PDA

View Full Version : NO login que with Season Pass?

Synder
04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I have been reading about these 6 and 8 days ques. This got me thinking, at NO time have I EVER had a que. I logged out and back in several times to test this, and also shut my system down, came back in a hour, and stil no que. Im assuming this is intentional, as its the same way DCUO does, it allows paying( season pass in this case) customers zero que time, while the free players are behind each other in line. There is NO way I have been THAT lucky the 5 or so times I have tried to see if there was a que.

Any one else noticing this? And before people start to whine, yes it IS fair. IF, IFFFF this IS intentional, then If you're not going to buy the DLC, but you are still going to be able to "access" the Season pass DLC's for free,( just cant use the gear till you buy the content) then people that bought the pass, shouldn't be forced to enjoy the game behind the free players in que.

CaptainOne
04-02-2013, 04:16 PM
No. It isn't fair. This is not a free to play game. You must purchase the game in order to play it, not just download it for free and play away. There is a huge difference between the two.

Now, I have already purchased the season pass because I was pretty confident I would love the game. I get in without a queue, but so does my friend that did not buy the season pass. So, I'm not sure where the people with the huge queues are. I feel for them. They game is a lot of fun to play.

Feyniphia
04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
I have the season pass and have been put in server queue once.

Valethar
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
then people that bought the pass, shouldn't be forced to enjoy the game behind the free players in que.

There are no such thing as 'free players' in this game. Everyone ponied up cash to get here.

Season pass purchasers got their bonus, they get the DLC for less than everyone else. We don't need to make a special class of snowflake for them.

And yes, I have the pass, I still don't think we should get queue priority.

Anubys
04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
free to play generally refers to an mmo with no subscription cost, not a game that has no purchase cost. hope everyone is having fun playing I'm stuck in class.

ZombieTech
04-02-2013, 04:57 PM
There are no such thing as 'free players' in this game. Everyone ponied up cash to get here.

Season pass purchasers got their bonus, they get the DLC for less than everyone else. We don't need to make a special class of snowflake for them.

*Applause* Well said indeed... +1! :)

free to play generally refers to an mmo with no subscription cost, not a game that has no purchase cost. hope everyone is having fun playing I'm stuck in class.

Actually, to clarify. Free-2-Play defines a game with no subscription NOR purchase price. Buy-2-Play defines a game with a purchase price but no subscription. While Pay-2-Play defines typically at the very least a sub-based game, and optionally one with an initial purchase-price. The first two are the ones that tend to have complaints of "Pay-2-Win" (P2W) since they tend to have cash-shops and micro-transactions while many devs can't help themselves than to put up "win" items that will sell well. :cool:

EdgeTW
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I haven't noticed a queue (have held off on season pass thus far). But I did notice something odd last night. A friend and I both logged out for a dinner break and then logged back in. She got in immediately (also does not have the season pass), but I crashed while loading. When I attempted to log in again I was hit with a 2 hour queue.

So I immediately logged out and then back in, and there was no queue (which is why I'm saying "I haven't noticed a queue").

Point here being, some of the people in a queue may be experiencing a bug. I don't think it has anything to do with a season pass.

Halcyon
04-02-2013, 05:06 PM
I have the season pass and I haven't seen a single queue. Every time I tried to log in I got in instantly, even at launch.

Synder
04-02-2013, 05:08 PM

Im refering to the fact that even if you DONT BUY the DLC you can STILL PLAY the future DLC 100% That IS "free" You just cant use the gear, or loot, but everyone has access to, and can fully play the coming dlc that every season pass owner paid for. That is what I meant by a "free" player.

I meant NO disrespect to my fellow players. I was just curious if this game's que system works like other mmo's that I have played. Where you pay more for a subscription, season pass, etc, then you have no que times. Kind of extra incentives for paying/buying the season pass, type of thing.