PDA

View Full Version : The True MMO Experience?

Zoo
01-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Well i have been searching the forums and seeing a lot of people questioning is Defiance a "True MMO".

Frankly, not a lot of people have experience with this genre (if you are console) as it primarily is a PC thing. Now PS3 players will probably say "DCUO is a True MMO Experience", but its not.

So basically what i, and many others want to know are:

Is there a progression system/leveling system?
Is there armor/gear drops, along with weapons?
Is there raids/instances along with cities?
Is there trading? Even an Auction House?
Is there a class system? or are we all generally the same and it doesn't matter what role we pick in the beginning?

These are major concerns for me and a lot of people.
From what i know, there must be some sort of progression system/leveling system as we earn EXP, but i haven't noticed a player level indicator on any of the Beta footage i saw.

I never saw gear drops apart from weapons and bullets.

Apart from the cool random world events that happen, is there raids where groups of us would have to go do to defeat a boss for loot or is that nonexistent? The same with cities or city at least, where there would be vendors to sell us stuff that we might need or to sell things to for money.

Will there be a trading system/auction house for players to sell & trade things?

And finally, from what i heard and saw it seems it doesn't really matter if you choose assault or heavy. If you get the BMG gun and are somewhat spec'd for healing you can heal. Same for any other class, it seems picking a class only changes your cosmetic appearances.

Now in no way am i trying to talk bad about the game, its just concerns that i have and that many other people have. Because to me right now, it seems like this is a Planetside 2 crossover to Borderlands type game if it didn't have any of those things i have listed.

Mr666
01-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Will what you stated is more or less what a RPG or to the point what MMORPG is or tries to be now days but Defiance is third person shooter at heart. If you trying to say MMOs have to be like WoW, Everquest,and Rift than dooming a genre to becoming photo copy of one other just in a different place at a different time.

Is there a progression system/leveling system? They have said that is a TPS(third person shooter)MMO and though its not a RPG there is a progression system/leveling system.
Is there armor/gear drops, along with weapons? Weapons as you said drop but armors don't hold stat value so I don't think it drops but is rewarded for doing things like quest or killing so many players in PvP.
Is there raids/instances along with cities? There are four man raid/co-op missions you can go to to take on some awesome Bosses and yes there are cities or at least one that was said in live stream
Is there trading? Even an Auction House? There is trading but to what degree that wasn't stated also there are hints at auction house yet nothing solid.
Is there a class system? or are we all generally the same and it doesn't matter what role we pick in the beginning? There are no classes just ways you can start out what a weapon of your choosing then you level in the way you want to play as so no one is always playing one role all the time or I should say doesn't have to play the same role all the time.

Also a lot is answered in live stream so watch every Friday or when you can at http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

DuoMaxwell007
01-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Frankly, not a lot of people have experience with this genre (if you are console) as it primarily is a PC thing. Now PS3 players will probably say "DCUO is a True MMO Experience", but its not.

actually intelligent people would say final fantasy XI is the true mmo experience.... that was out on console since 2002 and (unlike DCUO) was a true MMO.. and final fantasy XIV (another true mmo) will finally be making its way to PS3 this summer.

DuoMaxwell007
01-27-2013, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Mr666;16361]/QUOTE]

no armor? so the stuff we wear is just for looks? umm what determines whether we die in 3 shots or 20? plenty of shooters have "armor" that function as just that... armor... you wear light armor you can take a lotta hist but you can move fast... you wear heavy armor youre super slow but you can take punishment etc etc.. i would hope armor has SOME kinda stat.

Mr666
01-27-2013, 11:21 PM

no armor? so the stuff we wear is just for looks? umm what determines whether we die in 3 shots or 20? plenty of shooters have "armor" that function as just that... armor... you wear light armor you can take a lotta hist but you can move fast... you wear heavy armor youre super slow but you can take punishment etc etc.. i would hope armor has SOME kinda stat.No from what I'm hearing its just for looks and you perks or abilities will tell how much damage you take and from what. here they talk a little about it http://defiance-central.com/the-loadout-system/

Myll_Erik
01-27-2013, 11:42 PM
You're shield and your Health determines how quickly you die.

There will be loot drops scattered around the world of Defiance and there are instances as well.

While we don't have a "class" system, players are able to set up their character as they see fit in to whichever role that they want to take on.

bobalobabingbong
01-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Well i have been searching the forums and seeing a lot of people questioning is Defiance a "True MMO".

MMO= Massively Multiplayer Online. So yes, it is a "True MMO"

Is there a class system? or are we all generally the same and it doesn't matter what role we pick in the beginning?

These are major concerns for me and a lot of people.
From what i know, there must be some sort of progression system/leveling system as we earn EXP, but i haven't noticed a player level indicator on any of the Beta footage i saw.

I never saw gear drops apart from weapons and bullets.

Apart from the cool random world events that happen, is there raids where groups of us would have to go do to defeat a boss for loot or is that nonexistent? The same with cities or city at least, where there would be vendors to sell us stuff that we might need or to sell things to for money.

Will there be a trading system/auction house for players to sell & trade things?

And finally, from what i heard and saw it seems it doesn't really matter if you choose assault or heavy. If you get the BMG gun and are somewhat spec'd for healing you can heal. Same for any other class, it seems picking a class only changes your cosmetic appearances.

Now in no way am i trying to talk bad about the game, its just concerns that i have and that many other people have. Because to me right now, it seems like this is a Planetside 2 crossover to Borderlands type game if it didn't have any of those things i have listed.

Those are elements of an RPG or Role Playing Game. Perhaps the question you want to ask "is this a true RPG?" No. It's a MMOTPS, or Massively Multiplayer Online Third Person Shooter.

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 08:34 AM
MMO= Massively Multiplayer Online. So yes, it is a "True MMO"

Those are elements of an RPG or Role Playing Game. Perhaps the question you want to ask "is this a true RPG?" No. It's a MMOTPS, or Massively Multiplayer Online Third Person Shooter.

why would anyone ask if a SHOOTER is a true RPG lol.. and those are elements of an RPG? someone forgot to tell DC universe online that then as it has all those things. Planetside 2 and Space Cowboy online also had raids, armor/gear drops, trading and progression/leveling

bobalobabingbong
01-28-2013, 08:44 AM
why would anyone ask if a SHOOTER is a true RPG lol.. and those are elements of an RPG? someone forgot to tell DC universe online that then as it has all those things. Planetside 2 and Space Cowboy online also had raids, armor/gear drops, trading and progression/leveling

DCUO is an MMORPG.

Who can say that a shooter cannot have those things?There are tons of shooters that have RPG elements in them, you pointed out a couple. I was only pointing out that people ask the question "Is it a true MMO?" without understanding what MMO means.

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
DCUO is an MMORPG.

Who can say that a shooter cannot have those things?There are tons of shooters that have RPG elements in them, you pointed out a couple. I was only pointing out that people ask the question "Is it a true MMO?" without understanding what MMO means.

DCUO MMORPG? Im sorry but I cant call a game an RPG when it plays more like god of war than everquest or world of war craft.. i would have to call devil may cry, bayonetta, dynasty warriors and every other button mashing real time combat game and RPG at that point then.

(sure kingdom hearts was an action RPG but i still had to select attack on a menu to button mash and navigate a menu when i wanted to do other actions that werent attacking

as for the "true" MMO things well that question makes extreme since when you think of the fact that EVERY MMO that came out before 2006 had those very things, so it would make since to assume or want EVERY game that calls it self an MMO to have those same features even if the gameplay is different (i.e a shooter instead of an RPG)

bobalobabingbong
01-28-2013, 09:05 AM
DCUO MMORPG? Im sorry but I cant call a game an RPG when it plays more like god of war than everquest or world of war craft.. i would have to call devil may cry, bayonetta, dynasty warriors and every other button mashing real time combat game and RPG at that point then.

(sure kingdom hearts was an action RPG but i still had to select attack on a menu to button mash and navigate a menu when i wanted to do other actions that werent attacking

as for the "true" MMO things well that question makes extreme since when you think of the fact that EVERY MMO that came out before 2006 had those very things, so it would make since to assume or want EVERY game that calls it self an MMO to have those same features even if the gameplay is different (i.e a shooter instead of an RPG)

Well I wont argue DCUO. I never played. It is only labeled as such.

You say every MMO that came out before 2006 had those very things, well this is 2013. 7 years is a long time. I see the point your trying to make but still, the definition of MMO is massively multiplayer online. So I go back to my original point. Yes, this game is an MMO. You could certainly ask if this game has some of those game play elements, but not if it is a "true MMO".

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Well I wont argue DCUO. I never played. It is only labeled as such.

You say every MMO that came out before 2006 had those very things, well this is 2013. 7 years is a long time. I see the point your trying to make but still, the definition of MMO is massively multiplayer online. So I go back to my original point. Yes, this game is an MMO. You could certainly ask if this game has some of those game play elements, but not if it is a "true MMO".

correct 7 years IS a long time however not EVERY MMO in the last 7 years has abandoned the practice that all the MMOs before that time has had.. Id say maybe only 10-20% of the ones in the last 7 years have changed from having all those "true mmo" things.

but lets just say in the last 7 years EVERY MMO has dropped/changed what "true mmos" have.. ok MMO have been around since 1991 (1985 if you wanna get technical) from 1991 to 2006 weve had 500+ MMOs that fit the TC description of "true mmo" (Im sure the number is more like 1000+ but Im being lenient) compared to the 50-100 MMOs that have launched from 2006 to now.

so just by sheer number.. out of 600 MMOs minimum 500 of them fit "true" mmo to the 100 that dont. think by case of sheer numbers its safe to label those as "true mmos" despite whats come in the last 7 years. Now once the "non true mmos" meet or exceed that number THEN we can have a proper debate on what constitutes of a "true mmo" and what doesnt.

bobalobabingbong
01-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Lets say there were 5000 games that were labeled as MMO. They were MMOs, I'm not saying they weren't. The games you mention probably were. I didn't play a lot of them, so I can't comment on that. But what kind of MMO were they? There are many types.

MMORPG
MMOFPS
MMOBBG
MMORTS
MMOTBS
MMOS
MMOTPS

All of them are MMOs. So what defines a "true MMO"?. Massively Multiplayer Online. So when one asks if this game is a "true MMO", by definition it is. That's the point I was trying to make. You can compare millions of games, and it will not change the fact that MMO means massively multiplayer online, and we know already that this game is just that.

Myll_Erik
01-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Defiance is breaking ground in a lot of aspects - so why not try and do some new things.

bobalobabingbong
01-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Defiance is breaking ground in a lot of aspects - so why not try and do some new things.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that hopes so. ;)

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Lets say there were 5000 games that were labeled as MMO. They were MMOs, I'm not saying they weren't. The games you mention probably were. I didn't play a lot of them, so I can't comment on that. But what kind of MMO were they? There are many types.

MMORPG
MMOFPS
MMOBBG
MMORTS
MMOTBS
MMOS
MMOTPS

All of them are MMOs. So what defines a "true MMO"?. Massively Multiplayer Online. So when one asks if this game is a "true MMO", by definition it is. That's the point I was trying to make. You can compare millions of games, and it will not change the fact that MMO means massively multiplayer online, and we know already that this game is just that.

ok so answer this question.. lets say the next call of duty isnt open world (you still select your maps from a lobby or have matchmaking) the progression is done like every other call of duty (so nothing as complex as borderlands or whatnot) the only only difference is these new maps are MASSIVE so much so that 500-1000 players are fighting out on these maps at once.

is that now an MMO?

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 10:25 AM

Im not saying it wont be fun nor am I saying I wont like it (wouldnt have spent 150 bucks on the ultimate edition otherwise) Im just saying I dont expect it to adhere to all the qualifications I expect to see in an MMO.. luckily I do enjoy shooters too, so even without those things it snot a deal breaker.. Ill just know to set my standards lower than what was expected the first day the game was teased/announced

bobalobabingbong
01-28-2013, 10:35 AM
ok so answer this question.. lets say the next call of duty isnt open world (you still select your maps from a lobby or have matchmaking) the progression is done like every other call of duty (so nothing as complex as borderlands or whatnot) the only only difference is these new maps are MASSIVE so much so that 500-1000 players are fighting out on these maps at once.

is that now an MMO?
According to Wikipedia, yes. Although, Wikipedia also states that they usually have at least one persistent world, but that is not always the case. I like the persistent world part to the definition, but I didn't write it.

Aaricane
01-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Technically Defiance should be called an MMORPGTPS. lol
(massive multiplayer online role playing game third person shooter)

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 10:44 AM
According to Wikipedia, yes. Although, Wikipedia also states that they usually have at least one persistent world, but that is not always the case. I like the persistent world part to the definition, but I didn't write it.

yup persistant world should definitely be part of what makes an MMO an MMO... i agree with that one entirely (even if wiki didnt say it) which is why I wouldnt call MAG an MMO despite the devs themselves labeling it as one

bobalobabingbong
01-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Technically Defiance should be called an MMORPGTPS. lol
(massive multiplayer online role playing game third person shooter)

That's quite the mouthful. :p

With that, if we go back to the point the OP was trying to make (which I derailed pretty well)

I really hope so.

yup persistant world should definitely be part of what makes an MMO an MMO... i agree with that one entirely (even if wiki didnt say it) which is why I wouldnt call MAG an MMO despite the devs themselves labeling it as one

Yeah, I think I saw them try to slip that in the article, lol.

Aaricane
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I think so many people are forgetting that MMO does not mean it is like WoW.

MMO > Massive Multiplayer Online.
Which in that sense, yes! The game is similar to RIFT, WoW, etc.

This does not mean that it has a complex level/guild feature, or whatever else you want to thrown in there.
It simply has hundreds, if not thousands of players playing in the same world.

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
I think so many people are forgetting that MMO does not mean it is like WoW.

MMO > Massive Multiplayer Online.
Which in that sense, yes! The game is similar to RIFT, WoW, etc.

This does not mean that it has a complex level/guild feature, or whatever else you want to thrown in there.
It simply has hundreds, if not thousands of players playing in the same world.

well if the first 500 MMOs didnt have all those things ppl wouldnt expect all others to have them too lol

Aaricane
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
well if the first 500 MMOs didnt have all those things ppl wouldnt expect all others to have them too lolAhh but the 1st 1,000 or so vehicles in the world was either black or a heavily dark grey.
It does not mean that simply because a car is red, does not mean it is not a car just the same.

That made a lot more sense in my head.....

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Ahh but the 1st 1,000 or so vehicles in the world was either black or a heavily dark grey.
It does not mean that simply because a car is red, does not mean it is not a car just the same.

That made a lot more sense in my head.....

a car is a vehicles with four wheels, an engine, steering wheels, brakes and gas and runs on gas, oh and 2 or 4 doors...

its color isnt what defines it... so yeah you might wanna use a slightly better analogy

now if you can name things taht fit those qualifications that ARENT cars (dont say a truck or van because those are still TYPES of cars) then by all mean do so.

Aaricane
01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
a car is a vehicles with four wheels, an engine, steering wheels, brakes and gas and runs on gas, oh and 2 or 4 doors...

its color isnt what defines it... so yeah you might wanna use a slightly better analogy

now if you can name things taht fit those qualifications that ARENT cars (dont say a truck or van because those are still TYPES of cars) then by all mean do so.But take away 2 wheels, take out the brakes, make it run on Coke-A-Cola & fart glitter.
It's still a vehicle is it not?

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 01:21 PM
But take away 2 wheels, take out the brakes, make it run on Coke-A-Cola & fart glitter.
It's still a vehicle is it not?

yore 100% correct its still a vehicle but this discussion wanst about what makes a vehicle a vehicle it was abuot what makes a car a car

"It does not mean that simply because a car is red, does not mean it is not a car just the same."

Caios
01-28-2013, 01:23 PM
You're playing online in a persistent virtual world along with hundreds of thousands of other people. You might not all be playing at the same time and place, but you're all logging into the same game. So by that definition this is most definitely a true MMO.

In addition, this very forum has a Guild Recruitment section so it's a safe assumption that the game will have some form of guild mechanic. The devs have publicly stated that there will be massive in game challenges that require large groups of people, like guilds, to overcome. This may not be exactly like the raid content you're used to but it is essentially raiding. There is most definitely a large assortment of gear, mainly in the form of guns that you can acquire and upgrade. There is also crafting associated with improving and customizing your guns. In addition there is additional gear in the form of special vehicles and outfits that you can get.

Last but certainly not least there is a form of level progression in terms of the EGO abilities and perks that you obtain as you increase your power through experience. I don't think there are any classes specifically but you can probably tailor your character to play whatever role you enjoy most.

So all in all I'd say that yes, this game definitely has the True MMO experience, but it's probably not like any MMO you're used to. :)

DuoMaxwell007
01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
You're playing online in a persistent virtual world along with hundreds of thousands of other people. You might not all be playing at the same time and place, but you're all logging into the same game. So by that definition this is most definitely a true MMO.

In addition, this very forum has a Guild Recruitment section so it's a safe assumption that the game will have some form of guild mechanic. The devs have publicly stated that there will be massive in game challenges that require large groups of people, like guilds, to overcome. This may not be exactly like the raid content you're used to but it is essentially raiding. There is most definitely a large assortment of gear, mainly in the form of guns that you can acquire and upgrade. There is also crafting associated with improving and customizing your guns. In addition there is additional gear in the form of special vehicles and outfits that you can get.

Last but certainly not least there is a form of level progression in terms of the EGO abilities and perks that you obtain as you increase your power through experience. I don't think there are any classes specifically but you can probably tailor your character to play whatever role you enjoy most.

So all in all I'd say that yes, this game definitely has the True MMO experience, but it's probably not like any MMO you're used to. :)

well regarding your guild point yeah we know there will be guild.. the question is will they be "complex" as they are in other MMOs.. such as your guild can level up and you get certain items or perks depending on your guild level, or guild specific abilities.. in otherwords gameplay incentive to join a guild other than "just because i want a cool tag next to my name"

shoudra
01-28-2013, 03:22 PM
I agree with the point that people confuse "MMO" with MMORPG. I did enjoy the car analogy kudos on that :P

Aaricane
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
I agree with the point that people confuse "MMO" with MMORPG. I did enjoy the car analogy kudos on that :PThank you, i try!

Zoo
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I've been gone for a couple days & will be reading over this thread.

gothicshark
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM

Is it a True MMO?

Massively Multilayer Online game.

Posted in a way that is NDA safe.
Is there a progression system/leveling system? Saints Row the 3rd has this, most modern video games have a Leveling System.

Is there armor/gear drops, along with weapons? Most Shooters have some method of upgrading what you use.

Is there raids/instances along with cities? They have shown videos of such things.

Is there trading? Even an Auction House?I actually do not know the answer to this, but it is not required for a MMO, City of Heroes didn't have this for the first 3 years.

Is there a class system? or are we all generally the same and it doesn't matter what role we pick in the beginning? This is hard to answer, but look at the videos. I can tell you the direction they did is really enjoyable.

All in all your questions do not ask the right things.

Is Defiance Massive? Yes
Is Defiance Multiplayer? Yes
Is Defiance Online? Yes

By definition it is a MMO.

Your question should really be 'Is Defiance a MMORPG? Based on current Models?' Yes and No

It has about the same amount of RPG as Mass Effect 2 and 3 does. In fact if you want a good example of how this game feels play Mass Effect 2 and 3. However this game is nothing like World of Warcrack, it is not based on tab target and power rotations. It is a third person shooter. You aim you shoot.

gothicshark
02-01-2013, 04:37 PM

no armor? so the stuff we wear is just for looks? umm what determines whether we die in 3 shots or 20? plenty of shooters have "armor" that function as just that... armor... you wear light armor you can take a lotta hist but you can move fast... you wear heavy armor youre super slow but you can take punishment etc etc.. i would hope armor has SOME kinda stat.

The game is really fast paced, no getting into 2 mins of not being able to fight back as you die in PVP, they have damage mitigation, but a good solid head shot crit always kills.

gothicshark
02-01-2013, 04:42 PM
DCUO MMORPG?

It is a RPG, you do level your character, you do pick skills. Granted it is also built like a platform fight game but it has all the basics of a RPG.

Role Playing Game - to be one you just need a leveling system in which you get a choice of skills. Which is why so many games these days count as RPGs. Even if they are not billed as one. Saints Row the third is a classic example of this.

when you think of the fact that EVERY MMO that came out before 2006 had those very things, so it would make since to assume or want EVERY game that calls it self an MMO to have those same features even if the gameplay is different (i.e a shooter instead of an RPG)
City of Heroes had no gear, no means to trade gear, and it defiantly did not have an Auction house when it launched. It did have inspirations (sort of like potions), and enhancements(gems) which were easy to get and could be traded. Your "Gear" was a costume which you designed and had no barring on game play (besides some graphical issues in a raid "No Caps, and no sparkly powers please")

gothicshark
02-01-2013, 04:51 PM
correct 7 years IS a long time however not EVERY MMO in the last 7 years has abandoned the practice that all the MMOs before that time has had.. Id say maybe only 10-20% of the ones in the last 7 years have changed from having all those "true mmo" things.

but lets just say in the last 7 years EVERY MMO has dropped/changed what "true mmos" have.. ok MMO have been around since 1991 (1985 if you wanna get technical) from 1991 to 2006 weve had 500+ MMOs that fit the TC description of "true mmo" (Im sure the number is more like 1000+ but Im being lenient) compared to the 50-100 MMOs that have launched from 2006 to now.

so just by sheer number.. out of 600 MMOs minimum 500 of them fit "true" mmo to the 100 that dont. think by case of sheer numbers its safe to label those as "true mmos" despite whats come in the last 7 years. Now once the "non true mmos" meet or exceed that number THEN we can have a proper debate on what constitutes of a "true mmo" and what doesnt.

Muds and most of the games you are including didn't have many of the things on the list posted in the first post. Only the ones based on D&D had those. I played some of those games, sure you leveled and sometimes got upgrades, but the games didn't have auction houses and many of these advanced means of trade. The only thing they all had was a place to type in chat.

gothicshark
02-01-2013, 04:54 PM

is that now an MMO?

The massive definition is over 500, but if COD had 500 player maps than yes, some have even argued that massive only requires a lobby waiting area to be massive, in which case Star Craft is a MMO, and most RTS games with Massive Lobby areas with chat are actually MMOs.

Fireswraith
02-01-2013, 05:15 PM
In fact if you want a good example of how this game feels play Mass Effect 2 and 3.

It's not third person, but PlanetSide 2 is a better example.

Caios
02-01-2013, 05:16 PM
It's not third person, but PlanetSide 2 is a better example.

Uh, you might want to check those game out again. All the Mass Effect games were third person.

gothicshark
02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
((I had a nice post I had just done, it got lost to server Lag :mad: So I will try to recreate my words. ))

This topic is based on the OPs arbitrary definition of what is a MMORPG. Which reminds me of a long standing discussion I have with my long term friend. (who is in to this MMO :rolleyes: )

The discussion goes like this, I have a list of things based on classic second edition AD&D (A for advanced).

My arbitrary rules for a RPG require these things Leveling system, Stat lines, Gear, Inventory, and Currency used to purchase upgrades.

My friend has a different arbitrary rule. 'A RPG needs to have character progression in which you choose the direction and path that your character grows'

Defiance meets both of our definitions, however here are two games which we disagree with, I say Mass Effect 2 is not a RPG, and my friend says Diablo 2 is not a RPG. Technically we are both right and we are both wrong. The point here is if we make arbitrary rules about what a game needs to have so it can fit in a box than we miss out on opportunities to play great games, since ME2 and Diablo 2 are amongst the top 50 greatest games ever made. (also arbitrary how I said how good these games are.)

What I think the OP should do is ease the personal definitions a bit and go in hoping for a fun game.

SteelPaladin
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
There is no spoon.

Nervusbreakdown
02-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I think you guys are missing the main point, if your in the game or not the world will stay on, things will happen with or without you.

That is what also makes an MMO

Fireswraith
02-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Uh, you might want to check those game out again. All the Mass Effect games were third person.

Uh, was refering to PlanetSide 2 not being third person.

Mr666
02-01-2013, 08:44 PM
This might have been stated but what your asking is it a true mmo yet what you mean is it true rpg and simply no. Without a question it is a mmo becuase the number of people that are able the spawn and play with one other in the same server.