PDA

View Full Version : Rocket launchers!

Xifer
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
What up with this nonsense!

Scotty_Doo42
04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
You have to expect a Noob-Tube type to show up. XD
I went sniper to stay away from the rockets its nuts out there.

Chaddington
04-02-2013, 04:43 PM
We have fixes for both rocket launchers and some of the detonators in upcoming patches. Please keep the feedback rolling in.

Thanks,

Chaddington

Baby
04-02-2013, 05:34 PM
That's funny, I find Rocket Launchers to be near useless in PvP. They don't do enough damage and the projectiles move very slowly.

I could snipe you with an assault rifle from a rooftop before a rocket hits you.

I agree on Grenade Launchers, they're totally skill-less, but rocket launchers hurt the user more than the person who somehow dies by one(what the heck are you doing while they're reloading? Standing still?)

Upinya Slayin
05-15-2013, 03:59 PM
That's funny, I find Rocket Launchers to be near useless in PvP. They don't do enough damage and the projectiles move very slowly.

I could snipe you with an assault rifle from a rooftop before a rocket hits you.

I agree on Grenade Launchers, they're totally skill-less, but rocket launchers hurt the user more than the person who somehow dies by one(what the heck are you doing while they're reloading? Standing still?)

rocket launchers are near useless except for the sludge ones and its ony for teh sludge effect

fang1192
05-15-2013, 07:01 PM
rocket launchers are near useless except for the sludge ones and its ony for teh sludge effect

Why'd you bump a month old thread?

Upinya Slayin
05-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Why'd you bump a month old thread?

to see what people were complaining about a month ago lol

mrs0019
05-16-2013, 06:43 PM
In my 50+ hours of PVP I can count my deaths to rocket launchers on ONE hand. Blast shield makes them damn near useless. The sludge launched is mainly just annoying and a primer for something that can kill you. Most rocket launchers have a pretty small blast radius, around 5 or less. Blast shield drops it by 45%. If you're getting hit by these things after that its because you're standing still too long. EVERY weapon is OP when you stand still in PVP. As for grenade launchers...they kill me a bit more often, but not nearly enough for me to believe they warrant a nerf. Again, blast shield keeps them in line.

Some simple points for PVP:
1 - Explosive weapons will feel OP without blast shield. They become comically ineffective with it.
2 - Shotgun/cloak feels OP without read guard and thick skinned. Not nearly as dramatic with both equipped.
3 - Infectors feel OP if you don't break LOS ASAP and stop long enough for parasites to hump your legs.
4 - EVERY gun feels OP if you stand still with your head up you butt.
5 - I've never seen a cloak, blur, or overcharge build go 0 deaths with an impressive number of kills and assists. I have seen decoy builds do it.
6 - Escape artist can, and often will, save your life...especially when combined with rear guard and thick skinned.
7 - Teamwork is actually a good thing. Someone killed you while running with a couple friends? You're friends killed them...one kill for one death doesn't help at all for winning a match.
8 - Even if you're using blast shield, know the rough ranges of explosives. Don't stand too close to teammates. No point in encouraging explosives and grenades to come your way.
9 - Did I mention don't stop moving?
10 - Assume a cloaker is around every corner lining up a headshot. Face it, approx 90% of pvpers are cloakers so this assumption is probably a safe bet. I NEVER trust corners.

These are some of the pointers I try to stick to while playing PVP, and they tend to help.

There are perks to help handle nearly every situation. If there isn't a perk I've found some action on my part can usually handle it (running and LOS infectors or even bumrushing and killing them first).

Would PVP be more skill based without ego powers/perks? Not until all variations of weapons, grenades, and shields are removed as well. I'd certainly quit playing if that happens. It's probable I'll quit if ego powers and perks are removed from PVP.

RagingBombast
05-16-2013, 10:39 PM
SNIP

I'm so glad someone post this. It seriously needs to be stickied.

I'm pretty sure 50% of the problems reported on this forums (PVP wise) would be rectified if people simple understood that you should be booking it around the map at max speed constantly and watching your corners.

Also, if you see someone come around a corner and instantly runs back, do not chase him. He's waiting there with a shotgun. I know because thats me.

mrs0019
05-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Lol or they ran around the corner to hook up with a handful of friendlies. :) That's often what I do.

Tyger
05-17-2013, 05:21 AM
Shotguns are noob guns so now they gettin 'fixed' ... Infectors are noob guns so now they gettin 'fixed' ... Rocket launchers are noob guns so now they will see a 'fix' ... Lemme' know when the Pistol becomes a noob gun. I plan on getting off this carousel of stupid at that point.

Upinya Slayin
05-17-2013, 08:51 AM
In my 50+ hours of PVP I can count my deaths to rocket launchers on ONE hand. Blast shield makes them damn near useless. The sludge launched is mainly just annoying and a primer for something that can kill you. Most rocket launchers have a pretty small blast radius, around 5 or less. Blast shield drops it by 45%. If you're getting hit by these things after that its because you're standing still too long. EVERY weapon is OP when you stand still in PVP. As for grenade launchers...they kill me a bit more often, but not nearly enough for me to believe they warrant a nerf. Again, blast shield keeps them in line.

Some simple points for PVP:
1 - Explosive weapons will feel OP without blast shield. They become comically ineffective with it.
2 - Shotgun/cloak feels OP without read guard and thick skinned. Not nearly as dramatic with both equipped.
3 - Infectors feel OP if you don't break LOS ASAP and stop long enough for parasites to hump your legs.
4 - EVERY gun feels OP if you stand still with your head up you butt.
5 - I've never seen a cloak, blur, or overcharge build go 0 deaths with an impressive number of kills and assists. I have seen decoy builds do it.
6 - Escape artist can, and often will, save your life...especially when combined with rear guard and thick skinned.
7 - Teamwork is actually a good thing. Someone killed you while running with a couple friends? You're friends killed them...one kill for one death doesn't help at all for winning a match.
8 - Even if you're using blast shield, know the rough ranges of explosives. Don't stand too close to teammates. No point in encouraging explosives and grenades to come your way.
9 - Did I mention don't stop moving?
10 - Assume a cloaker is around every corner lining up a headshot. Face it, approx 90% of pvpers are cloakers so this assumption is probably a safe bet. I NEVER trust corners.

These are some of the pointers I try to stick to while playing PVP, and they tend to help.

There are perks to help handle nearly every situation. If there isn't a perk I've found some action on my part can usually handle it (running and LOS infectors or even bumrushing and killing them first).

Would PVP be more skill based without ego powers/perks? Not until all variations of weapons, grenades, and shields are removed as well. I'd certainly quit playing if that happens. It's probable I'll quit if ego powers and perks are removed from PVP.

@ #5 are you sure? weren't you in the game when my friend went like 14-0 with like 8 assists using overcharge?

Tyger
05-17-2013, 10:13 AM
0.o

Well I guess you never played with a "Tyger" on your team cuz' you would have seen me 2 weekends back with a 10 - 0 - 2 or 3 and that was with cloak.

It's ok, pulling up stats based on personal experience and slanted opinion is tough in a hurry. :D