PDA

View Full Version : Seige and Incursion Etiquette

jackdaws_1999
02-17-2014, 01:36 AM
Since the doors have been blown off of my attempt to keep OJ drop rates from reaching dev ears at seiges and incursions, I thought it may be about time to write up a quick etiquette guide for those running sieges and incursions.

First of all, here is the basic scores people require for each:

Incursions at Mount Tam: 27k for teir 10.

Volge seiges and incursions: 40k for teir 10.

Afflicted seiges and incursions: 27k for teir 10.

Secondly allow me to ellaborate as to why this guide is needed. If some one gets a teir 10 from a soi (seige or incursion) then there is a good chance (not sure percentage) of getting an OJ weapon. These weapons are tradable. Thus for every person getting an OJ the pool of OJs increases. Now some people dont trade them I appreciate that, but most do. Therefore it is in everyones interests to increase the pool of available OJs.

Now onto the really complicated part.

When person A gets to the Teir 10 reward score, please stop killing enemies, please allow persons B, C - ad infinitum to try for the T10 reward also.

Therefore,

when at afflicted or mutant soi Stop at 27k score,

at Volge soi stop at 40k.

Feel free to run BMGs and heal, pick people up etc., score as much as you want in terms of heal assists, they dont affect other peoples scores, but kill stealing, damage dealing, and general ******gery may make you feel bigger about yourself, but trust me when I say "You Are Harming The OJ POOL". I am always impressed more by a big damage number followed by huge heals assist, than just a high damage number.

Now onto the first part of trolling this will recieve, No I am not a noob, I solo volge seiges and get in excess on 250k per seige. I almost never appear outside of the top 10 at arkfalls, and Im seriously big headed about my ability to kill shtako (and aint afraid to gloat about it). I am also not really that bothered by people accidentally stealing kills, or people stealing them when they dont have the t10 score limit.

However, people who reach the t10 limit, then decide to push that limit UP, are simply stealing OJs from the community in general... this is bad.

Here is what I propose (and do regularly), once you bust up some shtako and reach your t10 before anyone else, post in chat "t10, backing off". Then switch to heáls and boosting peeps around you.

Its not rocket science, its plain old uncommon sence.

Chump Norris
02-17-2014, 01:46 AM
I do this for the most part but if I reach my 40k (I only do volge sieges) and I see people neglecting to defend a capture point I will defend it solo. I feel I have better luck with drops when the the siege end and all 3 points are blue. I almost always end up around 50k-60k because of this and if people hate me for it w/e but im not going to let capture points fall.

I always do my best to not KS at sieges and give people time to show up for them before I start it if I happen to be first.

I know thats alot of "I's" but that is how most people seem to treat sieges.

Bonehead
02-17-2014, 01:53 AM
It's the return of Fafa Man's dancy dance protocol!
When you get to the top tier, dancy dance!
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?144043-Come-dancy-dance-with-me&highlight=dance

drackiller
02-17-2014, 01:55 AM
Thow i agree with some mesure of etiquette i can only say that i never had an orange drop from a volge siege or the other two.
NEVER.
So i just don`t care anymore for the score.
Incursions are unplayable because of the immense lag. I just go there to lvl up my weapons ang get XP.

DJ51
02-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Thank you for posting this tidbit of info.
I also have solo'd volge and though not an "Ace" will now back off when and if I reach these scores.
I can support the theory of OJ awarding as I have twice after achieving these scores got one oj pulser at volge siege ( score @45k) and OJ Scattergun at Kenn Farms (think it was 25-28k)
While I have dozens of OJ's like many I'm still chasing that elusive pistol or even AR/LMG/ OJ

TL:DR Yes time to stop when reach score I agree with results.

jackdaws_1999
02-17-2014, 04:23 AM
I would like to start with an appology to regular and irregular forum users, this was more posted for non forum peeps. I have seen many of the regulars on here at soi's, and bar some friendly competition between certain groups, for the most part are already adhearing to this.

This was posted in a brief moment of rage at some rather childish comments from in game d bags. I would like it to be appreciated in that light.

I would like some kind of in game etiquette established like this, circumstances allowing (appreciated Chump Noris's point). Something all clans can teach new members as some kind of unwritten (written) protocol.

Midgard sign this, we do solemnly swear not to be d bags if we can help it. We promise to aid and abet all whom join us in populating the OJ pool as thickly as is godly possible :P

Anyway, good hunting, may scrip and scrap fall on you all like bullets at a forge, defiance and all that.

melkathi
02-17-2014, 04:24 AM
if people hate me for it w/e but im not going to let capture points fall.

Isn't there a 10% score bonus for everyone for every capture point under player control? If people hate you for helping them get higher scores, they are idiots, no?

firemist
02-17-2014, 04:27 AM
I agree with the practice and will do it

Bonehead
02-17-2014, 04:30 AM
I do this for the most part but if I reach my 40k (I only do volge sieges) and I see people neglecting to defend a capture point I will defend it solo. I feel I have better luck with drops when the the siege end and all 3 points are blue. I almost always end up around 50k-60k because of this and if people hate me for it w/e but im not going to let capture points fall.

I always do my best to not KS at sieges and give people time to show up for them before I start it if I happen to be first.

I know thats alot of "I's" but that is how most people seem to treat sieges.

If you are solo at the cap point you're not keeping any one from getting a high score.

jackdaws_1999
02-17-2014, 04:43 AM
If you are solo at the cap point you're not keeping any one from getting a high score.

Quite, but still stalling on t10 is good practise.

Another point made to me by a clan mate (read smart ar...), at ken farm incursions, ask if people want t10 guys to help either:
A) help clear mobs till hulker spawns.
B) help damage but not kill said hulkers.
C) or just drop spikes and heal.
D) combo of above.

I guess, its just down to the mood of the pugs at that time. Thoughts on this?

DFawkes
02-17-2014, 05:36 AM
I didn't even realise this would be an issue, so I'm glad I've read this. I usually play for the fun of playing rather than for stuff like loot (though it is a nice bonus), so just shot stuff and generally enjoyed myself. No-one said anything about it on chat so I didn't think anyone took issue with others generally enjoying themselves.

Then again, I think we were lucky enough to always have a relatively low number of people joining in (10 or so), where everyone were hitting roughly the same scores. It's more something for me to consider in future, as I quite enjoy playing medic too and wouldn't mind a quick loadout switch if necessary :)

Astropath
02-17-2014, 06:40 AM
I like it. My idea of etiquette was reaching T10 and then changing my loadout to something less effective that needs leveling or new weapons I want to test. After T10 I leave the best and easiest enemies (i.e. bombers, elite troopers) for other people. I also go around recapturing undefended points. Despite this, my score often reaches 60k+ at volge sieges and I feel bad when other people end up just below the T10 goal.
I barely even acknowledged the existence of BMGs to this point, but like I said, I like the idea and I'll do it from now on.

Related question: can you do 2 sieges at the same time? I do one, get to T10, then I drive to the next one. What will happen? Do I get rewards from both, or is my contribution to the first reset when I start the second one?

Edit:

Doesn't being on top of the list increase your loot chance? I got a few OJs from volge sieges, but it was only the case when I was on or near the top.

N3gativeCr33p
02-17-2014, 06:44 AM
Great thread, Jackdaws! :applause:

bigdawg21180
02-17-2014, 07:06 AM
I know Trick said Mt. Tam siege is scored like afflicted siege at 27k. But yeah just one more thing he is wrong at or unaware of. I have scored 20k, 22k twice and 23k on last 4 I've done there and each time I got T10 reward. So its definitely not 27k like afflicted

jschmuck33
02-17-2014, 07:11 AM
Related question: can you do 2 sieges at the same time? I do one, get to T10, then I drive to the next one. What will happen? Do I get rewards from both, or is my contribution to the first reset when I start the second one?

No, you can't do this, at least not the few times I tried it. I had a couple times where I tried this when they first put in sieges and every time I did I didn't get the rewards from the first siege. If someone has proof that says otherwise I would love to hear how to get rewards from both though.

N3gativeCr33p
02-17-2014, 07:13 AM
I know Trick said Mt. Tam siege is scored like afflicted siege at 27k. But yeah just one more thing he is wrong at or unaware of.

Hopefully he makes it out of the woods okay, and has a revised answer/reply for this. If you'll remember, a trip to the woods never really ended well for Adriana...

http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/drea_de_matteo_2004_04_24.jpg

bigdawg21180
02-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Hopefully he makes it out of the woods okay, and has a revised answer/reply for this. If you'll remember, a trip to the woods never really ended well for Adriana...

http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/drea_de_matteo_2004_04_24.jpg

Didn't end well for Ned Beatty in Deliverance either. But I surely wouldn't post that picture on here. So yea lets hope for the best for Trick lol

BlaqWolf
02-17-2014, 06:44 PM
OP, you are wacked.

I go into a siege guns blazing, I *might* get 15k because I don't know where the sweet spots are. I'll get something blue, usually.

I go into one with my BMG healing all of the people I can't see I can get my score over 50k! My top score doing nothing but healing was just north of 75k, but usually it's 50-60k. I got nothing. Nadda. I didn't even place.

Why? I didn't do any damage. It's not about the 'score' it's about the damage, and that's not being shown to you.

Understanding I needed a couple of kills I changed up... BMG and 8 round clusterdrop netted 196 kills (somehow, red dots never became visible foes). One grenade spread and switch to BMG until I was at 63k netted me an OJ VOT Disruptor. Terribad gun but... that's more OJs than the WM has given me in 33 successful runs.

DSW
02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
OP, you are wacked.

I go into a siege guns blazing, I *might* get 15k because I don't know where the sweet spots are. I'll get something blue, usually.

just stick to Kenn Farm and kill yourself some hulkers. usually 2-3 of them are enough for 27500 score in incursion and you could get away with single kill on plain siege. :)

okay it's good if people will step aside to help others get top tier, but then again - BMGs are so damn shiney they could end up doing more harm than good because of others being unable to see s*** or even Hulker...

also i'll agree with BlaqWolf - we also have problem with scoring. siege and incursion scoring system are totally different. (you can even see it in final scoreboard - siege and incursion rewards have separate lines)
yes, you can go and make some tea upon reaching top tier in plain sieges, but in Incursions you have to fight your way to the top till the timer runs out just because it only counts your damage.

BifBologna
02-18-2014, 07:26 AM
As a mediocre player who's most likely one of the intended beneficiaries of your good intentions, aren't you potentially harming me at the same time? If all the top players back off as they hit their top tier score couldn't that affect the total number of stages completed for the event? Fewer stages would mean a smaller overall damage pool wouldn't it? I have no idea where the break-even point would be but it seems to me that if the top guys stayed on task the entire group would benefit from the increased damage pool available from the increased number of stages completed, even if it's only one or two.

Deunan
02-18-2014, 07:57 AM
Why? I didn't do any damage. It's not about the 'score' it's about the damage, and that's not being shown to you.It's not about damage. It is about score. I've gotten Tier 10 scores many times with only BMG heal assists and have a few orange items to show for it.

drackiller
02-18-2014, 08:02 AM
I scored T10 lots of times and got nothing to prove it. NOTHING.
Were is the logic in that if not pure random !?
Get of your shining and bright altars.

DSW
02-18-2014, 09:00 AM
As a mediocre player who's most likely one of the intended beneficiaries of your good intentions, aren't you potentially harming me at the same time? If all the top players back off as they hit their top tier score couldn't that affect the total number of stages completed for the event? Fewer stages would mean a smaller overall damage pool wouldn't it? I have no idea where the break-even point would be but it seems to me that if the top guys stayed on task the entire group would benefit from the increased damage pool available from the increased number of stages completed, even if it's only one or two.

well, top tier players are top tier because they don't leave survivors. so we actually need to see will it do good or bad. though as i stated before, it won't work with incursions.

jackdaws_1999
02-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Ok I am clearly going to have to put alittle more information into the community that I thought was common knowledge.

Damage at incursions does not affect the guns you get.

The score you get at the siege at the end of the incursion does affect what guns you get.

I have been at the mount tam incursion and scored on the leaderboard over 3 mil damage, nearest person to me got 2.5, then 2, then 1.9. My wife scored only 16k damage. I scored 18k at the siege part then had to go get the phone, she scored 35k through healing alone. I got 2 blues, she got an OJ Infector and a blue saw.

If you do more damage than anyone else, but fail to score a kill at the siege part of the incursion and end up with less than the teir 10 required score (had it been a straight seige rather than an Incursion siege), you will still recieve scrap all.

If you manage to get the kills, but do little damage, you wont appear at the top of the leaderboard (as the end board is damage based) at the end of the incursion, but if you achieved a t10 score, then you get a good chance at an OJ gun.

Kenn farms is a strange one, since you get a 5000 score for each heal assisted hulker kill.

Now at a straight seige, it is better to kill and kill lots, then switch to healing to allow others to get the kills (dependant on amount of people at the siege).

At the incursion seige at Kenn farms it seems better to use a BMG for the heal assists, since the likelyhood of landing the kills on things is sooooo very much smaller.

At the Kenn farms incursion seige its actually opposite to usual seige and incursion etiquette;
once you reach top teir, you are helping the vast majority of people by killing, and killing lots.

Its best to go off to where ever there is a hole in the defences and start plugging up the gap (killing the afflicted as they spawn). Only do this once you get to t10, as there will be some who start with damage and stick with it, therefore giving them a greater chance early on (while you sponge the score from their bullets).

So again I say, top teir players like myself and others (you know who you are), should adjust their gameplay to best enable the community as a whole to score teir 10s as well.

Once I hit teir 10, dependant on the situation (if there is nobody there at all, I just carry on), I either stop shooting bullets, and start keeping folks alive. Unless its kenn farm incursion, then I switch to high damage on dead areas so as to make waves pass quicker.

This should be the adopted mantra for all big hitters, at least until trion "fix" this as well, if we want to improve the pool of OJs.

dramaQkarri
02-18-2014, 10:49 AM
What's irking me most about the incursions is the fact that since Trion again screwed up getting it into the PS store with a ridiculous 2-week delay -- everyone who has DLC on PS3 is already doing them -- Lucky Kitties running around all over the place. And here I thought they were fools for getting the season pass...

DLC 3 is supposed to be in the store today, so when I get home I have to update game and then pound incursions to get them done QUICK!! -- before the whole PS3 community loses interest. I know I'm not the only one but it sucks.

I really think someone important at Sony must hate someone important at Trion.

Just sayin'.

Quebra Regra
02-18-2014, 11:02 AM
DOH! I had no idea that there was a max limit by area for a tier 10 reward. Sorry folks, I'll lay off once I cap from now on.

Chevota
02-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Etiquette... lol...

How well calls of etiquette worked with Arkfalls...
How well calls of etiquette worked with Sieges...
How well calls of etiquette worked with Arkbreaks...
How well calls of etiquette wont work with Incursions...

How well etiquette will ONLY work with Arenas (Simply because you get to CHOOSE the 3 people you co-op with.) At some point, if we get to do Arkbreaks as a CLAN, we'll have etiquette.

We all wanted a Cluster y'know of a game, and we got it. Free-For-All, the way it should be...

There is NO ETIQUETTE. I get mine, if you dont get yours, too bad.

P.S. ~ Some of us do show this "etiquette", but the fact is, the trolls are always out there, getting as much score as possible for no reason. Cap the reward without capping accumulative score = the Trolls win... Its a very simple fix, once Tier-10 is achieved, you no longer get points. Blame Trion, not the over-achievers of non-reward bonus scores.

Market
02-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Doesn't being on top of the list increase your loot chance? I got a few OJs from volge sieges, but it was only the case when I was on or near the top.

No, beyond reaching the Tier requirements, score has no bearing on quality of rewards. Everyone gets a box at the end of the event and that box is subject to the RNG. Placing first on a Leaderboard has zero effect on what comes from that box. As stated in the OP, reaching the highest Tier reward does give you a shot at a Legendary, but the chances of getting one are not made better by reaching a higher score than everyone else.

I've taken 1st at many Sieges (getting a score high enough for the best reward box) and only obtained blues or purples. I've also taken 9th place at a Dark Matter Ark Fall and was given an orange reward. Trick has verified a few times that score has no bearing on quality of reward, though the way many people play the game, it doesn't seem that well known. ;)

rebtattoo
02-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Stole this from myself in another thread with similar topic. I did this last night after reading this thread.

So, I'm at a Volge siege last night and around the 7 minute mark, notice I have my 40k. Being at mutant District, I go to the top of one of the arches that are abundant in that area to survey the action.

Not wanting to "steal" any of the kills, I would shoot until the health was almost gone and let whoever else was shooting get the kill.

Mind you, I could have easily doubled my own score. When the scoreboard popped, the only 3 ppl to score over 40k were me and my two clan mates. The other dozen or so ppl didn't even break 30k.

*Added*

This is not a solitary incident. It actually happens quite often. It's amazing how many people there don't give a **** about score anymore. They a there because they want to level weapons or whatever.

We had a discussion about this when the Tier Score change was announced. We even layed back, not doing any more damage after 40k.

We surmised, if you can't get 40k, aim better or get better weapons. Quite simple.

rebtattoo
02-18-2014, 02:13 PM
*snip*
P.S. ~ Some of us do show this "etiquette", but the fact is, the trolls are always out there, getting as much score as possible for no reason. Cap the reward without capping accumulative score = the Trolls win... Its a very simple fix, once Tier-10 is achieved, you no longer get points. Blame Trion, not the over-achievers of non-reward bonus scores.Or, in game competitions. There are several on the PS3 NA server currently competing.

Giren
02-18-2014, 02:22 PM
yeah those "top tier earners" spam nothing but detonators at spawn points. So when they do that I pull out a shield spanner/protector(the gold orb spanner) to annoy the **** out of them

maverick07
02-18-2014, 02:46 PM
I used to keep going past 20k back when 20k was still the amount. I thought it was better to do because we could progress farther in the siege and maybe hit Stage 10 if people needed that pursuit.

Now though I find myself starting to level weapons after hitting 40k. With the reduction in scaling hitting Stage 10 isn't challenging anymore. A friend and I almost cleared Stage 10 by ourselves the other day at the Quarry. Though if there are only a few people there, or everyone is Zaggering/Big Booming stuff as it spawns, I'll probably just end up keeping my Siege loadout on or I'll heal.

rebtattoo
02-18-2014, 02:49 PM
I used to keep going past 20k back when 20k was still the amount. I thought it was better to do because we could progress farther in the siege and maybe hit Stage 10 if people needed that pursuit.

Now though I find myself starting to level weapons after hitting 40k. With the reduction in scaling hitting Stage 10 isn't challenging anymore. A friend and I almost cleared Stage 10 by ourselves the other day at the Quarry. Though if there are only a few people there, or everyone is Zaggering/Big Booming stuff as it spawns, I'll probably just end up keeping my Siege loadout on.Agreed! Me and 2 clan mates made it to stage 12 one night last week. Was a hellish battle towards the end, but oh, what a ride it was!

Deunan
02-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I think this needs to be qualified by the caveat that this practice is only helpful at a well attended Siege as this didn't help anyone at the Afflicted Siege I did earlier today. I was going to stop at 27k but after getting 22k I accidentally got the killshot on a Hulker so I put away my Boomer at 41k and used my BMG. All that happened was all the points got overrun and there were dozens of Afflicted not being killed because, other than one other player, the handful of other players there were clueless about proper weapon selection for an Afflicted Siege. That player continued to rack up kills with a detonator to get score of over 60k, but given how many Afflicted there were it had no negative impact on the other players. They simply failed to achieve a Tier 10 score because of their own performance issues.

KylieDog
02-18-2014, 05:37 PM
I get to a T10 score and then switch to something I need level up/master. If I'm still killing to much when switch to casual mode then the problem is other player sucking.

son86
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Since the doors have been blown off of my attempt to keep OJ drop rates from reaching dev ears at seiges and incursions, I thought it may be about time to write up a quick etiquette guide for those running sieges and incursions.

First of all, here is the basic scores people require for each:

Incursions at Mount Tam: 27k for teir 10.

Volge seiges and incursions: 40k for teir 10.

Afflicted seiges and incursions: 27k for teir 10.

Secondly allow me to ellaborate as to why this guide is needed. If some one gets a teir 10 from a soi (seige or incursion) then there is a good chance (not sure percentage) of getting an OJ weapon. These weapons are tradable. Thus for every person getting an OJ the pool of OJs increases. Now some people dont trade them I appreciate that, but most do. Therefore it is in everyones interests to increase the pool of available OJs.

Now onto the really complicated part.

When person A gets to the Teir 10 reward score, please stop killing enemies, please allow persons B, C - ad infinitum to try for the T10 reward also.

Therefore,

when at afflicted or mutant soi Stop at 27k score,

at Volge soi stop at 40k.

Feel free to run BMGs and heal, pick people up etc., score as much as you want in terms of heal assists, they dont affect other peoples scores, but kill stealing, damage dealing, and general ******gery may make you feel bigger about yourself, but trust me when I say "You Are Harming The OJ POOL". I am always impressed more by a big damage number followed by huge heals assist, than just a high damage number.

Now onto the first part of trolling this will recieve, No I am not a noob, I solo volge seiges and get in excess on 250k per seige. I almost never appear outside of the top 10 at arkfalls, and Im seriously big headed about my ability to kill shtako (and aint afraid to gloat about it). I am also not really that bothered by people accidentally stealing kills, or people stealing them when they dont have the t10 score limit.

However, people who reach the t10 limit, then decide to push that limit UP, are simply stealing OJs from the community in general... this is bad.

Here is what I propose (and do regularly), once you bust up some shtako and reach your t10 before anyone else, post in chat "t10, backing off". Then switch to heáls and boosting peeps around you.

i will pay more attention to this not that i know that caps for tier 10 i knew it for the volge and when i reach 40000 around i revive and heal its great to know theres others out there im no noob! lets just say yesterday i raked in 6 oranges all usingg etiquette!!!!! i think thats what the devs are shooting for when i get num 1 spot 2 mil points i get **** i stop at cap n bam oranges purple every time !!!

otonagamer
02-18-2014, 06:49 PM
I didn't know about these tier mechanics. They should show current tier on screen in sieges to let people know when to stop killing. Is it possible to get 7th Legion OJs from Incursion siege? It feels almost impossible to earn kill before someone did but I'll try to use BMG then.

BTW, I once skipped Emergencies and did only Siege part on Mont Tam Incursion and ranked on top. But I got only Siege reward, no 7th Legion reward. I think you have to deal at least one kill or damage on emergencies to get 7th Legion reward.

Anyone has got 7th Legion outfit from Incursion?

Market
02-18-2014, 06:54 PM
I didn't know about these tier mechanics. Is it possible to get 7th Legion OJs from Incursion siege? It feels almost impossible to earn kill before someone did but I'll try to use BMG then.

BTW, I once skipped Emergencies and did only Siege part on Mont Tam Incursion and ranked on top. But I got only Siege reward, no 7th Legion reward. I think you have to deal at least one kill or damage on emergencies to get 7th Legion reward.

Anyone has got 7th Legion outfit from Incursion?

If I'm not mistaken, I think the outfits only come from the Supply Boxes. I think I've seen people talk of getting OJ 7th Legion weapons from the Incursion, but I'm a fan of evidence. While I'm not saying they're lying about it, I never take anything as fact until I see it for myself. I do believe it's possible, though.

As for the scorecard, it's jekked up. I was in an Incursion Siege with my son (he's in the next room) and we both placed on the leaderboard on our own screens. However, we weren't listed on each others screens.

Shoogli
02-18-2014, 08:38 PM
[...] I think I've seen people talk of getting OJ 7th Legion weapons from the Incursion, but I'm a fan of evidence. While I'm not saying they're lying about it, I never take anything as fact until I see it for myself. I do believe it's possible, though. [...]

Am still trying to find the exact quote from the livestream, but if I'm not mistaken it was said that the 7th legion weapons that drop on the score card can only be green or blue. Purple and oranges can only be on the vendor.

I'll edit this post once I find the relevant quote if I find it.

EDIT : here (http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php?answered&t=9), and do a find / ctrl-F on "7th legion". Question is named "Can we earn rare 7th Legion rewards from Incursions?"

Market
02-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Am still trying to find the exact quote from the livestream, but if I'm not mistaken it was said that the 7th legion weapons that drop on the score card can only be green or blue. Purple and oranges can only be on the vendor.

EDIT : here (http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php?answered&t=9), and do a find / ctrl-F on "7th legion". Question is named "Can we earn rare 7th Legion rewards from Incursions?"

Thanks for squaring that away, Shoogli! Much appreciated!! ;)

Shoogli
02-18-2014, 08:48 PM
You're welcome :o !

DSW
02-18-2014, 10:52 PM
As for the scorecard, it's jekked up. I was in an Incursion Siege with my son (he's in the next room) and we both placed on the leaderboard on our own screens. However, we weren't listed on each others screens.

by accident, wasnt you both listed at #21 there?

Market
02-18-2014, 10:57 PM
by accident, wasnt you both listed at #21 there?

I'm afraid I do not understand. :)

otonagamer
02-19-2014, 06:48 AM

Thanks for the confirmation. That explains why I got only rare even when I'm ranked on top. And Market, thank you too for the reply!

N3gativeCr33p
02-19-2014, 06:52 AM

AGREED!

Same thing happened to a few of us in Dawn Patrol as we were running an Incursion siege yesterday afternoon, but I can't remember the exact location on the map... a few of us had completely different scorecards at the end of the match.

What the jekk, Trion? C'mon man!

NeuroticHitman
02-19-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm glad that someone started a thread about this. I did an incursion last night at Kenn Farms that had 50-100 people present, and a very large percent spamming the map with boomers. I only saw enemies for maybe a second before they were gone. The Hulkers would be onscreen for maybe 15 seconds before the rounds would end (ending on like the 43rd round!).
I know that there is a segment of the population who are total score-wh.ores who think it's all about Numero Uno...top guy in that incursion had over 2 million total points (with 50+ people participating in it).
Too many people have ZERO honor when it comes to those events. I play with a small group of people and we ALL play for the req'd points and then bow out or try or break shields for easy kill points for the guy that needs'em (unless of course we are on a barren server).

Volge Sieges-40k (get your points and idle)
Afflicted Sieges-27k (get your points and idle)

Trading forum doesn't show any signs of this letting up though...several new post about "WTB Big Boomer"...***sigh***

Just sad...

Market
02-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Just sad...

Indeed. It's gotten to the point where I'll either use a Sludge Rocket and aim at the ground just to get the assist points and a piece of the drops, or I'll do that once or twice just to get some kind of score then stand around dancing until it's over. I'm not going to fight other people for kills/points.

I've bugged Trick and Dahanese about the greed-inspiring game play that was made much worse by the addition of Sieges since they put them in. It was a problem from the start with people running over Skitterlings at Ark Falls. Made infinitely worse by the scoring system at Sieges.

If the rewards were not dependent at all on your final score, I really wouldn't care much. However, they way they have it set up, many people seem to think because they hit 1st on a leaderboard that they are in some way benefiting over everyone else. Beyond hitting the minimum, it's just jekking other players out of their chances at a better reward.

Sadly, talking greedy people out of being greedy is about as pointless as screaming at the wind to stop blowing...

mr8liner
02-19-2014, 09:57 AM
Quite, but still stalling on t10 is good practise.

Another point made to me by a clan mate (read smart ar...), at ken farm incursions, ask if people want t10 guys to help either:
A) help clear mobs till hulker spawns.
B) help damage but not kill said hulkers.
C) or just drop spikes and heal.
D) combo of above.

I guess, its just down to the mood of the pugs at that time. Thoughts on this?

There is a slim chance that this is going to happen. 90% of the players at sieges don't care about other players and will get as much points as they can. I only do the volge and i will do ken farms. all of the other ones you guys can have.

You can't even get people to wait for 24 people to do the wm. this is a fart in the wind that no-one will catch

rebtattoo
02-19-2014, 12:07 PM
There is a slim chance that this is going to happen. 90% of the players at sieges don't care about other players and will get as much points as they can. I only do the volge and i will do ken farms. all of the other ones you guys can have.

You can't even get people to wait for 24 people to do the wm. this is a fart in the wind that no-one will catch90-95% of the players don't frequent the forums. They haven't got ppl bytching at them to not run up the score. They haven't got a "rule book" that tells them anything.

Ppl post threads like this all the time but a huge % of the player base aren't involved in these conversations. In my opinion, you're trying to inform ppl that are already informed. Useless.

Seriously. If you search the archives, you'll find several similar threads. All saying the exact same things...

ironcladtrash
02-19-2014, 12:21 PM
On the topic of etiquette I no longer care about starting a siege by myself. If I was there first and no one was around I used to send it out in zone chat to try to get people come and would get crickets or a very long wait. However as soon as the siege starts it seems to draw people in. Now I'll just say it in clan chat that I am at whatever siege and start it.

Overtkill21
02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Volge Sieges-40k (get your points and idle)
Afflicted Sieges-27k (get your points and idle)

LOL, I didn't realize there was a score police.

You know, I'm an Arkhunter, I'm a greedy bastard that gives two schtakos about your scoring rules. I don't use a Boomer, I don't spawn camp, and I am routinely the baddest mutha around...

Want me to limit my score?

No.

NeuroticHitman
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM
LOL, I didn't realize there was a score police.

You know, I'm an Arkhunter, I'm a greedy bastard that gives two schtakos about your scoring rules. I don't use a Boomer, I don't spawn camp, and I am routinely the baddest mutha around...

Want me to limit my score?

No.
How Clever...and you're on PS3 so have fun with that.

Overtkill21
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM
How Clever...and you're on PS3 so have fun with that.

Awww, an XBox user? LOL how's the XBox server stability?

NeuroticHitman
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Awww, an XBox user? LOL how's the XBox server stability?
......... :) ..........

Overtkill21
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM
I was just kidding, honestly I've been dealing with the lame server since launch and if it's getting like PS3 - there's a fix:

1. Every few Sieges, Incursions, Arkfalls - quit the game and dashboard yourself - this will severely limit your forced disco's.
2. Whenever you do get forced out - dashboard again and do not reenter immediately.
3. Keep an eye on names in the immediate vicinity when you are in a WM, likely a blue name is out there - use this as an anchor to reenter the same instance and you even keep your score.

Zugo
02-19-2014, 01:34 PM
At this point I have two options.

Use a BMG
Use an Explosive

There are way too many people being forced into each shard now to play the way I would like.

I arrive at an afflicted siege and find which Hulker is being killed first so I can at least get my 2000 assist points. All other other hulkers despawn as soon as one dies so it forces me to be at the highest populated area of the siege causing me disconnects routinely. All other enemy spawn locations have at least one person pitching camp with an explosive device that kills all enemies in a fraction of a second. I've seen damage numbers fly up that indicate I should have some assist points coming but my points do not change.

So now I either use a detonator and explode an area just before enemies might appear or run around with a BMG so that I can get my assist points. Not fun, and feels forced. I guess we could start posting images of our scores so that we can praise the guys who come closest to 27000.

rebtattoo
02-19-2014, 02:10 PM
At this point I have two options.

Use a BMG
Use an Explosive

There are way too many people being forced into each shard now to play the way I would like.

I arrive at an afflicted siege and find which Hulker is being killed first so I can at least get my 2000 assist points. All other other hulkers despawn as soon as one dies so it forces me to be at the highest populated area of the siege causing me disconnects routinely. All other enemy spawn locations have at least one person pitching camp with an explosive device that kills all enemies in a fraction of a second. I've seen damage numbers fly up that indicate I should have some assist points coming but my points do not change.

So now I either use a detonator and explode an area just before enemies might appear or run around with a BMG so that I can get my assist points. Not fun, and feels forced. I guess we could start posting images of our scores so that we can praise the guys who come closest to 27000.Its actually pretty easy to hit 27k if its heavily populated and more than 7 minutes left.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do" Pull out your BMG and get those assist pts. Hulker gives 5k each time. He spawns on a heavy populated siege roughly every 30 secs hit 6 of them and you're top tier. When you have your points, switch to a weapon you need to level or go "Dancin' in the Street".

Personally, I enjoy the incursions and sieges on the dead shards. Allows me to use my AR properly and is much more fun!

DSW
02-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Its actually pretty easy to hit 27k if its heavily populated and more than 7 minutes left.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do" Pull out your BMG and get those assist pts. Hulker gives 5k each time. He spawns on a heavy populated siege roughly every 30 secs hit 6 of them and you're top tier. When you have your points, switch to a weapon you need to level or go "Dancin' in the Street".

Personally, I enjoy the incursions and sieges on the dead shards. Allows me to use my AR properly and is much more fun!

huh. Hulker gives about 2k assist on PC-EU most of time.

Shoogli
02-19-2014, 02:18 PM
huh. Hulker gives about 2k assist on PC-EU most of time.

That's dmg assist, it's 5k for heal assist.

Deunan
02-19-2014, 02:19 PM
huh. Hulker gives about 2k assist on PC-EU most of time.He's talking about heal assists, not damage assists. Heal assists are based on the score received by the player your healing. Since it aggregates if you have enough players linked, you will get a score based on the score of the player who got the killshot (~20k) plus any other players you're healing.

Himura Kenshin
02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
I just heal with a BMG, it helps and still gets me score after I get to teir 10!

Nyamara
02-19-2014, 07:18 PM

Not happening here... I regularly hit rank 10 and keep going on, my view of it is that unless you can't keep up, then no need of being in the pit of fire with me. And unless you max out blah blah weapon skills, you are likely not going to keep up with me and my ability to accurately aim. Not cheating or anything, but I prefer precision and crit kills, and others just try to put damage on target... So I steal a kill or two here and there, learn to crit kill and you wouldn't have that issue then.

What I'm in it for is to have fun and the best way I can have fun in crowds is to compare myself with them... so if someone gets t10 and backs off, well good for them. They aren't one I'll be comparing myself to, so I keep pushing because I know others will too. And even if others didn't, I would still push because as the Roccat Scientist Dr. Erik J. Dale said on the Roccat Kone XTD mouse, "Never rest. Extend yourself further in all endeavors. The future is written by those who dare." copied word for word from the box.

EDIT:
Here is something Trion can do... No matter what ranking level anyone gets as long as they actively participate in the event and see it through from the time they enter it to the end of the event, they should get at least purple or gold weapon/shield chance. Then no need of people complaining about those that specifically don't care about what other people want to do for rules. There is no auction house here, so trading things is purely up to the discretion of the players, and as such no need of people to complain about them not getting any type of rewards.

Zugo
02-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Not happening here... I regularly hit rank 10 and keep going on, my view of it is that unless you can't keep up, then no need of being in the pit of fire with me. And unless you max out blah blah weapon skills, you are likely not going to keep up with me and my ability to accurately aim. Not cheating or anything, but I prefer precision and crit kills, and others just try to put damage on target... So I steal a kill or two here and there, learn to crit kill and you wouldn't have that issue then.

What I'm in it for is to have fun and the best way I can have fun in crowds is to compare myself with them... so if someone gets t10 and backs off, well good for them. They aren't one I'll be comparing myself to, so I keep pushing because I know others will too. And even if others didn't, I would still push because as the Roccat Scientist Dr. Erik J. Dale said on the Roccat Kone XTD mouse, "Never rest. Extend yourself further in all endeavors. The future is written by those who dare." copied word for word from the box.

EDIT:
Here is something Trion can do... No matter what ranking level anyone gets as long as they actively participate in the event and see it through from the time they enter it to the end of the event, they should get at least purple or gold weapon/shield chance. Then no need of people complaining about those that specifically don't care about what other people want to do for rules. There is no auction house here, so trading things is purely up to the discretion of the players, and as such no need of people to complain about them not getting any type of rewards.

So when you get to the party eat all the cupcakes and leave nothing for the rest so that you can "extend yourself further". I think of myself as an overall selfish person but I don't see your point when it comes to this topic. Does this make you feel superior in some way?

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 08:26 AM

EDIT:

No one can tell you how to play the game. But if you continue to just go in with this overly-competitive attitude, you will most likely find that you're playing alone. There is a co-op element to this game. If you like to beat everyone else to boost your own self-esteem, people will not like you. PVP is for being competitive so you should just go focus on that and stop spoiling everyone else's fun with your need to win everything. I don't see how it would be fun to win every time; I would think that would get as boring and tiresome for you as for the rest of us that continually put up with your crap. Again, can't make you cooperate but if you choose not to cooperate with other players, they will not like you. Just pay attention to that inevitable outcome and don't complain about it later. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Binky
02-20-2014, 08:46 AM
No one can tell you how to play the game. But if you continue to just go in with this overly-competitive attitude, you will most likely find that you're playing alone. There is a co-op element to this game. If you like to beat everyone else to boost your own self-esteem, people will not like you. PVP is for being competitive so you should just go focus on that and stop spoiling everyone else's fun with your need to win everything. I don't see how it would be fun to win every time; I would think that would get as boring and tiresome for you as for the rest of us that continually put up with your crap. Again, can't make you cooperate but if you choose not to cooperate with other players, they will not like you. Just pay attention to that inevitable outcome and don't complain about it later. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Thats pretty much why I stopped going to sieges and incursions.
Now I avoid a lot of places I used to have fun at before the scoring got stupid. Spamming a spawn point with a dozen Boomers indeed.
I'm mostly just leveling snipers at deserted places, and finding myself getting ready to follow all my friends who left a long time ago.
And I'm taking the rest of my money with me.

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Thats pretty much why I stopped going to sieges and incursions.
Now I avoid a lot of places I used to have fun at before the scoring got stupid. Spamming a spawn point with a dozen Boomers indeed.
I'm mostly just leveling snipers at deserted places, and finding myself getting ready to follow all my friends who left a long time ago.
And I'm taking the rest of my money with me.

Yep, I figured out last night I only need to level weapons to get to 5000, so I'm all about playing alone anyway. The lag is so bad as soon as I group or go do anything I get DC'd anyway. Only thing I will do is maybe some arkfalls but again, I leave as soon as a few others show up.

N3gativeCr33p
02-20-2014, 09:04 AM

EDIT:

Congrats, you're everything that's wrong with online gaming in general... be on the lookout for your e-cookie in the mail.

BTW, which platform do you play on?

NeuroticHitman
02-20-2014, 09:44 AM
no one can tell you how to play the game. But if you continue to just go in with this overly-competitive attitude, you will most likely find that you're playing alone. There is a co-op element to this game. If you like to beat everyone else to boost your own self-esteem, people will not like you. Pvp is for being competitive so you should just go focus on that and stop spoiling everyone else's fun with your need to win everything. I don't see how it would be fun to win every time; i would think that would get as boring and tiresome for you as for the rest of us that continually put up with your crap. Again, can't make you cooperate but if you choose not to cooperate with other players, they will not like you. Just pay attention to that inevitable outcome and don't complain about it later. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
EXACTLY!!!!

congrats, you're everything that's wrong with online gaming in general... Be on the lookout for your e-cookie in the mail.

Btw, which platform do you play on?

AGAIN...EXACTLY!!
I have ZERO problem "keeping up" with people in this game, and if you are on the 360 you will see me near the top of events (excluding the broken PvP that I don't participate in)...however that is beside the point. I enjoy being at the top the same as everyone else, but what do you get out of it? There is ZERO benefit for having 80k points in a volge siege when you only require 40k for a Tier 10 reward (aside form a fleeting bragging right that is not tracked in-game and disappears as quickly as it appears).
I'm a very competitive man, but I also know how to moderate myself.
This is a "COMMUNITY". If someone needs help I will help them, because long ago when I was new, there were people around willing to help me out.

I'm not too worried about mentalities such as yours because that sort of arrogance tends to work itself out on its own :)
Cheers.

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm not too worried about mentalities such as yours because that sort of arrogance tends to work itself out on its own :)
Cheers.

EXACTLY!!! Back at ya.

TASHINKA
02-20-2014, 10:20 AM
As for the scorecard, it's jekked up. I was in an Incursion Siege with my son (he's in the next room) and we both placed on the leaderboard on our own screens. However, we weren't listed on each others screens.I have a clan mate I frequently do activities with; in the last week or so, we can't see each others names on scoreboards for: arkfalls, warmaster, sieges and incursions about 80% of the time - weird (or should I say - Defiance)

TASHINKA
02-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Not happening here... I regularly hit rank 10 and keep going on, my view of it is that unless you can't keep up, then no need of being in the pit of fire with me. .

I]Never rest. Extend yourself further in all endeavors. The future is written by those who dare.[/I]" copied word for word from the box.

I'm all for extending yourself, but it seems you're more about kicking sand in people's faces. I too, can put up some decent scores at events, but I also try & help other players when I can - this is supposed to be a "cooperative" game unless you're playing PVP. imo

Market
02-20-2014, 10:41 AM
I have a clan mate I frequently do activities with; in the last week or so, we can't see each others names on scoreboards for: arkfalls, warmaster, sieges and incursions about 80% of the time - weird (or should I say - Defiance)

It's almost like the argument of comparing ones self to others in an event is quite invalid, huh? ;)

I'm glad that other people here responded to the "post of ever-dripping selfishness" because I've been biting my fingers over it since its posting. lol

Binky
02-20-2014, 11:38 AM
I have a clan mate I frequently do activities with; in the last week or so, we can't see each others names on scoreboards for: arkfalls, warmaster, sieges and incursions about 80% of the time - weird (or should I say - Defiance)
I did a Bolinas siege with Greg (Overload/UT) some months back on a live stream.
We got there at the same time, and were fighting together, but got separated at mid siege when another cap point opened up.
We were both in the top 20 on the scoreboard but we ended up scored on different scoreboards because we ended up fighting in or on different shards. It's all very complicated and involves mysticism and sacrificing goats and chickens to various IT deities, but, shtako happens.

The 'Different Shards' explanation was put forth by Trick.

DSW
02-20-2014, 11:40 AM
That's dmg assist, it's 5k for heal assist.

He's talking about heal assists, not damage assists. Heal assists are based on the score received by the player your healing. Since it aggregates if you have enough players linked, you will get a score based on the score of the player who got the killshot (~20k) plus any other players you're healing.

somewhat unexpected behavior to me

TASHINKA
02-20-2014, 11:57 AM
I did a Bolinas siege with Greg (Overload/UT) some months back on a live stream.
We got there at the same time, and were fighting together, but got separated at mid siege when another cap point opened up.
We were both in the top 20 on the scoreboard but we ended up scored on different scoreboards because we ended up fighting in or on different shards. It's all very complicated and involves mysticism and sacrificing goats and chickens to various IT deities, but, shtako happens.

The 'Different Shards' explanation was put forth by Trick.I don't completely understand the shard thing, but how can you be at the same event at the same time as another player and be on a different "shard"?? thinking about it is killing my brain cells

N3gativeCr33p
02-20-2014, 01:05 PM

Defiance. Definitely Defiance! lol

Binky
02-20-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't completely understand the shard thing, but how can you be at the same event at the same time as another player and be on a different "shard"?? thinking about it is killing my brain cells

When more people showed up, it got crowded.
When it got too crowded for the instance, the server ninja-split the crowd into 2 shards to lessen the crowd density.
During the instance.

TASHINKA
02-20-2014, 01:50 PM
When more people showed up, it got crowded.
When it got too crowded for the instance, the server ninja-split the crowd into 2 shards to lessen the crowd density.
During the instance.thank you - your explanation does make sense - the game doesn't like large crowds - but this has happened at sparsely populated events as well

Binky
02-20-2014, 02:01 PM
thank you - your explanation does make sense - the game doesn't like large crowds - but this has happened at sparsely populated events as well

I don't pretend to know it all, but I'm under the impression that it does that when it has to re-shuffle crowds, and at that point it might be shuffling people from crowded #1 and half-crowded #2 into semi-crowded numbers 1, 2, and 3.

Treasurekins
02-20-2014, 05:06 PM
It's the return of Fafa Man's dancy dance protocol!
When you get to the top tier, dancy dance!
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?144043-Come-dancy-dance-with-me&highlight=dance

Thanks for this thread! I ran around healing others while I was dancing in my mind (apparently I cannot do both at the same time). It was strangely satisfying since I knew there was no benefit to going beyond 40,000. I came 6th while others were up at 80,000. Does coming in first place secure me a place in heaven? Does it make all the men fall at my feet in utter awe (yes, I am female)? No, coming first does none of those things. While coming in first is satisfying, I can stroke my ego in other ways.

Two nights ago on PS3 NA I organized 2 successful Warmaster events. I advertised over zone chat for over an hour, had people make a commitment to showing up and then we went crazy on him once we had enough fire power in the room. It was a lot of fun and a few people even got a legendary weapon. I was not the top scorer and I did not get a legendary but I was happier than a pig in poop because others were happy. In my opinion, that is what community is all about.

Bonehead
02-20-2014, 05:16 PM
As long as there are leader boards, there will be more competition, and less cooperation, at these events.

DSW
02-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks for this thread! I ran around healing others while I was dancing in my mind (apparently I cannot do both at the same time). It was strangely satisfying since I knew there was no benefit to going beyond 40,000. I came 6th while others were up at 80,000. Does coming in first place secure me a place in heaven? Does it make all the men fall at my feet in utter awe (yes, I am female)? No, coming first does none of those things. While coming in first is satisfying, I can stroke my ego in other ways.

sometimes it just won't go another way. like when there's a completely moronic noobs at siege, rushing volges with BMG....

JAMiAM
02-20-2014, 08:21 PM

Insert bad "Lucky Kitty" joke here...;)

Bonehead
02-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Insert bad "Lucky Kitty" joke here...;)

I was thinking more of;
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/007/cache/spider-monkey_719_600x450.jpg

ironcladtrash
02-20-2014, 09:22 PM
As long as there are leader boards, There will be more competition, and less cooperation, at these events.

I wish we could do both score high and it be good for everyone. When they first introduced the sieges we had threads and discussions for how to score the highest and get the siege to progress to the furthest round. Some one doing well shouldn't be a detriment to other players it should be beneficial.

Darth Furian
02-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Seems like most of the time I play sieges and incursions solo. not a lot of other on when I am.
I do have a nice colletion of weapons, including a lot of "OJ" weapons. This is a helpful post, as I am new to the game and had no idea that there was a protocol to follow. Most of the time, I am simply trying to simply not get killed. I swear the volge have racial hatred for irathians, they always seem to gun for me first.

DSW
02-21-2014, 02:25 AM
Seems like most of the time I play sieges and incursions solo. not a lot of other on when I am.
I do have a nice colletion of weapons, including a lot of "OJ" weapons. This is a helpful post, as I am new to the game and had no idea that there was a protocol to follow. Most of the time, I am simply trying to simply not get killed. I swear the volge have racial hatred for irathians, they always seem to gun for me first.

nobody follows it at least on incursions.

Nyamara
02-21-2014, 02:28 AM
As long as there are leader boards, there will be more competition, and less cooperation, at these events.

This is so true. What is the point of having leader boards and what is the point of ranking out what damage group people get in unless it is to make the game inspire competition for players like me to compare themselves to other players with. It sucks for those that want cooperation, but if you want cooperation, why play a shooter game that is really a good single player game in a MMO style? If you want cooperation, play a game that don't use leader boards. That is like every MMO out there in regards to games like TERA, SWTOR, etc. However, Defiance uses leader boards and that basically makes the game where people like me like to compete for damage, kills, etc. that the leader boards help to keep going.

That is why I don't see a point in telling some people that they need to back off when they hit rank 10 of the damage rankings... There is no sense in that since you can keep going and get higher on the leader boards and feel better about your playing the game. I mean really, this game would be boring at times if you aren't challenging yourself by trying to beat other players at damage out put and kill count, etc. I mean, that aspect alone is good enough for some to keep them playing the game... For others, maybe it is a bad thing, but like many things in this game (bugs and content included) this is likely to never change.

TAG
02-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Mount Tam requirement is 20k FYI.

TAG
02-21-2014, 02:53 AM
I would like to start with an appology to regular and irregular forum users, this was more posted for non forum peeps. I have seen many of the regulars on here at soi's, and bar some friendly competition between certain groups, for the most part are already adhearing to this.

This was posted in a brief moment of rage at some rather childish comments from in game d bags. I would like it to be appreciated in that light.

I would like some kind of in game etiquette established like this, circumstances allowing (appreciated Chump Noris's point). Something all clans can teach new members as some kind of unwritten (written) protocol.

Midgard sign this, we do solemnly swear not to be d bags if we can help it. We promise to aid and abet all whom join us in populating the OJ pool as thickly as is godly possible :P

Anyway, good hunting, may scrip and scrap fall on you all like bullets at a forge, defiance and all that.

"Non forum peeps" doesn't make sense since we are the people who use the forum. People are not going to join the forums because of your thread. So I ask whats the point if the people who use the forums already know compared to people who will never know and never use forums?