PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster Oranges What are they Worth to you Now?

Overtkill21
03-03-2014, 09:32 AM
So I was mulling, as I looked over my plethora of Warmaster Orange weapons,

What are these Warmaster Oranges worth now?

There was a point when they were being sold for 20K and below. This point has long since passed and we find ourselves in an entirely new market for these weapons.

It seems to me that the 6% Orange Drop rate for the Warmaster is pretty darned low, especially considering how rarely he is beaten nowadays.

So if we combine those two facts a low drop rate and a low rate of him being defeated we should have a ridiculously low trickle of these weapons into the game and their value should rise.

I saw someone asking to trade for an Orange Typhoon the other day I replied that I had 3 of them for trade I was deluged with responses in Zone Chat and bombarded with pop-ins when I told them where I was.

In the past I would have questioned the value of an orange Typhoon against, say, an orange VBI AR but now? Not even a little.

Anyone else?

duction
03-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Depends, on the xbox EU most are same price except zaggers and maybe springers/needlers?

Extreme Rugburn
03-03-2014, 10:44 AM
The problem is there were so many drops prior to the nerf that even now you can find the weapons in troves. Their are people who have multiple copies of every weapon because the WM was farmed so much. True rareity is slightly increasing because older players who have weapons probably broke them down or may not be playing, but in most cases WM weapons still arent going to get alot of scrip unless you have specific ones with specific synergies and exp rolls.

Zugo
03-03-2014, 01:00 PM
My two favorites,

Assassin Chaos
Quartermaster Zagger

Nalai
03-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Cannoneer Springer with Bio.. still priceless.

N1ghtShadow
03-03-2014, 04:02 PM
I have one of those- Cannoneer Springer, Bio- rolls: 1.1 Mag, .9 reload, 1.25 Mag, 10% EGO recharge on full reload and 1.1 Fire rate. Mastery roll: 12% crit to out-of-combat targets. Nice gun. Don't use it much, though.

cary2010haha
03-03-2014, 05:50 PM
very limited, because all of them have same rolls of stat, no RNG.

and the NANO and SYN affect very little

N3gativeCr33p
03-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I have no idea... can't even remember the last time I was in a successful War Monkey instance, and I'm beginning to not even care about the bugged out War Monkey instance anymore.

I blame the complete lack of developer interaction with their player base.

They seem to not care. Why should I care?

DSW
03-03-2014, 07:17 PM
there's still some valuable guns from WM, like 'Headshot' Custom Bolter. someone on PC-EU offered 100k for it.

and i agree that wm guns all have the same major drawback - only RNG part in them are nano/syn. other rolls are static, sometimes in pool of 2-3 possible combinations... i have two of those Bolters and they are exact copies of each other except for nano/synergy.

Bonehead
03-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Seems like 6% and 0% are pretty much the same on Trion's RNG.

Chump Norris
03-03-2014, 08:28 PM
The only WM guns that really have any value to me would be springers/needlers and of course that god damn zagger that I hope they nerf to hell some day.

DSW
03-03-2014, 09:02 PM
The only WM guns that really have any value to me would be springers/needlers and of course that god damn zagger that I hope they nerf to hell some day.

why should they nerf it just because you cant play good enough?

Bonehead
03-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Ummmmmm 42?

Chump Norris
03-03-2014, 09:16 PM
why should they nerf it just because you cant play good enough?

Its the new surge bolter at sieges. I dont PvP so no clue what its doing there.

EDIT: Also to answer the rest of your question. If perma blur kill stealing is playing good then yes I play horribly.

Bonehead
03-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Me too Chump.
Meeeee tooooooo.

Overtkill21
03-03-2014, 10:58 PM

Just wait for it Chump - the Zagger is a clear outlier and anyone that relies on one "cant play good enough".

EDIT: Sweet - does my thread get to be the start of the let's be outraged at the Zagger!?!?? Need some fresh outrage.

Bonehead
03-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Nothing worse than stale outrage.

Chump Norris
03-04-2014, 12:20 AM
Sorry I started the derailment of your thread Overt. I wont say anything else about it here dude.

DSW
03-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Its the new surge bolter at sieges. I dont PvP so no clue what its doing there.

EDIT: Also to answer the rest of your question. If perma blur kill stealing is playing good then yes I play horribly.

seems like NA/EU play style are much more different than it was at first sight. i can't remember if i ever saw a significant amount of any sawed-off's at sieges here on pc-eu. and about 90%+ players are using Overcharge here, rest seems to be mostly cloak.

Overtkill21
03-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Sorry I started the derailment of your thread Overt. I wont say anything else about it here dude.

Nah, no prob Chump - it's a good topic - the Zagger is begging to be nerfed. I believe it will be.

drackiller
03-04-2014, 06:05 AM
Nah, no prob Chump - it's a good topic - the Zagger is begging to be nerfed. I believe it will be.

Fine with me never actually seen one and don`t even know what it looks like ;) , so doesn`t really matters to me.
A weapon is a weapon, and a tactic is a tactic.
In war and in real life the one that`s matter is the one that insures life, there is no clean or dirty tactic, only the one that keeps us alive...
...but this is just a game and nothing justifies EVERY KIND of tactics.
To each is own...

Ps:my comments are not directed to the posters above me, quite the opposite.

BarrySciFi
03-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Cannoneer Springer with Bio.. still priceless.

Yep, I have that one. It's still a crazy damage per second machine. I wouldn't trade mine for a perfect VBI assault rifle because I have three VBIs that are close to perfect and the simple fact is, popular demand aside, the springer absolutely crushes the best possible VBI ar in every possible way. You can't beat 246 per bullet damage at a firing rate of 18.7 capable of firing for over 6 full seconds before a 1.2 second reload. It's crazy good

Overtkill21
03-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Fine with me never actually seen one and don`t even know what it looks like ;) , so doesn`t really matters to me.
A weapon is a weapon, and a tactic is a tactic.
In war and in real life the one that`s matter is the one that insures life, there is no clean or dirty tactic, only the one that keeps us alive...
...but this is just a game and nothing justifies EVERY KIND of tactics.
To each is own...

Ps:my comments are not directed to the posters above me, quite the opposite.

A tactic is fine, but as a game designer making an extreme outlier of a gun is contradictory to balanced gameplay - and in the past Trion has addressed this to the chagrin of many a player:

The SAW was nerfed for this reason.
The Berserker was nerfed for this reason.
The Northstar Flare was nerfed for this reason.
The Rocket Launchers were nerfed for this reason.
The Surge Bolter was nerfed for this reason.
The +Mag to Sawed Offs were nerfed for this reason...which leads me to the Zagger - which is essentially a Sawed Off that can have a +248 Mag roll.

The Zagger should be nerfed too. (Make it like the Berserker...LOL. Man would I laugh my butt off.)

Overtkill21
03-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Yep, I have that one. It's still a crazy damage per second machine. I wouldn't trade mine for a perfect VBI assault rifle because I have three VBIs that are close to perfect and the simple fact is, popular demand aside, the springer absolutely crushes the best possible VBI ar in every possible way. You can't beat 246 per bullet damage at a firing rate of 18.7 capable of firing for over 6 full seconds before a 1.2 second reload. It's crazy good

I don't disagree that the Springer is a good weapon but I highly doubt ANY model of Springer could outclass either of my personal ARs.

The problem lies in the set rolls - no potential for a unicorn - and I have two Unicorn ARs. :D

drackiller
03-05-2014, 01:56 AM
A tactic is fine, but as a game designer making an extreme outlier of a gun is contradictory to balanced gameplay - and in the past Trion has addressed this to the chagrin of many a player:

The SAW was nerfed for this reason.
The Berserker was nerfed for this reason.
The Northstar Flare was nerfed for this reason.
The Rocket Launchers were nerfed for this reason.
The Surge Bolter was nerfed for this reason.
The +Mag to Sawed Offs were nerfed for this reason...which leads me to the Zagger - which is essentially a Sawed Off that can have a +248 Mag roll.

The Zagger should be nerfed too. (Make it like the Berserker...LOL. Man would I laugh my butt off.)

I have no prob with nerfing some guns like i don`t have a prob with OP weapons if there was a counter balance on the part of shields and armor that we know don`t exist in this game.

But you also know that if the imbalance between weapons wasn`t so big there will be no need for nerfing and it would be better to buff some of the crapy weapons on the game instead of nerfing the ones that are fun to play.
But about the zagger i can`t really comment like i said before, i don`t PvP so i not the right person to do it :)

duction
03-05-2014, 02:59 AM
I brought this up a while ago, no one listened.. I don't care anymore lol! Leave them as is.

Nalai
03-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I don't disagree that the Springer is a good weapon but I highly doubt ANY model of Springer could outclass either of my personal ARs.

The problem lies in the set rolls - no potential for a unicorn - and I have two Unicorn ARs. :D

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

drackiller
03-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Pics or it didn't happen. :)
Nah, he`s a smart guy. He knows better then to show proof of great weapons, that is half way to the nerfing booth.

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 01:34 AM

Do they fart rainbows?