PDA

View Full Version : Trion: A suggestion regarding faction/company vendors...

Lillith Valerian
02-16-2014, 09:16 PM
So....players can't trade weapons they pull from vendors. Everybody but the devs seem to understand what an unbelievably lame let down this is, and it's gone over about as well as a pile of shtako in church.

In most cases, this can end up being a giant waste of time, resources, and effort. Most people seem to prefer trading or selling off most of the weapons the RNG bestows on them, rather than keep them. This often make getting what you find a disappointment, even if the weapon might be considered a great weapon, on the wider public appreciation net of the open market. Cut off from that, rewards are reduced to a very narrow, minimal, value of personal usefulness only.

Titles that can be bought from faction/company vendors are a joke that no one I know seems to know the purpose of. They're just a waste of hard-earned rep for a 'position' that has no tangible value.

What about combining the two, to solve the problems they both have? Equipment spawned by the faction/vendors cannot be traded...unless both parties have the (highest) title available from that particular faction or vendor. In effect, it 'authorizes' them to trade or sell with others 'in the club', so to speak, which not only gives us a chance to make money off of what we get, but also gives something of a purpose to earning those titles everyone seems to scoff at.

I'd rather we just be able to sell/trade stuff without any restrictions, but this would at least meet half-way, rather than just 'no'...'why?'....'because the devs said so'.

Amack
02-16-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm scared to even post here now. (not really but I imagine that will make a few people feel better about themselves)

You have one heck of an idea there. I like it.

We have to consider the reasons why they set it up the way they did though.
By setting the items to non-tradeable they can safely increase the drop rates (and the chase for rep points) without risk to game balance. While implementing your idea would safely reduce the risk to game balance, it could still throw things out of whack in the long run.

Finding another reason to want those titles would be very good, and hopefully Trick is taking some notes... because that would be another path to increase the chase.

Lillith Valerian
02-16-2014, 09:47 PM
By setting the items to non-tradeable they can safely increase the drop rates (and the chase for rep points) without risk to game balance.

That would make sense, but....two things.

1.) Have they actually increased the drop rate to make up for it? Would they admit it if they did?

2.) Is the (possible) increased chance worth the absolute-value loss of denying trading and selling?

I'm curious if skeptical about the first, and believe the answer to the second would be absolutely not.

Amack
02-16-2014, 09:54 PM
That would make sense, but....two things.

1.) Have they actually increased the drop rate to make up for it? Would they admit it if they did?

2.) Is the (possible) increased chance worth the absolute-value loss of denying trading and selling?

I'm curious if skeptical about the first, and believe the answer to the second would be absolutely not.

1. From what I have heard of people pulling many oranges out of those vendors, yes I believe the chance has been increased.

2. I don't see this as such a big issue, simply because it is the players choice of how they want to spend their time. If their goal is to gain scrip by trading and selling, they would want to avoid the vendor rep boxes. If all they are worried about is their personal character gaining nice weapons and/or filling the slots with oranges for pursuits then going for those boxes would be much more beneficial.

Haifisch
02-17-2014, 12:39 AM
I like this idea.

dejarnat
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
I also like this idea. I recently came across some vendor items that I could not use since I do not have any of the DLC's. I was forced to sell them as I could not use them, which is a shame because they seemed decent and I would have been willing to give them away since I couldn't use them.

N3gativeCr33p
02-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Another great concept... it's just too bad that player suggestions (like this one) aren't taken seriously.

dramaQkarri
02-17-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm scared to even post here now. (not really but I imagine that will make a few people feel better about themselves).

Oh stop. LOL you were just the other side of snarky earlier...much to my amusement!

JAMiAM
02-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Finding another reason to want those titles would be very good, and hopefully Trick is taking some notes... because that would be another path to increase the chase.

Perhaps some combination of positive skewing of the corresponding vendor's mod/gear box result tables, and/or additional rep gains on vendor missions, correlating to the rank of the titles could be considered?

Amack
02-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Perhaps some combination of positive skewing of the corresponding vendor's mod/gear box result tables, and/or additional rep gains on vendor missions, correlating to the rank of the titles could be considered?

Additional rep gains after you get the title... BINGO!

Atticus Batman
02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
I am not bugged by rep vendor items being non-tradable. What bugs me is that all chargblades/katanas are non-tradeable. Either make it so a blade gotten from a drop or standard lockbox (I beleive only t3 has a chance) can be traded. Or make it so you can ONLY get the chargeblades from the Thorn vendor, and the Katana from the 7th legion! They keep saying all lockbox and droppable loot items are trade-able, but both chargeblades and katanas are exsempt from that rule.

Amack
02-17-2014, 04:39 PM
I am not bugged by rep vendor items being non-tradable. What bugs me is that all chargblades/katanas are non-tradeable. Either make it so a blade gotten from a drop or standard lockbox (I beleive only t3 has a chance) can be traded. Or make it so you can ONLY get the chargeblades from the Thorn vendor, and the Katana from the 7th legion! They keep saying all lockbox and droppable loot items are trade-able, but both chargeblades and katanas are exsempt from that rule.

Trick did say he was considering making the box swords tradeable. This wouldn't likely happen until the melee system is put in place though.

Atticus Batman
02-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Trick did say he was considering making the box swords tradeable. This wouldn't likely happen until the melee system is put in place though.

You mean in a year? They already said they aren't currently looking into adding a new melee system because it would interfere with the current weapon overhaul they are working on.

(Exerpt from http://www.defiancedata.com,
exact page is http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php?answered&t=9&date=2014-02-14)
"Could we see a melee skill line?
No word, we're doing a big update on our weapons and we're not complicating it by adding a new skill
Answer from Livestream 4 days ago"

Unless you aren't talking about the melee skill and mean a different improvement.

Amack
02-17-2014, 05:00 PM
You mean in a year? They already said they aren't currently looking into adding a new melee system because it would interfere with the current weapon overhaul they are working on.

(Exerpt from http://www.defiancedata.com,
exact page is http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php?answered&t=9&date=2014-02-14)
"Could we see a melee skill line?
No word, we're doing a big update on our weapons and we're not complicating it by adding a new skill
Answer from Livestream 4 days ago"

Unless you aren't talking about the melee skill and mean a different improvement.

It is exactly what I am talking about... and I believe the term "Better late than never" applies.

They don't want to complicate it? Sounds like a darn good reason to me.
Of course, if they did complicate it, then we would have something else to complain about yaaay.

Atticus Batman
02-17-2014, 05:03 PM
It is exactly what I am talking about... and I believe the term "Better late than never" applies.

They don't want to complicate it? Sounds like a darn good reason to me.
Of course, if they did complicate it, then we would have something else to complain about yaaay.

Except that a melee skill should have been added when melee weapons were added. So that is a lame excuse on their part.

Amack
02-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Except that a melee skill should have been added when melee weapons were added. So that is a lame excuse on their part.

I can't argue that Batman. We do have a choice here though. We can choose to be patient or we can choose to hold things against them that will in no way further our cause.

Atticus Batman
02-17-2014, 05:09 PM
I can't argue that Batman. We do have a choice here though. We can choose to be patient or we can choose to hold things against them that will in now way further our cause.

Be a patient? NO WAY! I might end up with you as my doctor!
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/090/d/1/evil_doctor_by_no_life94-d4uj4ns.jpg

Amack
02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Grin, that was a good one. Hopefully we both are smiling now.

Bonehead
02-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I would not want to be that bunny.
He's not smiling.

Atticus Batman
02-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Grin, that was a good one. Hopefully we both are smiling now.

I think everbody except that poor bunny (maybe the doctor's dinner?) is smiling! :p