PDA

View Full Version : I am excited to here Dlc 4 will luanch next monday

jimpugh
03-04-2014, 01:55 PM
I just watched the YOU tube DLC 4 spoiler and it looks GREAT. Mr. T. Dempsey and team did an awesome job from what I just saw and deserve our support for fixing the cheating and stolen kills of the bad conduct players in the game.

I like the new outfits and can not wait to mix and match them to my characters other attire. It also will be nice to get help on other achievement's with up to four players.

I am sure there will be tweaking as with any game play. Again a Big Thank You to Trick for taking the time and addressing the older players with slower hand and eye.... Just cause I am 60 does not mean I quit having fun. Like all of us.... we are still 16 at heart.

I have been playing since end of April and look forward to every DLC.

Happy Trails
PanHeadJim

Nyamara
03-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Where did you find that the DLC 4 will or should launch Monday?

Iceberg
03-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Where did you find that the DLC 4 will or should launch Monday?

Probably hysteria, he called DLC 4 great.

Elastik Spastik
03-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Hope I'm still able to play games when im 60. Damn I'd be happy to reach 60.

Atticus Batman
03-04-2014, 04:03 PM
The info is here. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151219-Promo-Vid-for-DLC-4

However this is the newest blog release, so of course the info is not on their site,http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/02/28/new-scoring-system-co-op-arenas/

Goth Angel
03-04-2014, 04:14 PM
The dlc looks alright I suppose. The main thing that looked interesting to me in the video was the cool weapons with a chance for a little bit of ego power when you reload. That looked kinda nice. :cool:

StrikerF91
03-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Rember what 3 look like and see what we realy got.

N3gativeCr33p
03-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Probably hysteria, he called DLC 4 great.

Oh yeah... I see what you did there. ;)

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 06:49 AM
The 11th is Tuesday BTW.

duction
03-05-2014, 06:54 AM
I want the cowgirl suit for my char!

N3gativeCr33p
03-05-2014, 06:56 AM
The 11th is Tuesday BTW.

It also happens to be the release date for another "up-and-coming" multiplayer shooter, available on both Xbox One and PC.

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 06:57 AM

Yea that one is way better than this one.

http://starkravingsisters.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/colonelsanders1.jpg

duction
03-05-2014, 06:58 AM
I'm excited for DLC4 also! Can't wait. Gonna make all the none DLC players jelly of my wildcat handgun :rolleyes:

Elastik Spastik
03-05-2014, 06:59 AM
It also happens to be the release date for another "up-and-coming" multiplayer shooter, available on both Xbox One and PC.

Already pre ordered and thats what im doing that day.

N3gativeCr33p
03-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Already pre ordered and thats what im doing that day.

Not me... PS4 owner over here.

Besides, I grew out of oversized mech shooters decades ago. lol

Manstan
03-05-2014, 07:04 AM
I just watched the YOU tube DLC 4 spoiler and it looks GREAT. Mr. T. Dempsey and team did an awesome job from what I just saw and deserve our support for fixing the cheating and stolen kills of the bad conduct players in the game.

Sorry, I can't agree and don't feel they deserve my support.
You do realize one of the pursuits in game is to kill enemies someone else has wounded, right? So please explain to me how following a pursuit is "steeling a kill". How are people cheating. And what do you consider bad conduct? Not playing the game the way you think it should be played?

I like the new outfits and can not wait to mix and match them to my characters other attire. It also will be nice to get help on other achievement's with up to four players.
I like the outfits, just not in this game, they don't fit in several ways.

I am sure there will be tweaking as with any game play. Again a Big Thank You to Trick for taking the time and addressing the older players with slower hand and eye.... Just cause I am 60 does not mean I quit having fun. Like all of us.... we are still 16 at heart.

What leads you to believe there will be any tweaking? The only thing done between DLCs is hot fixes, not tweaking.
If they realy wanted to address older players they would have the game work out of the box with generic PC game pads, or actually have the game save a mapped game pad. Some of us older players have arthritis and using a keyboard to play is literally a pain.

I have been playing since end of April and look forward to every DLC.

Happy Trails
PanHeadJim

And I prefer a knuckle head :p :D

Elastik Spastik
03-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Not me... PS4 owner over here.

Besides, I grew out of oversized mech shooters decades ago. lol

Iv never really played a mech shooter before but i played the beta and very much enjoyed it. Its different and a lot of fun.

duction
03-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Last one I played was decades ago called mech warrior on pc

N3gativeCr33p
03-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Yeah... the last mech game that I played was at Chicago's Navy Pier back in the 1990s, where you actually could sit inside of a mech's pod and fight it out with a few of your friends in a simulated battlefield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_Centers

Nothing else comes close, really...

Battle5Star
03-05-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm excited for DLC4, this is the only game I'm playing and I love it. :o

I'm really sorry tom, but cowgirl outfit will suit me better. :rolleyes: :p

Knightmage
03-05-2014, 07:44 AM
And that's probably exactly why Trion chose the 11th.

Kibblehouse
03-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Do we have any confirmation that The 11th is actually the day??

I thought from reading yesterday that the Link to Youtube was put up, then yanked by devs/admins, and one of us players reposted the link themselves.

Sorta smells to me like a premature release, unless of course someone has confirmed this, in which case I will lookforward to Hours and hours of downloading the patch, maybe I'll get to play on the 12th.

drackiller
03-05-2014, 07:55 AM
I would like to play Titanfall but i can`t, but i would also love to play dozens of other games but i also can`t.
Ain`t got time to do every thing that i want, or money for that matter.
But i wouldn`t mind to try it :)

Knightmage
03-05-2014, 07:59 AM

I thought from reading yesterday that the Link to Youtube was put up, then yanked by devs/admins, and one of us players reposted the link themselves.

Sorta smells to me like a premature release, unless of course someone has confirmed this, in which case I will lookforward to Hours and hours of downloading the patch, maybe I'll get to play on the 12th.

I'm getting my info on the date from DefianceData, but I haven't found a froum post from a Dev or such yet stating that. (Admittedly I haven't had much of a chance to read the posts my sick 5 y/o is a bit more of a priority right now.)

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Here is a link.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/03/watch-a-dev-tour-of-defiances-gunslinger-dlc/

and here you can see the video is still up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ESjZdrJsnk&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

N3gativeCr33p
03-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Here is a link.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/03/watch-a-dev-tour-of-defiances-gunslinger-dlc/

and here you can see the video is still up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ESjZdrJsnk&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

My personal recommendation... be sure to take a No-Doz before you watch that video. ;)

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 09:00 AM
I am still stuck at the bugged bugs mission on the new dlc but if I may express an opinion here I must say the story content does not come close to the hype. We do meet three new players but we do not get to know them at all. They do nothing more than send us from one point to another to finish missions that do almost nothing to shed any light on who they are or what they are really up to. Just a few arbitrary missions and lackluster cut scenes.
This dlc offers more than 7th legion for sure but it seems to me there is not much "there" there.

jimpugh
03-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Do not worry it is going to be fabulous......

we can meet at Iron Demon for a barbecue and hoe down

I am trying to book Hank Williams and Charley Daniels Band

well free pork.... well almost pork. Free balloons and popcorn for the kiddies....

adults must bring their own favorite adult beverage.....

come one come all only requirement is... DLC4.....

look for me in the Colonel Sanders suit....

Happy Trails
PanHeadJim

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Well I have been known to tip a bit of wild turkey 101 now and again.

Overtkill21
03-05-2014, 11:19 AM
This thread tickles me -

I play solo a lot, I don't steal kills or cheat or spawn camp and somehow the Scoring System seems to have "fixed" me too.

They haven't actually announced anything to their players. You don't find that odd? That we should have to find a release date for this DLC on a YouTube video that wasn't even mentioned on this site.

They haven't explained anything. Once again there are valid, well worded concerns about the DLC from the Alpha server: the new scoring system, mod slot opening costs a ton of salvage again, scrip for keys, etc. and they are going 100% IGNORED.

The new costumes are complete garbage - why are folks dressing as confederate soldiers in the future? So mountains and cities didn't survive the terraforming but Civil War reenactment gear? Oh, you betcha.

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Many times YOU tickle me Overt.

rebtattoo
03-05-2014, 11:49 AM
This thread tickles me -

I play solo a lot, I don't steal kills or cheat or spawn camp and somehow the Scoring System seems to have "fixed" me too.

They haven't actually announced anything to their players. You don't find that odd? That we should have to find a release date for this DLC on a YouTube video that wasn't even mentioned on this site.

They haven't explained anything. Once again there are valid, well worded concerns about the DLC from the Alpha server: the new scoring system, mod slot opening costs a ton of salvage again, scrip for keys, etc. and they are going 100% IGNORED.

The new costumes are complete garbage - why are folks dressing as confederate soldiers in the future? So mountains and cities didn't survive the terraforming but Civil War reenactment gear? Oh, you betcha.
1. Fully agree. I run with a group most time, but there are times that I go off and do my own thing. Nothing like being punished for wanting to do things in game and by coincidence, no one is around to participate.

2. & 3. They have addressed 2 threads in the Alpha server in the last 5 days. Nothing in General since the 28th. But, they assured that communication and transparency were forefront for PR. What they forgot to mention were the words "lack of" communication. And they are being so damned transparent that I can't even jekkin' see them!

At least with Grenadegate we had ample warning. The things being reported in the Alpha threads are deplorable! These have been the main issue of topic for several days without a peep. And these are things that have already been noticed on the pts.What about all the ninja's that are inevitable with this company. I'm fully expecting the loot table to be screwed up again. The incursions to only pop once every 2 days and only at Mt. Tam. And, for rewards for things actually accomplished being a weapon taken out of my current inventory!

4. Gone With the Wind meets Defiance. Like I mentioned in another thread, surprised they didn't add tumbleweed. They're gonna need it for the "Lonely Shard" and soon the main server.

bigguy
03-05-2014, 12:20 PM
hey if we can have ancient samurai gear why not civil war gear...lol

Daholic
03-05-2014, 12:52 PM

Cant wait to get those awesome oufits. After getting them, all that's left is to ride around feverishly and hope I find someone else playing who give a crap.

Shogo_Yahagi
03-05-2014, 01:20 PM

Good point. They're probably Canadian Civil War uniforms. I withdraw my previous eye-rolling and await their introduction with breathless enthusiasm.

Iceberg
03-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Good point. They're probably Canadian Civil War uniforms. I withdraw my previous eye-rolling and await their introduction with breathless enthusiasm.

Does that mean we get horses????!

Overtkill21
03-05-2014, 03:22 PM

Well at least with that stuff it looks like it was made out of garbage laying around that sorta looked like Samurai Armor - these outfits look like someone in the post-apocalyptic future decided to sit and embroider Civil War era clothing. Y'know because that's just what they need...

Irteip Zeugirdor
03-05-2014, 03:31 PM

I've watched gameplay after gameplay after gameplay and this game IMHO is just another COD with giant bots. Another Over Hyped game to sell new consoles. But I could be wrong. And to each it's own. So i'm saving my money on this one.

Irteip Zeugirdor
03-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Ohhh the DLC!!..Yes i almost forgot... An Irathient wearing a confederate costume??. Somebody in Trion is taking Whiskey Fridays too seriously.

Nefarious
03-05-2014, 03:50 PM
The DLC is looking pretty good and the over all update looks solid.

The only thing Im worried about it that when you upgrade Surge Blasters and from the looks of it this new Calvary Pistol with certain mods that they turn into looking like a Rifle but they are still held like pistols. I hope after the new update this is no longer the case because that would be lame.

And Im all for adding mods slots for guns costing a lot of Salvage again. When you reach lvl 5000 all mod slots are unlocked. High cost for modding guns will give players incentive to want to level up now. Players unlock all perk slots at level 1000 and have little need or reason to want to level up. This change is good for progression and gives higher level players a slight edge without messing with the mantra of 'skill based gameplay'. Now only if Salvage was tradable the game market would change a lot in a very cool way.

Nyamara
03-05-2014, 04:08 PM
And Im all for adding mods slots for guns costing a lot of Salvage again. When you reach lvl 5000 all mod slots are unlocked. High cost for modding guns will give players incentive to want to level up now. Players unlock all perk slots at level 1000 and have little need or reason to want to level up. This change is good for progression and gives higher level players a slight edge without messing with the mantra of 'skill based gameplay'. Now only if Salvage was tradable the game market would change a lot in a very cool way.

You sure about that?

For me, its more incentive to not level up and not stick with the game.

Trying to be positive here. Solo player perspective, with all the punishments they are giving, I'd say that modding weapon cost going up is about the point to which the punishments really hurt people in the long run and short term and that would either drive those that like to solo in the game away from the game or could cause them to find ways to exploit the system to their advantage. I'm not saying anything towards that regards, but the new scoring system and the salvage cost for modding going up will drive more players away from the game about like it did back with DLC 1 and the not knowing when the DLC 1 was coming. By the time it was announced, players had left to the point that there isn't as many players like that that are still on. This could lead to even more players running from Defiance game.

Trying to keep a mildly positive nature here. The DLC 4 is boring at its best, but if SyFy were to get more involved with this game, maybe DLC 5 and what DLC 4 could be could help the game out overall.

Overtkill21
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
The DLC is looking pretty good and the over all update looks solid.

The only thing Im worried about it that when you upgrade Surge Blasters and from the looks of it this new Calvary Pistol with certain mods that they turn into looking like a Rifle but they are still held like pistols. I hope after the new update this is no longer the case because that would be lame.

You think salvage costs will make me subject myself to this game's god awful PvP?

LOL That's rich.

Blondin
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
It misses the pirates, and everyone will be happy!

Iceberg
03-05-2014, 07:31 PM
It misses the pirates, and everyone will be happy!

I want ninja pirates!!

N3gativeCr33p
03-06-2014, 06:51 AM
I want ninja pirates!!

Yeah, I play Assassin's Creed 4 for my ninja pirate fix. ;)