PDA

View Full Version : If rep vendor stuff is supposed to become tradeable, soon, does that mean....?

crasher
03-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Does that mean or imply that EL weapons bought from the temporary EL dealers that are currently nontradeable would now be eligible to trade amongst the current 'toons on my accounts?

MagnusRune Daltus
03-04-2014, 12:27 PM
EL weapons? i for one am not familiar with that dealer

Deunan
03-04-2014, 12:38 PM
EL= Extra Life. The Extra Life vendor was a temporary vendor available during the Extra Life charity events being run in Trion games last year.

There's no way we can know that until it goes live Crasher. We don't even know if it will be retroactive on already existing faction vendor gear.

Critical Errors
03-04-2014, 01:16 PM
I certainly hope they make it retroactive! In a game that revolves around trading and acquiring gear, the non-tradable status was always an annoying feature. Let's hope they had some insight for this change!

Olaf
03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
what about our crappy lvl 1 shields

dramaQkarri
03-04-2014, 02:46 PM
The patch notes SOUND like we should be able to now trade those weapons. But, the patch notes also say they are subject to change so let's hope that part stays the same.

Albion
03-04-2014, 02:48 PM
I was carrying one of each weapon from EL in my inventory until recently, when I realized I would never actually use any of them. None of the weapons were all that great, just renamed versions of existing guns. So, off to the crusher they went.

Overtkill21
03-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I was carrying one of each weapon from EL in my inventory until recently, when I realized I would never actually use any of them. None of the weapons were all that great, just renamed versions of existing guns. So, off to the crusher they went.

You didn't notice the damage boost, did you? LOL

The purple EL Thunder has a ridiculous damage boost over even a Legendary Thunder - same applied to all the EL weapons.

Bentu
03-04-2014, 03:38 PM

The purple EL Thunder has a ridiculous damage boost over even a Legendary Thunder - same applied to all the EL weapons.

That's why I won't be selling mine.

Atticus Batman
03-04-2014, 05:06 PM
It means rep points are now completely useless for 99% of us. Why grind for rep for the "special" weapons when we can just buy them from a Salesman.

Overtkill21
03-04-2014, 05:15 PM
It means rep points are now completely useless for 99% of us. Why grind for rep for the "special" weapons when we can just buy them from a Salesman.

Ahemmm...I have 6 Faction OJ Weps at current and ALL will be available for trade come the change. (If they retroact as they should)

I'll still grind the rep - gotta keep the inventory up! LOL

Bentu
03-04-2014, 05:16 PM

Well you won't be cause you've never got any scrip :).

Atticus Batman
03-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Well you won't be cause you've never got any scrip :).

I have an orange semi-auto sniper I need a Salesman to get off my hands. So there are always trades. ;)

crasher
03-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Ahemmm...I have 6 Faction OJ Weps at current and ALL will be available for trade come the change. (If they retroact as they should)

I'll still grind the rep - gotta keep the inventory up! LOL
I haven't done a daily, or more than a coop or three for months, since my posse disbanded and drifted away.

I have an orange semi-auto sniper I need a Salesman to get off my hands. So there are always trades. ;)
I just make new 'toons and pass the weapons on down.

Loves me some OJ FRC B/A and S/A snipes and Tachmags.

ironcladtrash
03-04-2014, 06:15 PM

The Extra Life Sniper Rifle is the best VBI rifle in the game too Syphon, 1745 base damage, and 1.20 Crit. I bought a bunch of most of the extra life weapons to get different masteries but almost all of them ended up with the same bad ones. Like my rifles have recoil x.80 recoil.
I scrapped most of my extra's since they were not tradable it will be interesting if they will be.

Atticus Batman
03-04-2014, 06:52 PM
The Extra Life Sniper Rifle is the best VBI rifle in the game too Syphon, 1745 base damage, and 1.20 Crit. I bought a bunch of most of the extra life weapons to get different masteries but almost all of them ended up with the same bad ones. Like my rifles have recoil x.80 recoil.
I scrapped most of my extra's since they were not tradable it will be interesting if they will be.

Speak for yourself. There were 2 versions of the El guns, one with syphon and one with fire. Most of use over ego 2500 got stuck with fire.

ironcladtrash
03-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Speak for yourself. There were 2 versions of the El guns, one with syphon and one with fire. Most of use over ego 2500 got stuck with fire.

They did some weird EGO alternating thing that was a bug they never admitted too. Trick said in one stream before the event that they were all supposed to be syphon to go with the "Extra Life" theme. I was almost 5k (4900 something) when I got mine but other people in my clan were at 5K and got fire like you. You can see a similar thing happen at the faction vendors like Top Notch when you level up, sometimes the weapons will have bio nano and sometimes not.

crasher
03-04-2014, 07:33 PM
They did some weird EGO alternating thing that was a bug they never admitted too. Trick said in one stream before the event that they were all supposed to be syphon to go with the "Extra Life" theme. I was almost 5k (4900 something) when I got mine but other people in my clan were at 5K and got fire like you. You can see a similar thing happen at the faction vendors like Top Notch when you level up, sometimes the weapons will have bio nano and sometimes not.

Same at Soleptor as TNTW.
I can go in there with a herd of 'toons and some will see nano at low E, while others wont see nano forever.

ironcladtrash
03-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Same at Soleptor as TNTW.
I can go in there with a herd of 'toons and some will see nano at low E, while others wont see nano forever.

Even weirder. I didn't realize it was that random. I only relatively recently started a new toon. (Different topic I could rant about but it was just to get lower EGO weapons.)

Amack
03-04-2014, 08:45 PM
I can go in there with a herd of 'toons...

What an interesting mental picture I just received.

On topic... so like... uhh... am I supposed to keep the 2nd blue charge blade I just received from a T4 box? Will these be trade-able soon? Trion... what am I going to do with you.

Atticus Batman
03-04-2014, 08:52 PM

If it really was just a simple bug then they would have just fixed it, but they left it because their nano-changes based on ego isn't a bug but a dumb mechanic that we have complained about since the alpha/beta!

Anyway even though I don't care for PvP this goes in with some of those PvP issues you have complained about that would be a simple fix if they bothered.

I did see somebody once state that if they really wanted to test some bug fixes on the live server, they should patch it so those fixes only affected the PvP and Co-op maps, where it is more confined and easier to see if the fix worked or not.

That does sound like an interesting idea, I'd be willing to play PvP more if it had more reason. Even if that reason was just to help them test bug fixes!

Atticus Batman
03-04-2014, 08:55 PM

On topic... so like... uhh... am I supposed to keep the 2nd blue charge blade I just received from a T4 box? Will these be trade-able soon? Trion... what am I going to do with you.

Doubtful, even if they do make most rep stuff tradable, Trick still maintains his position that the blades should only be "earned" and not simply give or sold to everyone.

I still maintain my position that we should have been given blade skills from the start, and NOT sometime after they revamp the gun system!

Overtkill21
03-04-2014, 09:02 PM

You had to hit the sweet EGO spot - mine are all EGO 4000 and Syphon.

Amack
03-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Trick still maintains his position that the blades should only be "earned" and not simply give or sold to everyone.

I actually did hear him say in one of the streams that he was considering making the blades from the lock boxes trade-able, but not the vendor blades... or something along those lines.

ironcladtrash
03-04-2014, 09:31 PM
If it really was just a simple bug then they would have just fixed it, but they left it because their nano-changes based on ego isn't a bug but a dumb mechanic that we have complained about since the alpha/beta!

You and crasher have me intrigued now. You know what the triggers are for when you'll see the nanos? From what crasher said it doesn't seem EGO dependent. I never noticed till I started a new character and this Extra Life vendor.

I did see somebody once state that if they really wanted to test some bug fixes on the live server, they should patch it so those fixes only affected the PvP and Co-op maps, where it is more confined and easier to see if the fix worked or not.

That does sound like an interesting idea, I'd be willing to play PvP more if it had more reason. Even if that reason was just to help them test bug fixes!
A couple of months ago I would have opposed them messing with the live system like this on PVP only because I wouldn't want more bugs in PVP. Co Op would be fine but PVP for me was supposed to be competitive and fair. I would be fine with it now though since it would mean they are tweaking things to make progress.

I still maintain my position that we should have been given blade skills from the start, and NOT sometime after they revamp the gun system!
^^This too.

crasher
03-04-2014, 10:39 PM

One of my 'toons has one of those Samurai letter openers, but none of my 'toons has a DLC#3.
I'd like to give the thing away rather than crush it.

crasher
03-04-2014, 10:52 PM
You and crasher have me intrigued now. You know what the triggers are for when you'll see the nanos? From what crasher said it doesn't seem EGO dependent. I never noticed till I started a new character and this Extra Life vendor.

snip

^^This too.
I had a thread a few weeks ago where I posted some details about when a few of my 'toons saw nanos at Soleptor and TNTW, (approx E-# level) and when a friend or two never saw them tho they were in the low E-4Ks.

I proposed that it was one of those hidden characteristics that gets rolled on creation:
1.) Weapon mastery bonus is created when the weapon is created, and awarded to the 'toon. It gets revealed later on.
2.) Some character characteristics are created at 'toon creation, and may be random and have a unique 'liklihood number' associated with them. Like when you see certain nano's in vendors. And how well your vehicle handles for you.
3.) Other random things that imply that 'toon characteristics favor a few points to the left or right of center, and every 'toon has a slightly different 'roll of the dice' determine certain attributes.

I'm just spitballing here, but there are some characteristics that imply by when they occur that it's not just spur of the moment....

I have no proof, it's just a theory, but:

All things being equal in this game, --> All things aint equal.

Arsenic_Touch
03-04-2014, 11:14 PM
EL was not a rep vendor, there's no reason to believe that it would apply.
It clearly says "lockbox" as in the weapon and mod caches you can purchase for rep.

Amack
03-04-2014, 11:22 PM
EL was not a rep vendor, there's no reason to believe that it would apply.
It clearly says "lockbox" as in the weapon and mod caches you can purchase for rep.

It wasn't called a rep vendor, but it was obviously working off of the existing rep vendor code because the EL vendor also had the rep vendor bug regarding purchasing 2 items at once and not receiving the 2nd item.

Arsenic_Touch
03-04-2014, 11:23 PM
That issue was on all vendors, not just the rep ones and that doesn't even matter. The patch notes say lockboxes, not items purchased directly from the vendor.

Amack
03-04-2014, 11:33 PM
That issue was on all vendors, not just the rep ones and that doesn't even matter. The patch notes say lockboxes, not items purchased directly from the vendor.

I never tried buying 2 identical things from the regular vendors... interesting.

crasher
03-05-2014, 12:00 AM
I never tried buying 2 identical things from the regular vendors... interesting.

I did, from the EL vendor at TNTW.
You could buy them as two separate transactions at two different times/visits.

If you bought them both at the same time, without leaving, you ended up with one no matter how many you paid for.

I did it both ways....

Regarding EL tradables:
I was 'wishful-thinking' and hoping.

Amack
03-05-2014, 03:21 AM
Beam Intensifier mods are the shiznit... just saying.

crasher
03-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Beam Intensifier mods are the shiznit... just saying.

And Damage charge mag mods reduce BMG efficiency.
The 'better' the mod, the less efficient the BMG becomes.

Amack
03-05-2014, 03:54 PM
I found a blue intensifier mod, it was Dmg/Sec x1.07

Overtkill21
03-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Well it sounds as if the Faction Weapons you already have in your inventory will NOT be made tradeable by the upcoming patch.

"11. With vendors Top-notch, VBI, Soleptor, and 7th Legion weapons, mods, and shields being non tradable could you give us a small storage so we may trade these items in between our own ark hunters?

After Gunslinger goes live, new items acquired from rep vendors will be tradable."

Overtkill21
03-07-2014, 11:16 AM
No one else find this disappointing?

I figured I'd best stop buying Faction boxes till the change - lest I want untradeable OJ's...

Deunan
03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Disappointing? Yes

Surprising? No. It's consistent with what they did with the weapon rarity bonus roll overhaul. And yes, it's best to save up your faction tokens for now.

Nashtalia
03-07-2014, 11:30 AM
when this hot-fix goes live i can finally sell my Amakumi :cool:

and make Serious script from those who do not want to farm Legion Tokens :cool:

:cool:

crasher
03-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Well it sounds as if the Faction Weapons you already have in your inventory will NOT be made tradeable by the upcoming patch.

"11. With vendors Top-notch, VBI, Soleptor, and 7th Legion weapons, mods, and shields being non tradable could you give us a small storage so we may trade these items in between our own ark hunters?

After Gunslinger goes live, new items acquired from rep vendors will be tradable."
Yeah, I was hopping to pass my EL weapons down to newer 'toons.
Not much need for those weapons on 'toons that have already leveled to straight 20's.

No clue why the shields are tradeable, but truth to tell, it's not like I'm all that impressed with them, which is probably why they're tradeable.