PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Kitty: Totally Random?

nathanpbutler
02-14-2014, 07:13 PM
With regard to the pursuit and trophy that requires getting the "Lucky Kitty" title from an Incursion or a 7th Legion Supply Box: Is this TOTALLY random? No standings needed, no score needed, no particular tier of anything, just . . . random?

I've just played my 40th Incursion and have opened three supply boxes, and I've still never gotten the f-ing thing.

stefb42
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
pure luck, i got it at the end of an incursion that i got disconnected from twice and ended up 14th

Market
02-14-2014, 07:30 PM
I'd have to agree with the random luck thing... I've done nearly 40 Incursions, opened a few boxes, and have yet to get it either.

Magick
02-14-2014, 07:31 PM
mine popped on my 1st supply crate from the 7th. I recieved the purple Gashima and 1 blue shield and 1 other legion weapon that all had the unity synergy.

Arsenic_Touch
02-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Purely random. I got mine at serenity academy after only getting 1 kill and afking.

Morgana
02-14-2014, 08:17 PM
There's two ways to get it; as an incursion reward, or from opening a 7th Legion Supply Crate. It is a random chance either way. :)

DSW
02-14-2014, 08:31 PM
There's two ways to get it; as an incursion reward, or from opening a 7th Legion Supply Crate. It is a random chance either way. :)

mod crates doesn't count?

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 09:39 PM
I'd have to agree with the random luck thing... I've done nearly 40 Incursions, opened a few boxes, and have yet to get it either.

Yes, and for those that go roaming around trying to find it, it isn't around as far as I can tell as I only got it from the supply crate and it was just my second supply crate from 7th legion. I use to roam around thinking it had to be an actual kitty statue or something, never found it. :| lol I guess it funny now, but back then I was all serious about finding the Lucky Kitty. Now got the title and its not very useful for anything...

mod crates doesn't count?

It has to be a supply crate from 7th Legion vendor.

Market
02-14-2014, 09:55 PM
After posting in this thread, I went to an Incursion in Mount Tam. Ended up getting the title from it! :)

EDIT:

It's worth mentioning that the Achievement did not pop with gaining the title.

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 10:00 PM
After posting in this thread, I went to an Incursion in Mount Tam. Ended up getting the title from it! :)

EDIT:

It's worth mentioning that the Achievement did not pop with gaining the title.

The same will happen when you get the supply crate... it won't tell you, you got it... I had to find out by randomly checking my pursuits and found that it was completed.

Iceberg
02-14-2014, 10:01 PM
The same will happen when you get the supply crate... it won't tell you, you got it... I had to find out by randomly checking my pursuits and found that it was completed.

Sounds like a great feature!

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a great feature!

I know right.

At least it does say the weapons it gives from the supply crates. However, there times when Tier 4 lock boxes don't even mention that.

internaut
02-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Can someone please explain how Lucky Kitty enhances your game beside the Title change you now can afford?

Escyos
02-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Can someone please explain how Lucky Kitty enhances your game beside the Title change you now can afford?

Can you explain how having an orange weapon enhances your experience? Or a charge blade? Or an M4 truck?

I got Lucky Kitty on my 9th incursion and I was like 20th on the list.

Bonehead
02-15-2014, 01:23 AM
Okay I just started a new toon as I am wont to do sometimes.
I was doing some load out changes and setting up my outfits, ego 69, name of Mushy Snugglebites and BAM!
I got the lucky kitty cheevo.
I don't even remember driving through an incursion but maybe I did.
So yea... totally random.

bigguy
02-15-2014, 06:33 AM
when i got mine the lucky kitty trophy popped on my screen to tell me i got it

N1ghtShadow
02-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Mine popped yesterday. I think it was something like my 9th Incursion, got 5th place. It serves no purpose whatsoever except to bump your EGO rating up a little bit. If you're interested in what it might signify, google "Lucky Kitty wiki" and see what the history is behind it in the anime world.

nathanpbutler
02-15-2014, 10:23 AM
A few hours after I posted this thread, I finally got it. I'd finished one last Incursion before my wife and I finally crashed for the night, and I ended up 1st in a Mt. Tam incursion. Sure enough, the "Lucky Kitty" title joined my title options and checked off that pursuit without any kind of notification on-screen within the game itself. I only noticed because the related trophy "popped" and dinged for attention.

One more 7th Legion pursuit/trophy to go. If only there'd be an incursion in San Francisco . . . (I've seen ONE since the DLC dropped.)

N1ghtShadow
02-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Yeah, catching an Incursion in SF seems like there ought to be a pursuit reward for that in and of itself. I've only been to one and the only way I got into it was by joining/jumping to a clanmate who somehow managed to get into it. I've never seen one pop up on ANY map I've logged into, though. Someone suggested that the best way to find one is to join a WM instance and then leave it, which dumps you onto a server where the SF incursions pop frequently. I dunno how valid that claim is, but I suppose that it's worth trying....

Sonic7870
02-15-2014, 11:33 AM
It is random when you'll get the title I got mine at an incursion at Sausalito after coming 3rd

nathanpbutler
02-15-2014, 11:34 AM
At least there's the arkfall type weekly contract for 7th Legion. It doesn't give much rep, but at least it isn't all contingent upon SF incursions for 7th Legion weeklies.

N3gativeCr33p
02-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Totally random.

Got my Lucky Kitty (and achievement) from the very first 7th Legion box that I opened earlier this afternoon... and one of the 7th Legion samurai outfits, as well.

Bentu
02-15-2014, 05:40 PM
With regard to the pursuit and trophy that requires getting the "Lucky Kitty" title from an Incursion or a 7th Legion Supply Box: Is this TOTALLY random? No standings needed, no score needed, no particular tier of anything, just . . . random?

I've just played my 40th Incursion and have opened three supply boxes, and I've still never gotten the f-ing thing.

I and several clan mates received our Fortunate P#$$ys today. :)

Totally random and nothing to do with hanging around with Cass at the Crater. :)

CRIXDA
02-15-2014, 08:47 PM
right on, Bentu my dear friend.
I am forwarding you the microsoft points tomorrow.
"Fortunate P]_[$$y" indeed.

geez, CR33PER. as hard as I have been trying, I can't find squat in those 7th Legion supply crates except janky shields and crummy weapons and I want Samurai outfits and a Katana.

I love the fact that 4 of us popped the Lucky Kitty today and especially during Our usual Dawn Patrol fun and frivolity.

Giren
02-15-2014, 09:41 PM

I got mine on my 22nd incursion. After that I went on a hot streak of pulling oranges

Telemachus
02-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Have only done 5 incursions and no supply crates, and checked last night. Received the title.

internaut
02-16-2014, 01:12 AM
I and several clan mates received our Fortunate P#$$ys today. :)

Totally random and nothing to do with hanging around with Cass at the Crater. :)
Hey Bentu, you also hang out with Cass at the back of the crater? Which ship container do you use? ;)

Battle5Star
02-16-2014, 01:32 AM
I got mine on my 2nd incursion. :)

Shadow Andreas
02-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Mine was also my 2nd incursion. I saw it pop on the reward screen. :)

seros
02-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Keep an eye on the pursuit. I have no idea when i got mine. It didn't register on screen. This was happening a lot last night i would open boxes , or finish an arkbreak or incursion and nothing would show up on screen.
( i had room in my inventory ) they would show up after but no on screen notice. I had to restart the game for them to show up again.

dramaQkarri
02-18-2014, 09:12 AM

RANDOM: Well THAT is a bad idea, show me any other game that actually has a random PS3 trophy. Absurd. How can you run around thinking such a crazy plan would be ok? Who's the twisted soul that came up with that idea?