PDA

View Full Version : need a new usb

DrSquiggles
02-18-2014, 08:02 PM
So after today's update my 16 GB Toshiba 2.0 usb is to small...
i want to know whats the best 32 GB one to get, i am thinking about getting the 32 GB Toshiba one since the 16 worked fine(for the 4 weeks i have had it) but i want to know what would be the best option. i have looked on here and in google, and a lot of people recommend a SanDisk Cruzer but i have also herd some bad things about it, so i wanted to hear from someone who has had the game for awhile and know what usb they use and would recommend.

i have the xbox 360 s, and i don't play many games so an HDD seems like it would be a waste of money at this time.
-Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Amack
02-18-2014, 08:05 PM
What I do suggest you always keep in mind when purchasing electronic components, of any brand or make is that there are a few bad eggs in every carton. Many times, especially with USB drives, it can be the luck of the draw.

DrSquiggles
02-18-2014, 08:21 PM
oh i see, well another question. does 2.0 or 3.0 matter? or are they both the same speed on the xbox? since im only going to be using this for the xbox and for defiance and maybe 2 other games.

Amack
02-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Generally speaking, the 3.0 drives will downgrade to 2.0 depending on the system requirements. I do not own an Xbox so I do not know it's requirements or recommendations.

DrSquiggles
02-18-2014, 08:31 PM
oh i see, well thank you for the quick reply.

MagnusRune Daltus
02-19-2014, 03:54 AM
what era 360 do you have? could get a larger hard drive for it? like i have a 320gb drive in mine. then just get a transfer cable which copies everything from old drive to the new bigger one, and your sorted.

stefb42
02-19-2014, 04:16 AM
The game isn't actually that big, mine used to be too big for my HDD so i deleted the whole thing of my HDD and re-installed it, now it only takes 7.2 GB, could be that a lot of the old patches and updates are now obsolete but remain on your system IDK, but deleting everything defiance off your usb and re-installing it should reduce its size consideribly, your character will not be effected as that data is stored on their servers

4ndreas
02-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Even if it's just for 2.0 port I recommend a Corsair Flash Voyager, they offer great speeds for 3.0 AND 2.0 (better than most 2.0 sticks I have seen).

N3gativeCr33p
02-19-2014, 06:46 AM
The game isn't actually that big, mine used to be too big for my HDD so i deleted the whole thing of my HDD and re-installed it, now it only takes 7.2 GB, could be that a lot of the old patches and updates are now obsolete but remain on your system IDK, but deleting everything defiance off your usb and re-installing it should reduce its size consideribly, your character will not be effected as that data is stored on their servers

This would be easier than having to go out and buy a new USB drive... unless you have to run to the store anyway, then forget what I've said. lol

DrSquiggles
02-19-2014, 11:28 AM
i had to go to Publix and staples is next door so i popped in over there and got the 64gb sandisk glide for 34.99.... since the 32gb one is 39.99 which makes no sense.

BlaqWolf
02-19-2014, 11:37 AM
They do have 128g USB drives now, you know.
My entire OS is on one ATM. Very effective security when you can take the boot partition with you.

There are ven 256g ones... if you want to pay the price. I certainly don't, but back on Black Fri I snagged 2 128'ers that are very nice.