PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Community Managers Scapes and Ocho

Scapes
03-06-2014, 03:26 PM
http://community.riftgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cleaver_berman_560x350.jpg

Ark hunters, meet your new Community Managers: Evan "Scapes" Berman (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?10418429-Scapes) and Eric "Ocho" Cleaver (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?10434351-Ocho)! They're new to the Trion Worlds family but have been growing and championing online game communities for more than 15 years combined.

Here's Evan who will be taking lead on the Defiance and ArcheAge communities:

Greetings, fellow ark hunters! My name is Evan "Scapes" Berman and I am a Senior Community Relations Manager here at Trion Worlds.

I began my gamer life with an Apple IIC playing memorable two-tone titles held on floppy floppies. First embarking online when ISPs charged per minute and Geocities was tapping into the urge to Facebook before "social media" was a term, it was only natural that my love of multiplayer games would lead to a position at Flagship Studios, taking me away from editing commercials for advertising firm Crispin Porter + Bogusky and across the nation to join a new industry.

Originally a Hellgate: London fansite operator, I used my new official role to liaise between players and developers for the improvement of the game. Most recently, I championed the TERA community as one of the first employees at En Masse Entertainment, grew a vast army of mech pilots for Khang Le's twitch shooter HAWKEN for Meteor Entertainment and Adhesive Games, and ushered in a new generation of independent developers onto Microsoft's next generation Xbox One console as part of the ID@Xbox team.

I'm elated to join the talented team here at Trion Worlds and thrilled to meet you, our passionate players. My inner gamer, forged in late nights of progression raiding in MMOs and practicing headshots in FPS titles, is proud to be working on RIFT, Defiance, Trove, and ArcheAge. Feel free to tweet at me on Twitter: @Scapes (http://www.twitter.com/scapes)

Next up, say hello to Eric who will be taking lead on the RIFT and Trove communities:

Greetings and well met! My name is Eric "Ocho" Cleaver. Much like Evan above, I too started my computer gaming on the venerable Apple II series, although mine was a IIGS. I'll do my best not to hold his inferior system against him. ;) This was the start of a long love story with computer games, much to my parents' dismay at the time. They have since come to admit that "yes, you can maybe make a living with those games you play."

The introduction of MMOs completely changed my way of gaming though, and playing anything else these days is a rarity for me. Of course the main games I'm playing right now are RIFT and Defiance, but I'm hugely excited to see ArcheAge and Trove as well.

Over the last several years I've worked in community on a number of games, including City of Heroes and EverQuest, and now I'm hugely excited to be working here at Trion Worlds with all of you folks. To me the most exciting part of the MMO world is you, the players, because you're every bit as much a part of what makes our games great as our development teams are.

So hi and nice to meet all of you. I'll have a lot of questions for you all, so don't be surprised if I poke my nose in your conversations on our official forums, Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else our games are discussed!

You'll be able to find Evan and Eric posting on the official forums, chatting via socials, and previewing upcoming game content in videos. Feel free to call them by their first names or forum handles, and be sure to let them know about the best Defiance livestreams, cool player-made content, and what you want to see next in the game.

See you in Defiance!

The Trion Worlds Community Team

Read the article on Defiance.com (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/06/introducing-scapes-and-ocho/)

Bentu
03-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Welcome guys. :)

Amack
03-06-2014, 03:40 PM
It's like Deja Vu, all over again... ;)

Good luck gentlemen.

N3gativeCr33p
03-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Welcome... hope to see some great banter/discussion from the new Trion CMs! :applause:

Feel free to tweet at me on Twitter: @Scapes (http://www.twitter.com/scapes)

Followed.

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Welcome... hope to see some great banter/discussion from the new Trion CMs! :applause:

Followed.

No tweeting here. I'm not a bird of any kind, not even a kiwi! :p

Let's just hope you 2 stick around and communicate more than the others.

Iceberg
03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Congratulations and welcome, let's hope things are a little more "communicative" around here.

Scapes
03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Congratulations and welcome, let's hope things are a little more "communicative" around here.
That's not only the plan, it's my mission statement.

Iceberg
03-06-2014, 03:54 PM

I am all about giving someone a chance, but please note, in the past we have had less than stellar service on these forums when it comes to that. Some of us are still jaded, so please bear with us during this ;)

Scapes
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Some of us are still jaded, so please bear with us during this ;)
I totally grok. Welcome to the new age.

Bentu
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Have you had time to read some of the more recent threads and will you be giving us any insights on our worries as to where the game is going and some of its issues and bugs.

Shadow Andreas
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Welcome guys....best of luck....you have a monumental task ahead of you! As stated previously.....there are many jaded folks here.....but many still have hope for Defiance.....I hope you can respark that fire within us by communicating openly and honestly (and often).

rebtattoo
03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
That's not only the plan, it's my mission statement.Reserving judgement.

Welcome to the community. You have a long, dark, and bumpy road ahead. Suffice it to say, the last couple of weeks here have been pretty tense. You have a lot of jaded customers that feel as they've been pushed aside. Will take some time to earn trust from a lot of them, myself included.

*Edited*

Want to add a few questions.

Scapes, do you play Defiance? If so, which platform? If so, roughly how many hrs. per week? Thank you.

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Welcome guys....best of luck....you have a monumental task ahead of you! As stated previously.....there are many jaded folks here.....but many still have hope for Defiance.....I hope you can respark that fire within us by communicating openly and honestly (and often).

Jade?! Surely you don't mean ME! I am just a realist! Now go back to that roleplay and get me better!

Scapes
03-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Have you had time to read some of the more recent threads and will you be giving us any insights on our worries as to where the game is going and some of its issues and bugs.
Today makes day four in the office and I've been stealth-lurking the forums for the past few weeks. I'm in the process of getting a baseline, taking the community's pulse with regards to what's hot, what's not, and what's next.

The long and short answer is yes, I will be working to address concerns but also to share what's to come (which also may address concerns).

Bentu
03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Today makes day four in the office and I've been stealth-lurking the forums for the past few weeks. I'm in the process of getting a baseline, taking the community's pulse with regards to what's hot, what's not, and what's next.

The long and short answer is yes, I will be working to address concerns but also to share what's to come (which also may address concerns).

That's good to here, if you're on xbox my gt is B3NNTU and DawnPatrol are recruiting. ;)

Newbe
03-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Welcome, from a long time lurker, non poster...Still trying to have some Hope.

Etaew
03-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Ascended
Well that just made me sad right there, we aren't RIFT!

Shadow Andreas
03-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Well that just made me sad right there, we aren't RIFT!

Should have been "Fellow ArkHunters". :(

Knightmage
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Good luck gentlemen, and welcome. Hope you packed your Flack Jackets, got a feeling you might need them sooner than later.

Deunan
03-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Welcome aboard Evan. You certainly got the tougher of the two positions IMO but, also IMO, this is a step in the right direction bringing back CM's for specific titles.

You may have already noticed that two of our long time forumites have put up threads that may be helpful for you in liasing between the player community and the Development Team.

For content the coming down the pipeline Arsenic_Touch has created this thread with links regarding our findings regarding content from the upcoming DLC4 Gunslinger Trials (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151435-All-right-folks-finished-testing-Gunslinger-Trials-DLC-4-links-inside.) based on play time spent on the test server. Please have someone from the Community Team take a look at what's noted there in terms of new content and changes and compare it against what's in the current patch notes. Notwithstanding that some of the changes not noted in the draft patch notes won't be popular among players, they really need to be disclosed in the patch notes. The lack of disclosure in the patch notes has become a serious source of distrust and it's undermined the credibility of the Defiance Team in the eyes of many members of the player community, regardless as to whether omissions were intentional or not.

While it's located in the PC forum for bugs and issues, Etaew's master list for bugs and issues (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?150634-Player-Maintained-Master-Bug-List)is really for issues and bugs that exist across all three platforms. It's a work in progress, but it's a resource you can use to bring yourself up to speed with some of the bugs and issues that players are going to be constantly asking you about unless and until they're addressed.

Good luck. You've got your work cut out for you.

"The only easy day was yesterday."

Elastik Spastik
03-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Welcome to you both. I hope we start to get some feedback on the subjects and problems regarding Defiance. Here's to A New Hope?

Shadow Andreas
03-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Welcome to you both. I hope we start to get some feedback on the subjects and problems regarding Defiance. Here's to A New Hope?

I see what you did there....nicely done!!!

Elastik Spastik
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
I see what you did there....nicely done!!!

;).............................

Blondin
03-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Congratulations to you, it is a big challenge to take back the position of community manager of Defiance, as you could see there a despair that affects a large portion of players of Defiance, at least those who speaks on this forum, and you have to be brave to embark on such an adventure :)

Scapes
03-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Scapes, do you play Defiance? If so, which platform? If so, roughly how many hrs. per week? Thank you.
I do play Defiance on PC and have been since beta. While I was working on other titles, my time was focused on them and engaging with those communities, but I'd say I kept a good 6-8 hours per week. As one might guess, that range is going to increase.

Scapes
03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Should have been "Fellow ArkHunters". :(
Posting four versions of the introduction post on four CMSes all at once (and two forum threads) has its risks. Good catch, will fix.

Etaew
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
I do play Defiance on PC and have been since beta. While I was working on other titles, my time was focused on them and engaging with those communities, but I'd say I kept a good 6-8 hours per week. As one might guess, that range is going to increase.

That's what you probably should have lead with, helps gain some respect :p Once you are settled maybe we should talk about ways DD can work with you.

Iceberg
03-06-2014, 05:34 PM

So, are you a fan of the grenade mechanics now? And what is your opinion on the chat interface? ;)

Shadow Andreas
03-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Posting four versions of the introduction post on four CMSes all at once (and two forum threads) has its risks. Good catch, will fix.

It was Etaew's catch....I don't know enough about RIFT t catch that :)

I understand.....just FYI though....those are the types of little things you will get beat up about (we are a passionate bunch). The majority of our community already feels like we are left in the dark to wither away and just disappear.

Glad to see you are a long time player....that will help you.

Arsenic_Touch
03-06-2014, 05:49 PM
'ey there chummer. Hope you got the tech to wade these muddied waters. You'll either love me or hate me. Hope your colleagues warned ya' of me. :p

hey u
03-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Who is playing on PS3?

rebtattoo
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
I do play Defiance on PC and have been since beta. While I was working on other titles, my time was focused on them and engaging with those communities, but I'd say I kept a good 6-8 hours per week. As one might guess, that range is going to increase.Glad to hear you're acquainted with the game!

I might recommend trying a few hours each week on the other 2 platforms, just so you have a first hand knowledge of what we're talking about. If you do, please don't hate me. I think it's imperative though.

Nefarious
03-06-2014, 06:39 PM

http://i.imgur.com/nLYtG2d.jpg

Morgana
03-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Yay! Glad to have you guys on board. :)

CM Kiwibird
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Super happy to be working with these guys. :o

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Who is playing on PS3?

Just these kinds of people. Sorry.

http://rlv.zcache.com/glutton_for_punishment_post_card-r82d454e45f8d4449993e0fbd83dab783_vgbaq_8byvr_512. jpg

ironcladtrash
03-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Welcome. Hopefully this means we get more communication and it's open and honest. As long as you don't give vague answers to questions no one asked you should be fine.

Codex
03-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Welcome guys! I look forward to hearing about the game from you all as you get settled in :D

Scapes
03-06-2014, 08:32 PM
'ey there chummer. Hope you got the tech to wade these muddied waters. You'll either love me or hate me. Hope your colleagues warned ya' of me. :p
I've definitely seen your activity across the forums and will say I'm looking forward to loving you. Yes, I said it. <3

those are the types of little things you will get beat up about (we are a passionate bunch).
What you don't know is that my inner perfectionist editor is already beating me up for that offense as I type.

That's what you probably should have lead with, helps gain some respect
See, I figured it was expected that a Community Manager be intimately familiar with the games they're representing.

Congratulations to you, it is a big challenge to take back the position of community manager of Defiance, as you could see there a despair that affects a large portion of players of Defiance, at least those who speaks on this forum, and you have to be brave to embark on such an adventure :)

Good luck gentlemen, and welcome. Hope you packed your Flack Jackets, got a feeling you might need them sooner than later.
I appreciate the warnings! Suffice to say, this isn't my first rodeo and I'm eager to ride.

Welcome. Hopefully this means we get more communication and it's open and honest. As long as you don't give vague answers to questions no one asked you should be fine.
For starters, try out my reply to Iceberg below.

I might recommend trying a few hours each week on the other 2 platforms, just so you have a first hand knowledge of what we're talking about.
My thoughts exactly.

So, are you a fan of the grenade mechanics now? And what is your opinion on the chat interface? ;)
Good questions, both. Simply put, I didn't use the original chat interface as it interrupted gameplay. I think the new execution is vast improvement over what it was. There's been exponentially more chat-based social interaction since its introduction as well, something that's arguably key to an MMO title. Moreover, the team is still making improvements to it: they're in the process of fixing private chat in Gunslinger Trials and addressing those lost emotes by attaching them to slash commands.

As for the grenades, I'll honestly say the change surprised me initially. I'd gotten very used to having a reliable nuke ability for those "OH SHTAKO" moments. That said, in a game where ammunition isn't infinite and mag sizes matter, a bottomless grenade generator on each of our belts is kinda ridiculous (even for the sci-fi genre). It makes a lot more game sense as a consumable than as a spell on a 60 second cooldown. Plus, the current implementation isn't final.

In chatting with the developers, they made it clear they also can't stand having to leave consumables on the ground simply because they can't carry any more of them. The solution is two-fold: enemies will no longer drop specific varieties of grenades and other consumables. These generic consumables will replenish your currently-equipped grenade, stim, or spike. When your inventory can't take any more, picking up these items will automatically break them down into arc resources. Never leave a battlefield littered with loot ever again!

The question is when we will work on these improvements: Gunslinger Trials is coming up in days and the next DLC is already in development (as you might imagine). With this in mind, we know these are important quality-of-life improvements to the community and are eager to introduce them the moment we can catch our breath. Even though there's a lot going on, we're definitely eager to know what's working and what's not for you all.

How do you feel about these proposed changes? Tell us!

http://i.imgur.com/nLYtG2d.jpg
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/he_smiles.gif

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Good questions, both. Simply put, I didn't use the original chat interface as it interrupted gameplay. I think the new execution is vast improvement over what it was. There's been exponentially more chat-based social interaction since its introduction as well, something that's arguably key to an MMO title. Moreover, the team is still making improvements to it: they're in the process of fixing private chat in Gunslinger Trials and addressing those lost emotes by attaching them to slash commands.!

For starters, that's all good news.

As for the grenades, I'll honestly say the change surprised me initially. I'd gotten very used to having a reliable nuke ability for those "OH SHTAKO" moments. That said, in a game where ammunition isn't infinite and mag sizes matter, a bottomless grenade generator on each of our belts is kinda ridiculous (even for the sci-fi genre). It makes a lot more game sense as a consumable than as a spell on a 60 second cooldown. Plus, the current implementation isn't final.

That last sentence in this part of the quote isn't going to win you any points. The community is tired of the devs constantly flip-floping around with their implementations. I am fine with the limited grenades. just think the limit should start at like 3 and go up at certain ego milestones. Perhaps maxing at 10.

On a side note, we'd all love it if you either increased the total unlcoked inventory space by another 12 slots, or make it so consumables don't use up our inventory spaces.

In chatting with the developers, they made it clear they also can't stand having to leave consumables on the ground simply because they can't carry any more of them. The solution is two-fold: enemies will no longer drop specific varieties of grenades and other consumables. This generic consumables will replenish your currently-equipped grenade, stim, or spike. When your inventory can't take any more, picking up these items will automatically break them down into arc resources. Never leave a battlefield littered with loot ever again!

That's good to know.

The question is when we will work on these improvements: Gunslinger Trials is coming up in days and the next DLC is already in development (as you might imagine). With this in mind, we know these are important quality-of-life improvements to the community and are eager to introduce them the moment we can catch our breath. Even though there's a lot going on, we're definitely eager to know what's working and what's not for you all.

Now when will we FINALLY get skills for our charge/katana blades?!

Copperpot
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Welcome. I'm pretty new to Defiance and want to tell you that I love the game. I play on PS3 and my frustrations come from getting booted from the game. It sucks. But I keep playing because it's fun. Please express to whoever needs it expressed to that PS3 players want the boots and freezes fixed....please. We would probably help fund your overtime if needed, lol.

Atticus Batman
03-06-2014, 09:17 PM
http://community.riftgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cleaver_berman_560x350.jpg

By the was is it just me, or does Eric "Ocho" Cleaver (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?10434351-Ocho) look like Al from Happy Days, right down to the smile?
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/81/38/58/813858b97834dab29c1f76539094ef08.jpg
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/happydays-al-now-390x400.jpg

ironcladtrash
03-06-2014, 09:19 PM
For starters, try out my reply to Iceberg below.

Your entire post is exactly the kind of thing that has been missing for so long around here. Great information, and responses to us all. I actually like the sound of that change a lot. I just wish I still had my 0 det frag grenade with min 2k damage.

Umfafa
03-06-2014, 09:55 PM
In chatting with the developers, they made it clear they also can't stand having to leave consumables on the ground simply because they can't carry any more of them. The solution is two-fold: enemies will no longer drop specific varieties of grenades and other consumables. This generic consumables will replenish your currently-equipped grenade, stim, or spike. When your inventory can't take any more, picking up these items will automatically break them down into arc resources. Never leave a battlefield littered with loot ever again!

Well, to be honest...there's nothing in these DLC releases that's worth putting off needed changes.

I could have completely done without DLC3. It was, essentially, a non-event. DLC2 was great until they broke it. DLC4? I have absolutely no attraction to it. Another non event and more recycled content. Not even mentioning the catastrophe which is the scoring changes.

I'd much rather have needed fixes get done first. Because if they don't people like me are just gonna move on to something else. No new content, and compounding injuries to the database and gameplay every time a patch is released.

Just being honest. Welcome to hell.

;)

DSW
03-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Well, to be honest...there's nothing in these DLC releases that's worth putting off needed changes.

I could have completely done without DLC3. It was, essentially, a non-event. DLC2 was great until they broke it. DLC4? I have absolutely no attraction to it. Another non event and more recycled content. Not even mentioning the catastrophe which is the scoring changes.

i think half of the players could live with it given that they put away the death penalty. at least in WM fight, because, you know, then the winning ones will always be those moronic ******s with Volge and BMGs.

I'd much rather have needed fixes get done first. Because if they don't people like me are just gonna move on to something else. No new content, and compounding injuries to the database and gameplay every time a patch is released.

;)
i second this. though as it has been said here and there, the patch release rate are deeply tied to stupid rules of console content moderation by sony & ms :/

Umfafa
03-06-2014, 11:00 PM
By the was is it just me, or does Eric "Ocho" Cleaver (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?10434351-Ocho) look like Al from Happy Days, right down to the smile?
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/81/38/58/813858b97834dab29c1f76539094ef08.jpg

LOL

You had to do it on the first post, didn't you?

This guy is gonna be hearing that **** every time he walks into the office now.

Sunday....Monday......HAPPY DAYS!

Atticus Batman
03-07-2014, 01:35 AM
LOL

You had to do it on the first post, didn't you?

This guy is gonna be hearing that **** every time he walks into the office now.

Sunday....Monday......HAPPY DAYS!

That's what he gets for not posting at all yet! :p

drackiller
03-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Simply put, I didn't use the original chat interface as it interrupted gameplay.

First of all, welcome to the jungle :)
Second, i can`t add much to what others already said but, about the part that i`m quoting for you from you, the chat is broken now.
I play on PS3 and in the beginning, last year in april when i started to play, if i had an external keyboard plugged into my PS3 i could write and play at the same time. My character would be able to move while i was writing, i don`t know if people remember this but that`s how it was back then.
After one patch not much later after i started playing, that was when it started stoping the game to write.
Today the chat is more than confuse to use on the PS3 and the game still has to stop to write, i doubt that i`m the only one who has to do that.

I hope that my bad english is understandable to you.

Wish you the best in your new work.

drackiller
03-07-2014, 01:40 AM

He presented himself, but is job is not to post here :) He`s in charge of Rift and Trove.

Atticus Batman
03-07-2014, 01:46 AM
He presented himself, but is job is not to post here :) He`s in charge of Rift and Trove.

No he did not. Scape dids. Ocho did NOT. Check his forum profile. He has NOT posted anywhere!

Elastik Spastik
03-07-2014, 03:01 AM

I thought he was more like this guy :) (hope he can take a joke)

how do i make the pictures bigger?

drackiller
03-07-2014, 03:48 AM
No he did not. Scape dids. Ocho did NOT. Check his forum profile. He has NOT posted anywhere!

You`re right, but the first post is a joint op :)

Atticus Batman
03-07-2014, 03:54 AM
I thought he was more like this guy :) (hope he can take a joke)

how do i make the pictures bigger?

Either find a bigger picture, or upload it to a photosharing site like photobucket that allows you to edit and enlarge your pictures. Btw isn't that from Doctor Who?

Elastik Spastik
03-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Either find a bigger picture, or upload it to a photosharing site like photobucket that allows you to edit and enlarge your pictures. Btw isn't that from Doctor Who?

I'll try that. And yes it's from doctor who. I never watch it as it bores me but i came across this pic while looking at peter kay as at first glance thats what i thought Ocho looked like.

drackiller
03-07-2014, 04:02 AM
I'll try that. And yes it's from doctor who. I never watch it as it bores me but i came across this pic while looking at peter kay as at first glance thats what i thought Ocho looked like.
I also use photobucket and all i can say is that it`s very user friendly.

Elastik Spastik
03-07-2014, 04:11 AM
Hmmmmm wish i was technically minded

Bentu
03-07-2014, 05:44 AM
I know what you're doing is ment jokingly but you should really post pictures of yourselves so he can have some fun at your expense.

Blondin
03-07-2014, 06:01 AM
I know what you're doing is ment jokingly but you should really post pictures of yourselves so he can have some fun at your expense.
+1 exactly what I thought...

Etaew
03-07-2014, 06:05 AM
There is a fine line between teasing and being rude, hostile and insulting. Please no more personal attacks no matter how it was intended.

rydda
03-07-2014, 06:10 AM
From what I have seen from you on this thread I have high hopes for you. You just might be the CM we been missing all this time but only time an replies to threads will tell us the truth. Any information good or bad just give it to us.

get ready put your armor on, it shall start from this day on, do not hold back.
you got the best back ground for the job see you around.

duction
03-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Welcome to our forums, if it isn't too much to ask please could one of you buy and use a xbox 360 and defiance? I'm noticing the staff only go for the PC Everytime. Hell I'd put the xbox purchase on works expenses :)

ironcladtrash
03-07-2014, 07:07 AM

My avatar is a self portrait.

Drewbud
03-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Welcome to our forums, if it isn't too much to ask please could one of you buy and use a xbox 360 and defiance? I'm noticing the staff only go for the PC Everytime. Hell I'd put the xbox purchase on works expenses :)

Hasn't Trick mentioned that he's a hardcore 360 player? Or did I just imagine that when he was talking about controllers on a live stream.

also this:
The solution is two-fold: enemies will no longer drop specific varieties of grenades and other consumables. This generic consumables will replenish your currently-equipped grenade, stim, or spike. When your inventory can't take any more, picking up these items will automatically break them down into arc resources. Never leave a battlefield littered with loot ever again!

IS AMAZING! In fact I almost want to NOT play until it's in effect . . .

Matobar
03-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Welcome to Trion both of you!

I wish you a pleasant stay, and I hope you both enjoy yourselves. :)

Shadow Andreas
03-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Hasn't Trick mentioned that he's a hardcore 360 player? Or did I just imagine that when he was talking about controllers on a live stream.

Yes....he is a 360 player at home....but I think in the office they all use PC.

Bonehead
03-07-2014, 09:17 AM
I passed jaded a few months ago.
I am well into resigned now.
ya know, new horse, same harness.

Deunan
03-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Welcome to our forums, if it isn't too much to ask please could one of you buy and use a xbox 360 and defiance? I'm noticing the staff only go for the PC Everytime. Hell I'd put the xbox purchase on works expenses :)The staff uses the PC for livestreams because it's easier to use for that and its the most stable platform for the game. The Lead Developer plays on Xbox regularly. His strong preference for using the controller even when on the PC for livestreams, as evidenced in the last livestream session, as well as Nefarious's random encounter and PvP duel with him on the live servers a few months ago is testament to the fact that he plays on the live servers for Xbox. It's irrelevant what platform they use for the Livestream sessions, and having Lead Developer playing on Xbox live servers is far better than having the Communications Manager doing so. Other than stability issues, most of them are cross platform anyway.

dramaQkarri
03-07-2014, 10:03 AM

Oh crap. Now I'm in trouble. I guess I better go follow you on twitter!

jimpugh
03-07-2014, 10:17 AM
These guys are not as rough as they make out....neglected yes... but really... good people ..

you guys will fit rite in and we all have been waiting for some real gamers....so Mr. Trick can focus more as well as the other good folks at Trion .....And we miss; Ms D. and her little doggy.....( this does not imply anyone is not Real gamers... it implies MO IS Better!)

So I am Happy Happy Happy ......:D

Happy Trails
PanHeadJim

BJWyler
03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Welcome, and may God have mercy on your Souls.

On another note, nothing about End of Nations? Is that still in Limbo?

Bentu
03-07-2014, 11:32 AM
My avatar is a self portrait.
So's mine :) ......

N3gativeCr33p
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
So's mine :) ......

Yeah, me too.

Shogo_Yahagi
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Yes....he is a 360 player at home....but I think in the office they all use PC.

That explains a lot.

crasher
03-07-2014, 12:48 PM
In his profile.

crasher
03-07-2014, 12:51 PM

;)

This is why I subscribe to this man's newsletter.

rebtattoo
03-07-2014, 01:32 PM
So's mine :) ......*Feeling weird saying this"

So is mine....Hmmmmm.

crasher
03-07-2014, 04:46 PM
*Feeling weird saying this"

So is mine....Hmmmmm.
I want to know whether you have somebody running alongside holding that blue frame, or if you just carry it and hold it up yourself.

Arsenic_Touch
03-07-2014, 05:21 PM
I want to know whether you have somebody running alongside holding that blue frame, or if you just carry it and hold it up yourself.

He's holding it up himself for the selfie, of course.

Ocho
03-07-2014, 05:53 PM

It's all about the nose. I derive all my authority from my nose.

I let Scapes take the lead, as he will be interacting with all of you more often than I will be. Plus his beard intimidates me.

I'm a PC gamer at heart, and have been playing on PC, but I've also been playing on xbox. Picked up a copy a week ago, and of course the first thing my daughter said was "Hey, can I play that game with you". You'll be happy to know I'm tied to both versions.

Nice to meet you all!

Atticus Batman
03-07-2014, 06:16 PM

I let Scapes take the lead, as he will be interacting with all of you more often than I will be. Plus his beard intimidates me.

I'm a PC gamer at heart, and have been playing on PC, but I've also been playing on xbox. Picked up a copy a week ago, and of course the first thing my daughter said was "Hey, can I play that game with you". You'll be happy to know I'm tied to both versions.

Nice to meet you all!

I was going more on the face and smile but ok.

Yes that beards is interesting. It looks like a caterpiller on his chin.

Reemember to look up Dawn Patrol on Xbox if you want to play with some great guys. There is normally always atleast one of us on. :)

Iceberg
03-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Well I am impressed, not only did I get an answer here for the grenades, but it was also taken to trick on the stream. Keep up the great work.

rebtattoo
03-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I want to know whether you have somebody running alongside holding that blue frame, or if you just carry it and hold it up yourself.It's one of the apprentices duties.

Actually it was a promo shot for the studio I work in. They had taken a few. This one was the best one. {I'm not very photogenic} The frame was added for the poster it was on. I liked it and use it. Besides, the others made my arse look huge.

Umfafa
03-08-2014, 02:40 AM

Nice to meet you all!

A sense of humor. Nice. People have told me I look like the dude from Friends. And that always pisses me off because I've never watched that show. So I don't know if they're poking at me or hitting on me.

Arsenic_Touch
03-08-2014, 02:47 AM
A sense of humor. Nice. People have told me I look like the dude from Friends. And that always pisses me off because I've never watched that show. So I don't know if they're poking at me or hitting on me.

So you look like Kudrow? :p

Atticus Batman
03-08-2014, 04:47 AM
So you look like Kudrow? :p

He said dude not A-sexual thing. So Marcell? :p

Arsenic_Touch
03-08-2014, 04:52 AM
He said dude not A-sexual thing. So Marcell? :p

So a capuchin little bunny fufu.... wow. That's one odd combination. :p

Atticus Batman
03-08-2014, 04:55 AM

But it does sounds like the type of critters one might see in Defiance, if they gave us more critters! So why not capuchin bunny fufu?! Besides I bet with that blade of his he does flea-hop all over like Yoda!

Arsenic_Touch
03-08-2014, 05:09 AM
Speaking of yoda. I wish the 7th legion samurai helmet was black and there was a black power armor. Could have my sith lord moment.

Atticus Batman
03-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Speaking of yoda. I wish the 7th legion samurai helmet was black and there was a black power armor. Could have my sith lord moment.

Sorry you don't get it. Atleast with my red and black Vbi infiltrator, it almost appears to be batman from Batman beyond, and I suppose my Ark infi would be Batman in desert camo. I still need to earn the one from the pursuit so I can see what it actually looks like, and if I like it enough to wear, atleast the helmet. Lol all my loadouts have one of the infi helms, the outfit varies based on mood, as does which infi helm I wear. lol

justifiable187
03-08-2014, 01:51 PM

Don't forget...

http://static.rifthead.com/rifthead/uploads/images/7967.jpg

Drewbud
03-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Don't forget...

http://static.rifthead.com/rifthead/uploads/images/7967.jpg
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, what are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, It's not your fault.

crasher
03-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, what are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, It's not your fault.

The second Lisa Kudrow reference in less than 24 hours.

I'm beginning to think that whole Mayan Calendar thing wasn't meant to happen all at once....

Ocho
03-08-2014, 09:48 PM
The second Lisa Kudrow reference in less than 24 hours.

I'm beginning to think that whole Mayan Calendar thing wasn't meant to happen all at once....

I totally set my wedding date for the 12/22/12. Entirely so I could make Mayan Calendar Apocalypse jokes.

Amack
03-08-2014, 09:53 PM
I totally set my wedding date for the 12/22/12. Entirely so I could make Mayan Calendar Apocalypse jokes.

A man after my own heart.
If you need a spare tinfoil hat, lemme know, I have plenty.

Edit: I would also like to mention that posting for the sake of devtracker is disappointing among other things. I am not saying this is what is happening, I am merely saying that is how it looks many times.

crasher
03-09-2014, 10:18 AM
But did Mrs. Ocho let the band play a cover of REMs "It's the End of the World as We Know It"?

JEMINAI
03-09-2014, 11:16 AM
it's enough for me that efforts continue to be made.
as it has been said we Defiance fans are a "passionate" bunch.
personally, after all my *****ing and complaining I have just accepted the game as is.
you create your own action with this little gem and it can be very entertaining.
improvements, fixes and expansion is a bonus. but either way, I can't put this damn game down!
/scratches at veins

ps. you could say you are now dealing with a cult audience... good luck ;)
oh and welcome welcome!

B_Draco
03-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Good luck gentlemen, and welcome to Defiance.

Iceberg
03-11-2014, 03:37 PM
So, is it time for the old Hide n Seek game? Was impressed with the first day, but I guess thats all we get.

rebtattoo
03-11-2014, 05:18 PM
According to Dev Tracker threads. 2 threads in last few days have been responded to. The thread about EGO glitch and a thread about "GLYPH". Not one ****in word addressing any of the top concerns from the last 72 hours. Un****enbelievable!

I give up.

Daeima
03-11-2014, 05:35 PM
According to Dev Tracker threads. 2 threads in last few days have been responded to. The thread about EGO glitch and a thread about "GLYPH". Not one ****in word addressing any of the top concerns from the last 72 hours. Un****enbelievable!

I give up.

Most talk the talk, some walk the walk, very few do both. I'll leave it here for you to figure what's appropriate.

Scapes
03-11-2014, 07:57 PM
So, is it time for the old Hide n Seek game? Was impressed with the first day, but I guess thats all we get.

Hardly, just took a bit longer to reply while we checked our math: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151883-So-this-is-the-legendary-kit.&p=1429303&viewfull=1#post1429303

Iceberg
03-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Hardly, just took a bit longer to reply while we checked our math: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151883-So-this-is-the-legendary-kit.&p=1429303&viewfull=1#post1429303

Those who are in charge of the pricing of the store have been hitting that whiskey a bit to much, going off of over inflated prices to explain an even more over priced item is insane. As you said though, people are buying the legendary kit, but you would have even more people buying stuff from the store if items were lowered. ;)

N3gativeCr33p
03-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Those who are in charge of the pricing of the store have been hitting that whiskey a bit to much, going off of over inflated prices to explain an even more over priced item is insane. As you said though, people are buying the legendary kit, but you would have even more people buying stuff from the store if items were lowered. ;)

C'mon, take it easy on the guy... he was out late in SF last night, hiding from the cops... well, according to his Twitter feed, anyway. ;)

Scapes
03-12-2014, 11:30 AM
C'mon, take it easy on the guy... he was out late in SF last night, hiding from the cops... well, according to his Twitter feed, anyway. ;)

A good time had by all, but hard at work for you guys this morning. Got some news to share in a bit.

Iceberg
03-12-2014, 11:55 AM
I hope it is some good news, I will be watching :)

Scapes
03-12-2014, 05:08 PM
And the result of this morning's legwork:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?152107-Gunslinger-Trials-DLC-Update-In-Game-Title-and-Lock-Box

VIC757
03-12-2014, 05:31 PM
I honestly must say that I'm somewhat impressed. You told us yesterday that you were going into a meeting today and you came back with results. I can see that you are trying to right the ship. I hope that we can keep moving in the direction of more direct communication. By no means am I forgetting about the initial issues, or the time we waited for your first response, but today you presented us with results. Still a long way to go, but thank you.
Just a little suggestion: You guys have an entirely new universe to explore in Defiance with a future setting and various alien races. Why do the devs keep using human historical info? Tell us about earth's new inhabitants. What are their histories? Mostly what we have been given are small paragraphs in the load screens.

Mercy Killing
03-12-2014, 06:05 PM
I remember Ocho from CoH. Good to see that ex Paragon Studios people are still plugging away!

Scapes
03-12-2014, 06:14 PM
You guys have an entirely new universe to explore in Defiance with a future setting and various alien races. Why do the devs keep using human historical info? Tell us about earth's new inhabitants. What are their histories? Mostly what we have been given are small paragraphs in the load screens.

We do want to share more about the Defiance universe but lore isn't necessarily content that pleases everyone who plays. That said, I agree that we can do more of it.

VIC757
03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
What I meant was why weren't there any story missions or dlc devoted to it. We got samurais and civil war. I'm sure it's too late to see it in dlc5. I'm not even looking for anything on the scale of what Lucas or Roddenberry created. Maybe something like what dlc2 did with Castithans but with story missions, not arenas. Maybe a storyline or side mission with Torc where you learn about what he did before the battle of defiance or what happened to the Sensoths since you barely see any of them.

wartitan
03-13-2014, 10:33 AM
I have to say that as long as this continues, then I have hope for this game yet. Scapes, welcome to what's left of the community, and I see you're off to a great start. The key is whether it's going to continue...

All we want is to be told that something is going to be delivered and have it delivered on, whether that's communication or content or whatever. It's going to be rough starting out, but if you say you are going to let us know about something by a specific date, please update us on that date.

Even if it's a matter of telling us "we had a meeting but didn't make a final decision on this...". That would be all we need to at least know it's being worked on. I think that's what's been lacking for the last year. CMs saying that 'we'll let you know by x' and then either never finding out or it's delayed by a week, and then it's some sort of slippery answer that doesn't actually answer the question.

All we're asking is for honesty, even if it goes against what's being asked for.

Scapes
03-13-2014, 11:13 AM
CMs saying that 'we'll let you know by x' and then either never finding out or it's delayed by a week, and then it's some sort of slippery answer that doesn't actually answer the question.

That's not how I operate.

All we're asking is for honesty, even if it goes against what's being asked for.

That's how I operate.

wartitan
03-13-2014, 11:58 AM
That's not how I operate.

That's how I operate.

Fantastic, I think we're going to get along just peachy :)

Iceberg
03-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey scapes, can ya do us a favor and look into the boosts for us? The way they currently operate they go off of real world time, so if a player purchases them and the server goes down for 12+ hours then that player just lost money/boost time. It needs to go off of in-game server time so that no matter how much time the server is down when it comes back up the player is able to still use their boost without feeling like they lost money.

wartitan
03-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Agreed with Iceberg, but maybe we should start a separate thread for that? In the suggestions area perhaps? I hope Scapes will be monitoring the forum as a whole, so hopefully some of these things can be put in the right place :)

Scapes, you'll probably notice that people will latch on initially to threads you've responded in, as opposed to starting threads in the proper places on the forums. That's how desperate we've gotten to have someone at Trion communicate with us....

Iceberg
03-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Agreed with Iceberg, but maybe we should start a separate thread for that? In the suggestions area perhaps? I hope Scapes will be monitoring the forum as a whole, so hopefully some of these things can be put in the right place :)

Scapes, you'll probably notice that people will latch on initially to threads you've responded in, as opposed to starting threads in the proper places on the forums. That's how desperate we've gotten to have someone at Trion communicate with us....

The suggestion forum, also known as the black hole of the defiance forums, ya I know this is suppose to go there but at least here it has some light on it to be seen ;)

wartitan
03-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Truth, maybe just put a post in the general forum, that way it'll get seen ;)

Tsort
03-14-2014, 04:39 AM
Truth, maybe just put a post in the general forum, that way it'll get seen ;)
Hoping it doesn't get samouraļ-moved and forgotten like the player maintained bug list initiative.

Amack
03-14-2014, 06:30 AM
To the above posters regarding the suggestion threads.
I would very much suggest that we do create those threads in the correct areas, and then PM Scapes a link to those threads. I am sure that would be enough for him to catch it eventually. Keep in mind, I am sure that man is plenty busy but I am positive he is doing his absolute best job for us and won't let us down if at all humanly possible.

Scapes
03-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Hey scapes, can ya do us a favor and look into the boosts for us? The way they currently operate they go off of real world time, so if a player purchases them and the server goes down for 12+ hours then that player just lost money/boost time. It needs to go off of in-game server time so that no matter how much time the server is down when it comes back up the player is able to still use their boost without feeling like they lost money.

We do have a plan to address active boosts during periods of instability or downtime, more on this later today. Also, feel free to make new threads for important topics so I don't miss them X pages deep in an unrelated thread. :)

Scapes
03-14-2014, 09:43 AM
To the above posters regarding the suggestion threads.
I would very much suggest that we do create those threads in the correct areas, and then PM Scapes a link to those threads. I am sure that would be enough for him to catch it eventually. Keep in mind, I am sure that man is plenty busy but I am positive he is doing his absolute best job for us and won't let us down if at all humanly possible.

Private messages are a good conduit for alerts as well, yes please.

N3gativeCr33p
03-14-2014, 11:09 AM

Interesting, because sending PMs to your predecessor would prove otherwise.

rebtattoo
03-14-2014, 11:14 AM
We'll see how the "PM thing" works out. Am currently in testing with it on an issue.

Funny thing is, I had similar experience with said predecessor and with one of the devs. They assured me that my issue would be "looked into". I still don't have my ****** episode missions! What is this now? 3 months later?!?

I digress. We'll see if scratching their back reciprocates to mine being scratched.

Judgement still in reserve.

CM Kiwibird
03-14-2014, 12:55 PM

I do love PMs, please do feel free to PM me as well.

Bentu
03-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I do love PMs, please do feel free to PM me as well.

I sent you a pm recently concerning a little matter, I also pm'd 2 other members of staff and have heard nothing.

CM Kiwibird
03-14-2014, 02:03 PM
heard nothing.

Check your inbox. :o You should have a surprise there.

Bentu
03-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Check your inbox. :o You should have a surprise there.

You didn't shout boo :)

rebtattoo
03-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I do love PMs, please do feel free to PM me as well.Did you receive my last?

CM Kiwibird
03-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Did you receive my last?

Sure did, you should have a reply sitting in your inbox.

Raucus
03-18-2014, 08:26 AM
Welcome Community Team ! :)

I'm new to the game so no Axes to grind or Chips on the shoulder just a finger on the Trigger and the future in my sights.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/77ariane77/lets_rock.jpg (http://s692.photobucket.com/user/77ariane77/media/lets_rock.jpg.html)

crasher
03-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Welcome Community Team ! :)

I'm new to the game so no Axes to grind or Chips on the shoulder just a finger on the Trigger and the future in my sights.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/77ariane77/lets_rock.jpg (http://s692.photobucket.com/user/77ariane77/media/lets_rock.jpg.html)

Kewl.
Been a while since I saw The Shoulder Thing That Goes Up.