PDA

View Full Version : a personal quest for fairness in the moderation

Howard The Duck
02-11-2014, 12:17 PM
I have but a humble request.
Not a lot to ask, really.
Since I have arrived here, I have kept my mouth shut until lately because I am sick to death of the talk on the forum here.
Sure, I have pointed out the main ones and talked to them specifically and I have paid for it in infractions and suspensions.
What I am having trouble wrapping my head around is the fact that I am getting infractions for purposfully mispelling someone's name or making snide comments about them yet the same people that I refer to TRASH Trion directly but they use vague generalities like "they" and refer to Defiance as "it" and then these folks barely get a slap on the wrist for it.
You know "who" I am speaking of and what "they" do and say.
When new DLC comes out, "they" talk about how crappy it is or how buggy it is and yet somehow "they" are the ones the "she" is always talking about on the Livestream. (Avatar with mirrored shades and a red charged blade? Tru Suki-man?)
Constantly on the forum smashing "The game company" about "this crappy product" and it is all okay.
How can the code of conduct even apply here, or the rules for talking to another person with common decency or respect?
These are the kinds of duplicitous people who I would refuse customer service to in my store because they smile to your face and rip you to shreds behind your back, but it is okay as long as they say "HE" instead of "Howard".
I love the game Defiance, and I come here for news and to see what is going on in the community.
But this just plain sucks "it" altogether. It doesn't matter anyway, because as long as "He" can hide behind "His" computer in D.C. or Maryland, "He" is every bit the "saviour" of "This Game" that he says that "He" is.
Go ahead and give me my infraction now, I am sure that "someone" feels as though "I" earned it - but try to make it fair for "everyone" if "You" can.

CRIXDA
02-11-2014, 12:30 PM
You have a good point, Howard - but sometimes a frontal assault isn't the best way to go about it I suppose.
Cute little comments and innuendos seem to work best around here and taking on the finest purveyor like that may not be the best course of action.
Why do You think most of us have given up on the forums?
It isn't worth the hassle or the bother. What was a decent community has turned into a mud-slinging and there is little moderation and people don't want to try and make the game better by helping, just tear it down.
Pack up your feathers and fly south for the winter.

Shadow Andreas
02-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Pack up your feathers and fly south for the winter.

Careful CRIX....might get an infraction for calling out Howard's feathers!

dahanese
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Hey guys -

I'm going to let this post stay open for a bit even though it discusses moderation because I want to talk about the rules.

Our Trion Forum Rules are the same across all products and we try to be as lenient as possible: obey the rules, be respectful to the company, products, devs, and each other and whatever your opinion is, we're cool with it. That being said, attacking people for having differing opinions isn't cool and it's something we're working to fix. We want this to be a safe space for everyone.

If you see something that is toxic, unfair, trollish, or otherwise - please report it. We'll take a look because we want to make this place awesome for you and frankly, we need your help to make sure we catch everything that shouldn't be on these forums.

Thanks.

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2014, 12:48 PM
As stated its okay to have a different opinion, but those with differing opinions generally show each other respect. The infractions are generally for those who fail to do so. Or for pictures, I guess im still vague on the details of where the comedy line is...

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Funny...both Crixda and Howard the duck post in single sentence paragraphs. No, it can't be...Nevermind.

Shadow Andreas
02-11-2014, 12:51 PM
As stated its okay to have a different opinion, but those with differing opinions generally show each other respect. The infractions are generally for those who fail to do so. Or for pictures, I guess im still vague on the details of where the comedy line is...

Bahamut3.....comedy is frowned upon :)

CRIXDA
02-11-2014, 12:52 PM
I personally appreciate that, Dahanese.
I honestly don't understand at all how it is possible for prolific posters to slip by getting away with standing over a bloody body with a bloody knife in their hand every day, all day long and it is all good.
How?
The guys in the same building that YOU work in, making the game that YOU are moderating the forum for right here are being smacked for being lazy and telling in-game lore through data recorders because the guys that YOU are working with more or less don't give a crap about the product that they are making.
Read the new DLC thread and You will see what I am talking about.
I don't make this stuff up, but I sift through it to try and find news about something that I enjoy.

dahanese
02-11-2014, 12:54 PM

Or for super giant signatures. A lot of signatures are getting really long.

dahanese
02-11-2014, 12:56 PM
I honestly don't understand at all how it is possible for prolific posters to slip by getting away with standing over a bloody body with a bloody knife in their hand every day, all day long and it is all good.
How?
The guys in the same building that YOU work in, making the game that YOU are moderating the forum for right here are being smacked for being lazy and telling in-game lore through data recorders because the guys that YOU are working with more or less don't give a crap about the product that they are making.
I don't make this stuff up, but I sift through it to try and find news about something that I enjoy.

Yes: I'm not happy with the insults being thrown at the team - directly or otherwise. We've been trying to be lenient as possible but it's something that does have to change. Again - safe space needed for everyone, that's the goal.

CRIXDA
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
No, willaim.
(No offense, Howard) I hated that movie.
This is a serious thing for me and I can't stand the negativity on the forums no matter who is doing it, I have put up a bunch of anti-neg threads but it is a waste of time.
I work for a living with my hands and I can't fight someone who sits at his computer bashing the game all day long.

K Ron Spliffs
02-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Hey guys -

I'm going to let this post stay open for a bit even though it discusses moderation because I want to talk about the rules.

Our Trion Forum Rules are the same across all products and we try to be as lenient as possible: obey the rules, be respectful to the company, products, devs, and each other and whatever your opinion is, we're cool with it. That being said, attacking people for having differing opinions isn't cool and it's something we're working to fix. We want this to be a safe space for everyone.

If you see something that is toxic, unfair, trollish, or otherwise - please report it. We'll take a look because we want to make this place awesome for you and frankly, we need your help to make sure we catch everything that shouldn't be on these forums.

Thanks.

If we don't resort to the "toxic, unfair, trollish" posts, we don't get any reasonable response.
You need to take it with a grain of salt, we love this game, but the way you conduct business has been VERY poor.

My opinion, so probably get an infraction.

Also, how long has the 1.303 patch been up? where are the patch notes on the forums? And what did you Ninja Nerf along with that patch?

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 01:16 PM
I love this game also, but.....

There comes a time when you do love something but not see the same given back in return. Patches that fix one thing and break 3 others. Bugs and issues that have been here as long as I have and longer. A customer support team that would rather lay blame on any/everything else without the company holding themselves accountable. Being told that there would be more communication on issues that the player base is concerned about, rather than on threads like this one that don't help the game at all. Looking for answers to issues that only a handful of players are dealing with, so it isn't deemed important enough. Yet, instead, changing game mechanics that weren't causing any game breaking issues is more important.

When I first started on this forum I was as much a "fanboi" as the next person that loves the game. I helped a dev with the North Point Siege issue. Recommended the game to friends. Have played nearly 1000 hrs myself since July.

But, when questions go unanswered, are avoided or vaguely answered, it becomes tiresome. I thought this was the place to come to for answers from the company itself. I can only hear, "We're looking int it", "We're working on it", and "SOON" so many times before I lose faith in the one responding. And, when that faith is lost and frustration rears it's ugly head, the ones that will hear about it are the ones causing that grief.

I honestly can't explain it any easier than that. If you can't understand it then no amount of explaining will remove the rose-tinted glasses.

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
No, willaim.
This is a serious thing for me and I can't stand the negativity on the forums no matter who is doing it, I have put up a bunch of anti-neg threads but it is a waste of time.
I work for a living with my hands and I can't fight someone who sits at his computer bashing the game all day long.

Who is this person that sits at his computer bashing the game all day long? Are you singling someone out like Howard the Duck or was this just a typo and you are referring to the majority of forum posters?

MAMGRIZZLY
02-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Can't agree with you more with you Reb! Since you won't be here for a while, I'll see you in game:)

xox Zoey xox
02-11-2014, 01:23 PM
If we don't resort to the "toxic, unfair, trollish" posts, we don't get any reasonable response.
You need to take it with a grain of salt, we love this game, but the way you conduct business has been VERY poor.

My opinion, so probably get an infraction.

Also, how long has the 1.303 patch been up? where are the patch notes on the forums? And what did you Ninja Nerf along with that patch?

Derailing the thread wont help any, she has always said to PM her and she will reply lickity split!

K Ron Spliffs
02-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Derailing the thread wont help any, she has always said to PM her and she will reply lickity split!

Funny, she never replied to me?!?! Maybe to busy closing threads, or talking about non game related things like they know how.

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?74-Xbox-360-Bugs-and-Issues

Just look in that section. Every one of them are supposed to PM a dev? NO, we expect answers in the FORUMS, NOT PM's.

The Lady
02-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Most people forget there is a difference between bad mouthing a game and the people who work on it and giving constructive criticism. Most of the issues that get brought up in a constructive way get addressed.

K Ron Spliffs
02-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Most people forget there is a difference between bad mouthing a game and the people who work on it and giving constructive criticism. Most of the issues that get brought up in a constructive way get addressed.

No, they don't...

Howard The Duck
02-11-2014, 01:29 PM
No, willaim.

Geez.
Go to work the counter for a while and the thread explodes.
No offense taken, Crixda. I don't know how You can't love Howard The Duck though: Lea Thompson, Ed Rooney, excellent 80's schtick.
Dahanese, thank You for replying and taking an interest. I honestly wish that the forum here could be more fair and I am sure that You try, but sometimes someone with a murder weapon is still called a "suspect".
It doesn't make sense to me at all.

dahanese
02-11-2014, 01:35 PM

Forums, posts - we read them all. And it's not just me. Devs, QA, the entire Community team.

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Most people forget there is a difference between bad mouthing a game and the people who work on it and giving constructive criticism. Most of the issues that get brought up in a constructive way get addressed.You're being sarcastic, right? I mean, you forgot the *sarcasm* thingie at the end of your post.

If you consider "We're working on it" or "SOON", as ways of "addressing" issues, then so be it. Personally, I don't.

In my line of work, I am regularly commissioned to create art work. If I accepted payment and then dawdled about not completing the work, how long do you think my answers of "I'm working on it" and "SOON" would keep me in business? How long until ppl realized, that I would take their payment but not provide the goods I promised, before word got out?

The word is already out on this game. There are a handful of ppl left that want to see it succeed and offer criticism. Sometimes that criticism is harsh. Most of the time it's warranted!

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 01:42 PM
How?

Geez.
Go to work the counter for a while and the thread explodes.
No offense taken, Crixda. I don't know how You can't love Howard The Duck though: Lea Thompson, Ed Rooney, excellent 80's schtick.
Dahanese, thank You for replying and taking an interest. I honestly wish that the forum here could be more fair and I am sure that You try, but sometimes someone with a murder weapon is still called a "suspect".
It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Single sentence paragraphs. Capitalizing "You". Talk about bloody bodies and murder weapons.

My tinfoil hat is large.

Howard The Duck
02-11-2014, 01:47 PM
I feel as though this isn't going anywhere anyway, will it?

BIEBERyoloSWAG
02-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Im going to be honest with you guys. I didn't read the OPs original post because it was very long...but i think I agree with him I think. There is nothing really wrong with the game. Hard work has been done and has been recognized by me atleast. And i love the customer service in Live Chat any company should be lucky to have customer service as helpful and quick to respond as they are.

With that being said since i know you are reading this, can we get some sort of input on this idea? Even a "hell no this isn't happening" would suffice.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?149212-Ingame-Auction-House-is-too-hard-to-do...so-make-an-ingame-Craigslist-Classifieds/page2

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I feel as though this isn't going anywhere anyway, will it?

I wish I could have copied the post you just edited out.

Anyways, I don't know, Crix...er, I mean Howard the Duck.

Etaew
02-11-2014, 01:55 PM

CSS

.signature {
max-height: 200px;
overflow: scroll;
}

CRIXDA
02-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Everyone loves a good mystery, William. Obviously You do.
I hope that Your tin foil hat looks like the one that River Phoenix' brother had on his head in the movie "Signs" by M. Night Shamalamadingdong or whatever.

To answer Your earlier question, I wasn't referring to every poster about sitting at the computer all day, either.
So if You are trying to find something to be angry about....sorry.

No, I am not Howard The Duck. I don't know that guy but I like his imagery.
I like dogs but it doesn't make me a Cocker Spaniel.

Arsenic_Touch
02-11-2014, 01:59 PM
My, isn't this a pleasant surprise in more ways than one. Very telling.... hm.

Market
02-11-2014, 01:59 PM

I've never resorted to this and get reasonable responses all the time. Sorry you feel that way.

Howard The Duck
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM

Yes it does.

Oh look. "His Highness!"
What an unexpected revulsion.

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 02:07 PM
"snipped"

No, I am not Howard The Duck.

Do You pinky swear on my mother's grave that You are not Howard the Duck?

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Yes it does.

Oh look. "His Highness!"
What an unexpected revulsion.

Coming soon yo a forum near you. 24 hours the infraction story.

CRIXDA
02-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Pinky-swear?
I would rather take an F.B.I. polygraph than come under that kind of scrutiny!

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Coming soon yo a forum near you. 24 hours the infraction story.Except, "he" did the exact thing "he" was griping about. The proper use of pronouns. Interesting to see how "they" respond.

Shadow Andreas
02-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Do You pinky swear on my mother's grave that You are not Howard the Duck?

I have been called a fan-boy and "knight" for Trion in the past (call me what you will). I enjoy the game and want to see it work out....but I have also said there are many issues.

I think the OP has a point in the fact of the way that many people express their frustrations on the forums. In the end....it is not the "workers" fault that the game is what it is....it is the higher-ups that make the decisions with where resources and money goes. This is not Trick or Dahanese or the moderators....it is the people that we do not see or talk to. Unfortunately I feel bad for the team that does have to hear it from us....because they are not the ones that need to hear it. This is just my humble opinion...and mine alone.

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Pinky-swear?
I would rather take an F.B.I. polygraph than come under that kind of scrutiny!

Ok...Ok...

http://franticplanet.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/larrydavid.gif

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Except, "he" did the exact thing "he" was griping about. The proper use of pronouns. Interesting to see how "they" respond.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, this discussion needed to happen; however, we have already established that being outright rude or disrespectful to another forum poster is wrong and will not be tolerated. I find it surprising that dahanese would allow a junior member who has only posted hostility on these forums to blatantly attack a member that she herself praised for the assistance received on the PTS.

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Personally....I think there are only 10 people in these forums....and those 10 people each have multiple personalities....and those personalities all have accounts and like to fight with each other. What do you think??? :)

"snipped"

He refused to pinky swear, so from now on he gets Larry David suspicious eyes from me.

Shadow Andreas
02-11-2014, 02:33 PM
He refused to pinky swear, so from now on he gets Larry David suspicious eyes from me.

LOL...that's funny......(clears throat)

Did you not see where I advised Bahamut that comedy is frowned upon?????

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Personally....I think there are only 10 people in these forums....and those 10 people each have multiple personalities....and those personalities all have accounts and like to fight with each other. What do you think??? :)

Back on track though......

I have been called a fan-boy and "knight" for Trion in the past (call me what you will). I enjoy the game and want to see it work out....but I have also said there are many issues.

I think the OP has a point in the fact of the way that many people express their frustrations on the forums. In the end....it is not the "workers" fault that the game is what it is....it is the higher-ups that make the decisions with where resources and money goes. This is not Trick or Dahanese or the moderators....it is the people that we do not see or talk to. Unfortunately I feel bad for the team that does have to hear it from us....because they are not the ones that need to hear it. This is just my humble opinion...and mine alone.I agree that the ultimate decisions come from the top of the "company" ladder.

However, it is up to the "team" to implement it. I highly doubt Mr. Trion told the dev "team" to continue cranking out broken content. It makes one wonder if the "team" does care about the product "they" are producing. Or if it's a case of the first "they" writing a code that cannot be deciphered by now "they", that things can't be fixed without breaking 3 others.

My hope is that now "they" can find the passion for the game that we all play, meaning all platforms, and stop relying on the same song and dance of "soon" and "we're working on it".

Arsenic_Touch
02-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Yeah, don't get me wrong, this discussion needed to happen; however, we have already established that being outright rude or disrespectful to another forum poster is wrong and will not be tolerated. I find it surprising that dahanese would allow a junior member who has only posted hostility on these forums to blatantly attack a member that she herself praised for the assistance received on the PTS.

I ruffle feathers and I don't pull any punches. My help on the PTS doesn't excuse my behavior and I've been slapped for it, but it is amusing that this thread is still here with the clear hostility the user has towards me.

CRIXDA
Assisting on the PTS server makes it all okay to be the "total be all, end all say whatever I want to say and get away with it guy" here on the forum?
I don't understand that at all.
Howard is right.
Junior member here or not.
In The Dawn Patrol Clan, FOUNDER or MEMBER - noone is better than anyone else.

This is an online game forum, not Joseph Stalin's Russia.

Deunan
The only one singling out the OP for infractions is the OP by repeatedly posting inflammatory posts directed against other players in a manner so blatant that it's hard for any moderator to not notice them. He actually violated the CoC by starting this thread addressing specific actions of moderators which is a blatant violation of the CoC and, if not for Elizabeth's intervention, this thread would already have been closed.

There's an overlap area when offering constructive criticism where it is sometimes necessary to question the professionalism and competence of the Defiance staff when some of the things being criticized are the direct result of changes implemented by the developers with total disregard towards the explicit and overwhelming feedback against such changes (e.g. grenade gate), are simply way out of line with the video game industry standards (e.g. Seventh Legion, servers going down with no response from the staff for hours), or have remained unaddressed in any discernible way since launch and make the game all but unplayable on some days (e.g. the stability issues for the PS3 version). It's also understandable when that criticism is harsh given the fact that these things are not isolated incidents but a part of an established pattern for the short history of the game.

If the moderators decide to cut a poster a little slack because of it so be it. It's within their discretion if there is anything constructive to be taken from a post. Pure ad hominem inflammatory posts against another poster generally are not going to fall within that category.

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Yeah, don't get me wrong, this discussion needed to happen; however, we have already established that being outright rude or disrespectful to another forum poster is wrong and will not be tolerated. I find it surprising that dahanese would allow a junior member who has only posted hostility on these forums to blatantly attack a member that she herself praised for the assistance received on the PTS.^^^agreed^^^

considering

Shadow Andreas
02-11-2014, 02:40 PM
I agree that the ultimate decisions come from the top of the "company" ladder.

However, it is up to the "team" to implement it. I highly doubt Mr. Trion told the dev "team" to continue cranking out broken content. It makes one wonder if the "team" does care about the product "they" are producing. Or if it's a case of the first "they" writing a code that cannot be deciphered by now "they", that things can't be fixed without breaking 3 others.

My hope is that now "they" can find the passion for the game that we all play, meaning all platforms, and stop relying on the same song and dance of "soon" and "we're working on it".

Could not agree with you more reb...my hope is there too.

Perhaps something is getting better since "she" posted that "they" are hiring. Maybe some funds were released by "those that shall not be named" to allow the game to get better. "They" can't make the game better and continue to roll out new content without funds and personnel.

williamarmistace
02-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Assisting on the PTS server makes it all okay to be the "total be all, end all say whatever I want to say and get away with it guy" here on the forum?
I don't understand that at all.
Howard is right.
Junior member here or not.
In The Dawn Patrol Clan, FOUNDER or MEMBER - noone is better than anyone else.

This is an online game forum, not Joseph Stalin's Russia.

The fact is he is not "the "total be all, end all say whatever I want to say and get away with it guy" here on the forum". Its you and Howard the Duck that single him out and put him on that pedestal because he offers some of the most biting, but needed criticism of the people that run this game. The fact that he or anyone else criticizes the choices of this game's developers should in no way affect how you enjoy the game, so why let it?

Deunan
02-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Perhaps something is getting better since "she" posted that "they" are hiring.I'm not sure what to make out of the excessive use of quotation marks. Especially when using a female pronoun for Elizabeth. That being said it's rare and unusal for a gaming company to increase the staffing for a game after it's been down sized. Anything is possible but usually additional staffing is done for games in development, e.g. Trove.

crasher
02-11-2014, 02:49 PM
My, isn't this a pleasant surprise in more ways than one. Very telling.... hm.
Settle down there, trouble-maker....

:rolleyes:

xox Zoey xox
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Everyone loves a good mystery, William. Obviously You do.
I hope that Your tin foil hat looks like the one that River Phoenix' brother had on his head in the movie "Signs" by M. Night Shamalamadingdong or whatever.

To answer Your earlier question, I wasn't referring to every poster about sitting at the computer all day, either.
So if You are trying to find something to be angry about....sorry.

No, I am not Howard The Duck. I don't know that guy but I like his imagery.

lol, you’re a super nice guy, but its more obvious than crap on toast Howard is you lol

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure what to make out of the excessive use of quotation marks. Especially when using a female pronoun for Elizabeth. That being said it's rare and unusal for a gaming company to increase the staffing for a game after it's been down sized. Anything is possible but usually additional staffing is done for games in development, e.g. Trove.I was using the quotations to make my blatant uses of pronouns{so as not to break COD}.

I wondered about the hiring comment Dah mentioned also. I figured it was for Trove also.

Shadow Andreas
02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure what to make out of the excessive use of quotation marks. Especially when using a female pronoun for Elizabeth. That being said it's rare and unusal for a gaming company to increase the staffing for a game after it's been down sized. Anything is possible but usually additional staffing is done for games in development, e.g. Trove.

I was having fun with reb....no offense intended to anyone :) My hope is that they are hiring to help out with Season 2 stuff (I know....pipe dream) but I can hope!

Amack
02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
The only one singling out the OP for infractions is the OP by repeatedly posting inflammatory posts directed against other players in a manner so blatant that it's hard for any moderator to not notice them. He actually violated the CoC by starting this thread addressing specific actions of moderators which is a blatant violation of the CoC and, if not for Elizabeth's intervention, this thread would already have been closed.

There's an overlap area when offering constructive criticism where it is sometimes necessary to question the professionalism and competence of the Defiance staff when some of the things being criticized are the direct result of changes implemented by the developers with total disregard towards the explicit and overwhelming feedback against such changes (e.g. grenade gate), are simply way out of line with the video game industry standards (e.g. Seventh Legion, servers going down with no response from the staff for hours), or have remained unaddressed in any discernible way since launch and make the game all but unplayable on some days (e.g. the stability issues for the PS3 version). It's also understandable when that criticism is harsh given the fact that these things are not isolated incidents but a part of an established pattern for the short history of the game.

If the moderators decide to cut a poster a little slack because of it so be it. It's within their discretion if there is anything constructive to be taken from a post. Pure ad hominem inflammatory posts against another poster generally are not going to fall within that category.

As usual +1k

Could not agree with you more reb...my hope is there too.

Perhaps something is getting better since "she" posted that "they" are hiring. Maybe some funds were released by "those that shall not be named" to allow the game to get better. "They" can't make the game better and continue to roll out new content without funds and personnel.

This should come as no surprise. It is common practice for companies to "let go" of higher paid help, in order to increase revenue, and then "rehire" less paid help as is possible.

dahanese
02-11-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure what to make out of the excessive use of quotation marks. Especially when using a female pronoun for Elizabeth. That being said it's rare and unusal for a gaming company to increase the staffing for a game after it's been down sized. Anything is possible but usually additional staffing is done for games in development, e.g. Trove.

The Communications team (so the PR folks and the Community folks alike) work on all the games. You'll see Community folks specialize, but I don't see a future when we hire one person for one game alone ever again. :)

crasher
02-11-2014, 03:08 PM
lol, you’re a super nice guy, but its more obvious than crap on toast Howard is you lol
Nah.
I don't buy it.
Crix and I don't always agree on method, but we both love the game and want to see it flourish.
I don't believe Crix has it in him to double deal just to stir up the controversy he wants to keep from boiling over.

Besides:
Much of the proof is undone by Crix using 'YOU', and The Duck using 'You'. Too much trouble for such small result.

What do I know?

N3gativeCr33p
02-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Now if there's one thing that I like playing more than a third person shooter, it would be a good ole game of pronouns. Then Cards Against Humanity, then Apples to Apples.

Oh, wait...

Defiance!

Amack
02-11-2014, 03:12 PM
IMO, when Crixda has something to say, he says it... like myself, he does not resort to multiple accounts.

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 03:14 PM
The Communications team (so the PR folks and the Community folks alike) work on all the games. You'll see Community folks specialize, but I don't see a future when we hire one person for one game alone ever again. :)So this is a clarification that your team is hiring, but not for a development position, but rather a "PR and/or Community position?

If this is the case, my previous statements stand.

Amack
02-11-2014, 03:15 PM
She might be saying that it is more cost effective for Trion as a company to share resources, and not limit them to one game (at this point in time).

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Now if there's one thing that I like playing more than a third person shooter, it would be a good ole game of pronouns. Then Cards Against Humanity, then Apples to Apples.

Oh, wait...

Defiance!

i like the game Crash-an eluded to. "Stir it Up" or otherwise known as "The Antogonist". Back home we nicknamed it "Playing the Big Spoon".

Oh, the memories. Such fun!

dahanese
So this is a clarification that your team is hiring, but not for a development position, but rather a "PR and/or Community position?

If this is the case, my previous statements stand.

My team *is* hiring, but the whole company is also hiring! See here for more: http://www.trionworlds.com/en/careers/

rebtattoo
She might be saying that it is more cost effective for Trion as a company to share resources, and not limit them to one game (at this point in time).Hence the affirmation of clarification. ;)

Deunan
02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
They're hiring for development positions as well.

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 03:22 PM
My team *is* hiring, but the whole company is also hiring! See here for more: http://www.trionworlds.com/en/careers/I really wish I could see the game of Defiance listed as one of the "more than 100 original titles, including best selling online games and franchises" etc...

Thank you for the clarification.

Amack
02-11-2014, 03:25 PM
I really wish I could see the game of Defiance listed as one of the "more than 100 original titles, including best selling online games and franchises" etc...

Thank you for the clarification.

That is exactly what I am shooting for... I just have to get the dev team to work with me, and not against me so much.

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 03:25 PM
I will continue with my "wait and see" attitude and continue enjoying the game. I won't hold my tongue on issues though.

A few ppl here taught me that! I thank "them" for what "they" have done to help the game and my playing experience.

Drewbud
02-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Im going to be honest with you guys. I didn't read the OPs original post because it was very long... If you didn't read then don't post. I didn't read your post but I assume I don't like you based on your sig.

Atticus Batman
02-11-2014, 03:52 PM
The fact is he is not "the "total be all, end all say whatever I want to say and get away with it guy" here on the forum". Its you and Howard the Duck that single him out and put him on that pedestal because he offers some of the most biting, but needed criticism of the people that run this game. The fact that he or anyone else criticizes the choices of this game's developers should in no way affect how you enjoy the game, so why let it?

Actually he does act like he is. We all know that, even he knows that, he even said pretty much that in this very thread. Most just ignore the attitude because it ets results, but it does get to people. I personally remove all the venom from his postss, and only respond to what I feel needs responded to. I however am not one for hiding under dumb nouns and such so the Heck with it. We all know Howard hates Arsenic. Several agree with Howard for his reasons. Several like you choose to beleive those reasons don't exsist because you revere Arsenic.

I have had issues with Arsenic myself. The difference is when I have issues with somebody I call them out on it. I have called arsenic out on his, he has called me out on mine. None of those posts or threads called close because of us. We kept it civil and worked out our differences or in some cases agreed to disagree. I have had those types of discussions with several people in threads. I have gotten plenty of infractions, and an occasional edit wwhen I post a pic making fun of somebody, but I am still here, and do NOT hide behind multiple accounts.

If you have a problem with what somebody said, just be like most of the forum, and either ignor it or report it.

Btw Arsenic most likely knows I am not calling him out with this post, because as I said we work our problems out. But it made a decent example since he was brought into the fray. Arsenic, I look forward to our next debate over something. Unfortunately we have been agreeing alot lately. :P

Amack
02-11-2014, 03:57 PM
The facts are these.

Arsenic has helped this game more than most.
Arsenic does not do these things for his own purposes, or to get people to like him.
Arsenic can be a bit negative sometimes, who isn't?
We need Arsenic to keep doing what he has been doing.

Arsenic_Touch
02-11-2014, 03:58 PM
The facts are these.

Arsenic does not do these things for his own purposes, or to get people to like him.
We need Arsenic to keep doing what he has been doing.

Who says I don't do these things for my own purposes or for people to like me?! I WANT YOU TO LOVE ME!!!
I offer hugs!

Amack
02-11-2014, 03:59 PM
We love you. Even if we don't "always" like you. ;)

Edit: I'm sure I speak for myself here as well. Right? RIGHT PEOPLE?!?

Escyos
02-11-2014, 03:59 PM
I myself have reported hundreds of violations of the rules yet they rarely get seen to. I even contact mods regularly with suggestions yet receive no reply. I've been attacked many times by the same people but they always get away with it, I try to stay out of General discussion for these reasons.

Bonehead
02-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Hence the affirmation of clarification. ;)

Ahmonna start calling you silver tongue.

Bonehead
02-11-2014, 04:03 PM
"I myself have reported hundreds of violations of the rules yet they rarely get seen to. I even contact mods regularly with suggestions yet receive no reply."

Hummmmmm, wonder what that's about?

Elastik Spastik
02-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Stilton and Port. Enough to solve any problem.

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Ahmonna start calling you silver tongue.Been called worse. :)

Actually he does act like he is. We all know that, even he knows that, he even said pretty much that in this very thread. Most just ignore the attitude because it ets results, but it does get to people. *Big Snip*
Didn't mean to cut ya off there, Bats, just wanted to agree with this. Arsenic and I generally see eye to eye on every issue. We've disagreed on occasion, but kept completely civil.

TASHINKA
02-11-2014, 04:12 PM
The facts are these.

We need Arsenic to keep doing what he has been doing.I agree with Amack, clear, concise and accurate post

Bonehead
02-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Who says I don't do these things for my own purposes or for people to like me?! I WANT YOU TO LOVE ME!!!
I offer hugs!

Come on Touch... Who loves ya man... Who loves ya..

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 04:20 PM
I offer hugs!I don't want hugs, I just want my damned episode missions! LOL

Thanks btw.

Elastik Spastik
02-11-2014, 04:25 PM
who says i don't do these things for my own purposes or for people to like me?! I want you to love me!!!
I offer hugs!

h u g s s s s s s s s

charmXalor
02-11-2014, 04:43 PM
My team *is* hiring, but the whole company is also hiring! See here for more: http://www.trionworlds.com/en/careers/

Yeah too bad I don't live closer, I'm not out of hs (senior) & college yet, and don't have the required skills to be a programmer.....yet.
But all and all, I'm more of the type of guy who comes up with ideas. So I'm curious who on your team is the person who just loves a challenge?

Lol And if only some of the players applied. However this forum goes to show that a few people still wish for the game's success & improvement(myself included), I personally can't wait to see what comes with season 2.

CRIXDA
02-11-2014, 05:11 PM
I have to tell You folks,
This entire thread has been constructive, in my opinion. Whether anything gets done about all of the crap or not - It makes no difference.
There is a new awareness about the way people speak and hopefully something can change. The OP made a good point and everyone else did too, We should be fighting for the improvement of Defiance. If the constructive and well-worded criticism doesn't work, why does antagonistic badgering? That boggles my mind.
I don't get this at all.
The overflowing of negativity is what has been driving people away from here in droves and people are jaded about DLCs before they are even released.
Why?

Bonehead
02-11-2014, 05:13 PM
This entire thread has been constructive, in my opinion. Whether anything gets done about all of the crap or not - It makes no difference.
There is a new awareness about the way people speak and hopefully something can change. The OP made a good point and everyone else did too, We should be fighting for the improvement of Defiance. If the constructive and well-worded criticism doesn't work, why does antagonistic badgering? That boggles my mind.
I don't get this at all.
The overflowing of negativity is what has been driving people away from here in droves and people are jaded about DLCs before they are even released.
Why?

Ummmm history?

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't get this at all.
Why?The "overflow of negativity" spawned from the game itself. With broken promises to 1/2 truths to outright falsities. All the community has tried to do is ask the game for accountability. When that fails, by endless "soon" and "we're working on it" or having Customer service tell us that ALL of the issues are on our end {which proved to be another not quite true assertion}the masses grow restless. They then try to appease with great promise of DLC and content, only to fail miserably.

We're told periodically that there will be more communication and transparency, only to not hear from them for days on end. And, when we do from them, it's in threads like this rather than the threads dealing with pertinent issues in the game across all the platforms.

It isn't too difficult to grasp why there is such negativity.

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2014, 05:27 PM
The "overflow of negativity" spawned from the game itself. With broken promises to 1/2 truths to outright falsities. All the community has tried to do is ask the game for accountability. When that fails, by endless "soon" and "we're working on it" or having Customer service tell us that ALL of the issues are on our end {which proved to be another not quite true assertion}the masses grow restless. They then try to appease with great promise of DLC and content, only to fail miserably.

We're told periodically that there will be more communication and transparency, only to not hear from them for days on end. And, when we do from them, it's in threads like this rather than the threads dealing with pertinent issues in the game across all the platforms.

It isn't too difficult to grasp why there is such negativity.
Yeah what he said. :-)

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 05:52 PM
*Post Script*

To be completely honest, it's gotten to the point that I'm almost afraid to mention anything that needs fixed. I worry about the 3 things that are working that won't be after the fix.

History is a harsh teacher. We can only learn from the past. The history that Trion has presented doesn't bring a very good case to the table. I hope every day that it can pull its act together and give us the game that it could be. One sure fire way is to listen to those of us that actually put hours into the game.

History tells us they won't. Patches of the history looked promising, but it's underwhelmed with the gaping pockets of indifference, avoidance, and disregard.

Deunan
02-11-2014, 06:15 PM
If the constructive and well-worded criticism doesn't work, why does antagonistic badgering?Because it's aversive stimuli that creates the desire for its removal by the staff assigned to cover Defiance. That can be done in one of two ways. They can suspend or ban a player for it if it is a violation of the CoC under the ambiguous "respect for community rule" or they can take a positive action that will cause the aversive stimuli to be withdrawn. When the sheer volume of negative stimuli from so many players posting becomes overwhelming the former no longer becomes a practical solution so the latter action is finally taken.

This is what happened when the team finally admitted that Volge Emergency drops were nerfed, notwithstanding that they tried to engage in some semantic gymnastics to make it seem as if they were not really nerfed. If players weren't posting some rather harsh posts for answers after months of the issue not being addressed it's highly probable that it would have never been acknowledged by the team at all.

Sometimes you come across a situation where the addage "you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar" needs to be modified as the character Woody from Cheers did to note that you can catch the most with a dead squirrel. >^^<

Overtkill21
02-11-2014, 06:18 PM
EVERY single post this Howard the Duck guy makes is whining and *****ing about Arsenic.

Seriously...why is this thread a thing?

The thinly veiled initial post should have been enough to shut it down. This guy is either a troll or has a HUGE crush on Arsenic.

Quest for fairness my bum - Quest for indulgence more like.

Amack
02-11-2014, 06:20 PM
As an example, I posted something earlier, not to get it seen by the public so much, but to let it been seen by Trion (in the public eye). Once I figured it was long enough to accomplish my goal, I edited a big chunk out. They then took it upon themselves to edit out another part that might be seen as "too much". Am I upset over this? Not in the least.

I could have sent a PM directly, but chose not to. They can hardly argue with me that I am wrong. It is just an unfortunate set of circumstances that we the players and Trion both find ourselves in right now. Time heals all wounds, but scars are left occasionally. Moderation here only does what is needed. They did not put me in the timeout corner out of spite.

Most likely that is why this thread still exists, to show proof to us, that they are fair.

crasher
02-11-2014, 07:02 PM
..... :Phttp://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/1zogeur.jpg

Amack
02-11-2014, 07:05 PM
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that is Crasher's way of saying, you may now close this thread.
It's purpose has been served, and we all appreciate it, thank you.

CRIXDA
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Uhm........yup.
We are done here.

Nalai
02-11-2014, 07:12 PM
The fact that Howard the Duck hasn't been banned already is a clear picture of just how badly the moderation on this forum is failing. The team manages to close many threads on any given day, but can't take the 5 minutes to address accounts built simply for trolling. It is 100% clear that the "Howard the Duck" account was simply made to troll another user. It doesn't take a whole lot of work to figure out that this is clearly an account created by another forum poster with a much longer history.

Overtkill21
02-11-2014, 07:23 PM
The fact that Howard the Duck hasn't been banned already is a clear picture of just how badly the moderation on this forum is failing. The team manages to close many threads on any given day, but can't take the 5 minutes to address accounts built simply for trolling. It is 100% clear that the "Howard the Duck" account was simply made to troll another user. It doesn't take a whole lot of work to figure out that this is clearly an account created by another forum poster with a much longer history.

Exactly.......

ironcladtrash
02-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Only on here would the trolls masquerade as fans. They do nothing but attack any player who post anything even remotely negative whether it be a bug or a list of concerns. It's not the people posting things they want addressed and fixed that are attacking other forum members.

Umfafa
02-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Yeah...and as trolls, they really aren't that good. I've seen better on youtube. Hopefully they'll take my advice, and check out weregonnalose on Youtube and switch game plans up a bit.

If anyone thinks Arsenic spends the amount of time he does testing and commenting for his own benefit or recognition....you're missing the point.

He's the dude in charge of the game for our clan, and he's doing it for us. You guys are just the lucky benefactors of his work.

Amack
02-11-2014, 07:46 PM
I think (like myself) Arsenic does what he does, not only for your clan Fufu but all players.

UnBanMe
02-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey guys -

Thanks.

Is this so?
Your mods are totalitarian dictators, D.
I logged into my main today to peruse the forums and - lo! - Permabanned.
Reason given: Alt account, ban avoidance.

THIS IS THE ALT ACCOUNT, created because my MAIN was banned for being an alt account or avoiding a ban?? WTF?
I never cussed anyone out, I flamed the latest patch like 9000 others, and suddenly it's called an alt?

Firstly, how do these dictators you call mods even KNOW it was an alternate account? Alternate for WHOM? How do they know it was avoiding a ban... when THIS ACCOUNT IS because the previous account has zero recourse, zero mediation, zero discussion with the mod who said 'me no like you' like some cro-mag with a thumpstick?

I've been around the MMO world for over 20 years and this is the first time I've had the door slammed in my face for *NOT* violating (on that account) any of the 'forum conduct' rules.
Trinot... your company policy is so suck-rectum that I will applaud your dissolution and, well, I have already initiated a charge-back on my CC for your product. My CC is very, very good about such things and have a digital media policy in place so... congrats, every dime sunk into this game is now back in my wallet. Good bye.

Atticus Batman
02-11-2014, 07:57 PM
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that is Crasher's way of saying, you may now close this thread.
It's purpose has been served, and we all appreciate it, thank you.

Really? I thought Crash was trying to say this...

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/2b3dd1f2-d425-4581-8f76-6acb91a7e7a5_zpsa057638d.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/2b3dd1f2-d425-4581-8f76-6acb91a7e7a5_zpsa057638d.jpg.html)

or this!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/bat%20emotions/40dd09a7-c35e-4b75-9bea-159f57a8a5cc_zpsc374ed7d.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/bat%20emotions/40dd09a7-c35e-4b75-9bea-159f57a8a5cc_zpsc374ed7d.jpg.html)

Atticus Batman
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
I offer hugs!

Sorry Arsenic, but this is what comes to mind when you mention hugs!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/tumblr_lh8zyurbC91qggsavo1_500_zpsa2a88143.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/tumblr_lh8zyurbC91qggsavo1_500_zpsa2a88143.jpg.htm l)

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Is this so?*snip*Had to snip it. Was long winded and rather boring. Only read through the 4th word of the 2nd sentence.

Bye

dahanese
02-11-2014, 08:23 PM

If a poster is found to be a dupe account, it's banned once confirmed. It's not always obvious an account's been banned, but I believe the team did so this morning (definitely by the afternoon!)

I'll be closing this thread when the conversation about moderation has run it's course - so please keep it on track or let it go where threads that are done go. :)

Amack
02-11-2014, 08:33 PM
LoL, Dahanese just told us to remain on topic and keep discussing moderation... Love it!

Maixx
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
One of my complaints about moderation and locking of threads is loss of good info.

Going to use this thread as an example.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?149262-Support

Yes the OP was out of line and the thread start bad, but the replies were constructive, and usefull.
Locking this thread, destroys all of that good info.
In situations like this it might be more constructive to infract the op and allow the thread to stay open as long as the discussion is constructive.

Umfafa
02-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah, that's kind of like mom letting you have a sip of beer at the river.

I think it's a trap though, I ain't gettin infracted for talking about moderation. Imma save my infractions for some tasty insults or naked basketball or something.

As an example, this is perfect trolling. The ones here are pretty mediocre.

[Edited for off-topic]

(edit): AWWW! You removed my video. Ok, it's your world. I'm okay with that. But my post was not the example of perfect trolling...the video was.

My post was antitrolling, in fact. Make the trolls call me names and get banned instead of me.

*giggle*

Amack
02-11-2014, 09:00 PM
One of my complaints about moderation and locking of threads is loss of good info.

Going to use this thread as an example.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?149262-Support

Yes the OP was out of line and the thread start bad, but the replies were constructive, and usefull.
Locking this thread, destroys all of that good info.
In situations like this it might be more constructive to infract the op and allow the thread to stay open as long as the discussion is constructive.

Nah there was nothing in there useful, it was just taking up space.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Fufu just justified the WM trolls... oh my.

Umfafa
02-11-2014, 09:15 PM
I was trying to make them aspire to something greater. Put some creativity in it and move on.

Weregonnalose is a funny dude. Especially in the shooters.

Popping green goo early and breaking locks early? They can do SO much better than that.

Forum trolls? Bah. Whose afraid of a forum troll.

[Edited for inappropriate off-topic]

(edit): AWWW! You removed my video. Ok, it's your world. I'm okay with that.

Maixx
02-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Nah there was nothing in there useful, it was just taking up space.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Fufu just justified the WM trolls... oh my.

While that might not have been the best example, it does not change my question.

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2014, 10:06 PM
To the topic at hand I believe Dahanese allowed us this little indulgence due to moderation throwing other threads off topic. Even though this thread started in a bad place, it goes to show that "WE" as a community can take a negative topic and make it constructive. I for one am happy to see that Dahanese has participated in this discussion, and while I won't say all is forgiven, its a start. See I think I can speak for most of us when I say that if we were engaged more often in our discussions, we wouldn't be as negative as we appear to be.

Personally I have been engaging her in PMs today as well to discover the fine lines between comedy on community topics and trolling. I will send the final PM shortly after this post, and will hopefully know the answer to that question. What I have learned thus far, is long signatures will be infracted, "trolling" will be infracted (still looking for details on this), and finally attacks against other forum people will be infracted. I hope this helps some of you with your forum posts in the future.

DanteYoda
02-11-2014, 10:33 PM

They really don't..

I've repeatedly tried to get assistance in passing my Cronkhite Coop in game, 10 tries now its been broken, the room doesn't spawn npcs to get past, the pursuit requires you to not die, the only way passed is to die or /extract (die)..
I spoke to support they tell my they will not help me..

I finally passed the Coop where it never bugged out one in like 10-15 tries and guess what the pursuit is %^$# bugged even when it works it tells me i died? when i did not...

I sent to support again guess what they tell me they cannot verify i did not die, my word is not good enough so basically they are telling me i'm lying to them, how disgusting is that, saying i basically am trying to scam a pursuit off them, why didn't i try to scam the 70+ other pursuits along the way?

Honestly i've completely lost faith in this company its a joke, I'm not even going to try to get my Cerberus pursuit fixed, new mmo in April then its adios..

Bonehead
02-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately most of the issues that have been brought up in a constructive way or otherwise are still outstanding.

Umfafa
02-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Forum's bugging now. Yoda. This post was directed in your general vicinity.

Oooh. Which one is that?

Was it the one with the free beta last weekend?

Cuz Imma see you there. And I'm rolling with CORE, so might as well team up.

:P

drackiller
02-12-2014, 01:16 AM
... new mmo in April then its adios..
If by new you`r referring to Elders Scrolls, then you`ll be very disapointed.
People who really loves the ES saga and lore will be very disapointed. It`s no Skyrim and it`s not worth the money it costs much less the mensal fee.

Mercy Killing
02-12-2014, 01:26 AM
If by new you`r referring to Elders Scrolls, then you`ll be very disapointed.
People who really loves the ES saga and lore will be very disapointed. It`s no Skyrim and it`s not worth the money it costs much less the mensal fee.

Maybe to you, but I'll happily pay that monthly fee and play that game.

drackiller
02-12-2014, 01:30 AM
Maybe to you, but I'll happily pay that monthly fee and play that game.

Don`t take me wrong, i love the Elders Scroll games, but have you tried the beta this last weekend !?

Mercy Killing
02-12-2014, 01:38 AM
Don`t take me wrong, i love the Elders Scroll games, but have you tried the beta this last weekend !?

Yes, and I loved every minute of it. You are not the be all, end all arbiter of video games or who enjoys what, good sir/madam/being of undeterminable gender.

I enjoy the heck out of this game, but almost everyone I know hates it. I think this game is more fun than Neverwinter by a long shot, and has much potential, if TRION would just get their collective heads out of whatever butts they're up. Maybe they just don't care about this game and are entirely focused on saving/improving RIFT, but they should man up and say so if this is true, not just let this game die.

I loved the heck out of City of Heroes, but when Craptic sold it to NCSoft and made their own superhero game, Champions Online, I checked it out and totally hated it. Others love it and STILL spend money on that tripe blatant copy of a game. DC's superhero game is trash as well, IMHO. This does not mean everyone thinks like I do, nor do they think the same things are fun that I do. I realize this as a basic fact of life.

drackiller
02-12-2014, 01:41 AM
Yes, and I loved every minute of it. You are not the be all, end all arbiter of video games or who enjoys what, good sir/madam/being of undeterminable gender. Next question?

I was disapointed but if you liked, then i`m glad for you.
But until June i hope to try the beta for the PS4 and by then i maybe change my mind.

Blondin
02-12-2014, 05:25 AM
One of the best thread since long time, thanks Howard the duck, You are the best :)

This is so funny and so pathetic, Howard the Ducx : "blablabla crying blabla, Arsenic is always right, he supports his words with serious research, and us poor fans have little to defend the game, plz moderation do something!! crying crying"

Btw, a game got the forum it deserves...

N3gativeCr33p
02-12-2014, 06:25 AM
So... who wants some free Rift swag? My name was randomly drawn during last week's live stream, and I don't want it.

Storm58
02-12-2014, 06:56 AM
I myself have reported hundreds of violations of the rules yet they rarely get seen to. I even contact mods regularly with suggestions yet receive no reply. I've been attacked many times by the same people but they always get away with it, I try to stay out of General discussion for these reasons.

Just responding about the "contact mods regularly ... yet receive no reply" part...

Me too. I've contacted the mods specifically about why they closed a thread, on multiple occasions and, as their sigs say, (paraphrased) "contact them if you have any questions regarding the closure of this post," they have NEVER responded to any of my inquiries.

What gives with that? What's the point of them having that sig if they never respond? That needs to be worked on as well.

bigguy
02-12-2014, 06:56 AM
did i seriously see a post that said that the beta testers who complain (yes thats right we are beta testers) are likened to standing over a bloody body with a bloody knife...get a grip dude

drackiller
02-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Btw, a game got the forum it deserves...
So very true man.

xox Zoey xox
02-12-2014, 07:37 AM
. We all know Howard hates Arsenic. Several agree with Howard for his reasons. Several like you choose to beleive those reasons don't exsist because you revere Arsenic.
:P

Wow, really? I have never seen a more helpful, informative and knowledgable person on these forums. In a very civil way, he informs of problems and issues. Reading his posts it looks like he is the most helpful person here. Why would anyone have a problem with that? Because he has a little bit a attitude somtimes (but even still, always in a civil manner, never a personal attacking or insulting way)

EDIT: Sorry batman, read the rest of your post and it seems I jumped on you myself sorry :p

Shogo_Yahagi
02-12-2014, 07:40 AM

Exactly this.

There's been a lot of whinging about negativity in this thread, but if someone had created a sock puppet to have a go at one of the fanboys, this thread would have been stomped on after the first post. Fairness in moderation, my shiny metal can.

xox Zoey xox
02-12-2014, 07:44 AM
EVERY single post this Howard the Duck guy makes is whining and *****ing about Arsenic.

Seriously...why is this thread a thing?

The thinly veiled initial post should have been enough to shut it down. This guy is either a troll or has a HUGE crush on Arsenic.

Quest for fairness my bum - Quest for indulgence more like.

Right??? Seems like Howard has a man crush on Arsenic! Or just a weird obsession :p Or maybe he is jealous he cant be as helpful :p

Manstan
02-12-2014, 08:21 AM
I think the forum moderation is quite magnanimous.

Shoogli
02-12-2014, 08:44 AM
For my participation in this thread I'll be talking about one thing that happens in many many games forums, not just this one.
So this isn't about Defiance or Trion in particular but about all moderation in all games forums.

Ok :o ?

There is this particular process of locking down a thread because it has either been derailed or because a few of the posters went into a flaming or insult war, or any breach of CoC. The thread gets locked down even though the OP was constructive, as well as several other posters in it.

Why ? :confused:

Why aren't only the offenders infracted and their post deleted and the thread allowed to continue to run its course instead of being locked down ?

This has always boggled my mind, and again : it happens in all game forums... :rolleyes:

Shogo_Yahagi
02-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Why aren't only the offenders infracted and their post deleted and the thread allowed to continue to run its course instead of being locked down ?

It was my understanding that, after the last revision to the forum rules, Trion was planning to give infractions to offenders, leave the posts if possible so that people can understand what kinds of posts generate infractions, and allow threads to continue. I haven't been active enough on the forums since then to be able to comment on whether that has taken place, but I believe that was the plan.

dramaQkarri
02-12-2014, 09:26 AM
It was my understanding that, after the last revision to the forum rules, Trion was planning to give infractions to offenders, leave the posts if possible so that people can understand what kinds of posts generate infractions, and allow threads to continue. I haven't been active enough on the forums since then to be able to comment on whether that has taken place, but I believe that was the plan.

The infractions do seem to be posted along with the original offending post, so it is being done. It's hard to notice, but overall in general the forum and Defiance game have improved. They really have. I've been playing since Day 1 (ok Day 2 cuz on Day 1 nothing worked - I mean NOTHING!) and when I think back, it is better. Not a lot...but there are some good things. If they weren't getting better I probably wouldn't be playing anymore, right?

rebtattoo
02-12-2014, 09:34 AM
It was my understanding that, after the last revision to the forum rules, Trion was planning to give infractions to offenders, leave the posts if possible so that people can understand what kinds of posts generate infractions, and allow threads to continue. I haven't been active enough on the forums since then to be able to comment on whether that has taken place, but I believe that was the plan.This, in a nut shell.

It's still not, altogether, the route to go. Some threads that get locked down have very good info that gets pushed away because the thread dies. I understand the need for moderation and discipline, but this is the "general forum: for ALL things Defiance". That means the good and the bad. The game has issues, we all lament with them. A negative rant is going to happen more often than a praise.

Listen to the players that play regularly, implement changes that make sense in the game and you'll see more praise. The fact that we're still here complaining instead of moving on should tell you something.

Holy Bahamut3
02-12-2014, 09:35 AM
This causes more confusion than it solves. Check out the 2/14 livestream thread for example.

dahanese
02-12-2014, 11:55 AM
This thread doesn't seem to have any more questions for me, so I'm going to close it. Thanks for the conversation, guys.