PDA

View Full Version : Mastery Notification

Elastik Spastik
03-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else not getting the weapon is mastered notification?

Quebra Regra
03-06-2014, 02:46 PM
it's been happening to me on and off for the last couple of weeks... I got mad recently when after two days of grinding with my outbreaker I looked closely and found that it had already been mastered again some time previous.

heads up people, manually check yer weapon mastery from time to time.

Bentu
03-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else not getting the weapon is mastered notification?

It's you, :), I mastered 2 shotties and a rocket launcher today and saw the mastery pop up.

Elastik Spastik
03-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Its a pain. Done it twice today with my frc nomad smg and was mastered god knows how long. Im nearly level 20 bit I get no notice.

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Not just you Spaz. It might be a PC thing though.
I find it's hit or miss for me. Sometimes it pops up, sometimes it don't.

Bentu
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
The trouble is it pops up while you are shooting at something and your attention is on the target and not a faint yellow pop up.

Lucent
03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Not just you Spaz. It might be a PC thing though.
I find it's hit or miss for me. Sometimes it pops up, sometimes it don't.

I'm on 360 and the same with me. It's shows up MOST of the time, which then confuses me when I look and find out something is already mastered and I missed it. Another weird thing is that I've noticed more and more than if I master a weapon during an incursion or arkfall, I will not get the mastery notice until after the results screen comes up, meaning I mastered it some time during the event and didn't get the message yet.

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
I promise Bentu, It's a known bug.

Known by the players at least.

Deunan
03-06-2014, 03:33 PM
It's a latency issue. It's also manifesting by not having popups for each (any really) item you get form a lock box. I get skipped mastery messages, and skipped loot drop reward messages for the Warmaster, Major Arkfalls and Sieges as well. I get EGO level up messages that come late by as much as a minute or longer. The end card window for Sieges doesn't come up for up to a minute or longer as well. EGO tells me to watch out because the Arkfall is unstable and about to explode after it's already happened and I'm in my vehicle beginning to drive away. These are actually among the least bothersome issues for me. If the game lasted 5 more years and I was still playing and these issues remained it wouldn't bother me that much. Other issues however.....

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 03:50 PM
that is why I also have the textchat for those types of messages active. That way even if I miss the big popup I still notice the chat out of the corner of my right eye and give it a quick glance. Of course it is easy to do, when I rarely have zone chat on. lol

Bentu
03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
I promise Bentu, It's a known bug.

Known by the players at least.

Erm you're not insinuating I don't play the game are you?

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Good point B man, I do that too

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 03:56 PM

If he's not, I am!

Lol joking Bentu. I know we are just on at different times. lol

Bonehead
03-06-2014, 03:59 PM

God no Bentu, not at all.

DSW
03-06-2014, 10:00 PM
so it's not only me who experiencing this. seems like Weapon Mastered message gets stuck in queue from time to time, but will display after you go into any menu, like Loadout or Inventory and quit it. while not particulary annoing to XP cap'd characters, it still could be P.I.T.A for low-EGO ones who's trying to grind every xp point they can. esp. in DM arkfalls with green boosts. (back in the day i was mastering about 1.5-2 guns in a single arkfall)

Amun Ra
03-07-2014, 12:46 AM
I have problems every so often with notifications as well, not only mastery.
AR Skill did not mention last 2 skill points (19/20), failed mastery notification, failed salvage ready notification, failed Roller Skill notification, ...
Not that big a deal to me, I always check stuff manually.

It's not that I do not trust you, dear Trion...
Really not... :P

crasher
03-07-2014, 05:29 AM
I have problems every so often with notifications as well, not only mastery.
AR Skill did not mention last 2 skill points (19/20), failed mastery notification, failed salvage ready notification, failed Roller Skill notification, ...
Not that big a deal to me, I always check stuff manually.

It's not that I do not trust you, dear Trion...
Really not... :P

There are times when the notification just aint there, no matter what.
I've specifically checked with weapons that were about to roll over:
I get mastery notification fails a lot. And I happens in places where I'm playing alone and just shooting at lone skits, too, so it's not information overload of the system that is solely the reason, (and since this is true, it's possible that info overload might just cause a delay and not an actual skip of the notice.)
I've seen no notification when I checked after each shot to see when it's mastered, and even reset weapons completely while receiving no mastery notification before the 'salvage operation complete' type message pops.

It makes no difference in my case whether a weapon is being mastered the first time, or being remastered after a reset. And it makes no difference which weapon or rarity is being mastered.

Kibblehouse
03-07-2014, 08:29 AM
I am on PC NA and I have not had this issue, masteries seem to pop when they should.

I am not complaining mind you, there are still plenty of issues I do have.

For example, I would gladly trade the mastery notifications for the ability to climb ladders without being thrown into orbit.

Etaew
03-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Because this message can get lost, either weapon xp needs to continue to be gathered after a weapon is mastered, or an icon should appear near the weapon xp bar on the main game interface.

crasher
03-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Because this message can get lost, either weapon xp needs to continue to be gathered after a weapon is mastered, or an icon should appear near the weapon xp bar on the main game interface.
I like this one.

I typed that out so I wouldn't have to worry about being reported for not having typed enough to make my point and breaking some rules, because just answering a post with 'This', while clear, concise, and correct, would have upset someone and caused a brouhaha.

Lucent
03-07-2014, 09:03 AM
That is a good idea. At this point it probably won't happen, but just like the total skill part is there by the weapon HUD, it would be cool if that turned red or something to signify that you were using a weapon that could not be mastered any more.

Seizan
03-07-2014, 09:18 AM
I had something similar (though not exact) happen a few days ago. I leveled 5 weapons in a roll at the Hulker and each time, the weapon XP would reach its max but no notification would pop up. Then after a few minutes or so, the notification pops up out of the blue and guess what, all five weapons were like that and they all got +10% dmg from last shot in clip. Strange indeed.

Quebra Regra
03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
It's a latency issue. It's also manifesting by not having popups for each (any really) item you get form a lock box. I get skipped mastery messages, and skipped loot drop reward messages for the Warmaster, Major Arkfalls and Sieges as well. I get EGO level up messages that come late by as much as a minute or longer. The end card window for Sieges doesn't come up for up to a minute or longer as well. EGO tells me to watch out because the Arkfall is unstable and about to explode after it's already happened and I'm in my vehicle beginning to drive away. These are actually among the least bothersome issues for me. If the game lasted 5 more years and I was still playing and these issues remained it wouldn't bother me that much. Other issues however.....

Well characterized... I noticed this problem for a while where I'll find weapons in my inventory that I never saw a notification for. Defiantly present on XBOX as well. Latency makes sense, I see this sometimes when there's lag in picking up salvage, mags, scrip.

Irteip Zeugirdor
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM
And speaking of mastery skills. Anyone Had this issue where you reset the mastery points on a weapon trying to get a different mastery skill and when you finally get to max out the weapon you get the same exact mastery skill it had before??. It has happened to me twice. So what's the point of spending ark salvage money to reset the the weapon only to get the same thing??

crasher
03-07-2014, 03:23 PM
And speaking of mastery skills. Anyone Had this issue where you reset the mastery points on a weapon trying to get a different mastery skill and when you finally get to max out the weapon you get the same exact mastery skill it had before??. It has happened to me twice. So what's the point of spending ark salvage money to reset the the weapon only to get the same thing??
you never get a different bonus.

One resets so that one may continue to recieve lvl'g skills for that weapon.

Irteip Zeugirdor
03-07-2014, 03:42 PM
you never get a different bonus.

One resets so that one may continue to recieve lvl'g skills for that weapon.

Thanks for clarifying that. So please correct me if i'm wrong. If you've already reached level 20 on let's say ARs, resetting mastery points on an AR would be worthless.

TheOz
03-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I've been getting my mastery notifications, both for first time and subsequent mastery for a weapon.

rebtattoo
03-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. So please correct me if i'm wrong. If you've already reached level 20 on let's say ARs, resetting mastery points on an AR would be worthless.Pretty much. Just wasting salvage at that point.

rebtattoo
03-07-2014, 04:01 PM
I like this one.

I typed that out so I wouldn't have to worry about being reported for not having typed enough to make my point and breaking some rules, because just answering a post with 'This', while clear, concise, and correct, would have upset someone and caused a brouhaha.Uh oh. Crash man. You wouldn't want to cause a brouhaha, you may put the populace overseers into a conundrum.

Irteip Zeugirdor
03-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Pretty much. Just wasting salvage at that point.

Thank you Sir. Better start resetting my OJ Zagger then. I'm kinda behind schedule on sawed offs

crasher
03-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Uh oh. Crash man. You wouldn't want to cause a brouhaha, you may put the populace overseers into a conundrum.

Drats.
The dastards.