PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the proxy memory slider is broke.

Arsenic_Touch
02-12-2014, 08:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5UBMenp.png

Even on full, general steve everywhere.

Amack
02-12-2014, 08:43 PM
No, it looks like you have more people around you than the clients are made to handle....

Clearly, obviously, a dying game, no doubt about it.

Arsenic_Touch
02-12-2014, 08:48 PM
No, it looks like you have more people around you than the clients are made to handle....

And yet, after the siege is over, you won't find a soul doing regular arkfalls/sieges. Go figure, huh?
I've loaded more at arkfalls with no issues, it only started happening with the DLC. Even happens with less people at volge sieges. and afflicted sieges as well. Not to mention the volge and afflicted mobs not even loading in.

Amack
02-12-2014, 08:55 PM
If it has changed like you say, then most likely it's a change for everyone, done server side.
The lag between the colored arrows appearing and the mobs spawning doesn't have anything to do with the clients, more so the number of clients.

QipQip
02-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Maybe they cut back on the servers to save money.So even if the population is lower they can't handle the load.

Amack
02-12-2014, 09:01 PM
That is just it, the population isn't lower.

I currently (this minute) have 28 active people logged in on my friends list. I can only allow in-actives to go for 2 days! I do believe we are in record numbers right now.

QipQip
02-12-2014, 09:11 PM
That is just it, the population isn't lower.

I currently (this minute) have 28 active people logged in on my friends list. I can only allow in-actives to go for 2 days! I do believe we are in record numbers right now.
Well I guess it's possible numbers are up.If only we had a way to check.

Oh yes the steam stats page.
http://steamcharts.com/app/224600#1y

Arsenic_Touch
02-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Record numbers..... hahahahaha.

Bonehead
02-12-2014, 09:15 PM
On PC EU I have not had any issues with the memory slider at all even in full arkbreaks.
I have noticed lots more lag on the NA servers lately too but not on EU.

Amack
02-12-2014, 09:15 PM
You two are making me face palm in real life right now.
Thanks a bunch.
So let me get this correct... If you only had one chart to use in order to judge how the stock market is currently doing, you would deduce your judgement from that one chart? The only thing that chart tells you is that the steam players, might prefer another game.

Arsenic, UL's recruitment is up by like 200% since the DLC and new chat, in a matter of weeks.

Arsenic_Touch
02-12-2014, 09:16 PM
On PC EU I have not had any issues with the memory slider at all even in full arkbreaks.
I have noticed lots more lag on the NA servers lately too but not on EU.

Yeah, there are some serious stability issues in low population areas. Quite a few people are just randomly crashing in my clan.

QipQip
02-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Thanks a bunch.
So let me get this correct... If you only had one chart to use in order to judge how the stock market is currently doing, you would deduce your judgement from that one chart? The only thing that chart tells you is that the steam players, might prefer another game.

We you see that's how polls work. You cant ask everyone in the world your question so you try to get the best sample size you possibly can.You then can extrapolate from that data.Steam data is about as good as you can get in this industry.As for platform the PC numbers would most likely be the best case scenario considering the horror stories from the underpowered console owners.I'm looking at you PS3 people.

crasher
02-12-2014, 09:31 PM

I just did a matron series near Shondu with one person (I got a green Rebel II with a million damage on my score), went on to a Bolinas afflicted siege with two people, and walked away from soloing another matron near Diablo after the last minor.
Nobody at BugChug, nobody at Demon, 1 person at Shondu.

You implying that the other shards are full, and I'm the one extra guy they rolled out an empty shard for?

On topic, about 20 percent of the people I've seen in the last week have been General Steve, and there have been a few days where he's the only guy I've seen most of the day.

Amack
02-12-2014, 09:34 PM
We you see that's how polls work. You cant ask everyone in the world your question so you try to get the best sample size you possibly can.

Good

You then can extrapolate from that data.Steam data is about as good as you can get in this industry

Not good. Being tied to only one method to extrapolate data does not automatically make it anywhere close to accurate, nor does it make it a good method to use overall.

As for platform the PC numbers would most likely be the best case scenario considering the horror stories from the underpowered console owners.I'm looking at you PS3 people.

We will never know. However, since we seem to be going on complete assumptions here... I guess this works.

crasher
02-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Well I guess it's possible numbers are up.If only we had a way to check.

Oh yes the steam stats page.
http://steamcharts.com/app/224600#1y
Damn those fools at steam, They keep posting that DEFI graph upside down......

Amack
02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
You implying that the other shards are full, and I'm the one extra guy they rolled out an empty shard for?

That is exactly what I am suggesting. Would you like me to find you in game and bring you to the people?

In fact I bet you are in the same shard I am currently!

crasher
02-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks a bunch.
SNIP

Arsenic, UL's recruitment is up by like 200% since the DLC and new chat, in a matter of weeks.

That's not an example of your glowing record in your clan.

I'd say, considering how MOST of the other clans have vanished, your new members are seeing a lack of options.

crasher
02-12-2014, 09:41 PM
That is exactly what I am suggesting. Would you like me to find you in game and bring you to the people?

In fact I bet you are in the same shard I am currently!
Logged on with my main 'toon.
100 people on my friends list.
3 people in the game.

The friends list doesn't care what shard people are on.

Your 200% doesn't need to represent a small portion of the people signing up or still playing the game.
With the smaller clans going empty and being abandon, your clan #s can represent 40% or more of the new people... I dunno....

To paraphrase:
'So let me get this correct... If you only had one person's clan statistic to use in order to judge how the game is currently doing, you would deduce your judgement from that one person's clan statistic? The only thing that one person's clan statistic tells you is that the other clans (besides CORE) might be dead.'

Amack
02-12-2014, 09:45 PM
That's not an example of your glowing record in your clan.

I'd say, considering how MOST of the other clans have vanished, your new members are seeing a lack of options.

Because being one of the very few clans on the server that is close to rank 3, has nothing to do with it, right?

Logged on with my main 'toon.
100 people on my friends list.
3 people in the game.

The friends list doesn't care what shard people are on.

Neither does mine. As much as it pains you, it might be time for new friends.

Amack
02-12-2014, 09:53 PM
'So let me get this correct... If you only had one person's clan statistic to use in order to judge how the game is currently doing, you would deduce your judgement from that one person's clan statistic? The only thing that one person's clan statistic tells you is that the other clans (besides CORE) might be dead.'

Yes it might be entirely possible. However, if this is true, it is because of many people's greed and not them leaving the game. They want those boosts!

UL saw this coming the next day after they implemented the new clan boost system. We prepared for it.

Not to mention, many of them (a real good portion) are brand new players, that could now read our recruitment message reliably.

crasher
02-12-2014, 09:54 PM

Because being one of the very few clans on the server that is close to rank 3, has nothing to do with it, right?
Because being #3 in a game that might have 5 clans over 10 people is different than being #3 in a game that used to have (picks # from air) 100 clans all over 50 people....
Right?

Neither does mine. As much as it pains you, it might be time for new friends.
It might be.
And if I was on a shard with more than myself, 2 people and a bajillion hellbugs, I might have people to send requests to.

Right?:rolleyes:

Amack
02-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm not going to do this Crasher, lmao.
If you want me to bring you to them, you let me know, my in-game name matches.

crasher
02-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Yes it might be entirely possible. However, if this is true, it is because of many people's greed and not them leaving the game. They want those boosts!
So, people aren't playing the game because they aren't being bribed to play the game, because playing the game without being bribed to play is so yesterday?

I remember when people thronged the servers after paying $60 to $120 just for starters as an entry fee.
And you're saying that people won't show up unless Daha hands out free dishes, and an ice cream cone, on top of the free trial run of the game that can be converted into a full membership including all the free DLC content that didn't exist before....
And they can get that full membership for $7.49?

Right, I'm sure it's because of the boosts....
:rolleyes:

Amack
02-12-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm not following you into this crazy realm of your beliefs... I have plenty of my own to worry about, thank you. If you would like me to show you other players, I am at your disposal.

In fact, my clan has people on 24/7 now, so feel free to ask any of them.

crasher
02-12-2014, 10:10 PM
<snip>

Not to mention, many of them (a real good portion) are brand new players, that could now read our recruitment message reliably.
And as I said:
Most of the other clans are gone.
When you're one of the only clans left out of dozens upon dozens that used to exist, it's not hard to get members.
Levi's msg is about the only clan invite I see spammed anymore.
What kind of competition are you getting, that you're using new membership numbers as proof?

As I was driving at before, 2500 members out of 20,000 players and 100 clans is ok.
6 months later:
2000 members out of 2500 players and 6 clans does not mean you won the competition.

All I can say is:
It's a good thing we're friends, Dude...

:)

Amack
02-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Haven't you been playing some beta? There were a few days I'm not even sure you were on these forums, I missed you.

You are comparing now to some other unspecific point in time, using theoretical numbers?
I am comparing now, to before DLC3 hit.

What's happening now, is happening now.
What happened to then?
We passed then.
When?
Just now. We're at now now.
Go back to then.
When?
Now.
Now?
Now.
We can't.
Why?
We missed it.
When?
Just now.

crasher
02-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Haven't you been playing some beta? There were a few days I'm not even sure you were on these forums, I missed you.

You may have missed me, but I have faith that your aim will improve.