PDA

View Full Version : Updates and Patches

Darktide
02-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on Defiance in a while and thought I would get stuck back into it but can't get playing because of the number of updates and patches. Do any of you nice people know the total size of these patches etc. I have freed up 12gb on the xbox but I still run out of room.

Please help

N3gativeCr33p
02-13-2014, 07:15 AM
I'm at work right now, but I think it's something close to 20 gigs.

Darktide
02-13-2014, 07:19 AM
20gb !!!!!!!! My God that's a lot. Think I'll need an external hard drive for that. Do you know if you are able to download it straight to the external hard drive or only onto the xbox hard drive

N3gativeCr33p
02-13-2014, 07:41 AM
20gb !!!!!!!! My God that's a lot. Think I'll need an external hard drive for that. Do you know if you are able to download it straight to the external hard drive or only onto the xbox hard drive

Sorry, I don't know exactly... I have no problem with extra storage space on my 360's hard drive, mine's one of the newer 360s that have the 320gb hard drive.

(In its defense, Defiance takes up less room on my 360 than DCUO takes up on my PS4.)

stefb42
02-13-2014, 07:54 AM
i had the same issue after not playing for ages, turned out a lot of the data was corrupt making the game take over 30GB, delete the whole game of your HDD and re-install it, should take about an hour to fully re install including updates, don't worry about losing your character, it will be there when you're done re-installing, now it's only taking up 7.4GB on my hard drive

stefb42
02-13-2014, 08:00 AM
and i know you said you freed up 12GB and i'm saying game is only taking 7.4, but i did the same as you, tried to patch then kept getting told i needed to free space on HDD, i had the HDD showing more available space than the game said it needed, but still it would stop patching and tell me i needed to free space, deleting everything sorted it, on a side note, maybe re-installing takes less space than those who have constantly updated as it could be possible that some older patches are obsolete and no longer required, but remain on the HDD if you ever updated to them, just a thought

Darktide
02-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks I'll give it ago.