PDA

View Full Version : Why the New Scoring System Needs to be Scrapped

clubside
03-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't care if the mechanics of DLC4 are dependent on it, delay the DLC if necessary, but I don't think all the realities of play were considered when implementing the new scoring system.

Low Population Shards/Solo Players
The penalties for "downs" and "extractions" are bad when you've got a lot of people around, but they are downright punishing for people who like to solo or are stuck in an empty or lowly populated shard. The best example I can give is the Smash and Grab Minor Arkbreak with the Volge Bombers. You've spent your spike, cleared the outside, announced in zone you're in need of help and then, as to not waste a pricey resource, you go in. Even with just a second player these can get nasty as the homing bombs continue to pelt you as you revive/spawn from extraction. I know of at least one occurrence where I had to extract 100 times (I could tell based on my scrip). With this new scoring system I either (1) can't do arkbreaks as there will be no reward (2) am potentially throwing my scrip, spike and time away hoping someone else shows up and helps keep the number of deaths at the hands of eight bombers simultaneously hammering me to a minimum. Not likely. There are already penalties for death, why add more?

The Great Revive Pursuit
One of the things I enjoyed as a high EGO player was helping people get the onerous 100 revives at major arkfalls pursuit. I like that the game is fairly easy as I play for fun, but a side effect of this is you really have to go out of your way to die. Getting 100 revives is a slog because (1) people don't die (2) many will self-revive as quickly as possible despite knowing people need the pursuit and (3) given their nature major arkfalls mean dozens of people competing for what few revives are possible.

I began suicide runs long ago and have helped dozens of characters get the pursuit, sometimes single-handedly. I like to get in some damage and healing so I get rewards at the end of the major, but with this new scoring system I'm basically giving that part up as I would have a negative score based on being "downed" a hundred times.

WarMaster
The thinking behind the penalty scores seems to be the dev team not liking how players have handled the WarMaster, basically advocating no revives, quick extraction. There's a reason for this: the WarMaster is a horribly designed encounter. In order to do the damage necessary in the limited time frame available you need as many people as possible doing damage. It's bad enough with early lock breakers but to have to stop to revive people means two players aren't causing damage as the clock ticks down. I've seen as many as a dozen crawling around meaning half the number in the encounter aren't contributing to victory. Reviving doesn't contribute to victory, it aids in failure as you take the time to revive and forgo your damage contribution. With the new scoring system you're basically asking everyone to never do the WarMaster again.

Many other aspects of the new scoring system look awful and while the desire for transparency in rewards is admirable, I don't believe any thought went into how the actual users play the game. Penalizing people beyond the self-revive cooldown and extraction fees is maddening and poor design.

Tsort
03-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Good point, agreed. But that's not really a huge problem. If I can't solo an event without extracting 12 times, I usually don't try. Eventually, I WILL find more players.

The Great Revive Pursuit/WarMaster
I totally disagree with these two points. Players should try to survive at all costs, and "death" or incapacitation should matter. More immersion, more challenge make the game more enjoyable. The two strategies you mentioned there are exactly the opposite, "dying" becomes a strategical option. We do not have to keep that in the game.

I like the direction the game is taking with the new scoring system.

Seizan
03-05-2014, 02:11 PM
All I've gotta say is that...

We, as players, welcome the freedom and choice of being able to team up/ party up with other players when we choose to do so; however, being somewhat forced to adopt a certain playstyle isn't cool at all.

One of the most alluring qualities that sets MMO's apart from other games is the level of freedom/creativity when it comes to one's approach to gameplay. This new scoring system, from what we have seen so far anyway, is taking that measure of freedom away from players.

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 02:13 PM
It's like deja vu all over again.

StanleyPain
03-05-2014, 02:17 PM
I think people are freaking out a little too much over the new scoring system. As it is right now, the rewards system for server events is very flawed and pretty lousy. Worse case scenario, the new scoring system doesn't improve it...thus, nothing really changes. The other night I did 4 minor Arkfalls by myself, was eventually joined by a few other people and we all killed the Hellion. I got top score, obviously, and got 3 white drops. I got better loot from kills than I did from the reward, and that's how it is NOW. I can't see how it can possibly get any worse with this new system.

Shogo_Yahagi
03-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Apparently Trion doesn't understand the difference between adding new penalties for solo players and making things better for groups and clans.

rebtattoo
03-05-2014, 02:24 PM
I think people are freaking out a little too much over the new scoring system. As it is right now, the rewards system for server events is very flawed and pretty lousy. Worse case scenario, the new scoring system doesn't improve it...thus, nothing really changes. The other night I did 4 minor Arkfalls by myself, was eventually joined by a few other people and we all killed the Hellion. I got top score, obviously, and got 3 white drops. I got better loot from kills than I did from the reward, and that's how it is NOW. I can't see how it can possibly get any worse with this new system.How much scrip and salvage and keys did you earn for your effort?

It "gets worse" because several of the new scoring dynamics aren't possible without other ppl playing. With the new system, your score wouldn't have come close to what you're used to.

Amun Ra
03-05-2014, 02:49 PM
From what I understand of Defiance, this game is not meant to do solo.
Most instances are requiring multiple people, either by game setting (Co-Op maps for example), or by sheer need (WM for example).
I can be mistaken, but it seems Trion is forcing this further, which is no problem for me personally.

As for the loot system: Already the loot system is a massive failure, everybody seems to be saying this.
-WM: I get green, sometimes blue, VERY VERY rarely purple... NEVER orange.
And a lot of grenades.
-Multi-Arkfalls: Always green, save for a bit of blue that randomly drops from an enemy.
-Incursions: Now, beforte I go into this, I havent't done many of these, so I need to be honest in this, but thusfar: ALWAYS green, very rarely a blue.
-Co-Op maps: Green.
-T4 lockboxes: Blue, hardly any purple, and ONCE! an orange.
And I did get quite a few of these, by now...

I do have quite a collection of orange and purple, which I bought from players or vendors.
And here is an awesome one: a Wolfie, 5.4 crit, 1.5 (if I remember right) extra crit, purple, I bought this yesterday in TN!!!
Luckiest day of my (Defiance) life.

Why do I speak of the rewards system?
Well, as said, it's already a fail, I do not believe it can get any worse.
At least not for me.
Seems others do have more luck than I do, so I speak for myself.

I did not set up a test game, for 2 reasons: too busy leveling my weapons, and I'd miss my friends there.
Oh, and lately I am horribly lazy due to sleepdeprivation. XD
Hrmph: now let me be honest, last reason was more the most important reason, lol.

And to come to my question in the rewards sector:
Since this seems to be related to actual IRL luck, the current rewards system, I cannot say in which way the new system would be worse.
How would this affect me?
And I ask this, because, it's hard to form an opinion from what I read...
Merely trying to understand.

Thank you.

Albion
03-05-2014, 02:56 PM
I already figure, based on what I am hearing about this scoring system, that I will be playing a whole lot less starting next Tuesday. If you are going to make the rewards and loot even worse than they already are for players who may be playing solo, you are going to alienate a large number of players who often find themselves on lonely shards or playing during off hours. Of course, alienating more players makes joining groups even less likely, so the problem gets worse.

It's already pretty pathetic the way rewards are given - last night I opened 8 T4 lockboxes and received 30 blue guns and 2 purple guns (both rocket launchers). Seriously, that is what I get for hours of play time? And now you are telling me I will have to work even harder to get that again? Talk about killing any incentive to play anymore.

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Well all is not lost. Remember there will be a new Legendary Weapon Kit for sale in the bit store for those with discriminating taste and the means to express it.

Holy Bahamut3
03-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I already figure, based on what I am hearing about this scoring system, that I will be playing a whole lot less starting next Tuesday. If you are going to make the rewards and loot even worse than they already are for players who may be playing solo, you are going to alienate a large number of players who often find themselves on lonely shards or playing during off hours. Of course, alienating more players makes joining groups even less likely, so the problem gets worse.

It's already pretty pathetic the way rewards are given - last night I opened 8 T4 lockboxes and received 30 blue guns and 2 purple guns (both rocket launchers). Seriously, that is what I get for hours of play time? And now you are telling me I will have to work even harder to get that again? Talk about killing any incentive to play anymore.

They have destroyed the incentives many times before, and they are getting exceeding more efficient at it... BOOM! Matrix reloaded reference...

rebtattoo
03-05-2014, 03:08 PM

It's already pretty pathetic the way rewards are given - last night I opened 8 T4 lockboxes and received 30 blue guns and 2 purple guns (both rocket launchers). Seriously, that is what I get for hours of play time? And now you are telling me I will have to work even harder to get that again? Talk about killing any incentive to play anymore.And to further expand on what you hinted at.

Population isn't the greatest as it is. Ask all the ppl that get stuck on the "lonely shard", no matter what they try they're stuck there. These are the ones that are being penalized the most!

Amun Ra - As much as I understand your thinking on Trion wanting these things to be group based, the players just are't there on PS3. Unless a co-op is needed for a daily/weekly, good luck trying to get one started if you're a lone wolf. Sieges and arkfalls can be fun on the lonely shard", but now we're being punished for even attempting to solo these events. Roadside emergencies that aren't part of incursion were designed to interact with. Why should we interact if we're to receive NOTHING for it, aside from my liking to shoot things?

It is bad design and development. No one. NO ONE should be punished for playing a game the way they choose to. Bottom line.

Bentu
03-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Amun Ra - As much as I understand your thinking on Trion wanting these things to be group based, the players just are't there on PS3. Unless a co-op is needed for a daily/weekly, good luck trying to get one started if you're a lone wolf. Sieges and arkfalls can be fun on the lonely shard", but now we're being punished for even attempting to solo these events. Roadside emergencies that aren't part of incursion were designed to interact with. Why should we interact if we're to receive NOTHING for it, aside from my liking to shoot things?

It is bad design and development. No one. NO ONE should be punished for playing a game the way they choose to. Bottom line.

Couldn't agree more, I kind of enjoy doing a Volge seige on an empty shard, don't know how the scoring is going to affect the rewards but at least it sounds like I'll still be able to get some enjoyment from it.

Nefarious
03-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Wait until this all goes live to see how much solo players are punished. Players always seem to find ways around everything.

Nyamara
03-05-2014, 03:56 PM
And to further expand on what you hinted at.

Population isn't the greatest as it is. Ask all the ppl that get stuck on the "lonely shard", no matter what they try they're stuck there. These are the ones that are being penalized the most!

This is the case on the main server and just now for me on the alpha server, PC both of them... They was no one, I do sieges on both and solo them for like all 15 mins of the siege and no one ever shows up to help out or even to offer a heal from a BMG or an ammo spike... The two things I would love to have to avoid having to use them myself. Yet on both the main and alpha servers, no one showed up for the Kenn Farm siege and no one showed up when I did minor arkfalls (not arkbreaks) after that too.

The old scoring system rewarded me with orange (once or twice) and several purples for my troubles in doing sieges on the main server alone. I had fun soloing the sieges and the minor arkfalls, and got some keys and scrip from it as well as xp.

The new scoring system doing the same siege and the minor arkfalls... SUCKS! Here, since figures mean more than just saying the word "Sucks!"... I would get 5500 xp (had xp boost of 10%) from a minor arkfall on the main server. On the Alpha server I got from the same minor arkfall 2500 xp (had xp boost of 10% enabled there too). That is sad... but it gets worst. On the main server doing minor arkfalls give 3 keys every time (that I know of and tested). Doing the same on the alpha server with the new scoring system give 0 keys every time.

So to say that the new scoring system punishes players is an under-statement. It flat out removes any reason to play the game outside the diehard "Trion can do no wrong" fans and the diehard fans of the show that still want to play Defiance game. The scoring system in the near term will likely force people to look for other games. In the nearer term, like right now on the Alpha server, you would think that it means people would be asking for group invites and wanting to group up... SORRY TRION, it doesn't work like that. No one asks at times to group up and many in clans like mine and others barely want to group up to get the pursuits done. So this scoring system will basically be like the transistion to Free to Play was for SWTOR. F2P players there get barely anything from completing quests... It seems like completing events for the solo payers will be the same way now for Defiance.

Nyamara
03-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Couldn't agree more, I kind of enjoy doing a Volge seige on an empty shard, don't know how the scoring is going to affect the rewards but at least it sounds like I'll still be able to get some enjoyment from it.

Didn't catch your post when I was righting my response. This was how the siege went for the kenn farms, I got a purple weapon and a white weapon, about 500 scrip and about 100 salvage and 6 keys with the new scoring system soloing it. Soloing minor arkfalls is worser than that...

main server (old scoring system) = 5500 xp (xp boost enabled for 10%), 3 keys, and maybe 500 scrip (don't usually pay attention to scrip)

alpha server (new scoring system) = 2500 xp (xp boost enabled for 10%), 0 keys (yes ZERO keys), maybe 250 scrip.

Basically, not enough of a reward to do minor arkfalls now.

Bentu
03-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Didn't catch your post when I was righting my response. This was how the siege went for the kenn farms, I got a purple weapon and a white weapon, about 500 scrip and about 100 salvage and 6 keys with the new scoring system soloing it. Soloing minor arkfalls is worser than that...

main server (old scoring system) = 5500 xp (xp boost enabled for 10%), 3 keys, and maybe 500 scrip (don't usually pay attention to scrip)

alpha server (new scoring system) = 2500 xp (xp boost enabled for 10%), 0 keys (yes ZERO keys), maybe 250 scrip.

That is seriously screwed up, l mainly try to solo Bath House and Mutant District just for the difficulty aspect and the chance of getting a decent epic or oj.
The lack of keys will be like a kick in the teeth but the xp aspect won't bother me that much as I don't get any xp now.

Nyamara
03-05-2014, 04:28 PM
That is seriously screwed up, l mainly try to solo Bath House and Mutant District just for the difficulty aspect and the chance of getting a decent epic or oj.
The lack of keys will be like a kick in the teeth but the xp aspect won't bother me that much as I don't get any xp now.

I'm hoping that it either changes before they release it to the main, or that it is different for each siege and minor arkfall you do. I did the hell-bug minor arkfall where you get up to Bonus level 4 and then it ends. for the one where I listed out the exact or near exact figures.

As for the siege, haven't done the mutant and bath house sieges yet on the alpha server, kind of disappointed in the scoring system to even try.

Bentu
03-05-2014, 04:36 PM
As for the siege, haven't done the mutant and bath house sieges yet on the alpha server, kind of disappointed in the scoring system to even try.

Would be great full if you or someone could find out if we can reach the top reward tier solo now with the new scoring.

Deunan
03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I totally disagree with these two points.You're not even getting the point. Players do try to survive against the Warmaster. It's what happens to them if they die that matters. Immersion is a non-issue and therefore a non-point. The whole point of the Warmaster is that he's an armored bullet sponge on a timer which makes DPS the primary concern. Anything that undermines the primary concern is not only secondary but counterproductive to the ultimate goal of the encounter.

No one on the Development Team has come forward to disclose whether the roll for a possible orange DLC2 weapon is now contingent on score as well as killing the Warmaster despite several requests from the players on the test server for clarification. That being said, if the reward structure is similar to that for Incursions then the rewards are going to be bifurcated and score is going to be irrelevant for the roll for a possible orange DLC2 weapon and therefore won't affect the behavior of players that are there to try and get an orange DLC2 weapon.

If it goes the other way around and they make score and a kill necessary for an orange DCL2 weapon then they may as well just delete Major Arkbreaks from the game content. There was already an exodus of competent players from Major Arkbreak participation with the drop rate nerf. By making the chances of failure significantly greater, there will probably be a second exodus that will result in atrophy of competent player participation to the point of making kills with a miletone score a practical impossibility. That's not taking the game in the proper direction by any stretch of the imagination.

Atticus Batman
03-05-2014, 05:25 PM

Here is what Trion has posted on their blog about the new system.

"Instead of sorting players by damage done, Gunslinger Trials’ leaderboards will sort by revamped score values that translate directly into rewards. Each point earned will contribute to XP, scrip, and keycodes. Gone are the mystical calculations determining who earned the top rewards and who did not, and that makes everything more fun.

Additionally, scoring gives us the opportunity to present moment-to-moment feedback about success (and failure). While you will earn a “Hard Reset” bonus for stunning a Dark Matter Bulwark, you will also suffer point penalties for extraction and incapacitation. Strategies which revolved around repeated extraction will now result in very low rewards indeed."

Check the blog link for the rest of the details
http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/02/28/new-scoring-system-co-op-arenas/

Deunan
03-05-2014, 05:29 PM
...Worse case scenario, the new scoring system doesn't improve it...thus, nothing really changes....I can't see how it can possibly get any worse with this new system.You're wrong. It can get much worse. The new update is going to impose tit for tat scrip costs for salvage costs if you want to purchase key codes from a lock box vendor. 1,000 scrip and 1,000 salvage for 1 key code. That makes any nerf to the amount of key codes that any event gives to a player exponentially greater in impact.

In an ideal situation, a small group of players will have an event all to themselves and the key codes gained over time will cover the loss of access to key codes in exchange for mere salvage from the lock box vendors. The question you have to ask yourself is how often is that going to be the case compared to situations where you're either going to be alone or in a group large enough to trigger the relatively low scaling threshold where mobs no longer scale adequately for the number of players there. While the point pool is probably larger that it is for current Seiges there's still an appreciable zero sum game aspect to the new scoring system once the players outscale the mobs.

Nyamara
03-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Would be great full if you or someone could find out if we can reach the top reward tier solo now with the new scoring.

I'll let another try that slaughter house, the bath house that is. I'm not use to doing sieges there would be my excuse for such a poor performance that happened normally. However, you are double punished for each death you incure. There is a point penalty for dying, and a point penalty for extracting. Now that makes soloing minor arkbreaks and volge sieges a pain now.

No one showed up on the alpha server at the bath house when I just did it at 7:25 pm EST. This therefore leads me to think that its going to make others not want to solo any events that are going on if not hardly anyone is on.

Unfortunately for this run, I ended up with tier 1... Officially, plague sieges are easier to score on at low EGO level than volge sieges... My character on the alpha server is still under 200 EGO rating, so higher EGO ratings with better gear will likely be able to give you a more accurate assessment of the points on the test server.

Bentu
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Here is what Trion has posted on their blog about the new system.

"Instead of sorting players by damage done, Gunslinger Trials’ leaderboards will sort by revamped score values that translate directly into rewards. Each point earned will contribute to XP, scrip, and keycodes. Gone are the mystical calculations determining who earned the top rewards and who did not, and that makes everything more fun.

Additionally, scoring gives us the opportunity to present moment-to-moment feedback about success (and failure). While you will earn a “Hard Reset” bonus for stunning a Dark Matter Bulwark, you will also suffer point penalties for extraction and incapacitation. Strategies which revolved around repeated extraction will now result in very low rewards indeed."

Check the blog link for the rest of the details
http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/02/28/new-scoring-system-co-op-arenas/

Yes I've read that and it doesn't help, they don't seem to recognise that it is possible to run around Defiance absolutely alone, and at times that's how I like to play but how the hell can I get a score now?

Nyamara
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
You're wrong. It can get much worse.

As the saying goes, never say things can't get worse, things will always find a way to get worse.

Bentu
03-05-2014, 05:40 PM
You're wrong. It can get much worse. The new update is going to impose tit for tat scrip costs for salvage costs if you want to purchase key codes from a lock box vendor. 1,000 scrip and 1,000 salvage for 1 key code. That makes any nerf to the amount of key codes that any event gives to a player exponentially greater in impact.

In an ideal situation, a small group of players will have an event all to themselves and the key codes gained over time will cover the loss of access to key codes in exchange for mere salvage from the lock box vendors. The question you have to ask yourself is how often is that going to be the case compared to situations where you're either going to be alone or in a group large enough to trigger the relatively low scaling threshold where mobs no longer scale adequately for the number of players there. While the point pool is probably larger that it is for current Seiges there's still an appreciable zero sum game aspect to the new scoring system once the players outscale the mobs.

You may of discovered thier ploy, I now believe that they are trying to push us in the direction of having to buy lock boxes with bits.
Poor rewards and no keys plus a scrip fee for buying keys = pay for lock boxes with bits.

Nyamara
03-05-2014, 05:43 PM
You may of discovered thier ploy, I now believe that they are trying to push us in the direction of having to buy lock boxes with bits.
Poor rewards and no keys plus a scrip fee for buying keys = pay for lock boxes with bits.

If that is the case then, "Everyone please salute TRION for making Defiance game PAY TO WIN." "Present Arms"... wait for it... "Order arms"...

I hate pay to win games and games that are based on forced real world currency exchange. So much for grinding out EGO 5000 lol.

Bentu
03-05-2014, 05:47 PM
If that is the case then, "Everyone please salute TRION for making Defiance game PAY TO WIN." "Present Arms"... wait for it... "Order arms"...

I hate pay to win games and games that are based on forced real world currency exchange. So much for grinding out EGO 5000 lol.

Well that's how it looks to me and thanks for trying out the slaughter house :) hope you had fun, it can get quite hectic.

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 05:50 PM

Plus the new Legendary Weapon Kit from the bit store for those with discriminating taste and the means to express it.

Bentu
03-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Plus the new Legendary Weapon Kit from the bit store for those with discriminating taste and the means to express it.

Yep I've bought one of those, thought that as it is a purple box and stats rare gear I though it would be at least 4 purples with a chance of an oj. lol I got blues, once bitten.

Bonehead
03-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Yep I've bought one of those, thought that as it is a purple box and stats rare gear I though it would be at least 4 purples with a chance of an oj. lol I got blues, once bitten.

No this one is new with the dlc release. These have not yet been available.
The bio hazard lock box is in the store now.
From the patch notes;

Store Items:
Legendary Weapon Kit
Gunslinger outfits*
7th Legion Outfits*

Bentu
03-05-2014, 06:06 PM
No this one is new with the dlc release. These have not yet been available.
The bio hazard lock box is in the store now.
From the patch notes;

Store Items:
Legendary Weapon Kit
Gunslinger outfits*
7th Legion Outfits*

That's the one, the bio hazard, should of been able to tell by the name.
Anyway further evidence to support the argument.

stefb42
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
New scoring system sounds terrible, forcing me to 'group' with others just to get higher tier rewards isn't going to happen, there's scores of people around me at incursions and WM encounters so as far as i'm concerned i'm already in a chuffin' group!!

and i was just getting back into this game after a 6 month break, i'm loving the rewards from incursions and WM when he dies, and even the lockboxes are a bit more rewarding than they used to be, this update sounds like it's going to turn the game back into something i don't like again, hundreds of thousands of salvage to add a slot to a highish ego orange weapon, grinding scrip to buy keycodes, crappy white and green rewards, not for me thanks, time to put this sh'tako back in it's box.

on the bright side, i'll have plenty time to enjoy and endure Dark Souls 2

clubside
03-05-2014, 06:28 PM
My original post focused on what I'd call "punishment" for solo players, people in empty or low population shards, and those trying top help with some of the more onerous pursuits in the game.

If there are other aspects that jump out at you or you've experienced on the PTS please do share.

The addition of a scrip cost for keys and higher salvage costs for adding mod slots and/or re-mastering weapons are different problems with DLC4 though certainly no less deplorable.

SirServed
03-05-2014, 11:23 PM
I ended up in a Smash and Grab alone once that was plagued with bombers. It. Was. Bad. Also unseasoned players are REALLY good at getting killed.

Great Revive Pursuit
I can't really say that giving up loot from a major arkfall to help a friend would bother me.

WarMaster
This one is a bit tricky. The population itself needs to be educated (force fed maybe) on how the fight works. I personally do not mind 1 person using a BMG. I also pick people up during combat if we're good on time. If the game's population as a whole did better at this fight then I could see the scoring system doing its job. The tricky part is that mileage tends to vary. The prepared do very well and the unprepared get carried or lose.

I haven't done any events on test but if it were up to me I would implement a different reward in addition to the current rewards for events to make the scoring system a bonus and not a burden.

Chump Norris
03-05-2014, 11:36 PM
I prefer to solo for the most part and if the new system does punish me for it then it will be the thing that finally makes me take a much needed break from Defiance.

drackiller
03-06-2014, 12:43 AM
I prefer to solo for the most part and if the new system does punish me for it then it will be the thing that finally makes me take a much needed break from Defiance.

I`m also one of those lone wolfs in the game and if after the implementation of the new score boards i see that the game is not fun anymore, just like you and many more I´ll seek greener pastures.

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 01:15 AM
New scoring system sounds terrible, forcing me to 'group' with others just to get higher tier rewards isn't going to happen, there's scores of people around me at incursions and WM encounters so as far as i'm concerned i'm already in a chuffin' group!!

and i was just getting back into this game after a 6 month break, i'm loving the rewards from incursions and WM when he dies, and even the lockboxes are a bit more rewarding than they used to be, this update sounds like it's going to turn the game back into something i don't like again, hundreds of thousands of salvage to add a slot to a highish ego orange weapon, grinding scrip to buy keycodes, crappy white and green rewards, not for me thanks, time to put this sh'tako back in it's box.

on the bright side, i'll have plenty time to enjoy and endure Dark Souls 2

It doesn't force you into a group for points, you just have to work with the people around you for more points.

Elastik Spastik
03-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Just have wait and see what happens when it goes live.

Tsort
03-06-2014, 04:14 AM
You're not even getting the point. Players do try to survive against the Warmaster. It's what happens to them if they die that matters. Immersion is a non-issue and therefore a non-point. The whole point of the Warmaster is that he's an armored bullet sponge on a timer which makes DPS the primary concern. Anything that undermines the primary concern is not only secondary but counterproductive to the ultimate goal of the encounter.
To me, extracting is like "game over". Going back in there without resetting the fight, like in good ol' MMOs, feels like cheating. That's just my opinion of course. What I'd love to see is an "Iron man" Warmaster mode. No timer, but if you extract... you're out of the fight. Now that would be fun.

Back on topic, it looks like a lot of "lone wolves" are now coming out of the woodworks, which is really surprising given the number of people in the past complaining about the game being dead and servers being empty. While soloing is perfectly acceptable, looking for a group or a populated event for "team" players can sometimes be a tedious task, especially in low populated shards. A system in which teamwork is rewarded helps that population of players.

I'm hoping the new system is tweaked so that the effects of the system becomes less of a punishment for solo player, but more of a better chance at rewards for teamwork and/or less suicide techniques. Implementing a MINIMUM reward would be a good start. Zero keys is tough.

But then again, back in the days, we would wipe all night long against WoW raid bosses... so we ended the night with less than what we came in with... Defiance isn't that hard.

If you make the choice of going solo, the game is not gonna be easier. That's common sense. If I go in there alone and I am not good enough and thus have to extract, that's my bargain. I personally managed to clear Volge interiors with only another player, self-reviving but not extracting. In this situation, had I had to extract a couple of times instead, I believe it would have been ok to get less (or "not more") rewards. But more importantly, I wouldn' have deserved as much rewards if all along my strategy had been *rush with explosives, suicide bombs everything, do not care about that other PC, extract, repeat ad nauseum*.

That's what I meant when I said I liked the direction this new system is going. Now the actual scoring will probably need a lot of balancing.

Amun Ra
03-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Amun Ra - As much as I understand your thinking on Trion wanting these... Sorry for shortcutting your text, Reb.
I do not like quoting entire texts.

As said, I got the impression that is how they saw the game.
However, it does not mean I disagree with you.
Especially not, when there is a shortage of players.
Thankfully, I am on PC, and on PC-EU things are... not too bad, player based wise.
Especially when you're trapped in a lonesome shard, things become darned frustrating and boring.
I agree that Trion has to look into this matter.
Strange though, this could be a DARNED great game.
Right theme, somewhat right game play system... it has potential.

However, you are double punished for each death you incure. There is a point penalty for dying, and a point penalty for extracting. So there is a penalty for dying now?
It is taken of what point system?
How does that work, precisely?

The new update is going to impose tit for tat scrip costs for salvage costs if you want to purchase key codes from a lock box vendor. 1,000 scrip and 1,000 salvage for 1 key code. So, keys are no longer rewarded as in the current system?
AAAAW!
That suxxorz...

Now, the situation of the Deserted Shards:
If the population is under a given amount, then the less active shar should simply shut down and port the players into the fullest shard, untill a certain amount of players is met.
Well, that's what I would do.
What's the use of having say 5 underpopulated shards active?
None.
Many games use a similar system, I am pretty sure Trion can do this here as well?

Merely thinking out loud.

Clarity Page
03-06-2014, 06:04 AM
I totally disagree with these two points. Players should try to survive at all costs, and "death" or incapacitation should matter. More immersion, more challenge make the game more enjoyable. The two strategies you mentioned there are exactly the opposite, "dying" becomes a strategical option. We do not have to keep that in the game.

I'll tell you what a harsh death penalty is seeing an orange or good purple on the ground when soloing an arkfall getting killed by the volge whilst trying to pick it up, by the time you get back there it de spawns

Amun Ra
03-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Wha?
Orange drops???? O_O
NEVER seen that!

What Arkfalls are those???

Clarity Page
03-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Wha?
Orange drops???? O_O
NEVER seen that!

Ive heard that enemy's can drop orange weapons but never seen it my self though but that story did happen to me when I was low level and purple were rare drops to me, it was of a gun I wanted too.

Amun Ra
03-06-2014, 07:10 AM
I NEVER had a purple drop.
Not to mention an orange one, lmao.
Bananas, yes, greens even, with heaps...

Not a clue on how it would look like. XD
Happy for you, Clarity. :)

Arsenic_Touch
03-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Wha?
Orange drops???? O_O
NEVER seen that!

They don't. You can only get oranges from sieges, dark matter arkfall, major arkbreak, lockboxes, rep caches,/dlc caches.

Clarity Page
03-06-2014, 07:25 AM
I NEVER had a purple drop.
Not to mention an orange one, lmao.
Bananas, yes, greens even, with heaps...

Not a clue on how it would look like. XD
Happy for you, Clarity. :)

well not really i got killed and it de spawned before i got back to the arkfall.
i do see puples drop more now that im at a higher ego

Amun Ra
03-06-2014, 08:05 AM
What ego are you, Clarity?

I am 1700+, no purples here...

Still, I am happy for you.

Clarity Page
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM

I'm around ego 2600 at the moment purple drops are still rare for me but not as bad as they used to be, I've probably got another 1000ego to go then ill hit "The Wall" at which point you need to do the challenges to level up which I probably won't bother doing since they seem so unbalanced

Tsort
03-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I'll tell you what a harsh death penalty is seeing an orange or good purple on the ground when soloing an arkfall getting killed by the volge whilst trying to pick it up, by the time you get back there it de spawns
Save yourself some trouble. Just Cloak.

Clarity Page
03-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Save yourself some trouble. Just Cloak.
I've always used decoy, which i did use at the time but the volge just teared through it, it didnt even buy me enough time top get to the gun.
i still use decoy 85 percent of the time

crasher
03-06-2014, 09:22 AM
From what I understand of Defiance, this game is not meant to do solo.
Most instances are requiring multiple people, either by game setting (Co-Op maps for example), or by sheer need (WM for example).
I can be mistaken, but it seems Trion is forcing this further, which is no problem for me personally.

As for the loot system: Already the loot system is a massive failure, everybody seems to be saying this.
-WM: I get green, sometimes blue, VERY VERY rarely purple... NEVER orange.
And a lot of grenades.
-Multi-Arkfalls: Always green, save for a bit of blue that randomly drops from an enemy.
-Incursions: Now, beforte I go into this, I havent't done many of these, so I need to be honest in this, but thusfar: ALWAYS green, very rarely a blue.
-Co-Op maps: Green.
-T4 lockboxes: Blue, hardly any purple, and ONCE! an orange.
And I did get quite a few of these, by now...

I do have quite a collection of orange and purple, which I bought from players or vendors.
And here is an awesome one: a Wolfie, 5.4 crit, 1.5 (if I remember right) extra crit, purple, I bought this yesterday in TN!!!
Luckiest day of my (Defiance) life.

Why do I speak of the rewards system?
Well, as said, it's already a fail, I do not believe it can get any worse.
At least not for me.
Seems others do have more luck than I do, so I speak for myself.

I did not set up a test game, for 2 reasons: too busy leveling my weapons, and I'd miss my friends there.
Oh, and lately I am horribly lazy due to sleepdeprivation. XD
Hrmph: now let me be honest, last reason was more the most important reason, lol.

And to come to my question in the rewards sector:
Since this seems to be related to actual IRL luck, the current rewards system, I cannot say in which way the new system would be worse.
How would this affect me?
And I ask this, because, it's hard to form an opinion from what I read...
Merely trying to understand.

Thank you.

1.) Keep in mind, it may not be a problem for you now, but I'll bet that some of those people you team up with play solo at least some of the time. I know I play solo a lot because I can't find anyone on dead shards and many times my friends list has no one on line.

Me, and at least some of those people you play with will then not be able to play at least some, or much of the time, if the penalties are that high, and rewards slip to low or zero, which means we just won't log in.

THAT means that some of those people you play with wont be there for YOU to play with, and you'll wind up playing solo.
That may be fine for you, you'll just go play something else.
Some of us play this game even solo because we prefer to play this game, and don't want to just move on because it's ok with you to let the game die.

2.) You buy weapons now.
Fine.
When the scrip gets harder to acquire, and stuff costs more, too. You won't be able to buy stuff.

That will also cause some of those people you play with to quit, leaving you playing solo more often.

Everyone doesn't find partners.
Some of those people are already leaving because of the dead shards.
The more people who leave - the more often shards have fewer players who are doing what you want to do, and again, you wind up solo, until you quit, too.

Be careful about how little you're willing to settle for, because many in the player base you rely on to share the load and supply revenue to TRION will leave, putting the remaining few in a tighter/worse position.
Few newbs are going to flock into a game that gives such small payoff, and the game will be deserted worse than now, which might be the ultimate game plan, if you were to believe in the conspiracy theorys about some companies trying to find ways to kill their games.

Tsort
03-06-2014, 09:38 AM
THE MIGHTY MAJOR ARKFALL!! RAINING FIRE, ROBOTS, HELLBUGS AND BLOODTHRISTY SCAVENGERS!! THE MOST DANGEROUS TASK FOR THE ARKHUNTERS TO OVERCOME !! ....... by the way, you can just solo that if you want to......

*joke mode off*

The salvage cost revert is not acceptable. But this was not the original topic (yeah... I do get how it's definitely linked to it). If there is ANYONE from the communication team reading, please can we get a clear answer as to whether the revert will be live or not? This info is crucial for the topic we are debating.

If nobody from the communication team is reading.......... is it to get us in the mood for Gunslinger??

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/236663giphy.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=236663giphy.gif)

N3gativeCr33p
03-06-2014, 10:05 AM
If nobody from the communication team is reading.......... is it to get us in the mood for Gunslinger??

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/236663giphy.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=236663giphy.gif)

Yeah... I see what you did there. :D

Lucent
03-06-2014, 10:10 AM

This upsets me because I really like doing minor arkfalls but there is rarely anyone else there with me... why should I be punished for LIKING part of the game that other people aren't interested in anymore? I felt that my current reward was worthwhile enough to keep showing up for them, but why take that sense of fun away from me and tell me it's not worth my time?

Amun Ra
03-06-2014, 11:10 AM
1.) Keep in mind, it may not be a problem for you now, but I'll bet that some of those people you team up with play solo at least some of the time. I know I play solo a lot because I can't find anyone on dead shards and many times my friends list has no one on line.

Me, and at least some of those people you play with will then not be able to play at least some, or much of the time, if the penalties are that high, and rewards slip to low or zero, which means we just won't log in.

THAT means that some of those people you play with wont be there for YOU to play with, and you'll wind up playing solo.
That may be fine for you, you'll just go play something else.
Some of us play this game even solo because we prefer to play this game, and don't want to just move on because it's ok with you to let the game die.

2.) You buy weapons now.
Fine.
When the scrip gets harder to acquire, and stuff costs more, too. You won't be able to buy stuff.

That will also cause some of those people you play with to quit, leaving you playing solo more often.

Everyone doesn't find partners.
Some of those people are already leaving because of the dead shards.
The more people who leave - the more often shards have fewer players who are doing what you want to do, and again, you wind up solo, until you quit, too.

Be careful about how little you're willing to settle for, because many in the player base you rely on to share the load and supply revenue to TRION will leave, putting the remaining few in a tighter/worse position.
Few newbs are going to flock into a game that gives such small payoff, and the game will be deserted worse than now, which might be the ultimate game plan, if you were to believe in the conspiracy theorys about some companies trying to find ways to kill their games.

Now, the situation of the Deserted Shards:
If the population is under a given amount, then the less active shar should simply shut down and port the players into the fullest shard, untill a certain amount of players is met.
Well, that's what I would do.
What's the use of having say 5 underpopulated shards active?
None.
Many games use a similar system, I am pretty sure Trion can do this here as well?
I believe you missed this part, my friend? :)

Deunan
03-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Ive heard that enemy's can drop orange weapons but never seen it my self though but that story did happen to me when I was low level and purple were rare drops to me, it was of a gun I wanted too.I think you misunderstood what you heard. The "drop" referred to is the drop into your inventory upon completion of the event, not drops from mobs that you pick up off of the ground. For Arkfalls you get it regardless of whether you're still at the Arkfall or not. For Sieges, you have to be at the Siege to get it but since most extraction points are within the Siege area that's not really an issue.

Extreme Rugburn
03-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Seriously!? Key Codes are now going to cost scrip and salvage again? I guess im unloading 4.5 million salvage after work. This is perhaps the worst news with the upcoming DLC. The scoring system might not even be a problem as most likely it wont even work if any of the past DLC's and patches are an indication of what to expect. I mean nothing they do seems to work how it is supposed to. This game has so much potential and can provide moments of fun, but honestly at this point im only in it because I bought the season pass before the game came out and I want to experience everything I paid for.

crasher
03-06-2014, 12:03 PM
I believe you missed this part, my friend? :)
Re: the 2nd part you mention -
The game used to spin up a second shard (phase/server) if the first got over populated.
The game used to spin up a second instance, too, if an event got too crowed as well.

About the shard/phase/server (many people interchange the terms all the time, and at this point I don't give a rat's butt anymore about semantics) issue, the game used to create a new one from the existing population and spread the population across the shards/phases/servers by averaging them out population-wise.

Now it seems to spawn you onto an empty shard either when you log in or it migrates you to an empty shard over time depending on your event participation.

If you don't server hop, you generally end up alone.
If you don't have people on your social/friends list, you have no one to server hop TO.

This is new/recent.
The game started putting us alone, whereas it used to be coalesce us.

They broke it.
What the game should do Vs what the game does do can have little relation to each other.

Some of us used to server hop all the time from one full server to another, all day long, doing Ark-Events all the time, constantly in firefights, constantly in action. It was as if one were logged into the game for 6 hours and could arrange to be in combat for 5 hours and 52 minutes of that time with crowds of people.

Now, the game keeps empty servers running even thought few people populate them. And it's possible to end up on one with no way to join a full population area.

Amack
03-06-2014, 12:59 PM
They are working on the shard system Crasher.
It's not as perfect as your explanation of it above is, but its being improved.

As it is currently, after reset, a first "primary shard" remains the only one until a certain population threshold is reached. Once that happens, a second "primary shard" spawns. The rest are overflow shards, and they do not spawn infinitely (memory leak) like they were for awhile. Since that was corrected, I haven't seen very many "lost" people on the overflow shards. The reason being is that the limited amount of overflow shards now have multiple players.

From what I can tell, people who login to the game are only sent to an overflow shard when the primary shards remain at capacity.
I've only seen 4 shards today in total.

I also think that they just updated it even more in the past 24hrs.

Seizan
03-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Well all is not lost. Remember there will be a new Legendary Weapon Kit for sale in the bit store for those with discriminating taste and the means to express it.

So, people will be able to buy Legendary weapons with actual money now?

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 02:44 PM

If it is the same as the other stuff in the bit store then probably not likely. The haz mat box and the purple box give an overwhelming majority of blues.
The loot rarity boost does not boost loot rarity so this box will most likely deliver an equivalent level of value.

Nightaven Arcana Vis
03-06-2014, 03:03 PM
These changes are disheartening. I just joined the game for both PS3 and PC. Although there is a lot of repetition, I am enjoying the game immensely. I already have a very difficult time getting legendary items from lock-boxes. So far, I have only pulled 2 orange items: a hurricane shield and rocket launcher. The only way I can really get a hold of legendary weapons is from soloing sieges. Although not optimal, I find this reasonable. I will have to play the game after the update to see how much time and effort I need to invest in order to still enjoy the game.

Today, getting a legendary item is like a lottery within a lottery. I have to work hard for legendary weapons and shields that have an extremely low drop rate (which doesn't bother me too much because they are legendary weapons), but vast majority of the time, the legendary has a set of attributes that devalues its rarity. In addition, weapon and shields seem to get better at a higher ego level (not damage wise). I am currently ego level 859.

I know I wasn't here when drop rates were better, and I wasn't here when the salvage and scrip costs were higher, but I don't like these upcoming changes at all because I get put into empty shards most of the time, and I don't always reach top tier in heavy group play due to various reasons. I try tricks I learned from reading the forums like using a stingray spanner to heal, but so far it hasn't been fruitful.

Just sharing my experience as a new player. Mostly casual play. I sometimes play long hours.

As a side note, I am always broke in-game. I am starting to get the impression that I just need to bank everything, only buy lock-boxes when I earn the keycodes directly, and spend scrip/salvage when I reach cap (which may never happen). Although all of this is subjective, that isn't my idea of fun.

rebtattoo
03-06-2014, 03:13 PM
These changes are disheartening. I just joined the game for both PS3 and PC. Although there is a lot of repetition, I am enjoying the game immensely. I already have a very difficult time getting legendary items from lock-boxes. So far, I have only pulled 2 orange items: a hurricane shield and rocket launcher. The only way I can really get a hold of legendary weapons is from soloing sieges. Although not optimal, I find this reasonable. I will have to play the game after the update to see how much time and effort I need to invest in order to still enjoy the game.

Today, getting a legendary item is like a lottery within a lottery. I have to work hard for legendary weapons and shields that have an extremely low drop rate (which doesn't bother me too much because they are legendary weapons), but vast majority of the time, the legendary has a set of attributes that devalues its rarity. In addition, weapon and shields seem to get better at a higher ego level (not damage wise). I am currently ego level 859.

I know I wasn't here when drop rates were better, and I wasn't here when the salvage and scrip costs were higher, but I don't like these upcoming changes at all because I get put into empty shards most of the time, and I don't always reach top tier in heavy group play due to various reasons. I try tricks I learned from reading the forums like using a stingray spanner to heal, but so far it hasn't been fruitful.

Just sharing my experience as a new player. Mostly casual play. I sometimes play long hours.

As a side note, I am always broke in-game. I am starting to get the impression that I just need to bank everything, only buy lock-boxes when I earn the keycodes directly, and spend scrip/salvage when I reach cap (which may never happen). Although all of this is subjective, that isn't my idea of fun.Look me up on PS3. I'm on every night. I can give ya some pointers.

There is no cap for scrip/salvage. However, you can only carry 75 keycodes at any given time.

N3gativeCr33p
03-06-2014, 03:19 PM

If so, that falls dangerously close to P2W by my definition... not good... seems like a huge slap in the face to those who made that fulfilling chase in order to get their OJs.

Nightaven Arcana Vis
03-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Rebtattoo. I mostly play on PC and only jump on the PS3 version when my lady needs my computer for photography editing. I will definitely keep your IGN and PSN noted, but don't want to waste your time.

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 03:27 PM
If so, that falls dangerously close to P2W by my definition... not good... seems like a huge slap in the face to those who made that fulfilling chase in order to get their OJs.

And soon we get a longer, more fulfilling chase.
I'm so happy I could spit!

rebtattoo
03-06-2014, 03:27 PM
If so, that falls dangerously close to P2W by my definition... not good...It's already basically reverted to that. Epic mods available for bits. Ppl purchase them then charge outrageous scrip or trade prices for them so that they can acquire the weapons/shields that they want.

All this is doing, in essence, is taking out the middle man. The other thing we have to remember is not all Legendary's are Legendary. It's still going to be a crap shoot and an expensive gamble to win. Remember, the house has the best odds.

It sucks that it's what it has boiled down to, but Trion sees the trend and is trying to bank on it. Even though they claimed they never wanted a P2W system in place, they keep doing things leading down that path. Ppl want Legendary's and are upset with the drop rate. They hear that and decide to make a buck. And, it's easy for them now, because the precedent was set with the Epic mod Boxes. Ppl bought them instead of boycotting them. Easy to add another money grab at that point.

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM

As a side note, I am always broke in-game. I am starting to get the impression that I just need to bank everything, only buy lock-boxes when I earn the keycodes directly, and spend scrip/salvage when I reach cap (which may never happen). Although all of this is subjective, that isn't my idea of fun.

Actually you are here, with the better drop rates, unless you mean when Warmaster drops were better. Btw legendaries should be hard to get.
But back to the drop rates, you are new but already have 2 legendaries from lockboxes. I have been here from the start and have only gotten 5 from lockboxes. I have gotten 1 from the new supply crate in rep vendors, but those supply crates spit out oranges like crazy from what I've heard.

N3gativeCr33p
03-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Sure makes it easier for me to ween myself off of this game, then... regrettably... :(

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 03:42 PM

I see plenty of purple drops, of course most are hatchling grenades but that is beside the point. I have considered equipping all the perks that increase drop rates on a certain loadout just to see if it's worthwhile, but still haven't bothered.

Seizan
03-06-2014, 04:22 PM
maybe they'll put in the bit store a Legendary Box that only gives out Birdshots, Magnums, and Rocket Launchers lol

Bentu
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM
maybe they'll put in the bit store a Legendary Box that only gives out Birdshots, Magnums, and Rocket Launchers lol

You mean the T4 lock box, cause that's exactly what I get from it.

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 05:11 PM

I am always scrapping purple birdshots!

Seizan
03-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Bentu, stop buying your T4's from Walmart! :p

crasher
03-06-2014, 07:31 PM
They are working on the shard system Crasher.
It's not as perfect as your explanation of it above is, but its being improved.

As it is currently, after reset, a first "primary shard" remains the only one until a certain population threshold is reached. Once that happens, a second "primary shard" spawns. The rest are overflow shards, and they do not spawn infinitely (memory leak) like they were for awhile. Since that was corrected, I haven't seen very many "lost" people on the overflow shards. The reason being is that the limited amount of overflow shards now have multiple players.

From what I can tell, people who login to the game are only sent to an overflow shard when the primary shards remain at capacity.
I've only seen 4 shards today in total.

I also think that they just updated it even more in the past 24hrs.
Just logged in fresh today, 20 minutes ago. I was #4 in queue.

Lagfest, vehicle wont spawn reliably - many attempts at many places, players and vehicles appearing in the middle of DM arkevents at Last Chance area, and disappearing, badguys rubberbanding, and every 3 or 4 steps while I'm running my 'toon pauses and stops to just stand there for a beat.....

The two people on my friends list at other events on other places on the map are reporting similar.

Keep Hope Alive.

Pass the Haggis, please.

Amack
03-06-2014, 07:42 PM

Lagfest, vehicle wont spawn reliably - many attempts at many places, players and vehicles appearing in the middle of DM arkevents at Last Chance area, and disappearing, badguys rubberbanding, and every 3 or 4 steps while I'm running my 'toon pauses and stops to just stand there for a beat.....

Shrug, join my clan. I guess we are just lucky for some reason.

The two people on my friends list at other events on other places on the map are reporting similar.

Keep Hope Alive.

Pass the Haggis, please.

Shrug, join my clan. I guess we are just lucky or something.

Maybe it has something to do with running 26 toons/clients at once?

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 07:52 PM

Keep Hope Alive.

Pass the Haggis, please.

I had Haggis.

Once.

Amack
03-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Just visited the incursions on the busy shards... no latency on my end. Clan mates reporting the same performance. My car did despawn though.

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Just visited the incursions on the busy shards... no latency on my end. Clan mates reporting the same performance. My car did despawn though.

The only way my car disapearing in game, would bug me, is if it was one of these!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SA7bNPR1tGY/T-G-65CLhwI/AAAAAAAAGDM/zk0TX7HFqks/s640/black-ktm-batmobile-1.jpg
http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/lamborghini-ankonian.jpeg

This last one, is my favorite, and looks like it would fit the best in Defiance!!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/c5/3a/a5c53a91a7f4db0124057e93f2ba31da.jpg

crasher
03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Shrug, join my clan. I guess we are just lucky or something.

Maybe it has something to do with running 26 toons/clients at once?

Join your clan?
And what?
We start acting nice to each other and maybe acting civilized and housebroken?
Where's the fun in that?

I run 2 maybe 3 'toons at once when I want to trade. I run 2 when I want to snipe from a location, I put them both in the same place.
That way I can shoot, run down to pick up my loot and port back to placeholder,
Sometimes I'll put a 2nd placeholder someplace so I can port back and forth to vendors and back to remote locations.

I am running one 'toon tonight.
I ported to Last Chance and had the issues noted in post #76 above.

I ported to Muir, and drove to the Progenitor final just west of Muir.
ATV despawned twice by the time I got to the bridge area.
I went down the hill and when I got to the Arkfall, my ATV despawned again, but the the Progen final despawned too.

How the jekk do you despawn a Progen?

It came back a few moments later... and crowds of players and I were getting tossed in the air several times with nothing shooting at us.
The towers were down and there was no Forge or Omnis running about.
It was just too stupidbad to adequately describe.

Sure, I'm playing, but there's too much fail occurring to just ignore quietly.
And scrip/AS loot wont pick up for 8-10 seconds at a time while I stand on it.
Other people are reporting the same thing in game.

Amack
03-06-2014, 08:38 PM
I ported to Muir, and drove yo the Progenitor final just west of Muir.
I went down the hill and when I got to the Arkfall, my ATV despawned aging, but the the Progen final despawned too.

It came back a fe moments later... and crowds of players and I were getting tossed in the air several times with nothing shooting at us.

LMAO, I was in your shard when you said that in zone chat awhile ago... roflrofl...

TBH I have no idea what Trion is up to now. I went to two incursions on a certain shard and I saw hundreds of people. They have completely vanished now, I can't find that mass of people anywhere I look... between like 4 shards... all gone, lol. I think they got beamed back to the mothership.

I logged out completely, then logged back in, I was not put on an empty shard... but it sure wasn't full either.

You had it working so well earlier Trion, what did you do now? Too funny.

Edit: It also seems that the shards have become infinite once more... you never return to a shard that you have left.

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Join your clan?
And what?
We start acting nice to each other and maybe acting civilized and housebroken?
Where's the fun in that?

I run 2 maybe 3 'toons at once when I want to trade. I run 2 when I want to snipe from a location, I put them both in the same place.
That way I can shoot, run down to pick up my loot and port back to placeholder,
Sometimes I'll put a 2nd placeholder someplace so I can port back and forth to vendors and back to remote locations.

I am running one 'toon tonight.
I ported to Last Chance and had the issues noted in post #76 above.

I ported to Muir, and drove to the Progenitor final just west of Muir.
I went down the hill and when I got to the Arkfall, my ATV despawned again, but the the Progen final despawned too.

It came back a few moments later... and crowds of players and I were getting tossed in the air several times with nothing shooting at us.
The towers were down and there was no Forge or Omnis running about.
It was just too stupidbad to adequately describe.

Sure, I'm playing, but there's too much fail occurring to just ignore quietly.
And scrip/AS loot wont pick up for 8-10 seconds at a time while I stand on it.
Other people are reporting the same thing in game.

Free weekend?

Amack
03-06-2014, 09:04 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/35jxmoy.jpg

Amun Ra
03-07-2014, 12:43 AM
I run 2 toons to unload some stuff, but never had an isseu there, THUSFAR.
Speakin' with 2 words here.
I have heard of Trade Fails where items seem to vanish into thin air on PC-EU.

Vehicle desapwns happen when there's a ton of players on the some place, overal doable.

Lately we have quite a few buggered arkfalls, either due to overlapping events, critters in the ground, or the system being not sure as to what the next step is in a WM event (everything killed outside, but no gates appearing) for several minutes.

Could it be that the system is suffering from Creutzfeldt–Jakob?
It could explain a lot, really...

Haggis: I have some actually...

crasher
03-07-2014, 05:08 AM
I had Haggis.

Once.

Never butchered hogs and made "puddin' ", either, I see.....
:)
They're an acquired taste, like drinking Guinness....
And you need each to get the taste of the other out of your mouth...
:)

I run 2 toons to unload some stuff, but never had an isseu there, THUSFAR.
Speakin' with 2 words here.
I have heard of Trade Fails where items seem to vanish into thin air on PC-EU.

Vehicle desapwns happen when there's a ton of players on the some place, overal doable.

Lately we have quite a few buggered arkfalls, either due to overlapping events, critters in the ground, or the system being not sure as to what the next step is in a WM event (everything killed outside, but no gates appearing) for several minutes.

Could it be that the system is suffering from Creutzfeldt–Jakob?
It could explain a lot, really...

Haggis: I have some actually...

Mad Pow disease would explain a lot about this game....

I had tradefails happen on several occasions (as had clannies and others) a few times but not for several months. And I hope it's not back.
I DID trade a spare OJ 'lectro-'nade from one 'toon to my main no longer played 'toon for storage, but failed to remember that main 'toon already had an OJ 'lectro-'nade on it.
<<poof>>.
And another issue to the CS team sent as a series of msgs and bug reports that were ignored and listed as 'no ticket submitted'.

And about the vehicles despawning in crowds?
Sure, maybe that's when trick and others see it happen a lot.
But I sure as snot see it happen awfully frequently when I'm late to an event in an area, port to the nearest and (being late I'm, usually alone) despawn one or several vehicles on the way.
It happens going to scrappers east of OP, or to Mutant District siege, both usually within sight of OP the first time on a trip. It happens going SE of Crater to Towers Quarry, usually on that first hillclimb. It happens heading south of the New Freedom in several places around the bridges and Accord medical, and just before KTAM too.

Regarding Breaks, I do a lot of minors, and I hate when HM drones spawn inside columns... a b*tch to kill, but they keep rezzing the HM if you don't kill 'em.