PDA

View Full Version : I buy 3 mod hoards and only get 2

ricolicious
02-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Ok so I purchased 1800bits from the defiance store on xbox ( I have an emailed receipt from xbox) and i purchase 3 600 bit mod hoards from the store

I notice I only actually get 2 . And I have no bits left.

So I submit a ticket saying they did not give me all what I had purchased... This is their reply

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

When you purchase a Lock Box it is automatically activated for your character and the items are instantly added to your inventory. After a thorough investigation I was able to confirm that you did receive the correct amount of items from the Lock Box in question. The following items were received immediately after the consumption of the Lock Box:

.:: Hoard One - Synergy: Grenadier ::.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tachyon Laced Extender III Rare
Extended Sniper Mag III Rare
Marksman Scope III Rare
Sniper Recoil Stock II Uncommon

.:: Hoard Two - Synergy: Rolling Thunder ::.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tachyon Laced Extender II Uncommon
Extended Sniper Mag III Rare
Sharpshooter Scope II Uncommon
Sniper Recoil Stock IV Epic

As no items were lost, we are unable to provide a replacement Lock Box and we will be unable to offer you any refunds for this purchase. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

So they will not give me what's owed to me? I don't get it. I have proof that I purchased 1800 bits and only got 1200 bit worth of mod hoards, and 0 bits left. The game ate 600 bits and they refuse to give it back.... Well that my rant got the day . Sorry guys just had to share this

Amack
02-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Once again... this is wrong on so many levels...

I suppose we should be happy they spelled DEFIANCE correctly on this ticket.

ricolicious
02-24-2014, 11:54 PM
I just got a "second thorough investigation" and they found that I am correct and they will give what is owed to me

Amack
02-24-2014, 11:58 PM
http://www.allgraphics123.com/ag/01/9377/9377.gif

ricolicious
02-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Hah if I only slept like that lol

badukas
02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
they need to throw u free one as well imo as they only re investigated prob due to your post :P

ricolicious
02-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Give something free? I won't be holding my breath lol

Etaew
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
It could be there is a bug with the lockbox system when you buy several at once, anyone want to do this from a vendor and see?

Amack
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
It could be there is a bug with the lockbox system when you buy several at once, anyone want to do this from a vendor and see?

Oh pick me, pick me!

ricolicious
02-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Gotta be honest after tonight, I won't be buying anymore bits

Shogo_Yahagi
02-25-2014, 10:26 AM
I just got a "second thorough investigation" and they found that I am correct and they will give what is owed to me

They kicked it upstairs to someone who can count to 3?

Manstan
02-25-2014, 10:30 AM

Been there, done that, never got that 3rd lock box. As in I used keys and script to buy 3 lockboxes, only received the first 2. I bought keys with an abundance of shards/crystals{?} So it's not like I bought them one after the other. Bought one, bought keys for another. Bought it, then bought keys for another, bought it and never got it.

Maybe the game just wont let you buy 3 lockboxes in a day? Or should I say wont give you 3 in a day.

hey u
02-25-2014, 10:53 AM

Looks like mods stack if you have it favorite and receive another same mod it doesn't show the duplicate mod that I just bought from the store. Rip off now I on my way to live support to talk to them about this. It may also be that when I bought the 3 boxes only the 1st box showed each specific mod for it and the other 2 mod boxes were just a picture of the box with its synergy family. My guess is that I had those mods that I received and are not showing up individually in my inventory.

Shogo_Yahagi
02-25-2014, 11:02 AM
Been there, done that, never got that 3rd lock box. As in I used keys and script to buy 3 lockboxes, only received the first 2. I bought keys with an abundance of shards/crystals{?} So it's not like I bought them one after the other. Bought one, bought keys for another. Bought it, then bought keys for another, bought it and never got it.

Maybe the game just wont let you buy 3 lockboxes in a day? Or should I say wont give you 3 in a day.
There was (Still is? I'd check if only there was some kind of a master list...) a bug with the rep vendors that if you buy the same item several times in a row, they don't give you everything you pay for. Back when I was completing the faction rep pursuits, I bought 3 of the Soleptor sniper rifles in a row just to finish the pursuit, opened my inventory to scrap them, and found that it had only given me one, even though it deducted the full price for all 3 and counted all 3 purchases toward the pursuit. On the others, I made sure to buy different items as a work-around.

Even if they've fixed the rep vendors, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the same bug replicated elsewhere in their code.

Amack
02-25-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry I totally forgot... maybe you can find an answer here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?139529-Mulitple-copies-of-items-from-vendor-go-missing.)... I know I did.