PDA

View Full Version : I've had the wheels come off my ATV and gone flying about 6-8 times tonite.

crasher
02-27-2014, 07:12 PM
That stretch of road south of Bloodbath, near where the Hijacked Mobil Armory mission is.

I'm driving my ATV around that area, the wheels come off, Sometimes I can drive around on the road with no wheels for a while but I eventually either go airbourne or down into the terrain, drifting east.
After a period of time I end up in the clouds heading towards San Q, and despawn about half way between San Q and that uncharted mainland to the east.

I'm running out of room storing screenshots on my SSD :)

The first one tonight was coming out of TNTW and heading towards an A-Fall passed Twin Bridges Farm. I got half way to the first bridge below TNTW, and went airborne over the water and over Twin Bridges until I despawned over the ocean. I flew thru the elevated points on the terrain to end up under the surface looking up at grass and down at water a number of times....

I even ended up in 21st place at an incursion I flew over at one point tonite....

Anybody else?

Amack
02-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Oh wait my bad Crasher... apparently this is the actual issue of the day. Funny. I haven't been playing but others are reporting it as well.

genie
02-27-2014, 07:40 PM
It happened to me multiple times today. I've never had it happen until today and it wouldn't stop happening tonight.

Bonehead
02-27-2014, 07:44 PM
New ninja game mechanic?
http://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/baby7.jpg

DSW
02-27-2014, 10:11 PM
i saw such behavior even before DLC2 came out. the T4 Titans flying around bloodbath spawnpoint and sometimes at Overpass, near the static T4s. also experienced such thing once, near Tiburon Cove. the funny thing was that my car was standing still on the hill, i was doing something in Inventory and then heard a hellbug punch sound. then i too ran out on screenshot space :)

Blondin
02-28-2014, 04:09 AM
Yup, I remember that we did this with my friends, you have to switch to inventory or character page while running in your car, then your car starts to fly... 3 dodgers flying was pretty funny... and usefull, you can cross water but you have to aim right, because once in the air you can't turn :)

N3gativeCr33p
02-28-2014, 06:25 AM
Didn't notice my vehicle's wheels coming off while playing last night, but I did happen to notice that random vehicle ejections are happening during other events... like major arkfalls, for example.

justifiable187
02-28-2014, 09:27 AM
New ninja game mechanic?

Not new (note the date of 7/21/2013), and also happens to the Challenger.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yy0rqUZ5aNc/UxC4NlN5yKI/AAAAAAAAAIA/HdUahgoSBxk/s800/2013-07-21_00093.jpg

Bonehead
02-28-2014, 09:34 AM
That's kind of sad.

DSW
02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Yup, I remember that we did this with my friends, you have to switch to inventory or character page while running in your car, then your car starts to fly... 3 dodgers flying was pretty funny... and usefull, you can cross water but you have to aim right, because once in the air you can't turn :)

it seems like it depends not only on opening your inventory, but also something else related to your velocity, direction or road angle. i often switch loadouts in car and only got it flying once.

Blondin
03-01-2014, 06:31 AM
it seems like it depends not only on opening your inventory, but also something else related to your velocity, direction or road angle. i often switch loadouts in car and only got it flying once.
Yeah right, it's not that simple, if I remember correctly you have to run at full speed and open inventory, but it doesn't work all the time.

crasher
03-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Yeah right, it's not that simple, if I remember correctly you have to run at full speed and open inventory, but it doesn't work all the time.

I don't understand why that stretch of road traveling from Kinship to Bloodbath in the vicinity of the 'broken mobile armory' became unstable at that time, but returned to normal later.

I don't understand what was so special about my 'toon that it repeatedly happened to me in that spot, but other players were driving by unaffected. I was doing NOTHING BUT DRIVING. No menus, no chat, just driving as usual.

I don't understand why I see my vehicle with no wheels, but the guy next to me sees a 'normal vehicle'. I accept that the server doesn't bother to show him a broken vehicle, but whats the logic in the software of taking my visual wheels?

I don't understand why my vehicle corkscrews while in flight.

I don't understand why my vehicle's path and elevation deviates from the original vector at time of 'deviation'.

I don't understand why I always head East. (I doubt the game has an established Coriolis effect written into the physics.)

I've had it happen with the ATV, and I've had it happen with my Duni.
I thought it was interesting when it happened while I was a passenger in someone else's Duni, and they took careful aim and drove off of a roof to to *invoke* the glitch to reach a specific not-normally-accessible location on the map, across a great expanse.
Then I called a friend to join us after we got there.
Then we all piled into Friend #1's Raptor and invoked the glitch to 'drive' back.

And I do think it's humorous to ask friends to port to me while I'm 400 feet up.
But that's just me.
:)