PDA

View Full Version : What happened to ground on fire effects for players?

Xazur
04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
What happened to it? There used to be a pyro grenade which caused the area it detonated it to be engulfed in flames for like 6 secs dealing DoT.
I tried a flare pistol gun, which in the description says it burns the area it explodes on, all it does is do explosive damage and if enemies are near it, it will burn them.
There is also the GL Incendiary which is pretty much the same, and same effect.

Why has this effect been removed for players?

Dixa
04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
What happened to it? There used to be a pyro grenade which caused the area it detonated it to be engulfed in flames for like 6 secs dealing DoT.
I tried a flare pistol gun, which in the description says it burns the area it explodes on, all it does is do explosive damage and if enemies are near it, it will burn them.
There is also the GL Incendiary which is pretty much the same, and same effect.

Why has this effect been removed for players?

you have to find them first. i have only run across 2 or 3 white pyro grenade drops.

greens, blue and purples can have different effects including that fire patch you talk of.

DustOfDeath
04-02-2013, 03:43 PM
i know what he means... u can throw the grenade but ground wont burn... same with those weapons that cause ground to burn... no visual effect.

Xtheoneandonly
04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
I got a green pyrogrenade drop and have personally lit myself on fire with it twice....
It hurts, I don't reccommend it...

DustOfDeath
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
yeah thats the problem.. you dotn see the gorund burning so .. kind of hard to avoid it.

Xazur
04-02-2013, 03:48 PM
It's not that at all, the weapons themselves clearly don't have a patch of fire burning for 6 secs. It's only a fire explosion, and if your caught in it, you get lit on fire.

Xazur
04-04-2013, 09:57 PM
*BUMP* Anymore info on this? I am ego rating 510 and I am still waiting on when I will be able to set the ground on fire.

mcwjimbo
04-04-2013, 10:05 PM
I got a green pyrogrenade drop and have personally lit myself on fire with it twice....
It hurts, I don't reccommend it...

HA!

/10 char/

Warkaiser
04-04-2013, 10:10 PM
IIRC this was changed a few weeks back in Alpha. They removed the patch of fire on the ground and instead made it an instant fire effect. Im guessing this was most likely due to performance issues (imagine 50 people at an arkfall spamming patches of fire all over the place). Problem is the descriptions still say it creates a patch of fire on the ground when the effect has been changed.

In Alpha I was running a flare gun with a +4 mag on it. 5 patches of fire together very quickly. If you had several people running similar weapons it would cause lots of FPS issues especially on lower end systems.