PDA

View Full Version : Feb 21st live stream questions

Punisher Illinois Blue
02-16-2014, 04:39 PM
I don't know if I am allowed to make this topic but I thought I should because something critically bad has happened and I would have posted this question in this topic if some else had started it.

Questions will be posted after this post...

Punisher Illinois Blue
02-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Their is a major glitch that has prevented me from getting the Incursion-Excursion achievement on the 360, will this be fixed and or can you auto pop it for people that did what their where supposed to do to get the achievement?

Word of warning if you are on your 25 incursion and you time out do not stay in the game and wait for the incursion timer to run out, I got the in game 5 point award for doing 25 incursions but the achievement on the 360 didn't pop, nor did it after
I did my 25-28 incursion.

Punisher Illinois Blue
02-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Also I asked these last week but they were not given to the Trion crew. I know there a lot of lore questions, I hate to ebag, but if the achievement mentioned above can't be fixed could you answer them for me? :o

Why is my friend having trouble using DL3? Half the time he logs in the game acts like he didn't buy dlc3.

Will we ever get laser guns in this game that can shoot through multiple enemies / players? Spartan Laser is this issue be fixed?
a good example of what I am talking about.

Is the Von bach character inspired by Rusty Venture from the Venture Brothers show? They look, sound, and act the same. They both are even locked into a panic room.

Is the War Master aka Sapphire Weapon a shout out to the bonus bosses in Final Fantasy 7? He looks like the long lost brother of Diamond, Amethyst, Ultimate, Ruby, Emerald Weapons.

What is the Sapphire Weapons purpose in the Volge race? Is he only a military leader, a leader of the whole Volge race, or some kind of freak Volge doomsday weapon? Will he be on the show and will the cast have 7 min to beat him or 56 secs? =p

Lore questions I don't mind if I have to wait for an answer for if you have to ask the syfy producers

After playing the game from my understanding Syphon Weapons are the only energy weapons originally made by humans, am I correct saying this?

Lore wise is a syphon weapon a one hit kill weapon? Will they be on the show?

Are Dark Matter considered outcasts like the Thorn liro?

Escyos
02-16-2014, 06:37 PM
After playing the game from my understanding Syphon Weapons are the only energy weapons originally made by humans, am I correct saying this?

Are Dark Matter considered outcasts like the Thorn liro?

I can answer some of these:
1. No, as you may recall we also had the Novas-Strike weapon.
2. The Thorn, as far as we know, are secret and many other Castithans don't know about them. Dark Matter is renegade and continue to fight for what they believe, outcast perhaps but I imagine that the VC would form an alliance with them if it suited them.

DarkGin87
02-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Okay I got some questions

1) Since the next DLC has co op maps and is also making DLC 1 arena's co op, how will that work for people who don't own DLC 1 ?

Will they be allowed in if someone invites them but just not get the reward ?

or

No they won't be allowed

2) will we ever get cooper's hat to wear ?

3) last 4th of July you made a armour for that day, how come there was no Christmas armour or valentines armour?

im sure people wanted to dress up in pink power armour and run around

4) how come the defiance store for outfits is not getting updated as often as before ? it shouldn't be tooo hard to rehash the same outfit with different colours

5) will we ever get a scope for bmgs since there is a mod slot for it ?

6) will there ever be a transfer/bank system? for example if I wanna transfers cash or weapons to another character or even some were to hide my stash of orange weapons

7) co op races ?

8) what about a ingame achievement system ? sort of like pursuits but in a form that you are rewarded for what you have done( like the clan activities for extra loot or extra damage )

9) We have shadow wars so how about clan wars were clans of 6v6 or 8v8 can verse in shadow wars?
I know you can do it not with a little tuning of joining through clan members

but it wold be a new way to somehow reward clans for teamwork on a larger scale

10) Can we get the helbug helmet ? :D

DSW
02-16-2014, 09:41 PM
The arkfall cover pieces do an enormous amounts of damage on collision, if we updated the enemies to deal the same damage you wouldn't be able to run over them in the open world.

why and what for did you add such amount of collision damage there?
===
will there ever be a fix for Thunderer/Typhoon models being a pile of steaming shtako that even can't display added mods in case of Typhoon rifles?
===
why was Paradise vendor added in first place, what purpose it serves?

6) will there ever be a transfer/bank system? for example if I wanna transfers cash or weapons to another character or even some were to hide my stash of orange weapons

i'd like to see it too. though i'd settle for ability to push items back to Claims section. it's not about money, because i can go and buy another inv. slots pack, it's about ability to stash away unused items that i have no plans for selling or salvaging.

Mercy Killing
02-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Why in God's good name did you not make this a traditional MMO from day one? Now it's this abused, forgotted red-headed stepchild of gaming. Be decent and either fix it or take it out to pasture, TRION.

Seriously, this game had so much potential.

N1ghtShadow
02-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Question: can something PLEASE be done about all the griefing that goes on in Warmaster instances? People popping locks when there's only a handful of players in and people waiting around upstairs while everyone else gets slaughtered- those two things, in particular, are really starting to tick a LOT of people off.

Some suggestions:
1) The only people who can pop the locks are those who dropped the batteries.
2) Locks can only be popped when there are 20 or more players in the arena.
3) Activity-timers are applied to all players- if someone doesn't take damage at least once every 30 seconds after the locks have been popped, they get punted from the instance.
4) Have EGO (the voice/actress) be a little more instructive for the n00bs. I'm not saying that she's partly responsible for people going Leroy Jenkins on us, but she totally is.

Elastik Spastik
02-17-2014, 02:39 AM
Can we have a ultimate arkbreak that has 2 warmasters and a 64 player instance please. Imagine the carnage.

Bonehead
02-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Can we have a ultimate arkbreak that has 2 warmasters and a 64 player instance please. Imagine the carnage.

You know Spaz I hate to hear myself say it because I'm an old hippy and belive strongly that everyone should play this game however the hell they want to but until they do something about the blue glare that cold fire weapons create and to a lesser extent the bmgs I think I'm gonna pass on any epic events for a while. I can't believe how many I still see at major arkbreaks.

Fuzzy
02-17-2014, 03:10 AM
Well, let's see. First livestream without dahanese and Greg :( Hopefully, we'll get some of our questions answered.

1. Server stability in the last few days. Yesterday evening, it was almost unplayable on PC EU. About a month ago, a shard like this would've just crashed. After a nice crash, everything was fine.
Enemies were rubber banding, you couldn't swap weapons nor spawn your vehicle.
This wasn't just last night, it's almost every night. I don't know if it's that bad on PC NA as well (or on the consoles for that matter) but unplayable on PC EU.

2. Conflict sites (daylies) are not giving you the key code reward sometimes. Especially my clan loses a whole bunch of keys because we're at clan rank 3 and get an extra key for every activity.
Sometimes, none of my clanmates gets keys, sometimes they partly get keys and sometimes all get keys.
Live support said it's a bug and has noting to do with damage dealt.

3. It's really nice you let two incursions spawn at once. But then again... I don't understand the system.
There is literally NOTHING going on in San Fran. No arkfall, no siege, no nothing. But instead of spawning an incursion in San Fran I see two or three incursions spawn in a row in Madera.
We just finished one, two seconds later, while I'm still collecting loot, I get the indicator again "Incursion in madera".
As much as I like the Kenn Farm, this needs to be looked at again.
Up to now, I saw San Fran two times. And I play a lot. I'm looking in different shards all the time. We have a huge clan who is in different shards and everyone writes in clan chat if there is an incursion in San Fran.
So please! There is an issue and it needs to be looked at again.

4. Loot/reward-system. I'm only buying T3 lockboxes. In average, I get at least 2 legendaries a day, just from these lockboxes.
Friend of mine plays more than I do, buys more boxes than I do and gets in average 2 legendaries in a week.
So, we both buy T3 boxes, we both buy at the same place.
ATM, the chance at a legendary is just pure luck. This should be changed.
Like, make sure in a certain time period people get the same amount of legendaries.
A system, which "remembers" what each player got from the boxes and sees "oh, that player hasn't got a legendary in a long time. It's time for him to get one" or "that player has got a lot of legendaries lately. It's time that stops."
I know that would require a lot of work but I don't know why I am so lucky. I'm not complaining about getting ojs. I'm really glad. There was a time when I didn't get anything. It's just that others who play more than I do don't get rewarded for their hard work.
ATM, this system just feels unfair and I can understand everyone who says so. So it should be changed to a bit more fairer system, although I don't think you'll ever implement it =/

MagnusRune Daltus
02-17-2014, 03:11 AM
1) The only people who can pop the locks are those who dropped the batteries.
2) Locks can only be popped when there are 20 or more players in the arena.
3) Activity-timers are applied to all players- if someone doesn't take damage at least once every 30 seconds after the locks have been popped, they get punted from the instance.

on point 1, wouldn't work. to many times ive put down the 4 spikes, then get crit error-ed.
2. think they said before they cant do that, all they could do was make the room before hand harder so you would need 20 people to do it.
3. i think that's silly way to do it, sometimes i go a good min with out being hit in there, maybe, once the floor is open to do down, you have 30 secs to jump down. so if you die, you have time to get ammo from box and jump nothing else.

as for the players upstairs, some do it on purpose (COUGH LUNA COUGH) and stand there dancing, putting messages in the team channel saying how crap everyone else in there is, after breaking the locks with 15 people in there and attacking the Wm with a BMG.
So somtimes it is people who genuinely have no idea how to do it, other times its some lvl 5000 person trying to piss everyone else off in there. (oh and failing as we killed the WM that time)

Elastik Spastik
02-17-2014, 03:37 AM
You know Spaz I hate to hear myself say it because I'm an old hippy and belive strongly that everyone should play this game however the hell they want to but until they do something about the blue glare that cold fire weapons create and to a lesser extent the bmgs I think I'm gonna pass on any epic events for a while. I can't believe how many I still see at major arkbreaks.

Hehe. I oonly pop in one from time to time but I have noticed that cant see where im shooting when a few people are using those weapons.

DSW
02-17-2014, 05:49 AM

i think you should switch BMG and volge in your statement: 2-3 BMGers with Shield Spanners near you = you can't see anything, even if it's the size of WM or raging hulker :/

DSW
02-17-2014, 05:58 AM
3. It's really nice you let two incursions spawn at once. But then again... I don't understand the system.
There is literally NOTHING going on in San Fran. No arkfall, no siege, no nothing. But instead of spawning an incursion in San Fran I see two or three incursions spawn in a row in Madera.
We just finished one, two seconds later, while I'm still collecting loot, I get the indicator again "Incursion in madera".
As much as I like the Kenn Farm, this needs to be looked at again.
Up to now, I saw San Fran two times. And I play a lot. I'm looking in different shards all the time. We have a huge clan who is in different shards and everyone writes in clan chat if there is an incursion in San Fran.
So please! There is an issue and it needs to be looked at again.

SF incursions are rare, yes, but i usually get to at least 2 or 3 of them per week. just had one this morning after server restart.

jackdaws_1999
02-17-2014, 06:00 AM
The Hive Mind at Midgard would like to ask the following:

1) Repeat questions from last week about Clan Homes hidden in specific instances for each clan, with the enterence at the Crater.

2) How about that scoring system during seiges and incursions? Gonna change it so it makes more sence? Like with 1000+ people how come the scores for teir 10 are so damned hard to get in mount tam. How about people healing others getting 5000 and people who do damage only getting 2000 when killing a hulker?

3) Can we please get some new raid bosses that arent timed, just REDICULOUSLY tough?

4) Can you please put teleporting to clan mates high up on the needs to do list?

5) We need either bigger groups, or raid groups of up to 24 people. we really do need this!

6) When are the magic enemies who pop in and out of phase going to go away and stop stealing our candy!? And what did we do to annoy the vehicle gods.. I swear I did nothing to their cornflakes!

7) Please make the co-op stuff open to more than 4 people, make it 8, and double the enemies health and damage. Or even make it so that upto 8 can take part, but it will start once a group or two groups join?

8) Clan Homes Please.

9) Boxes to store stuff in, we would even PAY!

10) There are several issues that dropped with DLC2, enemies popping in and out being one, that were existing bugs that you had fixed, but re-appeared. Is there any plan to fix these before DLC4 comes out? If Not, When?

Again, Hive mind stops at 10... cause we would go on and on and on otherwise...

Fuzzy
02-17-2014, 06:11 AM
SF incursions are rare, yes, but i usually get to at least 2 or 3 of them per week. just had one this morning after server restart.

They really are rare. I'm not just thinking about myself here. There is a whole bunch of people who are only able to play a few hours a day after a day at work.
We shouldn't have to chase after the SF incursion. It should spawn. And why does Madera spawn three times in a row and SF doesn't?
That just doesn't make sense and that should be changed.

N3gativeCr33p
02-17-2014, 06:29 AM

Then that makes two of us who don't completely understand it... over the course of playing this weekend, I only saw two Incursions spawn at the same time ONCE. That's right, Trion... ONCE.

And on a side note, ever since the new "DLC" dropped, I still have yet to see a Marin Incursion spawn over on the NA/360 servers.

My questions for this week:

When can we expect to see easier/more conducive ways to earn Paradise and Echelon reputation?

Will your player base ever have the option of being able to "go to clan member" in addition to the current ability of "go to friend"?

When will the game's server stability be repaired? (Just look at all of the "game took a shtako all over the floor" threads for an example.)

Arsenic_Touch
02-17-2014, 06:31 AM
5) will we ever get a scope for bmgs since there is a mod slot for it ?

They already added one. It extends the range. Shows up as a vendor special.

Drewbud
02-17-2014, 07:07 AM
Mods, as they are, the term cluster shouldn't be applied to shot.
1) Can we have all bullet mods work on any bullet type gun, let all explosive type mods work on any gun that uses explosives as ammo? This would cut the number of mods by like 1/8th. Making Mod management at your an our end much easier.

2) Can at least have the correct specials at the correct spots. You can always get a pistol mod and a sniper mod in the shotgun vender. It was said they're rolling the regular mod specials, but it's only pistols and snipers there.

3) Can we see no more green specials? They're not special. The waste a spot. Vender Specials should be blue or better.

N1ghtShadow
02-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Speaking of mod management...

Bug N Chug's Mod vendor: specials offered are for snipers and pistols, but the mods are for shotguns.
Overpass's Mod vendor: specials offered are for shotguns, detonators and RL's, but the mods are for detonators and RL's only.
Muir's Mod vendor: specials offered are for pistols and snipers, but mods are for snipers only.
The Crater's Mod vendor: specials offered are for detonators and pistols, mods are for pistols only.

The only Mods vendors that have specials related to the mods sold are at Iron Demon and Coit Tower. I know you're proud of your map and you like it when we tour around in it an' all that jazz, but seriously? If I don't go to a grocery store to buy a car, what makes you think I would want to go to a shotgun mod vendor to buy sniper mods? Fix, please!

dramaQkarri
02-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Mods, as they are, the term cluster shouldn't be applied to shot.
1) Can we have all bullet mods work on any bullet type gun, let all explosive type mods work on any gun that uses explosives as ammo? This would cut the number of mods by like 1/8th. Making Mod management at your an our end much easier.

2) Can at least have the correct specials at the correct spots. You can always get a pistol mod and a sniper mod in the shotgun vender. It was said they're rolling the regular mod specials, but it's only pistols and snipers there.

3) Can we see no more green specials? They're not special. The waste a spot. Vender Specials should be blue or better.

+1

For crying out loud, there are so many issues with mods not working and certain synergies not doing what they say (after extensive testing by some of my fellow clan mates we know this is TRUE), this simplification of the mod system might be a good idea and fix the issues, or at least some of them.

Also: MOD VENDOR SPECIALS = NOT SPECIAL with the shtako synergies like EGO Precision, Scavenger or two of the same mod with no synergy showing up as "Specials". For the love of modding weapons, would you PUT THE FRIGGIN BLUE MODS IN THE VENDOR ALL THE TIME WITH A HIGHER PRICE OR SOMETHING! And then when you have "specials" they can be a special PRICE, not just special for being in the vendor. We want to MOD OUR WEAPONS and we can't find the right mods. How this is so hard to progam is beyond me. It's been this way for far too long. And I'm sure a lot of people want PURPLE mods in there too. Why you would make most mods mostly unavailable is just twisted and nasty.
LET
US
BUY
THE
MODS
WE
WANT
ALL
THE
TIME
FOR A
HIGHER
PRICE

Stop ignoring this issue. It shows us you don't care at all.

4ndreas
02-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Has there been an update in the schedule as to when you will allow players to Reset Weapon Mastery Points AND the Mastery Bonus? You talked about it last year but nothing has been heard of since :(

BIEBERyoloSWAG
02-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Reroll mastery rolls...will this ever happen. A lot of rumors have died off as of recent due to the patch notes that said its only for weapons that didn't get an XP Mastery. Please verify if this will happen to all guns?

TremerChrist
02-17-2014, 11:07 AM
I would like to ask again, even though I have never seen this question answered. Are you e er going to do anything for high ego players and their ability to trade gear. Its hard to sell high ego gear and I'm not going to start another toon. Starting to get bored without the trading and selling I used to do. Pretty much takes away the social aspects of the game for me.:(

BIEBERyoloSWAG
02-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Has there been an update in the schedule as to when you will allow players to Reset Weapon Mastery Points AND the Mastery Bonus? You talked about it last year but nothing has been heard of since :(

I asked right after you. I would like to see this. Lots of people asking for it. Please make it happen trion

4ndreas
02-17-2014, 11:35 AM
I asked right after you.

Yeah about half an hour, you must type veeeery slow :P

Arran
02-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Are you going to fix the extraction point at kenn farm siege. On several occasions myself and clan members have extracted only to be put outside the "siege zone" and lose all rewards as the timer ran out. Also has happened at other locations but can't remember which ones.

Also any new news on when we will get the shield overhall. Been hoarding several 5k ego arks in the hope they get a buff & become more desirable :)

justifiable187
02-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Is the Von bach character inspired by Rusty Venture from the Venture Brothers show? They look, sound, and act the same. They both are even locked into a panic room.

Scott Hartsman answered this, at least the look, at the beginning of the 2/14/2014 livestream.

22:15, Question from the livestream "Scott, how do you feel about Von Bach in Defiance being modeled after you?"

Scott Hartsman, "Interesting point. Von Bach in Defiance was not actually modeled after me. Von Bach in Defiance was modeled after a gentleman whose name you may have heard of from Trion's past, Lars Buttler. It was quite literally modeled from... the 'original,' original was modeled from 3D pictures of him, and the artist did a phenomenal job nailing that one."

Now for the side-by-side
http://cdn.defiance.com/defiance/images/game/environment/characters/karlvonbach.pnghttp://img2.findthecompany.com/sites/default/files/3105/media/images/Lars_Buttler_1343679.jpg

Overtkill21
02-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Reroll mastery rolls...will this ever happen. A lot of rumors have died off as of recent due to the patch notes that said its only for weapons that didn't get an XP Mastery. Please verify if this will happen to all guns?

I seriously doubt this will happen, and I'll bet they ignore the question (no offense to you, just history) - but you deserve an answer so here you go:

No.

BlaqWolf
02-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Question:

When will we be able to see what Mods [i.e. names of] we have affixed to weapons??

hey u
02-17-2014, 07:07 PM
When will you buff up health on everything? 5-10 shot if that for a kill is growing dull.

Please don't say we are working on it or soon just tell us HOW LONG.

HeatherQc
02-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Will they be a way to higher up the roll for 7th legion outfit? Or make them available separately in the vendor or in the store ( free for those that have the "DLC")

I haven't got any luck with supply crate. And I could care less about the lame 7th legion weapons or shield.

Buying them with 100 rep points that take FOREVER to get and (on ps3) THERE IS NO SAN FRAN INCURSION, since the "DLC" came out I haven't saw one!!

You should lower the supply crate cost for 7th legion or give daily and weekly 7th legion rep points

Nashtalia
02-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Will they be a way to higher up the roll for 7th legion outfit? Or make them available separately in the vendor or in the store ( free for those that have the "DLC")

I haven't got any luck with supply crate. And I could care less about the lame 7th legion weapons or shield.

Buying them with 100 rep points that take FOREVER to get and (on ps3) THERE IS NO SAN FRAN INCURSION, since the "DLC" came out I haven't saw one!!

You should lower the supply crate cost for 7th legion or give daily and weekly 7th legion rep points

i can vouche for the quote above about the chances with the clothing pieces, i've hit up 8 supply boxes and i've never gotten a LEGION clothing piece....

DSW
02-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Question:

When will we be able to see what Mods [i.e. names of] we have affixed to weapons??

you're able to do it for ages. go to Salvage Matrix, select you weapon and press Retrieve. it will display the list of all attached mods.

hey u
02-17-2014, 07:40 PM

I've seen 2 incursions down in San Fran but are duper rare. They drop less than prosperity in 99 on PS3 for me.

Midori
02-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Civilian clothing?
You know, for a game that is set in the same world as the show, we are missing all those civilian clothes and the show is missing all our power ranger armor. Besides armor is only purely cosmetic anyway.

DSW
02-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Civilian clothing?
You know, for a game that is set in the same world as the show, we are missing all those civilian clothes and the show is missing all our power ranger armor. Besides armor is only purely cosmetic anyway.

nolan's outfit isn't enough for you? :)

SICK_VENDETTA
02-17-2014, 09:20 PM
can we trade faction stuff. and can the WM be scaled w/ # of people

j3crow
02-17-2014, 10:09 PM

There are already a couple of other threads on this, but I agree. It would be nice if the outfits were simply tied to the title and status achievements. That would make it seem like we were 'playing through content' to achieve the reward, and that the status gain and titles mean something. Right now, I don't know that they do, at least with 7th Legion.

I'm hoping that they'll speak to the 7th legion vendor issue on the live stream

hey u
02-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Can you take out any and all turrets that help me kill things when I play as I don't need them at all and also make it so the npc do less damage? As it stands I don't really need their help and any damage they do just makes whatever I'm doing go by that more faster and way lesser fun.

Drewbud
02-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Can you take out any and all turrets that help me kill things when I play as I don't need them at all and also make it so the npc do less damage? As it stands I don't really need their help and any damage they do just makes whatever I'm doing go by that more faster and way lesser fun.
No offense, but I have seen some of the newer players, not quite struggling but, if you take away anything that helps other people, then it's not just effecting you. Try and remember that you are not the only one playing this game, it needs to be fun for everyone, not just you.

hey u
02-18-2014, 12:31 AM
No offense, but I have seen some of the newer players, not quite struggling but, if you take away anything that helps other people, then it's not just effecting you. Try and remember that you are not the only one playing this game, it needs to be fun for everyone, not just you.

OK. The game is simple and needs more of a real challenge up in it. Everything doesn't need to be able to be played with other people. It should be ok if your skills are not up to tackle that event and is why you have everything else up in Defiance to play. Teamwork will help other players forcing players if they so choose to participate in the event to work together or you die too often or no rewards or crap rewards. If it's too hard then go play some co-op maps or anything else up in the game but come on give us something of a REAL CHALLENGE WITHIN THE GAME besides staying connected to the server without a hard lock or a critical your connection to the Defiance servers has timed out message like just now with me.

Whenever I play the game I personally hate it when people I know come and help me on certain things as it's no fun because they steal my kills and a already simple to kill enemy and no real teamwork is put into the match.

Drewbud
02-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Ok I see what you mean. I thought you wanted EVERYTHING increased. I apologize for my misconception. I would also like some things that are more difficult. I don't mean something on a timer either. The WM could be better IF the time limit was gone and the number of players was maybe slightly reduced. Then you would have to work together or spend a half an hour for the same rewards. Personally tho, I get tired of sitting in front of the locks waiting for more people also. Not quite sure how you can FORCE players to do anything ever lol.

EDIT: BTW the best way I've found to play the game in hard mode as it is, is to go to your perks page and un-equip all of them. It's no where near what it should be, but it will add a little difficulty. You could always use low level whites for your shield and weapons also.

Atticus Batman
02-18-2014, 03:48 AM
can we trade faction stuff. and can the WM be scaled w/ # of people

trading faction stuff would be dumb. If you really want that stuff then do the work for it, like everyone else does. Not everything needs to be tradable. Anything dropped or won should be, but nothing from a rep vendor should or needs to be traded.

justifiable187
02-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Will we ever see the RED destroy the crystal type major arkfall again?

I realize there was an exploit using a charge blade and damage spike, but having only one type of arkfall - kill whatever enemy shows up - becomes rather repetitious.

Etaew
02-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Not had any word on how the next livestream format will be, or if they want questions gathered or summarised. However i will be doing it for my own sanity Thursday morning UK time.

N3gativeCr33p
02-18-2014, 08:03 AM
Will Trion ever respond to their player base more often now, than has happened in the past? (The utter lack of communication from someone/anyone over on that side of the fence just isn't a good thing.)

Will the daily and weekly lockboxes ever have better "rewards" than they currently have? (Getting a meager 500 ark salvage/500 scrip in a daily box doesn't really make me want to race home from work to open up my daily lockbox and get disappointed for the umpteenth time.)

Can our stockpiles of ark batteries ever get an increase from the maximum of four that they're set at now?

Will the WarMaster instancing ever be fixed? The timer is all kinds of erratic nine times out of ten.

Shadow Andreas
02-18-2014, 08:29 AM
I have 2 questions that I don't believe were answered previously because the questions were not translated or understood.

1- On the main map....can challenges show with the color of the medal you have achieved? I do not want a leaderboard....I want to look at my map and see what I still have to complete without looking at the details of the challenge. For example, if I have not gotten a medal on Mini-Gun Mayhem....it shows as the standard yellow. If I have a silver on that challenge....the map symbol for that challenge would be silver.

2- Can we have a way, when viewing our weapons, to show which mods actually match the synergy? For example.....if I have a gun that is Assassin synergy and have it completely modified but only the barrel matches the assassin synergy....the barrel would be colored green while the other slots would show red.

dramaQkarri
02-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by BlaqWolf Question:

you're able to do it for ages. go to Salvage Matrix, select you weapon and press Retrieve. it will display the list of all attached mods.

@ DSW - On PS3, we used to be able to see the synergy the way you describe, but now we can't see mod synergy until we actually go ahead and retrieve the mods. I believe it got wrecked with the DLC 1 launch. Last time I checked it still was broken...haven't checked again since DLC 3 and patch last week.

dramaQkarri
02-18-2014, 09:04 AM
AMMO AT DIABLO LIGHTHOUSE?
So whenever we do the arena, we come out with very little ammo - even for guns we didn't use in there. I understand this bug might be hard to find and fix, so a big help would be an ammo box at or near the lighthouse. Even if I fill my ammo just before leaving arena, it's gone when I get out. Kind of a PITA.

Etaew
02-18-2014, 09:09 AM
AMMO AT DIABLO LIGHTHOUSE?

Was answered recently: http://www.defiancedata.com/question.php?id=263

SICK_VENDETTA
02-18-2014, 09:12 AM
trading faction stuff would be dumb. If you really want that stuff then do the work for it, like everyone else does. Not everything needs to be tradable. Anything dropped or won should be, but nothing from a rep vendor should or needs to be traded.

do you not know how rare it is to get a purple scavenger mod>?

as well as it being useless for some one who dosnt even have that syn yet alone what gun its on

they prob will make it tradeable just like the volge battle rifle.

explain to me how it would be dumb?

i have taychon V shields that are not my cup of tea but theres someone out there looking for one.

masterfarr
02-18-2014, 09:12 AM
I like Defiance really, what are the next plans for Defiance?
I'm not talking here of the Season2 but rather what comes next?

Eliminates the bugs ... vehicle reset .... and other really annoying

Will there be with one of the next two DLC's territorial expansion? New vehicles? New enemies? or more quests?

Please say something to :)

Greetings farr

dramaQkarri
02-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Was answered recently: http://www.defiancedata.com/question.php?id=263

Almost an answer. "Probably" can mean any number of outcomes - I'd like a more yes/no thing but I know that won't happen. Thanks!

dramaQkarri
02-18-2014, 09:22 AM

Disagree. A lot of players like trading so much, that they end up maxing out their vendor rep and then not doing contracts. Self included. I don't like any of the faction weapons enough to bother buying them at this point, and if I get weary of using one and then can't trade it, what, break it down?

I'm of the opposite mind, we should be able to trade absolutely EVERYTHING we own! Cars, clothes, inventory slots, ALL of it. Maybe even titles, eh? Honestly the game economy has swung back and forth so many times I don't see how this could make the economy worse.

I'd like to be able to mod my ride too but I know that's a whole line of programming by itself so doubt we'd ever see it in Defiance.

TremerChrist
02-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Is today's patch going to do something about POS phase? Third time in 4 days that I logged out over frustration. Get stuck in a lagged out phase and can't get out. Must be the free live weekend spilling over til Tuesday.

N3gativeCr33p
02-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Must be the free live weekend spilling over til Tuesday.

Hoo boy... here we go again. Where's the Tylenol?

cuba 666
02-18-2014, 11:44 AM
If I spend over 1000 dollars on inventory. Why if I want to start a new character I can't give those inventory slots, I have deleted characters with almost 160 to 190 inventory and I never got them back.....this slot that we purchases should go in our claims every time we start a new character like the blade mods,and others items, that's is fair....and I do have a character high ego with alot, and trust alots of inventory slots....and I can't delete him..because he's value is almost 800 dollars real money.....if anyone could fix this in the future will be great...

DSW
02-18-2014, 12:25 PM
@ DSW - On PS3, we used to be able to see the synergy the way you describe, but now we can't see mod synergy until we actually go ahead and retrieve the mods. I believe it got wrecked with the DLC 1 launch. Last time I checked it still was broken...haven't checked again since DLC 3 and patch last week.

nah, it was working with DLC1, it was DLC2 or post-DLC2 patches that broke it. not completely, though. if you're lucky enough, you will see the mod syn...

4ndreas
02-18-2014, 12:26 PM
If I spend over 1000 dollars on inventory. Why if I want to start a new character I can't give those inventory slots, I have deleted characters with almost 160 to 190 inventory and I never got them back.....this slot that we purchases should go in our claims every time we start a new character like the blade mods,and others items, that's is fair....and I do have a character high ego with alot, and trust alots of inventory slots....and I can't delete him..because he's value is almost 800 dollars real money.....if anyone could fix this in the future will be great...

Why would you delete him? Except for FREE storage on alt chars this game gives NO rational reason for alts AT ALL.

hey u
02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Any plans on letting us reset our skills and set up some kind of prestige system with rewards?

Lightningman
02-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Any plans on adding 7th Legion rep to daily and weekly rewards? And if the answer is yes, then when would we see this implemented?

rebtattoo
02-18-2014, 02:42 PM
When will you buff up health on everything? 5-10 shot if that for a kill is growing dull.

Please don't say we are working on it or soon just tell us HOW LONG.Going to disagree with my clan mate here. While I do agree that his ideas would be nice, please don't.

Please don't do anything to mechanics that are actually working {albeit, not to every ones taste}. My only concern if you do is what number of things you'll screw up in the process!

Until you can assure that you won't be repeating history, don't do it.

Fix DLC 1. People have paid for this. They are still not getting what was advertised.
Fix DLC 2. People have paid for this. They are still not getting what was advertised.
Fix DLC 3. No matter how much C was lacking, people have paid for this. They are not getting what was advertised.

Assign someone to comment daily on threads of pertinent interest. Please refrain from commenting on the fluff threads, believe me you'll have your hands full commenting on the numerous threads that warrant attention. When commenting, please refrain from using these worn out and tired phrases:
1. We're working on it. We know that you're working on it, or at least supposed to be. That's what y'all do, you work on the game and we play it. Give us clear and concise answers.
2. We're looking into it. See above
3. Soon. We're tired of hearing this. Every plan has a schedule. Fill us in on the schedule. If the schedule changes, let us know in a timely manner. I.E. "We're working on the vehicle houdini issue. we're looking at 2 weeks to nail it down and get a fix. We'll let you know if that changes." See how easy that is?

Assign some of the devs and/or coders game playing time on all platforms. This way they can actually see the different issues that arise on each. It amazes me that no one there plays this on PS3. There can't be, otherwise, a lot of these issues would be noticed and fixed quicker.

Listen to you player base. I guarantee we play a helluva lot more than you do!

These could hold true for the live stream itself. Communicate with your player base. It's amazing how communication can make things run smoothly.

dramaQkarri
02-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Going to disagree with my clan mate here. While I do agree that his ideas would be nice, please don't.

Please don't do anything to mechanics that are actually working {albeit, not to every ones taste}. My only concern if you do is what number of things you'll screw up in the process!

Until you can assure that you won't be repeating history, don't do it.

Fix DLC 1. People have paid for this. They are still not getting what was advertised.
Fix DLC 2. People have paid for this. They are still not getting what was advertised.
Fix DLC 3. No matter how much C was lacking, people have paid for this. They are not getting what was advertised.

Assign someone to comment daily on threads of pertinent interest. Please refrain from commenting on the fluff threads, believe me you'll have your hands full commenting on the numerous threads that warrant attention. When commenting, please refrain from using these worn out and tired phrases:
1. We're working on it. We know that you're working on it, or at least supposed to be. That's what y'all do, you work on the game and we play it. Give us clear and concise answers.
3. Soon. We're tired of hearing this. Every plan has a schedule. Fill us in on the schedule. If the schedule changes, let us know in a timely manner. I.E. "We're working on the vehicle houdini issue. we're looking at 2 weeks to nail it down and get a fix. We'll let you know if that changes." See how easy that is?

Assign some of the devs and/or coders game playing time on all platforms. This way they can actually see the different issues that arise on each. It amazes me that no one there plays this on PS3. There can't be, otherwise, a lot of these issues would be noticed and fixed quicker.

These could hold true for the live stream itself. Communicate with your player base. It's amazing how communication can make things run smoothly.

+1 - well said. It's difficult to take having our intelligence insulted by being told those "coming soon" answers. The player base in general is smarter about computers/consoles than the average person and it would be nice if you'd talk UP to us instead of DOWN to us. We are Defiance. We are smart.

Market
02-18-2014, 03:35 PM

If I had a dime for every convo with Dahanese I've had along these lines, I'd be so very rich... lol I couldn't agree with this more than I do already.

As for on-topic, I have a rather self-serving question... so I apologize ahead of time. lol

Question: Trick, I was told that Dah sent you the Mod Vendor research I've done. My question is two parts.
1. Have you had a chance to look it over as of yet?
2. If so, do you see the glaring differences in what Mod Vendors offer for specials?

I understand that this is a low priority issue currently, but I want to make sure this doesn't get lost in the shuffle of problems. Too many things have gone to the wayside in recent months and this is a "quality of game life" thing that shouldn't be forgotten.

Dartaan
02-18-2014, 04:38 PM
I have been in many minor call down arkfalls where I am first and my clan members (who are family so I know what they get) are lower ranking and get better weapon loot. Why is this? If I am not as good than why am I first? If I am first why don't I get better weapons?

Market
02-18-2014, 04:46 PM
I have been in many minor call down arkfalls where I am first and my clan members (who are family so I know what they get) are lower ranking and get better weapon loot. Why is this? If I am not as good than why am I first? If I am first why don't I get better weapons?

Score has nothing to do with loot quality, it's all up to the RNG. The only exception to this is within Sieges where your score determines what Tier of loot box you get. It's still up to the RNG what you get from those boxes. Once you hit the minimum score needed for the highest Tier box in an event (40k in a Volge Siege, 27k for Mutant/Afflicted), increasing your score does nothing to improve the chance at better rewards.

Market
02-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Okay, I have another question.

What's with the severe, game-killing, daily lag that many of us are seeing on the 360NA? There are multiple reports in the Bugs section that have yet to receive a response and just before I was booted, there were a dozen or more people talking about it in Zone Chat. A few chimed in that they weren't having an issue, but the majority of those talking said they couldn't swap weapons, fire, open the map, etc.

What's causing this? Is it under investigation? Possible solution?

I've had my share of disconnects, but this daily lag is a fairly new one by me.

rebtattoo
02-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Okay, I have another question.

What's with the severe, game-killing, daily lag that many of us are seeing on the 360NA? There are multiple reports in the Bugs section that have yet to receive a response and just before I was booted, there were a dozen or more people talking about it in Zone Chat. A few chimed in that they weren't having an issue, but the majority of those talking said they couldn't swap weapons, fire, open the map, etc.

What's causing this? Is it under investigation? Possible solution?

I've had my share of disconnects, but this daily lag is a fairly new one by me.Welcome to the world of PS...Oh, nevermind!

Market
02-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the world of PS...Oh, nevermind!

I've said it before, I'll likely say it again, that you have my deepest sympathies... If this last week is just a taste of what you guys have been suffering with from the start, I can't even imagine how the PS3 people can stand it. Every time this has hit the 360NA in the last week it's made the game totally unplayable. No map, no swapping weapons, no grouping, nothing dies... well, except the connection... lol

Amack
02-18-2014, 06:12 PM
If I had a dime for every convo with Dahanese I've had along these lines, I'd be so very rich... lol I couldn't agree with this more than I do already.

As for on-topic, I have a rather self-serving question... so I apologize ahead of time. lol

Question: Trick, I was told that Dah sent you the Mod Vendor research I've done. My question is two parts.
1. Have you had a chance to look it over as of yet?
2. If so, do you see the glaring differences in what Mod Vendors offer for specials?

I understand that this is a low priority issue currently, but I want to make sure this doesn't get lost in the shuffle of problems. Too many things have gone to the wayside in recent months and this is a "quality of game life" thing that shouldn't be forgotten.

While the live streams are great and we appreciate it very much. Communication is key to everything in life, this game is no exception. When select people (even if they are a pain in the rear) have legitimate concerns for the game, they should never be ignored. Never.

hey u
02-18-2014, 06:32 PM
I've said it before, I'll likely say it again, that you have my deepest sympathies... If this last week is just a taste of what you guys have been suffering with from the start, I can't even imagine how the PS3 people can stand it. Every time this has hit the 360NA in the last week it's made the game totally unplayable. No map, no swapping weapons, no grouping, nothing dies... well, except the connection... lol

PS3 looks so good on my TV and is why I play Defiance and made the switch to PS3 from 360 mainly for Defiance. The word HOPE is a powerful word so with each day that goes by I just hope the server issue is fixed and that Trion now can unleash Defiance's true potential for the game.

54 inch Samsung lcd and Defiance looks great on.

Market
02-18-2014, 06:46 PM
I sent Trick PM's regarding chat issues and asked for a simple reply of "10-4", it seems that was asking too much. So be it.

I've sent a few PM's to Trick and have yet to get a reply... it seems the better way to get answers from him would be the Livestream questions, hence the reason for asking here. I'd like to think he doesn't respond to PM's because he's busy working with the rest of the Dev team on the game. I'm not naive, just wishful... lol

PS3 looks so good on my TV and is why I play Defiance and made the switch to PS3 from 360 mainly for Defiance. The word HOPE is a powerful word so with each day that goes by I just hope the server issue is fixed and that Trion now can unleash Defiance's true potential for the game.

54 inch Samsung lcd and Defiance looks great on.

I only have a 24" display, but it's a widescreen PC monitor. I also have a projector and a blank wall I sometimes use, gets me what amounts to an 80" screen (see Frank's 2000 inch TV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zf3m6FmeL98)) but I can't use it often. It makes a notable difference in the utility bill... lol

It's my hope that after they push the rest of the DLC's that they will turn full attention to making all the issues, large and small, go away. Again, I'm not naive, just wishful. lol

Bonehead
02-18-2014, 07:47 PM
It's my hope that after they push the rest of the DLC's that they will turn full attention to making all the issues, large and small, go away. Again, I'm not naive, just wishful. lol
http://www.thegodboxproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fingers-crossed1.jpg

hey u
02-18-2014, 07:58 PM
I've sent a few PM's to Trick and have yet to get a reply... it seems the better way to get answers from him would be the Livestream questions, hence the reason for asking here. I'd like to think he doesn't respond to PM's because he's busy working with the rest of the Dev team on the game. I'm not naive, just wishful... lol

I thought from the last live stream trick was out in the woods and I don't know if he back yet?

Market
02-18-2014, 08:15 PM
It's my hope... <snip>

Okay, that cracked me up! lol

I thought from the last live stream trick was out in the woods and I don't know if he back yet?

Well, he twitted something about how it's important to have more open communication about 3 hours ago, so I'd imagine he's reintegrated with civilization... lol

hey u
02-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Since WM came out I have yet to go 1 day of going to a major and trying to enter and get booted. When will this be fixed? I have no problem entering a minor but always with a WM why? I've lost prolly over 400k in batteries and am sick of this. It's bad enough when I do get in and people break the locks too soon it like ahhhh why.

I try and enter a WM and 7/10 times I get booted to the main menu. Why is when I get booted from entering a WM that I can't log back into the game? I always have to dashboard and log back in otherwise I will try and log in and the game will not let me back in ever.

Sad to say due to Trion 400+k and counting in script wasted until a fix I'm out.

rebtattoo
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
I see by the location of this dying thread {past mid-way down the first page} that the lack of communication continues.

I reckon, at this point, I do have another question.

When will you announce the cancellation of the Defiance portion of the Live Stream? It seems abundantly clear that no one there has the slightest interest in talking to us and answering questions both new and ancient.

N3gativeCr33p
02-19-2014, 01:05 PM
When will you announce the cancellation of the Defiance portion of the Live Stream? It seems abundantly clear that no one there has the slightest interest in talking to us and answering questions both new and ancient.

Good question, kind sir!

dramaQkarri
02-19-2014, 01:52 PM

Well most of the time PS3 is not as bad as what you guys have been going thru since the weekend. We've had a lot of lag issues but most of the time it is playable. And in fact, it has improved since the game was released. So we do have hope, right?

dramaQkarri
02-19-2014, 01:54 PM
I see by the location of this dying thread {past mid-way down the first page} that the lack of communication continues.

I reckon, at this point, I do have another question.

+1
It's hell to be ignored. MY next question draws its lead from yours:

When will you announce the sale of Defiance to another gaming company that may or may not keep it alive?

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Questions.

1. Where is the heavy plasma repeater? trick said he was checking on it, haven't heard anything since.

Clarity Page
02-19-2014, 02:23 PM
A few questions/suggestions about control gripes on xbox Defiance

1. Can you add usb keyboard chat window controls in the xbox 360 version,
perhaps
Enter - to bring up chat window
Tab - switch between tabs
ESC - to exit chat window
Up & Down - scroll up and down
shift - switch between chat broadcast modes

2. Can you move the favourite/unfavourite button in the inventory, from the left dpad/analogue movement to another button (perhaps to the Y button).
It is currently easy to accidentally favourite or unfavourite items particularly on xbox, moving the button would resolve this issue.

3. Any chance of returning the old item comparison system in the inventory management,
I understand that it was changed to make things more efficient but for me and substantial number of players the old comparison system was much more efficient.

Fuzzy
02-19-2014, 02:34 PM
3. Any chance of returning the old item comparison system in the inventory on consoles, I know its available as an option in the pc version can you please bring that option to the consoles, for me and good number of players the old system was much more efficient.

AFAIK, we don't have that option on PC either.
The comparison system as it is now is just completely useless.
I went over to remember the stats and just swapping between the weapons in my inventory because the comparison system is just so... broken.

Clarity Page
02-19-2014, 02:41 PM
AFAIK, we don't have that option on PC either.
The comparison system as it is now is just completely useless.
I went over to remember the stats and just swapping between the weapons in my inventory because the comparison system is just so... broken.
what really? I remember them saying something about adding it back in as an option on PC,.. well maybe i dreamt that.
thanks anyway i will edit my question.

Amack
02-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Questions.

1. Where is the heavy plasma repeater? trick said he was checking on it, haven't heard anything since.

Arsenic, please don't take this in the wrong way. I don't want to start an argument and I mean no offense to you. I am trying to simply state facts.

You and I both know, this is about as important to the game as the bungee cords. It could be misinterpreted as you trying to purposely misdirect valuable dev time to unimportant changes, and indirectly hurt the game that you supposedly enjoy. It could also be detrimental to your reputation around here (which I know you don't care about), but many people still hold you in high regards, and I would hate to see that change.

Edit: The afflicted at TNTW now are much less annoying than they were previously (in my opinion) and that should be worth atleast something to you.

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 04:07 PM
So a gun that was advertised with the DLC 2 that wasn't put in game, that was even given patch notes because a bug pertaining to it, isn't important? Okay. glad we got that covered.

Oh and last I checked, they're still screaming at top notch. You aren't stating facts, you're once again asserting your opinion as the alpha and the omega.

rebtattoo
02-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Arsenic, please don't take this in the wrong way. I don't want to start an argument and I mean no offense to you. I am trying to simply state facts.

You and I both know, this is about as important to the game as the bungee cords. It could be misinterpreted as you trying to purposely misdirect valuable dev time to unimportant changes, and indirectly hurt the game that you supposedly enjoy. It could also be detrimental to your reputation around here (which I know you don't care about), but many people still hold you in high regards, and I would hate to see that change.

Our brains are no longer on fire, and that should be worth atleast something to you.I think what Arsenic is trying to do is not allow them to miss anything. One dereliction of detail overlooked, is easier to overlook in the future. Enough things with this game are overlooked as it is.

Amack
02-19-2014, 04:10 PM
So a gun that was advertised with the DLC 2 that wasn't put in game, that was even given patch notes because a bug pertaining to it, isn't important? Okay. glad we got that covered.

Oh and last I checked, they're still screaming at top notch. You aren't stating facts, you're once against asserting your opinion as the alpha and the omega.

I can see that didn't work out very well. Okay. I realize you and Ironclad share the same opinion of me, and that is fine, because I could care less what either of you think. Am I correct then that you are disagreeing with the fact that there are many many other more important things that need to be addressed first?

I think what Arsenic is trying to do is not allow them to miss anything. One dereliction of detail overlooked, is easier to overlook in the future. Enough things with this game are overlooked as it is.

While I agree completely with you Reb, the fact remains that if they don't prioritize correctly, we will all pay for it in the end.

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 04:11 PM
I think what Arsenic is trying to do is not allow them to miss anything. One dereliction of detail overlooked, is easier to overlook in the future. Enough things with this game are overlooked as it is.

Well given that they tend to give vague answers to anything else I ask or ignore it out right, trick specifically said he was looking into the heavy plasma repeater last week and I'm bringing it up again to see if they gained any insight. Just like the volge battle rifle, I'm going to keep posting about it until they finally do something regardless of what certain people think is unimportant. Highly amusing that he says I'm intentionally wasting the devs times though.

Amack
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Well given that they tend to give vague answers to anything else I ask or ignore it out right, trick specifically said he was looking into the heavy plasma repeater last week and I'm bringing it up again to see if they gained any insight. Just like the volge battle rifle, I'm going to keep posting about it until they finally do something regardless of what certain people think is unimportant. Highly amusing that he says I'm intentionally wasting the devs times though.

What about the oranges that were left out of the WM loot table? If you are going to nit pick issues, I suggest you atleast try to cover your bases.

Edit: I heard moaning last night, but no 'My brain is on fire' I haven't logged in yet today, so perhaps it changed back. Apparently now there is moaning, coughing, some dialogue, and they only say 'My brain is on fire' very rarely. It is not nearly as annoying as it was in my opinion.

Another edit: I would very much appreciate if you did not put words into my mouth. I said it could be misinterpreted, I did not state that you were intentionally wasting the devs time. I would also appreciate it very much if you could keep the name calling to a minimum, thank you.

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 04:21 PM
More questions.

7th legion lockboxes and incursions can award shields with specific 7th legion synergies. However these shields do not have ego levels. That means these shields regardless of rarity are worthless for higher level characters because they have such a low shield capacity and are treated like quest items. When will this be acknowledged and addressed?

In regards to the team that will be coming on board in placement of dahanese. Who will be in charge, and how many people will be coming on board? what will their duties be? Does this mean that the days of radio silence and the constant reassuring that trion will be more engaging on the forums that doesn't happen, is at end or can we expect more of the same?

The fundamental issue with the RNG system that trick mentioned previously. Has this been fixed if not, is there an ETA on the fix?

Clan global bonuses were said to not work, has this been fixed?

4ndreas
02-19-2014, 04:50 PM
I assume cut off time is Tuesday noon US time again or how will you handle this Morgana / Cole?

Market
02-19-2014, 04:53 PM
I assume cut off time is Tuesday noon US time again or how will you handle this Morgana / Cole?

Dah used to collect all the questions Thursday morning at some point, no idea what they are planning on doing now. They made it abundantly clear to keep gathering these questions as they are very helpful to the stream. Hopefully we can get some official word on this as I am curious as well.

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 04:54 PM

Last time the cut off was thursday morning. But given that we haven't seen any thing all week, I have no idea how they're doing it this time.

4ndreas
02-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Better post my sum up now then, sorry Etaew :P

Let me just sum up the important questions (i.e. that are of interest to more than 1 person and haven't been answered yet):

Performance

What will be done about the extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eemely horrible (and I am NOT exagerating this) performance during the last few days? Not just on XBOX.

Activites

Should players from Rank 3 clans that participate in Conflict Sites get an extra key at all times? If not what does it depend on?

Any ETA on the Destruction Arkfalls returning?

Will there be an increase in Battery cappacity?

Map

Any update on the Ammo Box at Diablo Lighthouse?

You mentioned that you will not add new Data recorders until you have more space. With Season 2 coming up, 1 DLC still unaccounted for and your desire to spin up the story that leads to Season 2 will we see a map expansion before Season 2 airs? It not will there be one before Season 2 ends? JUST TELL US.

When will we learn where the Volge come from?

Social

Will we get the ability to form Teams before Season 2 starts? If not, do you even have this on your "list"?

Any plans for Clan ranks past 3000?

Weapons

Are legendary Cold Fire weapons other than the Typhoon-X coming this patch or next?

Where is the Heavy Plasma Repeater?

Will we ever get weapons that can shoot through multiple enemies? Maybe if fully charged?

News on the Volge weapon models not showing mods?

Has there been an update in the schedule as to when you will allow players to Reset Weapon Mastery Points AND the Mastery Bonus? You talked about it last year but nothing has been heard of since.

What's the ETA on shield overhauls?

Will there be a reliable way if checking which mods correspond to the weapons Synergy? Right now you SHOULD be able to check in the Salvage Matrix but the UI there is SERIOUSLY bugged so you can't do it and if you can it is tedious.

What's up with weapon drops that have 100 lower rating than your current EGO?

Shields

7th legion lockboxes and incursions can award shields with specific 7th legion synergies. However these shields do not have ego levels. That means these shields regardless of rarity are worthless for higher level characters because they have such a low shield capacity and are treated like quest items. When will this be acknowledged and addressed?

Vendors

Any chance of ACTUALLY getting specials like cheaper price or Epic (if very rare)?

What's the current ETA for mod vendor fixes and / or other vendor overhauls?

EGO

Anything new on the front of raising the EGO cap before Season 2? Can you guarantee that superflous points accumulated now will be granted thereafter?

Interface

When will the interface be fixed to either use or remove trophies during incursion sieges?

Can we get a key to switch text chat channels (like X for voice) within a month?

Communication

In regards to the team that will be coming on board in placement of dahanese. Who will be in charge, and how many people will be coming on board? what will their duties be? Does this mean that the days of radio silence and the constant reassuring that trion will be more engaging on the forums that doesn't happen, is at end or can we expect more of the same?

Cole, are you on reddit? What's your forum name?

rebtattoo
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Better post my sum up now then, sorry Etaew :P

Let me just sum up the important questions (i.e. that are of interest to more than 1 person and haven't been answered yet):

Performance

What will be done about the extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eemely horrible (and I am NOT exagerating this) performance during the last few days? Not just on XBOX.

Activites

Should players from Rank 3 clans that participate in Conflict Sites get an extra key at all times? If not what does it depend on?

Any ETA on the Destruction Arkfalls returning?

Will there be an increase in Battery cappacity?

Map

Any update on the Ammo Box at Diablo Lighthouse?

You mentioned that you will not add new Data recorders until you have more space. With Season 2 coming up, 1 DLC still unaccounted for and your desire to spin up the story that leads to Season 2 will we see a map expansion before Season 2 airs? It not will there be one before Season 2 ends? JUST TELL US.

When will we learn where the Volge come from?

Social

Will we get the ability to form Teams before Season 2 starts? If not, do you even have this on your "list"?

Any plans for Clan ranks past 3000?

Weapons

Are legendary Cold Fire weapons other than the Typhoon-X coming this patch or next?

Where is the Heavy Plasma Repeater?

Will we ever get weapons that can shoot through multiple enemies? Maybe if fully charged?

News on the Volge weapon models not showing mods?

Has there been an update in the schedule as to when you will allow players to Reset Weapon Mastery Points AND the Mastery Bonus? You talked about it last year but nothing has been heard of since.

What's the ETA on shield overhauls?

Will there be a reliable way if checking which mods correspond to the weapons Synergy? Right now you SHOULD be able to check in the Salvage Matrix but the UI there is SERIOUSLY bugged so you can't do it and if you can it is tedious.

What's up with weapon drops that have 100 lower rating than your current EGO?

Shields

Vendors

Any chance of ACTUALLY getting specials like cheaper price or Epic (if very rare)?

What's the current ETA for mod vendor fixes and / or other vendor overhauls?

EGO

Anything new on the front of raising the EGO cap before Season 2? Can you guarantee that superflous points accumulated now will be granted thereafter?

Interface

When will the interface be fixed to either use or remove trophies during incursion sieges?

Can we get a key to switch text chat channels (like X for voice) within a month?

Communication

Cole, are you on reddit? What's your forum name?Interesting how you edited the questions you felt worthy to be asked.

When I asked the specific questions I asked, I did it with complete seriousness. I'm offended that they weren't included in your "summery".

rebtattoo
02-19-2014, 06:10 PM
More questions.

The fundamental issue with the RNG system that trick mentioned previously. Has this been fixed if not, is there an ETA on the fix?

Clan global bonuses were said to not work, has this been fixed?History would conclude that one shouldn't hold their breath...

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 06:12 PM
If you're going to do a summary, make sure you grab all of the questions, you're missing some.

Amack
02-19-2014, 06:20 PM
While I do appreciate your effort 4ndreas. Etaew usually does a nice job of it, he is very in touch with the community and the game itself (I'm not saying that you are not).

rebtattoo
02-19-2014, 06:32 PM
If you're going to do a summary, make sure you grab all of the questions, you're missing some.Thank you, kind sir...:)

Nefarious
02-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Is anyone even taking these questions? Its been radio silence from Trion since Friday.

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Is anyone even taking these questions? Its been radio silence from Trion since Friday.

Dahanese said morgana would grab them for trick /shrug

Bonehead
02-19-2014, 07:02 PM

Imagine that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drkh0YLF8rI

Holy Bahamut3
02-19-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm under the impression that this is what is going to be the norm from here on out. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Morgana, its just she has the whole only talk when she has useful information thing going on. We shouldn't expect to be engaged on the forums any longer. Sadly I fell that the last little bit of the spark that this game had on release has left with the both of them. *sigh*

Amack
02-19-2014, 07:15 PM
When can we expect a global chat that can be viewed by all shards?
Or is zone chat supposed to serve that purpose and it needs to be fixed?

Knightmage
02-19-2014, 10:11 PM
OK maybe I missed it elsewhere but what is the status on the repair of the ever vanishing vehicles? Can we get a few hints on what is in store within a time frame as to game/map expansion? What is the time frame for giving us some sort of banking capability (I know it was mentioned as sometime in the future.)

Market
02-19-2014, 10:32 PM
OK maybe I missed it elsewhere but what is the status on the repair of the ever vanishing vehicles? Can we get a few hints on what is in store within a time frame as to game/map expansion? What is the time frame for giving us some sort of banking capability (I know it was mentioned as sometime in the future.)

As of the Livestream last Friday (Feb 14th) they still hadn't nailed down the exact cause and are unable to replicate the issue on command. Still "we're working on it". Hopefully that will change some time soon, it just happened to me three times in about 45 seconds while running around an Incursion... that ended with it glitching out and not producing the Siege... lol

hey u
02-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Any plans on showing shards when we log in with the amount of people playing in them and give players the option to play in a full or dead world of players?

Amack
02-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Any plans on showing shards when we log in with the amount of people playing in them and give players the option to play in a full or dead world of players?

I am going to go out on a limb and say no Hey U. The reason I say no, is because I once posted a simple idea of how the system works and how we could use it to our advantage and I was immediately put in the time out corner for it. Hopefully they prove me wrong and they answer you with a yes.

Arsenic_Touch
02-19-2014, 11:35 PM

Player population will never be labeled (remember them tooting their own horn over 1 million free account registers instead of players in game or total sales?) However they specifically said they weren't going to make it so you can change shards directly in the last live stream.

It would be awesome if they did it like guild wars did and have a drop down menu where you can click the districts for each town (which is essentially what the shard system is, only more crude) but they said they aren't going to do that and have no plans to do it.

hey u
02-20-2014, 12:14 AM
If I could when I log in had the option to always ensure I have the option to be put in a full or dead world would drastically effect the way I spend money on boosts and such within the game. Trion all you need to do is pull up my account and see how much I've spent and times by that by 2 or more and with each month that goes bY I would be spending tons more money within the game.

Just saying...

Amack
02-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Player population will never be labeled (remember them tooting their own horn over 1 million free account registers instead of players in game or total sales?) However they specifically said they weren't going to make it so you can change shards directly in the last live stream.

They wouldn't even have to show numbers per se, they could simply show a utilization graph or similar.
Yes, I heard them reject the idea as well. Bummer.

Etaew
02-20-2014, 02:12 AM
Okay, let's call now the cut-off point.

Answers given:

- Will people who own DLC 4 be able to invite people who do not own the DLC into group arenas?
Yes, we don't want to separate people.

The questions gathered:

HOT TOPICS
- What has been happening with the server stability lately?
- With the loss of dahanese and OverloadUT there has been no communication on the forums, going forward what is the plan for this?
- Console players still have a hard time getting a consistent Warmaster experience.
- Vehicles disappearing
- DLC 3 lockboxes

OUTFITS
- Will we ever get Cooper's hat to wear?
- Can we get the hellbug helmet to wear?
- Will there be more standard clothing and not power armor?
- 4th of July there was a store outfit for purchase, why was other outfits not made for major holidays?
- Why have we not had store items updated with the same frequency as before? There are a lot of unused assets with no way to obtain them.

PLANS
- Have there been designs for or is there a chance in the future of seeing a laser gun capable of shooting through multiple enemies?
- Will there be a transfer or a bank system?
- Are there plans for multiplayer versions of time trials?
- Are there any plans for a clan vs clan shadow war feature at smaller numbers?
- Are there any plans to award clan-like bonuses from a player progression path?
- Can more thought be given to the negative impact on other players when some people decide to break the Warmaster's locks early?
- When can we expect to see more reliable ways to earn Paradise and Echelon reputation?
- Are there any big ticket items that are on the top of your task list that you want to share with the class?

DESIGN
- Is the War Master aka Sapphire Weapon a shout out to the bonus bosses in Final Fantasy 7? He looks like the long lost brother of Diamond, Amethyst, Ultimate, Ruby, Emerald Weapons.
- Why were the arkfall cover pieces that destroy vehicles added?
- Why was the Paradise vendor added? and what purpose does it currently serve?
- Why are several Incursions spawning north of the Golden Gate Bridge when there are no major events happening in San Francisco?
- Can vendor specials not feature green mods since they are already available anytime?
- Any update on the ability to re-roll mastery bonus?
- Why do weapons have an EGO rating? and are there plans to address not being able to trade and have the other player use them?
- Why are DLC 3 outfits in a lockbox? can they be made available on the merchant for direct purchase?
- Will daily and weekly rewards be upgraded for the new DLCs and feature reputation as part of them?
- Can the main map show challenges in the color of the medal received, for an overview of what still needs to be done for the pursuit?
- Can there be a visual representation on a weapon information card when you attach a mod not of the target synergy?
- Can there be a global chat for all shards?
- Some enemies have attacks that they don't really ever use. i.e. the Monarch's green projectiles or the skitterlings bio spit attacks. Will we ever see an increase in the use of these attacks?
- Is it intended for the 7th Legion and Thorn Liro rep weapons to not have the vendor bonus of the other factions?
- The new blade still sounds like I'm wielding a light saber, er sorry a charge blade. Feels out of place. No sound bytes for a sword unsheathing?
- Before, Contracts would award partial credit for completing some of the requirement but not all. Has that been done away with?
- What's up with the lackluster rep points for the Incursions? Arenas which take about the same amount of time as Incursions give 25 rep points each Gold. Is it possible we can have some similar system for Incursions? i.e. The 5 points would be the Participation reward and then for those that reach the top siege tier an extra set of rep points?
- The Incursions seem to be pushing players toward content that we normally tend to ignore (emergencies). Will we see any variations in 7th Legion contracts that require us to do X amount of emergencies?
- In the Warmaster fight, he does a "Drop Shock" attack that EMPs all the players fighting him. When this happens players can elect to wait until the effects wear off or roll to end it sooner. Currently, after you do either of the 2 your shields still remains empty for an extended period of time. Is this a mechanic of the Warmaster?
- What are our chances of getting a infection/parasite type resistance on shields or otherwise?
- Gunslinger Trials will debut new co-op arenas. Are they more like traditional horde mode (endless waves. No timer.)? Or more akin to the Sieges and current arenas (timer + waves)?
- Can we have all bullet mods work on any bullet type gun, let all explosive type mods work on any gun that uses explosives as ammo? This would cut the number of mods by like 1/8th. Making Mod management at your an our end much easier.

SPECIFICS
- I've been having problems getting the Incursion-Excursion achievement on the 360, is this something you are aware of, and will any fix grant credit to those who should have already received it?
- A friend is having trouble with DLC 3, occasionally when he logs in the game acts like he doesn't own it. Is this a known issue?
- Is it true that Typhoon rifles can't display added mods? and is that something that is planned to be addressed?
- Is there a known issue where in some circumstances you are not rewarded keycodes from conflict sites?
- Enemies can pop in an out of phases that you can't, is this something that is going to be addressed?
- Kenn Farm Siege has an extraction point outside of the siege.
- Where is the heavy plasma repeater? trick said he was checking on it, haven't heard anything since.
- Can you add usb keyboard chat window controls in the xbox 360 version
- Can you move the favourite/unfavourite button in the inventory, from the left dpad/analogue movement to another button (perhaps to the Y button). It is currently easy to accidentally favourite or unfavourite items particularly on xbox
- 7th legion lockboxes and incursions can award shields with specific 7th legion synergies. However these shields do not have ego levels. That means these shields regardless of rarity are worthless for higher level characters because they have such a low shield capacity and are treated like quest items. When will this be acknowledged and addressed?
- The fundamental issue with the RNG system that trick mentioned previously. Has this been fixed if not, is there an ETA on the fix?
- Clan global bonuses were said to not work, has this been fixed?
- Arkbreaker Patch notes:
"The main world has been split into 2 segments the Northern Bay Area and San Francisco. This will allow more players per server! As a result, there is now a loading screen when crossing the Golden Gate bridge."
I've yet to ever see a loading screen crossing the bridge. Is this still in effect or did you find a way to make it work without the loading screen?
- The Volge Lightning Rifle's fully charged (full velocity) shot does not register any damage when hitting any enemy except some of the larger ones. Is there a fix planned for this?
- The rare mag roll bonus on the Quickshot Blaster is the same +6 mag that appears on standard pistols instead of the +20 mag that the full auto pistol receive. Was this intended?
- In the new rep vendor weapon caches, are the weapons we can receive restricted to the weapons sold at that particular rep vendor? For example is it possible to get a EGO Precision synergy FRC Particle Repeater even though the VBI rep vendor doesn't sell Particle Repeaters?
- 7th Legion shields received from the Rep vendor crates have no EGO rating (or EGO level 1) on them thus making the stats on them very low (see: JANKY). Will we see a fix to this?
- Dark Matter enemies in Arkfalls do some weird things when they are being affected by D.o.T. Most notably they teleport to a predetermined spot repeatedly. Why does this happen?
- Have you had a chance to look over Market's mod vendor special research, and do the specials plan to be addressed?

LORE
- What is the Volge Warmaster's purpose in the Volge race? Is he only a military leader, a leader of the whole Volge race, or some kind of freak Volge doomsday weapon? Will he be on the show and will the cast have 7 min to beat him or 56 secs?
- Is a syphon weapon a one hit kill weapon? Will they be on the show?
- What exactly is the Motherlode? At first I thought a modified Hulker but he doesn't seem to be of the brainless mook variety. What's his story?

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 04:37 AM
Interesting how you edited the questions you felt worthy to be asked.

When I asked the specific questions I asked, I did it with complete seriousness. I'm offended that they weren't included in your "summery".

The only question of yours I could find in this thread (aka sentence with a question mark) was about canceling the Defiance livestream portion which they likely won't answer / do so tell me where that being offended comes from and state your questions again?

j3crow
02-20-2014, 04:48 AM
i can vouche for the quote above about the chances with the clothing pieces, i've hit up 8 supply boxes and i've never gotten a LEGION clothing piece....

I agree. I hope this gets attention

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 04:57 AM
Ok some prognosis and why I didn't include them to those offended (and those you snuk in):

- With the loss of dahanese and OverloadUT there has been no communication on the forums, going forward what is the plan for this?

Will be done with presenting Cole again and having him reassure us that more community people will come aboard (mention or show).

- Console players still have a hard time getting a consistent Warmaster experience.
- Vehicles disappearing

They would've likely posted something on their own / we will get a soon.

OUTFITS

Not very high on their list aka no statement.

- Will there be a transfer or a bank system?
- Can more thought be given to the negative impact on other players when some people decide to break the Warmaster's locks early?

Nothing new.

- When can we expect to see more reliable ways to earn Paradise and Echelon reputation?

They don't see what's wrong with it (and neither do I).

DESIGN
- Is the War Master aka Sapphire Weapon a shout out to the bonus bosses in Final Fantasy 7? He looks like the long lost brother of Diamond, Amethyst, Ultimate, Ruby, Emerald Weapons.
- Why were the arkfall cover pieces that destroy vehicles added?

Relic of the Skitterling drivers.

- Why was the Paradise vendor added? and what purpose does it currently serve?

Overhaul coming. / Soon.

- Why are several Incursions spawning north of the Golden Gate Bridge when there are no major events happening in San Francisco?

There are, whoever asked this must be blind / unlucky.

- Will daily and weekly rewards be upgraded for the new DLCs and feature reputation as part of them?

They don't see a reason why. / It is already easy to get reputation.

- Can the main map show challenges in the color of the medal received, for an overview of what still needs to be done for the pursuit?

Not very high on their list / aka no statement.

- Can there be a global chat for all shards?

"It's complicated". / Soon.

- Some enemies have attacks that they don't really ever use. i.e. the Monarch's green projectiles or the skitterlings bio spit attacks. Will we ever see an increase in the use of these attacks?

They are dependend on situation (target out of reach for other attacks) so it likely won't happen.

- The new blade still sounds like I'm wielding a light saber, er sorry a charge blade. Feels out of place. No sound bytes for a sword unsheathing?

Soon (along with decapitations).

- What's up with the lackluster rep points for the Incursions? Arenas which take about the same amount of time as Incursions give 25 rep points each Gold. Is it possible we can have some similar system for Incursions? i.e. The 5 points would be the Participation reward and then for those that reach the top siege tier an extra set of rep points?

The current lackluster 5 points reward is because you don't really have to do ANYTHING to get them but the extra rewards for top tier would be nice (but snuk in).

SPECIFICS

Well, very specific for the most part, as I mentioned.

Anyway guess the peole don't want mine.

cuba 666
02-20-2014, 05:01 AM
Why would you delete him? Except for FREE storage on alt chars this game gives NO rational reason for alts AT ALL.

i delete only 2...of them but the high ego is all screw up.....and thats the one i want to really delete but he has over haul of slot that i bought....thats should be in claims like everything else...that will be the right think to do by Trion...and im on Xbox NA.....

Etaew
02-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Ok some prognosis and why I didn't include them to those offended (and those you snuk in):

Anyway guess the peole don't want mine.

There might be good reasons not to ask a question, I too didn't include obvious trolls. The problem I personally have with your list is that even though they might not get answered, or they will get answered as you describe. It is not our job to answer these questions for the community. We are not paid employees, and our say carries no weight.

Consolidating reasonable questions is as far as I will step into this, it will be up to Trion to choose and answer how they see fit. Chances are if they do have a Defiance Q&A portion this week they won't pick from either of our lists.

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 05:49 AM
The problem I personally have with your list is that even though they might not get answered, or they will get answered as you describe. It is not our job to answer these questions for the community. We are not paid employees, and our say carries no weight.

This I accept but the other responses ...

Bentu
02-20-2014, 06:03 AM
We are not paid employees, and our say carries no weight.

Never have truer words been spoken on these forums.

cuba 666
02-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Inventory slots already purchase should go into the claims....
Only one question and suggestion to the livestream feb, 21

like, when you start a new character in your claims there is always everything that you purchase like the blades mods and more...
Inventory slot that we buy should be the same way no matter what......

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 09:11 AM
And of course:

When will the end of match screen for PvP be fixed? It has been useless for way too long.

DSW
02-20-2014, 11:40 AM
And of course:

When will the end of match screen for PvP be fixed? It has been useless for way too long.

what's wrong with it?

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 11:47 AM
what's wrong with it?

It just shows WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW on half the players.

Besides: When are we going to get ANY kind of official aknowledgement of this thread? Morgana? Cole? Will you just welcome the new team during the next livestream no questions asked?

Morgana
02-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Hey guys,

I've been reading the thread and snagging questions for Trick to answer, which I'll ensure Cole has for tomorrow!

Edit: And, of course, a huge thank you to Etaew for compiling-- truly a scholar and a gentleman.

TremerChrist
02-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Inventory slots already purchase should go into the claims....
Only one question and suggestion to the livestream feb, 21

like, when you start a new character in your claims there is always everything that you purchase like the blades mods and more...
Inventory slot that we buy should be the same way no matter what......

This has kept me from starting a new toon. All the slots I bought with my main should be on any toon I create. Or they could cap weapon and item egos at 2500, make it so high ego players can still trade and sell. But they won't do anything for veteran players. They have our money and could care less if we play or not. The only reason to be high ego is shield capacity.

cuba 666
02-20-2014, 02:20 PM
This has kept me from starting a new toon. All the slots I bought with my main should be on any toon I create. Or they could cap weapon and item egos at 2500, make it so high ego players can still trade and sell. But they won't do anything for veteran players. They have our money and could care less if we play or not. The only reason to be high ego is shield capacity.

Yes but we have to keep trying, because Trion certainly knows that GT. Tiburon 666 has purchase tones of slot of inventory and I play the game for long time non stop, even thrue every problem we have I love this game and the only think I'm going to ask is to put the inventory that we purchase back in claims when we start a new character like they did we everything I have purchase from the store, that's all....because I love this game

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 02:42 PM
a huge thank you to Etaew

I give up.

rebtattoo
02-20-2014, 02:51 PM
The only question of yours I could find in this thread (aka sentence with a question mark) was about canceling the Defiance livestream portion which they likely won't answer / do so tell me where that being offended comes from and state your questions again?Who the hell are you to assume what they will or won't jekkin' answer???

My offense comes from you deciding that my question wasn't important enough for your list.

Unfortunately, the other list formed by Etaew didn't have it either. So, **** it....

*Edit*
I'll start asking the "fluffy" jekkin' questions from now on....

When can we get some cutsie bumper stickers for our vehicles? I would pay up to $5 for such an addition. Perhaps a dollar more if they were glittery and sparkly.

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Who the hell are you to assume what they will or won't jekkin' answer???

My offense comes from you deciding that my question wasn't important enough for your list.

Unfortunately, the other list formed by Etaew didn't have it either. So, **** it....

*Edit*
I'll start asking the "fluffy" jekkin' questions from now on....

When can we get some cutsie bumper stickers for our vehicles? I would pay up to $5 for such an addition. Perhaps a dollar more if they were glittery and sparkly.

Yes there's been a few forum members the last couple days that seem to be trying to take charge of what is and is not important for live stream questions. Some kind of feigned power play? Not sure. The only thing I do know, is that I have no faith that anything said in the livestream will be the truth - if anything Defiance is addressed at all. So, try not to take the alleged exclusion too seriously. It's just a game, eh?

hey u
02-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Will we ever get arkfall crystals that last to stage 10 and so on and arkfall sites with multiple crystals to destroy instead of just 1?

rebtattoo
02-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Yes there's been a few forum members the last couple days that seem to be trying to take charge of what is and is not important for live stream questions. Some kind of feigned power play? Not sure. The only thing I do know, is that I have no faith that anything said in the livestream will be the truth - if anything Defiance is addressed at all. So, try not to take the alleged exclusion too seriously. It's just a game, eh?No worries...

Arsenic_Touch
02-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Reb, you know they wouldn't answer the question. It's accusatory and rude. So the indignation is so overly dramatic and wasted. Heh. ;)

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Some kind of feigned power play? Not sure.

Some feeling of being entitled to everything? Sure.

redtattoo I couldn't care less what you think and if you think they will care about that "question" I don't even want to know.

Iceberg
02-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Not like they are going to answer any question truthfully. Trion needs to stop screwing its customers over with that crap.

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Not like they are going to answer any question truthfully. Trion needs to stop screwing its customers over with that crap.

Exactly. No point in giving the livestream any attention at all, IMHO. As far as who is in charge of what questions get asked, hey, the questions are here in the thread so Morgana will be creating a list of what SHE wants to include. For those who consolidate a list of what is here, that helps Morgana and that is ALL it does. I'm sure she will appreciate everyone's efforts. But there are no guarantees of inclusion or answers or anything. Just a list.

I don't know why several of you are getting so bent out of shape over this, it's not our job to decide questions. As players of a GAME, we can ask what we want to ask, or not, or whatever. EGO belongs in Defiance, not here. People who can put together a decent sentence can "win" on the forums.

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 03:38 PM
EGO belongs in Defiance, not here. People who can put together a decent sentence can "win" on the forums.

Funny for you to say that because the people who have made an issue out of what's in the list are you and redtattoo and ONLY you two.

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 03:39 PM
"Some kind of feigned power play? Not sure." ~dramaQkarri

Some feeling of being entitled to everything? Sure.
redtattoo I couldn't care less what you think and if you think they will care about that "question" I don't even want to know.

Hey he didn't say that, I did. And you're not the only one acting like you own the forums these last few days. It's been weird in here. The most knowledgeable and helpful posters have descended into in-fighting and frankly I expect better from all of you. We are grown-ups, are we not? I'm just pointing out that as much as we appreciate help and info from players who have extra knowledge, we don't work for you and you're not in charge. I say this for all forum users. Thanks for when you help but when you try to control is where the line needs to be drawn. It just creates hard feelings.

Quebra Regra
02-20-2014, 03:39 PM
bad place to ask about getting a tshirt?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/114649i4F71AC2C7E932EBF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Arsenic_Touch
02-20-2014, 03:42 PM
bad place to ask about getting a tshirt?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/114649i4F71AC2C7E932EBF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Outside of what you can buy in that box set, there's the syfy store - http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/defiance/index.php?v=syfy_defiance&SESSID=deda2626e92c2c976ae7059d53ddb19d

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/defiance+t-shirts
There's a couple on here. But it doesn't look like official merchandise.
That's about it.

Atticus Batman
02-20-2014, 03:45 PM
<snip>
Why were the arkfall cover pieces that destroy vehicles added?

Seriously Etaew? I like you but that one is a no-brainer. They added the stuff that destroys vehicles around Arkfalls, because people have been screaming about jerks driving in arkfalls to get easy kills with their vehicles.

So they tryed to deter those drivers by weakening our vehicles to paper thin. When that didn't work they added that stuff so a vehicle would explode on contact. It seems to have worked for the most part, to me, atleast on Xbox. The only word events I see those drivers trying to run down everything is incursions now.

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Funny for you to say that because the people who have made an issue out of what's in the list are you and redtattoo and ONLY you two.

Actually I don't have any questions. I'm just objecting to the exclusion in general. Something you should be aware of - and there are 2 others here that do it too. If people call you elitist this might be why.

Quebra Regra
02-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Outside of what you can buy in that box set, there's the syfy store - http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/defiance/index.php?v=syfy_defiance&SESSID=deda2626e92c2c976ae7059d53ddb19d

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/defiance+t-shirts
There's a couple on here. But it doesn't look like official merchandise.
That's about it.

not to hijack, but I looked into the boxed set... no tshirt included :(

Atticus Batman
02-20-2014, 03:48 PM

That would be because most of us ignored your list. Why complain about a COMMUNITY list that was obviously thrown together based strictly on the poster's opinion? That makes it your list, NOT the community's. Btw it's Rebtattoo. If you are going to callout and insult people atleast get their names right.

hey u
02-20-2014, 03:49 PM
I Know we not allowed to call out site MOD but this Friday I say will be a test of things to come so no pressure but any plans on this or could it even be done in the game or has answered in a past feed that I missed?

I'm playing Defiance right and how cool would it be to lay on my stomach and be able to fire my weapon. Could this be added within Defiance? Could add a new style of PVE gameplay with a new set of tactics. Maybe through in some new weapon/perks for ground firing? For example a daily reward for killing 50 random or specific enemies while laying on stomach? Would it work within Defiance?

Amack
02-20-2014, 03:50 PM
I was going to say that Batman, but didn't want to be flamed for no reason.
Afflicted sieges can still suffer from the problem of drivers using vehicles as weapons, but it has died down tremendously with most people now going to incursions.

Atticus Batman
02-20-2014, 03:53 PM
I was going to say that Batman, but didn't want to be flamed for no reason.

Hmm I added one too many E's to deter. Ok my post is fixed. As for flaming they will do what they want anyway, and I have been flamed before so what do I care? :p

Etaew
02-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Seriously Etaew? I like you but that one is a no-brainer.

I know in that instance but someone asked in the thread, and I don't want to pick and choose the questions. I tried to catch everyones, I missed some and people sent me angry PMs :(

Amack
02-20-2014, 03:56 PM
I know in that instance but someone asked in the thread, and I don't want to pick and choose the questions. I tried to catch everyones, I missed some and people sent me angry PMs :(

You are plenty intelligent enough to know who is serious and who is just not using their heads.
I really appreciate you going through this trouble each week. Thanks again.
Also, please understand Batman meant nothing by his post, he was just trying to help.

Atticus Batman
02-20-2014, 03:58 PM

Ok I guess that makes sense. But unfortunately you can't please everyone. My grandma taught me that, "Since you can't please everyone all of the time, you should just focus on pleasing a few at a time as best as you can." :p :cool:

4ndreas
02-20-2014, 04:06 PM
I missed some and people sent me angry PMs :(

People are way too sensitive.

PS: Yes I know it's spelled with b I just don't care, see what I did there?
PPS: Miss Drama Q - I couldn't care less about the made up drama you keep posting in this thread so just stop trying to make this about me for whatever reason.

Quebra Regra
02-20-2014, 04:20 PM
I Know we not allowed to call out site MOD but this Friday I say will be a test of things to come so no pressure but any plans on this or could it even be done in the game or has answered in a past feed that I missed?

I'm playing Defiance right and how cool would it be to lay on my stomach and be able to fire my weapon. Could this be added within Defiance? Could add a new style of PVE gameplay with a new set of tactics. Maybe through in some new weapon/perks for ground firing? For example a daily reward for killing 50 random or specific enemies while laying on stomach? Would it work within Defiance?

I don't think that adding a go prone mechanism in Defiance would really add anything. Being able to go prone for cover or stability is more of a feature in tactical shooters, which Defiance is not.

I generally find the cover in Defiance to be wonky anyway, I'm sure if yer toon went prone they'd implement it with the same standing hit box :P

I hate to be negative

hey u
02-20-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't think that adding a go prone mechanism in Defiance would really add anything. Being able to go prone for cover or stability is more of a feature in tactical shooters, which Defiance is not.

I generally find the cover in Defiance to be wonky anyway, I'm sure if yer toon went prone they'd implement it with the same standing hit box :P

I hate to be negative

Not negative at all. I been curious on this so I thought I would post in here and get some constructive criticism on the subject. Would be cool if I could crawl up to my daily spots and snipe while being undetected for X amount time until they made my position.

DSW
02-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Just got another question - how the f* the game decides if it would be a 3- 4- or 5- wave arkfall spot?

rebtattoo
02-20-2014, 08:36 PM
That would be because most of us ignored your list. Why complain about a COMMUNITY list that was obviously thrown together based strictly on the poster's opinion? That makes it your list, NOT the community's. Btw it's Rebtattoo. If you are going to callout and insult people atleast get their names right.Thank you sir

Arsenic_Touch
02-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Just got another question - how the f* the game decides if it would be a 3- 4- or 5- wave arkfall spot?

It's based on how quickly you kill. Faster killing = more waves. /shrug
Don't ask me why, that's how they did it.

Amack
02-20-2014, 08:53 PM

From what I have seen, it goes by how fast the mobs get downed. Even if you are solo you can advance to the higher stages by just killing them fast enough. Don't quote me on this, it's just my observations.

rebtattoo
02-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Just got another question - how the f* the game decides if it would be a 3- 4- or 5- wave arkfall spot?*Deer caught in the headlights look*

"They do? We'll have to look into that. I'm sure it's something that's being worked on and should be able to provide an answer to you.......wait for it...........SOON."

Amack
02-20-2014, 09:01 PM
*Deer caught in the headlights look*

"They do? We'll have to look into that. I'm sure it's something that's being worked on and should be able to provide an answer to you.......wait for it...........SOON."

I know it's frustrating beyond compare.

You are not alone my friend.

DSW
02-20-2014, 09:13 PM
From what I have seen, it goes by how fast the mobs get downed. Even if you are solo you can advance to the higher stages by just killing them fast enough. Don't quote me on this, it's just my observations.

lines up with mine, but its pretty damn stupid if its really made that way. lost arkfall because of last crystal deciding to go 5-wave :/

Amack
02-20-2014, 09:18 PM
lines up with mine, but its pretty damn stupid if its really made that way. lost arkfall because of last crystal deciding to go 5-wave :/

It would make much more sense to gauge the total dps and base it on that. Larger groups would generally have much more dps than just a few, etc.

Of course it is no big deal really, once you know, you can just slow down the killing.

hey u
02-20-2014, 10:31 PM
In game sunglasses that when put on dim down bmg effects for my guy on my TV while I play?

I forgot who said it but wow people really love to try and drive their car over spawn points in afflicted dang between 10 people and blinding bmg and people in their vehicle driving back and forth I'm lucky just to get a hit on anything.

DSW
02-21-2014, 02:43 AM
It would make much more sense to gauge the total dps and base it on that. Larger groups would generally have much more dps than just a few, etc.

Of course it is no big deal really, once you know, you can just slow down the killing.

dps, player count and remaining time (can i dream sometimes? :)

yes, its no big deal to slow down... until there's a s-load of blast pods and flying hellbugs or helipods.

4ndreas
02-21-2014, 03:10 AM
until there's a s-load of blast pods and flying hellbugs or helipods.

The pods are why I don't do the minor Hellbug ones. Oh and the 9001 Snipers at Stage 3 of Extractors are also very annoying.

Amack
02-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Hey! If you all check out the bug sections, the GMs there are reporting they were finally able to replicate the disappearing vehicle problem!

Good News!!!

N3gativeCr33p
02-21-2014, 08:14 AM
*Deer caught in the headlights look*

Coffee, meet monitor.

Market
02-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Coffee, meet monitor.

I can loan you my squeegee! I had to go out an buy an extra one with how frequently that happens here! lol

rebtattoo
02-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Coffee, meet monitor.I'm here all week and a double matinee on Sunday!

N3gativeCr33p
02-21-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm here all week and a double matinee on Sunday!

Sundays are no good for me, sir... that's my recuperation day. ;)

rebtattoo
02-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Sundays are no good for me, sir... that's my recuperation day. ;)Ah, that's a shame. Delightful shows. Excellent comedy. Pleasant atmosphere.

Oh, and pie. Yes, there's pie.

Atticus Batman
02-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Thank you sir

No proble. It's dumb how people can do all that trolling ad insulting, but can't even spell a forum name right, when they could have easily copy/pasted the name to get it right, or just look at it as they type it.

Amack
02-21-2014, 04:28 PM
We seriously accomplished more on that stream than all of the previous ones put together!

AWESOME!

The only conflicting information I heard was related to the vehicle problem. Hopefully we get further clarification on what is happening.

N3gativeCr33p
02-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Well... that live stream was a refreshing change of pace. Hope it lasts.

Arsenic_Touch
02-21-2014, 04:34 PM

Too jaded for that.

Punisher Illinois Blue
02-21-2014, 04:35 PM
I missed alot of the stream but Trick didn't actully answer any questions from this forum did he? He didnt answer any of my questions thats for sure.

Market
02-21-2014, 04:35 PM

Agreed. I'm taking them on a day-to-day basis and today was a good day as far as I'm concerned.

Amack
02-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Once you lose hope Arsenic, there is no turning back. Try to keep hope, if not for yourself, for the rest of us.

Market
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Once you lose hope Arsenic, there is no turning back. Try to keep hope, if not for yourself, for the rest of us.

Well said, sir.

N3gativeCr33p
02-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Agreed. I'm taking them on a day-to-day basis and today was a good day as far as I'm concerned.

Indeed.

And as I stated in the chat... "funny how that works".

Arsenic_Touch
02-21-2014, 04:40 PM
I missed alot of the stream but Trick didn't actully answer any questions from this forum did he? He didnt answer any of my questions thats for sure.

It seems that morgana only grabbed select questions from this thread. Some questions had to be asked again in chat to actually get an answer. I missed half of it, so I'll have to go back and check to see how much she overlooked either purposefully or accidentally.

Amack
02-21-2014, 04:43 PM
It seems that morgana only grabbed select questions from this thread. Some questions had to be asked again in chat to actually get an answer. I missed half of it, so I'll have to go back and check to see how much she overlooked either purposefully or accidentally.

This is true, but the fact that Cole did ask them and we did get answers is HUGE improvement. We must give credit where it is due.

Market
02-21-2014, 04:43 PM
It seems that morgana only grabbed select questions from this thread. Some questions had to be asked again in chat to actually get an answer.

I give them a bit of latitude with this due to the sheer volume of our questions. However, I would really like to see some time taken to answer *all* of them here on the forums. Even if Trick sits down with a tape recorder and someone else at Trion takes dictation to do so. I suggested this idea of a "drawing board" section of the forums for this purpose to Dah a few months ago. While she thought it was a good idea, she said it wasn't something they were going to think about doing. This was due to the idea that when they have something to share with us, they do so over the stream anyway. Not really the answer I was looking for, but I accepted it... lol

Edit: "tape recorder"...... wow, show my age much?!?!? lol

Binky
02-21-2014, 04:44 PM
I missed it.
Waiting for the link for the recorded version.
I hate missing the chat window though.

Arsenic_Touch
02-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Market, Dahanese had me send her pms of lists to have them addressed, then gave me her email address so they wouldn't be jumbled up in pm. But I never used the email address. If they give me another email address, I'll start gathering up things to send directly to them.
These lists were outside of the livestream questions. Though it seemed like she delegated the questions to the live stream, which is already bloated so some things just didn't get looked at.

Market
02-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Market, Dahanese had me send her pms of lists to have them addressed, then gave me her email address so they wouldn't be jumbled up in pm. But I never used the email address. If they give me another email address, I'll start gathering up things to send directly to them.
These lists were outside of the livestream questions. Though it seemed like she delegated the questions to the live stream, which is already bloated so some things just didn't get looked at.

We have this in common!

I agree with the delegation comment, many times the stream left me feeling like they were less intended on answering the good questions and went instead with the ones that were easiest to answer. I've had many conversations back and forth with her on varied subjects and sometimes things would get answered and sometimes not.

One of the biggest suggestions I made to her week after week was for an infinitely higher degree of transparency in communication. I know you've shouted it to them more than once as well. With new people comes fresh attitudes, so let's just hope this is the beginning of something good!

However, none of us should be blind to the past which is so easily repeated!

Amack
02-21-2014, 04:56 PM
However, none of us should be blind to the past which is so easily repeated!

Quoted for truth.

Bonehead
02-21-2014, 05:26 PM
I need a link to the recording when it's up please.

Amack
02-21-2014, 05:38 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/505257633

Defiance starts around 1:28

Bonehead
02-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Thanks Mack

clubside
02-21-2014, 06:20 PM
I wish Trion would do multiple Livestreams titled to single games rather than the jumble they do now. For promotional purposes alone this would benefit them. I fell asleep and missed the Defiance part today but I have noticed on more than one occasion people coming in, asking about Defiance, being told to wait an hour only to never return. Given my disinterest in Rift and disdain for Trove I can guess others out there interested in an open world shooter would like to see a broadcast that focuses and promotes it rather than a company catch-all.

Getting answers is great but I'm sure these Livestreams have other aspects to their agenda. Since I doubt even a tenth of a percent of Defiance players have even logged into these forums Trion surely views their Twitch broadcasts as a time to promote and talk about their game to new players as well as service existing ones. I don't think they've come close to succeeding on any of these fronts and that's mostly due to a lack of vision or organization or skill or combination of those. From my talks with people in-game (most of whom have never thought of logging in, and I didn' for my first five months of play) on the various platforms Trion has yet to shake so many of their early launch issues that many are surprised by how much fun they are having and wish they'd started playing earlier.

Trion really needs to find a way to re-sell Defiance in general then perhaps the resources will be freed up to deal with the many issues brought up here.

Deunan
02-21-2014, 07:00 PM
From what I have seen, it goes by how fast the mobs get downed. Even if you are solo you can advance to the higher stages by just killing them fast enough. Don't quote me on this, it's just my observations.It's an accurate observation though. How fast you progress over the waves determines how many you get. The speed is measured based on the timer though so quite often even if you kill the first wave quickly, if some other player started the timer by drivng through the circle 3 minutes before you got there, you'll only get three waves because the damage is measured over that whole time.

I make it a point when arriving at a Blue Minor Arkfall Crystal alone to deliberately kill the first wave very slowly (about 3 to 4 times slower than I could). Even if other players arrive during the second wave and start killing mobs quickly, the bonus rounds usually aren't triggered.

Regarding the livestream session, not surprisingly, in terms of format it ran more smoothly. Sure they didn't answer a lot of questions, but they did answer some that I think some of us wanted answered such as an update about what is being done to remediate the "memory leak" issues, some disclosure about a common trigger for vehicle despawning and one avenue they're looking at to inhibit breaking the locks on the Warmaster prematurely.

Riz
02-22-2014, 02:55 AM
I wish Trion would do multiple Livestreams titled to single games rather than the jumble they do now. For promotional purposes alone this would benefit them. I fell asleep and missed the Defiance part today but I have noticed on more than one occasion people coming in, asking about Defiance, being told to wait an hour only to never return. Given my disinterest in Rift and disdain for Trove I can guess others out there interested in an open world shooter would like to see a broadcast that focuses and promotes it rather than a company catch-all.
Agreed, it's a drag sitting through an hour of livestreaming watching 2 games come first in which i absolutely have no interest in. Things tend to get messy with 'fans' of 3 different games watching the same livestream, only being interested in their own part of the stream and asking questions about a game thats not being streamed yet.

That aside. Big, HUGE compliments for Cole! That first performance was way better then what i saw in almost a whole year from Dahanese. Instead of watching OverloadUT and Dahanese fook up every gameplay on every game, its great to see a host that knows hes not too good on Defiance, acknowledges that and invites a true pro like Trick to do the gameplay and answer the questions! He did the same with Trove, knowing that he's from the Rift-camp himself. A real pro knows when to play himself and when he needs to cover up his bad sides and needs to call in the help of specialists from the other 'camp'. That's how you do a livestream m8! Show some real skills and not die every 2 minutes.

Also, i liked the preparation! A list of questions that he asked Trick, who actually knew the answers and gave some real info. Man, i got so tired of watching Greg die every 2 minutes and answer every question with 'I'm not entirely sure...', 'I have to check back on that...', 'It's probably on the to-do list...' and 'I think the dev's are working on that... perhaps...'.

So Cole and Trick: Big compliments on your first livestream which outshined the former duo by far. And many thanks for actually providing some info and answers, and actually reading the chat and picking out some real questions on the spot and not skipping the hard ones. And above all, wonderfull gameplay! That quad-driving was from another planet haha.

EDIT: Forgot to mention a thing that made me real happy. Someone mentioned a problem and Trick said they already looked into that, but it wasnt on the priority-list since that issue wasnt a real gamebreaker. And -to quote Trick- 'There are many many gamebreaking issues in Defiance that we NEED to adress first'. We all know that despite being a good shooter and an addicting game Defiance suffers from many many gamebreaking issues. It shows commitment and good sense to actually say this on livestream. Not keeping it quiet and duck away from questions adressing that. It shows he cares and is actually working on it, it refilled my trust in Trion. Not denying, just admitting it and say you do the best you can. Wonderfull! Certainly since we could see with our own eyes that Trick knew what he was doing ingame. He knows his stuff, and that was not something the streams showed before.

Etaew
02-22-2014, 06:30 AM
Okay I have the answers typed up:

http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php?answered&t=9&date=2014-02-21

rebtattoo
02-22-2014, 12:48 PM

http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php?answered&t=9&date=2014-02-21Thank you very much! I find your site very helpful and want to thank you for all that you've done and continue to do.

bigguy
02-22-2014, 01:38 PM
i second what reb said , thanks

Iceberg
02-22-2014, 01:43 PM
So, I have a question but I won't be able to ask trick for next weeks one but I bet someone here could. If he said the reason the drop rate on the war master was dropped to 6% was cause it was not a normal raid boss encounter, taking an hour or two to complete, then is that going to be raised later?

He went to say about a fix for those who break the locks early and not having enough people to take on war master by having the encounter take longer before you reach war master. So if increasing the time it takes should translate into better drop rates, no?

Amack
02-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Quote from Trick during the stream. (2/21/14)

"It bothers the hell out of me and it happens all the time, but it only happens when you have lots of people around you. It has something to do with having someone else with a matching model of vehicle and having it despawn and that message gets confused and sends it to your car. We've not been able to reproduce it in laboratory environments and so we haven't been able to create a solution for it."

A few issues with the above quote.

1. It does not only happen while there are others around you.
2. See below - Posted 2/20/14

Hey guys, I actually received some good news this morning. They were able to replicate the issue. This means we are one step closer to fixing the issue. Just wanted to give an update.

We need to figure this out...

Binky
02-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Quote from Trick during the stream.

"It bothers the hell out of me and it happens all the time, but it only happens when you have lots of people around you. It has something to do with having someone else with a matching model of vehicle and having it despawn and that message gets confused and sends it to your car. We've not been able to reproduce it in laboratory environments and so we haven't been able to create a solution for it."

We need to figure this out...

Swell.
Tell Trick that he doesn't have to pay attention to the vehicles despawning out from under people when they're alone.
I wont mention the number of times it's despawned under me while I'm on my way to, or back to an arkfall or event from overpass or whatever other fast-travel or spawn point I've gone to.

No, really, it's OK. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't mind it a bit. No reason to be in a hurry trying to get to an event.
I really like it when I'm trying to get back to an event after getting respawned far away. I always like it best when the event ends before I get back anyway.

Manstan
02-22-2014, 04:16 PM

http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php?answered&t=9&date=2014-02-21

After reading through that I have a very good question. Why do we have to wait for DLCs to get updates/patches?

Etaew
02-22-2014, 04:20 PM
After reading through that I have a very good question. Why do we have to wait for DLCs to get updates/patches?

Blame the consoles ;), for a smoother play experience for them patches that require downloads are all bundled together and done less frequently (maybe also related to approval process for each of the consoles?). It is a barrier to play if your patchers is constantly downloading updates on a console. And they need to keep all the platforms running the same version to make development simpler and not have to manage multiple versions of code.

Atticus Batman
02-22-2014, 04:35 PM

(livestream answer)It is being addressed, that fix will go in with Gunslinger, the benefits from those shields are still good, we will be doing a fix which will fix that for your existing gear as long as they are below power rating 5. Anything that goes in your inventory that is below an arbitrary power rating threshold it gets boosted to your ego rating.

Ok I am sure that answer makes sense to the coders and hardcore numbers people in here, but could somebody please tell me what the jek it means?

r2nddan
02-22-2014, 04:36 PM
For xbox, microsoft takes 2 weeks to approve and test a patch. So companies send their dlcs and patches together. You dont need a dlc to patch, but it makes xbox happy to work on the patch when they now theyll make money off the dlc.

Atticus Batman
02-22-2014, 05:10 PM
For xbox, microsoft takes 2 weeks to approve and test a patch. So companies send their dlcs and patches together. You dont need a dlc to patch, but it makes xbox happy to work on the patch when they now theyll make money off the dlc.

It also makes it easier for those playing if the patch and dlc are released at the same time, so we don't have to dl the patch one and the game the next. We can just do both at once(back to back).

Binky
02-22-2014, 05:19 PM

It also makes it easier for those playing if the patch and dlc are released at the same time, so we don't have to dl the patch one and the game the next. We can just do both at once(back to back).

And PCs don't need MS or SONY to approve shtako, so why do we have to wait for a patch?

Trion has already proven many times that they don't mind rolling out a DLC for PC and Xbox while telling PS3 owners to just sit down, shut up, and wait.
And we already know that a platform server can be taken off line and restarted und der fingerpoken und mittengrabben at will by das Programmierer.

Absolutely no reason we couldn't or shouldn't get a patch completely separate from any DLC, as the patch is available.

The PC DLC =/= Xbox or PS3 DLCs, and the platform code is unique.
So it takes more work to roll a PC patch into a DLC than it takes to deploy either alone.

Fuzzle
02-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Ok I am sure that answer makes sense to the coders and hardcore numbers people in here, but could somebody please tell me what the jek it means?

Pretty sure by "power level" he simply means ego level. Any gear that has ego requirement of 5 or lower (so basically just equipment that has "---" as its level) will automatically get boosted to your current EGO level. You shouldn't have anything that low, as if I remember right you are 20 before you even leave the starter zone.

So quest items that had "---" like your Detu Ara should get set to be your ego level.

I'm not sure how that will effect things like the current iteration of grenades though.

Atticus Batman
02-22-2014, 05:27 PM
And PCs don't need MS or SONY to approve shtako, so why do we have to wait for a patch?

Trion has already proven many times that they don't mind rolling out a DLC for PC and Xbox while telling PS3 owners to just sit down, shut up, and wait.
And we already know that a platform server can be taken off line and restarted und der fingerpoken und mittengrabben at will by das Programmierer.

Absolutely no reason we couldn't or shouldn't get a patch completely separate from any DLC, as the patch is available.

The ps3 issue is NOT Trion's fault and has nothing to do with it. Look at any game forum. Ps3 is ALWAYS the last to get their stuff! Me3, Skyrim, and Borderlands 2 are three others that made Ps3 wait. do I have to keep naming them, before people realize it is Sony that causes the wait for the Ps3 stuff?

Amack
02-22-2014, 05:30 PM
The ps3 issue is NOT Trion's fault and has nothing to do with it. Look at any game forum. Ps3 is ALWAYS the last to get their stuff! Me3, Skyrim, and Borderlands 2 are three others that made Ps3 wait. do I have to keep naming them, before people realize it is Sony that causes the wait for the Ps3 stuff?

You would be wasting energy on typing. Don't bother.
There is that crowd that has no idea what they are talking about (not pointing any fingers, speaking in general) but they insist on doing it anyway.

Atticus Batman
02-22-2014, 05:36 PM
You would be wasting energy on typing. Don't bother.
There is that crowd that has no idea what they are talking about (not pointing any fingers, speaking in general) but they insist on doing it anyway.

Quit quoting me before you fix my errors in the quote! And then pm me so I know what to fix dang it. You are making me realize that I make more simple errors than I thought! :mad::p:cool: lol

Amack
02-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Quit quoting me before you fix my errors in the quote! And then pm me so I know what to fix dang it. You are making me realize that I make more simple errors than I thought! :mad::p:cool: lol

No worries, I re-quoted it for ya. ;)

Atticus Batman
02-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Pretty sure by "power level" he simply means ego level. Any gear that has ego requirement of 5 or lower (so basically just equipment that has "---" as its level) will automatically get boosted to your current EGO level. You shouldn't have anything that low, as if I remember right you are 20 before you even leave the starter zone.

So quest items that had "---" like your Detu Ara should get set to be your ego level.

I'm not sure how that will effect things like the current iteration of grenades though.

Thank you that does make more sense, hopefully that includes the pre-order weapons I chose to keep around as well. Plus any of the arkfall code weapons people still have.

Binky
02-22-2014, 05:39 PM
The ps3 issue is NOT Trion's faultand has nothing to do with it. Look at any game forum. Ps3 is ALWAYS the last to get their stuff! Me3, Skyrim, and Borderlands 2 are three others that made Ps3 wait. do I have to keep naming them, before people realize it is Sony that causes the wait for the Ps3 stuff?
And if all the platforms DLCs and or patches being rolled out on the same day was important to TRION, they would notice that:

1.) PC needs no review by anyone.
2.) Xbox needs ~ 2 weeks review by Microsoft.
3.) PS3 needs ~ 4 weeks review by SONY.

And noting this, they would 2+2=4, and QED:

"Lets announce a release date 6 weeks after we submit to MS and SONY. And then when SONY comes back with a thumbs-up in 4 weeks, we release (6-4=2) 2 weeks EARLY and look like HEROs."

Nupe, they already don't care, as demonstrated so often, they make PC wait for MS, and they make PS3 just wait for those 2 extra weeks because, well, what the jekk....?

If they cared, they'd use my plan above.
If they didn't care, ( as they keep selectively showing us), then why make PC wait for MS?

:rolleyes:

Dude:
Speeling doesn't count on the intertubes.
We ALL fatfinger stuff.
We love you anyway.

Atticus Batman
02-22-2014, 05:42 PM
And if all the platforms DLCs and or patches being rolled out on the same day was important to TRION, they would notice that:

1.) PC needs no review by anyone.
2.) Xbox needs ~ 2 weeks review by Microsoft.
3.) PS3 needs ~ 4 weeks review by SONY.

And noting this, they would 2+2=4, and QED:

"Lets announce a release date 6 weeks after we submit to MS and SONY. And then when SONY comes back with a thumbs-up in 4 weeks, we release (6-4=2) 2 weeks EARLY and look like HEROs."

Nupe, they already don't care, as demonstrated so often, they make PC wait for MS, and they make PS3 just wait for those 2 extra weeks because, well, what the jekk....?

If they cared, they'd use my plan above.
If they didn't care, ( as they keep selectively showing us), then why make PC wait for MS?

:rolleyes:

Got it, NO game company is allowed to release ANY content until the almight Sony crapertainment says so!

What everyone refuses to realize is that the Pc standard is WINDOWS, witch is OWNED by MICROSOFT! So Microsoft does have some say over the content released on windows. They have patches that need approved as well, it is just not well known or acknowledged by most of Pc's elitists.

Binky
02-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Got it, NO game company is allowed to release ANY content until the almight Sony crapertainment says so!

What everyone refuses to realize is that the Pc standard is WINDOWS, witch is OWNED by MICROSOFT! So Microsoft does have some say over the content released on windows. They have patches that need approved as well, it is just not well known or acknowledged by most of Pc's elitists.

hehehe.... heh....
no, really.... heh....
:D

btw, take note of the stuff I added at the end of my post that you didn't get, because you quoted me before I read further thru the thread.

Amack
02-22-2014, 08:15 PM
What is is going to take, really?
Not *all of us* here have an IQ of 10.
Stop treating us like we're stupid.
Insulting people's intelligence is never good policy.
The only thing you are truly accomplishing is hurting your own reputation and our trust level.

DSW
02-23-2014, 02:22 PM
High resolution textures for PC

I still have it on our engine programmers to look into, the textures are there you have them and you see them inside the cinematics and it's just a matter of not breaking everyones machines when we turn them on. I would love to have it in for the next DLC.

and no mentioning of Thunderer and Typhoon. its not about breaking old PCs with hi-res. its about SIMPLY HAVING noraml textures there.

How can you obtain the Heavy Plasma Repeater?

It's totally in the loot tables inside of arkbreaks, its a pretty rare drop.

its so rare noone seen it since dlc2 launch, yeah.

What can be done about warmaster locks being broken early?
The most friendly way to go about doing that is by having a longer period before you even get to the lock room, and that would best be done by extending the space there so there is a longer build up and a longer fight.

eww, just add the damned circle point with 8 ppl requirement.

Arsenic_Touch
02-23-2014, 03:12 PM
its so rare noone seen it since dlc2 launch, yeah.

I'm not buying it either. But since he said it was basically the burst sniper rifle, I'm not too worried any more since that gun is terrible anyway. :p So I'm not going to push the issue any longer.

Amack
02-23-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm not buying it either. But since he said it was basically the burst sniper rifle, I'm not too worried any more since that gun is terrible anyway. :p So I'm not going to push the issue any longer.

Ya, they are in the game just like the VBR was and just like the Orange Lightning Rifles, Typhoon ARs, and Thunderer Pistols are in the game...

4ndreas
02-23-2014, 05:03 PM
bla bla bla

Im sorry if that is a proble for you Dumbman ...

Binky
02-23-2014, 05:13 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/353/279/e31.jpg

DSW
02-23-2014, 09:53 PM

a cold fire version of Ranger or so? then i'm not worrying too :)

Arsenic_Touch
02-23-2014, 11:10 PM
a cold fire version of Ranger or so? then i'm not worrying too :)

No, just a clone of the cyclone. It's a charge sniper rifle. At least that's what trick made it sound like on the live stream, no one really knows because despite being told it can drop, no one has seen one, ever. Reminds me of the volge battle rifle, oranges dropping off regular mobs, beta weapons being different from live weapons, mod synergies dropping, volge emergency drop nerf, warmaster drop nerf, scavenger sniper rifle, orange typhoon, lightning rifle and thunderer, et cetera.

Bonehead
02-23-2014, 11:16 PM
No, just a clone of the cyclone. It's a charge sniper rifle.

Blechhhhh.