PDA

View Full Version : Legendaires still dropping or they still tied to the server population?

Iceberg
02-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Only reason I ask, one of my load outs is still waiting for a grenade legendary to complete the challenge of having all legendary gear equipped. Wasn't sure if Trion changed anything in the last few months to make it a bit easier or what.

Arsenic_Touch
02-14-2014, 09:39 PM
They were never tied to server population. It's all RNG.

Warmaster.
Sieges
Dark matter arkfall
Co-ops.
Rep vendor weapon caches.
Tier 2, 3 and 4 lockboxes.

Iceberg
02-14-2014, 09:42 PM

Warmaster.
Sieges
Dark matter arkfall
Co-ops.

Oh, heard it was a very long time ago. What is a warmaster? Probably DLC.

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 09:43 PM

Warmaster.
Sieges
Dark matter arkfall
Co-ops.

Add Minor arkbreaks too. I get a lot of Volge ARs (typhoon and typhoon-x) as well as the pistol and sniper rifle of the volge in Purples from those minor arkbreaks.

Arsenic_Touch
02-14-2014, 09:44 PM

Pseudo raid boss for DLC 2. It's a raid like encounter with 24 people, but no way to really pick your other 23 players.

Arsenic_Touch
02-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Add Minor arkbreaks too. I get a lot of Volge ARs (typhoon and typhoon-x) as well as the pistol and sniper rifle of the volge in Purples from those minor arkbreaks.

He asked about legendaries, not epics. Minor arkbreaks cannot drop legendaries.

Deunan
02-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Add Minor arkbreaks too. I get a lot of Volge ARs (typhoon and typhoon-x) as well as the pistol and sniper rifle of the volge in Purples from those minor arkbreaks.Purples are not Legendaries. Legendaries are orange.

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 09:46 PM

There is arkfalls like we had back in June 2013, then there the arkbreaks... the major arkbreaks hold the end game boss so to speak called a volge warmaster, it takes a brigade (20 maybe, 30+ will definitely kill it) players to kill it.

The minor ark breaks are just waves, upon waves of enemies that you kill to unlock the ability to open storage containers that can contain random drop items for people to get. Sometimes these items are legendary (purple) and other times it like greens and blues, I hate those times. But it is all totally random.

Iceberg
Ya I don't plan on buying any of the DLC, so just whatever comes with the updates for free.

Nashtalia

Warmaster.
Sieges
Dark matter arkfall
Co-ops.

if i may, does R-N-G stand for something? i've always assumed RNG stood for Roll -N- Go

Nyamara
That I would say is epic, the oranges that is.

Arsenic_Touch
02-14-2014, 09:47 PM
if i may, does R-N-G stand for something? i've always assumed RNG stood for Roll -N- Go

Random number generator.

Arsenic_Touch
02-14-2014, 09:47 PM

Purple is epic. Oranges are legendary.

Deunan
02-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Orange = Legendary
Purple = Epic
Blue = Rare
Green = Uncommon
White = Common

Nashtalia
02-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Random number generator.

oooo000h okay, thanks :)

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Ya I don't plan on buying any of the DLC, so just whatever comes with the updates for free.

You don't have to buy the DLC, just be at the drop sites for them and when someone like me calls one down, then enter it and kill the enemies... out of one time I called down a major arkbreak, I bet you 50% of all those 20+ people hadn't purchased the DLC... and they expect to get good stuff from that... Yeah, TRION needs to stop them from participating or make it so they get crappy gear... but since TRION didn't do that, you can definitely get in on anyone's arkbreaks for now.

Shoogli
02-14-2014, 09:50 PM
[...]
Warmaster.
Sieges
Dark matter arkfall
Co-ops.

So on Arkfalls with big red circle on map containing all the little other circles, only from Monolith then ?
Not from the scrapper contraption that go repair its giant claws, not from hellbug matron and from hellion thingie then ?

Arsenic_Touch
So on Arkfalls with big red circle on map containing all the little other circles, only from Monolith then ?
Not from the scrapper contraption that go repair its giant claws, not from hellbug matron and from hellion thingie then ?

Have never seen any confirmation of anyone receiving a legendary from regular major arkfalls.

Iceberg
Orange = Legendary
Purple = Epic
Blue = Rare
Green = Uncommon
White = Common

Well said, kind sir and/or madam!

Iceberg
02-14-2014, 09:52 PM
You don't have to buy the DLC, just be at the drop sites for them and when someone like me calls one down, then enter it and kill the enemies... out of one time I called down a major arkbreak, I bet you 50% of all those 20+ people hadn't purchased the DLC... and they expect to get good stuff from that... Yeah, TRION needs to stop them from participating or make it so they get crappy gear... but since TRION didn't do that, you can definitely get in on anyone's arkbreaks for now.

Well I completed an incursion and got some 7th legion gun, I tried to equip it and it said error, could not equip. I assuming cause I dont have the 7th legion DLC that will allow me to equip it. Is it the same for any items you get in a arkbreak?

Arsenic_Touch
02-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Well I completed an incursion and got some 7th legion gun, I tried to equip it and it said error, could not equip. I assuming cause I dont have the 7th legion DLC that will allow me to equip it. Is it the same for any items you get in a arkbreak?

That is correct.

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 09:57 PM

That may be because you need to purchase 7th Legion DLC yeah... the Volge weapons I think will do the same if you don't have DLC 2... but I think if there are other weapons in the loot roll (stack that the system chooses from) then you'll be able to get those, but I've yet to see even the warmaster not give out a volge weapon... at least every time I do him...

Arsenic and the others may be a bit better at stating what is likely all in the warmaster's loot roll, but at least from my experience I got tire of getting Typhoons and Sniper rifles all volge.

Iceberg
02-14-2014, 09:59 PM

Ya, I remembered the first DLC, all the free stuff was actually better than all the paid items. I left before DLC 2 dropped so I dunno if they continued that business practice.

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Ya, I remembered the first DLC, all the free stuff was actually better than all the paid items. I left before DLC 2 dropped so I dunno if they continued that business practice.

Originally, I left before the DLC 1 was released... got tired of waiting. However, based on my experience of what was before DLC 3 release and what you can do with it after the release for free... Kind of makes the game feel like it cheats those that pay for the DLC out of money. I mean really the only thing that the DLC really gives is the Faction dailies, weeklies, and the ability to use the items...

The 7th legion items are nothing but reskinned VBI items with a larger clip or faster reload... I mean, that really is all they are...

The volge weapons... well... Against normal content that was around in the past, they rock except the sniper rifle... I rather use a charge rifle from FRC or VBI than to use that of the volge. The Volge AR and pistol though will get you killed faster than detonating an explosive right at your feet using a detonator. Really the pistol is nothing but a fancy detonator... it doesn't even give the flame effect that the Volge pistol did on the show.

The AR, is like shooting 2 or 3 projectiles that explode and if the enemy is close to you, you get hit too... so its take or leave and I rather not use those...

There seems to be an issue to with the volge weapons on the warmaster. I'm not sure if others noticed it, but they do less damage than would be expected. In other words, better off with other weapons other than anything volge related for fights with him.

Shoogli
02-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Have never seen any confirmation of anyone receiving a legendary from regular major arkfalls.

Ha ok, so then hellion, matron, and scrapper are regular major arkfalls, and monolith is a higher "stage" kind of major arkfall ?

It's a bit confusing (not your explanation of course) because then there are minor (volge) arkfalls (redirected), major (warmaster) arkfalls (redirected) and then single minor (bugs, 99ers, mutants) arkfalls (not redirected) and then major ones (not redirected) that have 2 kinds of tiers sort of ?

Bonehead
02-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Ha ok, so then hellion, matron, and scrapper are regular major arkfalls, and monolith is a higher "stage" kind of major arkfall ?

It's a bit confusing (not your explanation of course) because then there are minor (volge) arkfalls (redirected), major (warmaster) arkfalls (redirected) and then single minor (bugs, 99ers, mutants) arkfalls (not redirected) and then major ones (not redirected) that have 2 kinds of tiers sort of ?

Sounds like you've got it Shoog.

Nyamara
02-14-2014, 10:11 PM

The volge ones show up in a clan activities list as "Arkbreaks". The Arkfalls show up as Arkfalls... those are Dark Matter, Hellion, Matron, and scrapper arkfalls. Now, that is confusing because Dark matter major arkfalls land in the same category as other arkfalls... It is even counted in the same for the minor arkfalls like the minor dark matter arkfalls.

Shoogli
02-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Ok, I also forgot they had different names : arkbreaks for those you redirect with a battery and arkfalls for those that you don't !

Sounds like you've got it Shoog.

Lol about time :o I had understood about the differences between them except the Monolith which is a higher tier than Hellion, matron and Scrapper. I always thought Monolith was of the same "scale" as the 3 others. Maybe because of that recent 7th legion contract though...

internaut
02-15-2014, 12:24 AM

You were actually spot with Roll n Go. It works like a slot machine. You pull the lever, it rolls and then you go, with nothing. :)