PDA

View Full Version : Did Defiance break xbox live?

r2nddan
02-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Last night, I kept getting kicked off xbox live. I thought it was just us defiance players, but i went on my ipad and my friends playing other games had gotten kicked of as well. I sent them an apology for getting them kicked off of Halo, NBA 2k14 etc. Obviously, it was my fault for playing Defiance?

Venom S P
02-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I got that error message last night, a handful off times. So did my clanmates who were on at the time as well. My roommate was playing a different game and he got booted from xbl too. Even though all signs pointed to it being an xbox issue, I still can't quite shake that feeling that it was Defiance-related.

Today; I recently kept getting critical errors, and no xbl error, or internet connection issues on my end.. so here I am on the forums. yay.

Anywho, just wanted to let ya know what happened last night happened to a bunch of us... and I'm pretty sure I speak for the lot of us when I say "I still can't quite shake that feeling that it was Defiance-related."

Amack
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm sure if Defiance was causing any issue with the xbox network, it would be shut down immediately. Most likely it would be the complete opposite, and the network might be causing issues for random games.

r2nddan
02-14-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm sure if Defiance was causing any issue with the xbox network, it would be shut down immediately. Most likely it would be the complete opposite, and the network might be causing issues for random games.

Obviously, we are kinda joking. Kinda...

Amack
02-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Obviously, we are kinda joking. Kinda...

You never know with some people around here. No offense meant.

Morgana
02-14-2014, 07:16 PM
We've looked at things on our end and the Xbox 360 servers look fine!

But, I also know that Microsoft is having a free weekend (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/13/xbox-live-gold-free-this-weekend-for-xbox-360), which is probably the root of the network connectivity problems right now.

r2nddan
02-14-2014, 07:37 PM
We've looked at things on our end and the Xbox 360 servers look fine!

But, I also know that Microsoft is having a free weekend (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/13/xbox-live-gold-free-this-weekend-for-xbox-360), which is probably the root of the network connectivity problems right now. my internet is fine, but the lag on xbox 360 on defiance is unbearable. You cant deny that? Can you?

Venom S P
02-14-2014, 07:43 PM
my internet is fine, but the lag on xbox 360 on defiance is unbearable. You cant deny that? Can you?

AGREED. And I'm sure all the *severe* lag everyone's experiencing right now is due to either all of their individual internet connections, or due to xbox's free weekend, right?

Bonehead
02-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Well let's take this one step at a time shall we?
Stability and lag have never been issues on consoles.
DLCs and patches have never introduced unexpected and negative effects on the game.

Yep it's the free weekend for sure.

Albion
02-14-2014, 08:00 PM
its so bad that i gave up for awhile. i couldnt switch weapons, see the map, or basically move anywhere. there is definitely something wrong.

r2nddan
02-14-2014, 08:02 PM
its so bad that i gave up for awhile. i couldnt switch weapons, see the map, or basically move anywhere. there is definitely something wrong.

Its all in your head. Its fine. Everything is fine. Nothing to see here. Keep moving. We will ignore you until you are quiet. Very quiet.

Venom S P
02-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Happy Valentine's Day from Trion!! Here's a big lump o coal.