PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Enemies?

Burned In Effigy
02-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Okay so I had an idea, it may be good, maybe not.....

I thought it would be cool depending on where you place in sieges, usually top 10 or so, that you get a special key like the arkfall Spike but instead of arkspikes you can call a horde of infected or a couple of Volge to walk around with you for a minute or so.

There are some probs that might occur with EVERYONE calling in their helpers but there could be a limit, say you get one or two shots per day to call in your help.

Just thinkin.......

aweshum
02-28-2014, 01:30 PM
THAT WOULD BE PRETTY SICK! I mean, it'd be difficult to pull off given that its a MMO and you can insta summon extra characters. Imagine what it woud be like if several characters did that at once. Especially during an arkfall where lots of people will show up.

Its a big idea, but it seems like overkill to me.

But it is still a cool idea. What other ideas do you think would be cool for a game like this?

Personally, I think it'd be cool to have more missions where you can mention something that happened in the show and activate a quest THAT way.

Arsenic_Touch
02-28-2014, 03:29 PM
I really don't see a purpose for it. How would that fit anywhere into the lore? why would they suddenly obey you?

crasher
02-28-2014, 03:40 PM
I really don't see a purpose for it. How would that fit anywhere into the lore? why would they suddenly obey you?

Honestly, I'm waiting for the ninja-change they throw into the code that causes the infector ticks to attack the user as well as the targets.
I never understood how those ticks were supposed to differentiate between me and the badguys or how they were supposed to differentiate between ME and the badguys when another arkhunter used an infector.
There's no lore/answer that I'm aware of, but I love unleashing my army of vampiric minions on the foe.

Clearly it would only happen once in a great while, or nobody would chance using them, but I don't put it passed Trick to do.
(I expected it on All Hallows' Eve, actually.)

Bentu
02-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Okay so I had an idea, it may be good, maybe not.....

I thought it would be cool depending on where you place in sieges, usually top 10 or so, that you get a special key like the arkfall Spike but instead of arkspikes you can call a horde of infected or a couple of Volge to walk around with you for a minute or so.

There are some probs that might occur with EVERYONE calling in their helpers but there could be a limit, say you get one or two shots per day to call in your help.

Just thinkin.......

Not saying it is a bad idea as all ideas are welcome but if you come in the top ten at sieges do you really need the xtra help?

MagnusRune Daltus
02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
how about a spike, that acts like an argo point? and for 10 secs all the enimies shoot it , or charge for it? would allow you to set up some nice cross fires.

Bentu
02-28-2014, 05:05 PM
how about a spike, that acts like an argo point? and for 10 secs all the enimies shoot it , or charge for it? would allow you to set up some nice cross fires.

Isn't that what decoy is for?

Burned In Effigy
02-28-2014, 05:15 PM

Okay. Fair. I only had limited time (pesky 30min lunches). I was thinking, especially with the Volge, that when you score in say top 5 during sieges that you become some sort if Volge whisperer.

As for lore I know it won't fit or make sense but I figured it could make sense game wise.

MagnusRune Daltus
02-28-2014, 05:18 PM
true i didnt think of that.... 'goes and sits in the corner'

Burned In Effigy
02-28-2014, 05:18 PM
@ Bentu. I'm not looking at it as a "im a bad player so ill call in the big guys to do my dirty work" type thing but more ad a "wouldn't it be f'n cool to release some Volge on those pesky raiders in the docks?" Again, it was just an idea I threw out there.....

Bentu
02-28-2014, 05:48 PM
@ Bentu. I'm not looking at it as a "im a bad player so ill call in the big guys to do my dirty work" type thing but more ad a "wouldn't it be f'n cool to release some Volge on those pesky raiders in the docks?" Again, it was just an idea I threw out there.....

The ideas cool it's just do you need the help if you're capable of coming in the top 10 at arkfalls and sieges. It's something that would more than likely be used by a new character without any pucka weapons and would need some assistance.

Ashlocke
02-28-2014, 06:28 PM
I was thinking, especially with the Volge, that when you score in say top 5 during sieges that you become some sort if Volge whisperer.
If during a Warmaster event I could meander up to the Warmaster and say: "Psst, hey buddy, see that purple fauxhawk-headed twit over there? Yeah him, he broke all the locks... And when this is all over I'll trade you an earth Keg for that orange pea shooter you got there."

Then I'd be all over this idea.

jackdaws_1999
02-28-2014, 09:43 PM
I like the idea of asking the war master to pop the head of the guy who popped the locks early... I would like to see him eat them, then put them on the ground completely covered in poop shoes head to toe, then we can all laugh at them... and politely refuse to pick them up... and have them stay covered head to toe till they manage to get the kill shot on another war master :P