PDA

View Full Version : the codes of courteous in game behavior

Mutton
02-12-2014, 12:06 PM
So i have only recently started playing, and only have done a few community actions and etc. i just looked here and saw some of the gripes people have about other players and realized i had done a few. Sorry guys. While im sure some are obvious like jumping into an Arc fall and not doing anything, some sound obscure, like not shooting the tiny hell bugs, popping in a fight way late, etc. okay so im guessing there is a thread on in game behavior here. if someone could post it here that would be great. nobody wants to be "that guy" so tips would help.
cheers

rebtattoo
02-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Honestly, the best way to learn in game etiquette is to simply ask. Either join a clan and ask clan mates or come here if you have a question. Being that you are new, it's understandable to have loads of questions.

Before I got nearly completely jaded about aspects of the game i used this forum to help me develop my play style and learn what I could.

And, as far as the little hellbugs go, shoot the shtako outta them! They fixed it to where they don't need to bite to cause the crit spot.

Kibblehouse
02-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Most of the "in game" curtesy is common sense. You may step on toes here and there but thats to be expected in a game where the objective is to shoot anything that moves. General rule is if your not acting like an a##hole then your not being an a##hole, others may think differently but there's a good chance they are wrong. If people respond with links take them with a grain of salt, many of the so called "Miss Manner's" guides I have seen posted seem to go against common sense and are only promoting the authors particular point of view. But of course that's just my opinion.

Mutton
02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
thanks for the info guys.

TASHINKA
02-12-2014, 01:21 PM
So i have only recently started playing, and only have done a few community actions and etc. i just looked here and saw some of the gripes people have about other players and realized i had done a few. Sorry guys. While im sure some are obvious like jumping into an Arc fall and not doing anything, some sound obscure, like not shooting the tiny hell bugs, popping in a fight way late, etc. okay so im guessing there is a thread on in game behavior here. if someone could post it here that would be great. nobody wants to be "that guy" so tips would help.
cheersThe fact that you came here asking how to be courteous, shows that you are. Reb offers some good suggestions for you - one more: if you are in warmaster chamber, please do not shoot the red "locks" before the room is completely full, otherwise guaranteed failure. Otherwise, just be conscious of your surroundings (if other players are jumping/meleeing in your face, you may be doing something unpopular).

drackiller
02-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Before i go to sleep, please, please, don`t use Spanner Protector on the new 7th Legion Sieges.
Today everybody was using that BMG and it is very annoying, at least to me. My eyes can`t stand it and i think the game can`t too. :)

Kibblehouse
02-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Oh man! I'd have to agree on the Spanner Protector's, not only do they hit you with the blinding blue glare, they give you the wonderful hex shell effect on top of it. Add to that your not really doing much good as the NPC's never get a shot off before dieing, so your not healing anything (at least in the incursions I have done)

Shadow Andreas
02-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Oh man! I'd have to agree on the Spanner Protector's, not only do they hit you with the blinding blue glare, they give you the wonderful hex shell effect on top of it. Add to that your not really doing much good as the NPC's never get a shot off before dieing, so your not healing anything (at least in the incursions I have done)

I understand about the protector with the honeycomb....but since so many people are at the incursions and you are lucky to get a shot off......the BMG is the only way to get points right now. Hate to say it....I only use my BMG at the incursion sieges because if I didn't get heal assist points....I would get no points at all. I do not use a protector though....so no honeycomb from me. I use my spanner :)

rebtattoo
02-12-2014, 03:37 PM
I understand about the protector with the honeycomb....but since so many people are at the incursions and you are lucky to get a shot off......the BMG is the only way to get points right now. Hate to say it....I only use my BMG at the incursion sieges because if I didn't get heal assist points....I would get no points at all. I do not use a protector though....so no honeycomb from me. I use my spanner :)Agreed. Especially at the little emergencies. I like the Stingray personally...Helluva lot of links=more dmg+assist pts.

Shadow Andreas
02-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Agreed. Especially at the little emergencies. I like the Stingray personally...Helluva lot of links=more dmg+assist pts.

Now that I think of it....I think my BMG is a OJ Stingray....can't remember for sure right now since I'm not playing the game. All I know is I have a lot of links and range and LOVE my BMG for "what it is".

Odessa
02-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I absolutely loathe the BMG in incursions. It's frustrating when you can't see from all the blue, the bubble seems to stick to you well beyond reason and the lag is horrible. I always manage to hit something during an incursion, and that's all I need. I don't go for high points and tend to find a nice hiding spot away from all the BMGers running around. It's one of the biggest complaints I see. If you're in a Progenitor Arkfall, it's probably a great way to level up and help out. That's really what it's for. Personally I just wait til the bubble/blue haze of annoyance goes away to continue to shoot. *shrugs* Bitter Betty on aisle one. :)

I totally understand stepping on toes. A few things I learned about being curteous:

1. BMG= see above
2. Warmaster rules of thumb
Don't=shoot the locks until you see a room of roughly 20 players.
Don't=use infectors / BMGs as a main weapon
Do= Arm for the right arm (unless most are shooting back)
Do=Extract when you go down. Meaning Don't expect to be picked up. It takes time from taking out WM health.
3. If you're in a match/pvp/coop/etc... and have to step away, I'd suggest stepping leaving instance. That way someone who is ready to actively participate can play and people aren't expecting support from someone who is AFK.

Beyond that it's probably common sense and being aware of your fellow arkhunters. When you're playing as a team it's a lot easier (and more enjoyable in my opinion).

Deunan
02-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Agreed. Especially at the little emergencies. I like the Stingray personally...Helluva lot of links=more dmg+assist pts.I don't generally go to these but if I do I use the Stingray as well for the exact same reasons as you and Shadow Andreas. It's an absolute zergfest at the Sieges that end the incursions.