PDA

View Full Version : PvP ranking

eXtreaL
04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Also posted this in "General PC", but this looks like a more appropriate section

Would you like to see a PvP ranking system?

I'm thinking this would seperate the higher ranked players from the lower ranked so everyone can have a fun time PvPing. Additionally this would encourage players to play more PvP.

Please discuss :)

Phatman
04-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Absolutely, this would be great. I got this game mostly for the PvP aspect and as said in other posts, seems like all this game has after 12+ hours of story quests.

Scotty_Doo42
04-02-2013, 04:15 PM
I would love to see them add it. Lower players could then shoot to improve there rank and move up the line. Be a very interesting system.

g0dm0d
04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Kind of the same thing I was trying to say in my post but worded better here.

I would love to see some sort of ranking system, that would give you a title according to your progression through the ranks. It would also be nice to have it sort players. I plan on being a heavy PvPer in this game so I definitely hope to see some more goodies tossed our way to continue to keep people Q'n up.

Considering the game being military based it would be rather simple to throw out titles, such as Private, Corporal, etc.

FireFlyPilot
04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
titles are good,but what about the look of the in game character. the higher the rank the better looking the character is.

DS Triggah
04-02-2013, 11:01 PM
this could of been worded different its like your saying the higher the rank the bigger my *** and **** will be lol higher the rank better the outfits or more unique???
titles are good,but what about the look of the in game character. the higher the rank the better looking the character is.

LGD Conker
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM
PvP rankings are essential! I haven't got around to it yet but I would've imagined there was some sort of Ranking for it. People go into PvP because they're competent and they want to play with people against people. Obviously this demographic wants to be rewarded. I hope this gets added

I'm very confident it will get added, Trion has been doing an amazing job with this game. A very passionate group of people. I'm very happy to be playing their game right now... Actually im waiting for the servers to come back up, but again I respect that about Trion. They're jumping right into the patches to make sure the game is running as smooth as possible. Very professional

Upinya Slayin
05-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Nope. don't want it. all it will lead to is people too concerned with KD and win % and will result in people camping so they can raise their KD and brag about it. also will lead to boosters and all sorts of bad kid habits.

Saminator
05-15-2013, 04:06 PM
I only find one downfall to this. Even now when I search PVP, I often end up against the same guys the majority of the time, and that in itself takes 3-4 minutes before the match begins, sometimes longer. So making it search for players equal to your rank I'm assuming will take a ridiculously long time to find players and put them all into one match, considering that their must not be that many people doing pvp if I keep bumping into the same players.

Also, what about players that probably have ranks too high? Wont that take forever to search for one game? I know for a fact that my K/D is now above 10, so I'm assuming this will take me around an hour to find a game full of players at that exact same ranking all searching a match at the same time in the same server.

Tyger
05-16-2013, 08:31 AM
^

This has always been a problem in games with ranked pvp. So much so that you end up rolling an alt and going again thru the scrub lvls just to get your pvp fix for the day. Did it all the time in Exteel.

fang1192
05-16-2013, 08:35 AM
PvP ranking and stat tracking is stupid. I normally like it, but people obsess to much over stats; they end up crying for more nerfs and bring in a whole host of problematic gameplay.