02-12-2014, 02:31 AM

Sorry man, i said what i said because of the images posted by Sliverbaer. My apologies :)

mikomi okanaji
02-12-2014, 03:53 AM
they pop up occasionaly as destroy the crystal minors. they dissappear when you mess with them. just a glitch. its silly. but they do look cool. there are also arkfall fragment crystals. they look like smaller spiked versions of crystals. also glitchy..

Elastik Spastik
02-12-2014, 04:01 AM
Anyone any screen shots?