PDA

View Full Version : The term Veteran

Bentu
03-07-2014, 11:45 AM
How long have you got to be in the game to be a vet?

MagnusRune Daltus
03-07-2014, 11:48 AM
well some people would say only if you got to 5k ego your a vet, or at least 4k. Me ive played since day 2 of release (my copy was late in the post :( ) but ive only just hit 3K, so would i count as a vet?

Critical Errors
03-07-2014, 11:49 AM
How long have you got to be in the game to be a vet?

Most of us consider Veterans to be those of us that started playing within the first couple months of game release. Everyone playing after that is just a newb :p

Midori Oku
03-07-2014, 11:54 AM
At this point, I would say at least the first two or three weeks. As for hours played, I have no idea. I know I have 87 days (so at least 2088 hours) on my EGO 5000 character.

Edit: I got Defiance at the midnight release, and started playing as soon as it patched. Well, if you consider lagging horribly playing. lol

Critical Errors
03-07-2014, 11:56 AM
At this point, I would say at least the first two or three weeks. As for hours played, I have no idea. I know I have 87 days (so at least 2088 hours) on my EGO 5000 character.

I never checked, but does time played count for all toons?

Midori Oku
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM

I don't think so. I've never check the time on my lower level characters.

Nashtalia
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
i would say i am semi-Legit, as i am 3k in rating...i started DEFI back in December 2013 :cool:

De-cem-ber :cool:

Midori Oku
03-07-2014, 11:59 AM
i would say i am semi-Legit, as i am 3k in rating...i started DEFI back in December 2013 :cool:

Unfortunately, I don't think starting around Arkbreaker's release allows you to be considered a veteran, or even close to it. Maybe in another year............or two.

Nashtalia
03-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think starting around Arkbreaker's release allows you to be considered a veteran, or even close to it. Maybe in another year............or two.

did not say i am a "Veteran". i said i was "Semi-Legit" :cool:

N3gativeCr33p
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Most of us consider Veterans to be those of us that started playing within the first couple months of game release. Everyone playing after that is just a newb :p

Sweet, then I'm a veteran... picked up my copy of the game just weeks after it launched.

Whew!

Midori Oku
03-07-2014, 12:04 PM
did not say i am a "Veteran". i said i was "Semi-Legit" :cool:

What is your definition of "Semi-Legit?" I'm curious!

Critical Errors
03-07-2014, 12:06 PM

De-cem-ber :cool:

Poor lil Nashtalia... I've deleted characters bigger than you :p Just breaking your balls a little though. It's apparent you enjoy this game, and that's all good by me :)

crasher
03-07-2014, 12:24 PM
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Defi/Played03-07-14.jpg
Unique to each 'toon on an account,

Critical Errors
03-07-2014, 12:34 PM

That's worrisome then... I've played way too much.... I may need to go to rehab :(

Bonehead
03-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi, my name is Jim and I'm a defianceaholic.

McSteeletom
03-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Be here since lauch day and just mnow bout to hit 3k ego funnest part is just running around with friends doing random things like how high on the mountain I can go.

Critical Errors
03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Hi, my name is Jim and I'm a defianceaholic.

Hi Jim!

Bonehead
03-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi Jim!

Nailed it.

Lucent
03-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I started playing on release and am at 47XX Ego, but I don't "feel" like a veteran because I missed December and the first half of January, so I missed when the Splitshot was OP, the beginning of WM's, etc. Since it seems like I missed a major change in the game, I was out of the loop for a while when I came back. To me, veteran would be someone who has played consistently throughout the game's lifetime and has been through the roller coaster of it all.

rebtattoo
03-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Was actually talking to a bud in game about this the other night. He started on launch. I started beginning of July. I told him I felt like an "In-Betweener", the wiener jokes abounded, and then he told me he considered me a vet. At last look on Monday night I had logged in 46 days just over 1100 hrs.

Personally, I think anyone who has logged in 1k+ hours, at this time, should be considered a vet. That number increasing as time goes on.

Thoughts?

*Edit*

Just saw post above mine. I witnessed SAWnerfgate but missed the hulabaloo with shotguns.

duction
03-07-2014, 01:30 PM
ive been playing since 10pm april 1st 2013, a few of us lucky players were let in the night before, had the whole map to our selfs, no one on storey line.... was bliss

drackiller
03-07-2014, 01:47 PM
EGO is not a requirement to be called a veteran in this game, we all been wounded by this game so i think that we all are veterans, some just donīt know it yet :)

I started in APRIL i`m not an EGO 5000 nor i will ever be one because i simply don`t play PVP in this game nor i`ll ever play it...ok, maybe i will someday but not for the sake of hitting 5K EGO.

So yeah i am a veteran but not a hardcore one becaus i give that title to those people that are here since before the launch of the game testing and testing and still are playing at date...those yes, are true vets and to them i make my vow an take my hat.

Ps: by the way, I`m curious to know were do you see how much time we log ingame?

Quebra Regra
03-07-2014, 02:02 PM
you aint a vet, you aint shtako unless you played in the BETA before launch. :P

Naw, I'd consider anyone a vet if they put up with it since before DLC1.

duction
03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
lol i played the beta too, that plasma pulser!

TheOz
03-07-2014, 02:25 PM
lol i played the beta too, that plasma pulser!

OMG, the Plasma Pulser! People think Surge Bolters were OP, they had nothing on the Blue Flash of Death.

I really miss two recent Beta guns. The Plasma Pulser and Uncharted 3's original M9. The M9's tinny "klack-klack-klack" will be long missed.

Quebra Regra
03-07-2014, 02:29 PM
One of the decent early nerfs on the part of TRION. That blue @#&^ was outta control during the beta! Can you imagine it today at the Ken Farm siege?

crasher
03-07-2014, 02:30 PM
EGO is not a requirement to be called a veteran in this game, we all been wounded by this game so i think that we all are veterans, some just donīt know it yet :)

I started in APRIL i`m not an EGO 5000 nor i will ever be one because i simply don`t play PVP in this game nor i`ll ever play it...ok, maybe i will someday but not for the sake of hitting 5K EGO.

So yeah i am a veteran but not a hardcore one becaus i give that title to those people that are here since before the launch of the game testing and testing and still are playing at date...those yes, are true vets and to them i make my vow an take my hat.

Ps: by the way, I`m curious to know were do you see how much time we log ingame?
On PC you type /played into the chatbox, I dunno about consoles...

@REB?

TheOz
03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
One of the decent early nerfs on the part of TRION. That blue @#&^ was outta control during the beta! Can you imagine it today at the Ken Farm siege?

I remember doing a co-op with the Plasma Pulser after I put a scope on it - I got 90% of the kills! With it, I can't imagine how high a stage you could get to on Kenn Farms.

ON TOPIC: Veteran = anyone that has played consistently for 6 months straight regardless of ego level or hours played.
Die-Hard = anyone that was here at launch and is still here and still cares about Defiance. The newcomers can't understand what us Die-Hards had to deal with during that disastrous launch month of April 2013. We "Daredevils" deserve our own title to indicate our level of masochism.

Bentu
03-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Over here I've clocked up 44 days so far (1,056 hours), haven't looked at the EU toon and his at ego 2600.

rebtattoo
03-07-2014, 03:30 PM
On PC you type /played into the chatbox, I dunno about consoles...

@REB?The same on PS3. /played

*Edit*

However, it doesn't work for every one. Yeah, I know, Defiance...

Irteip Zeugirdor
03-07-2014, 03:46 PM
I think i'm close to become a Vet.. Been playing the game since July 2013. My ego is above 3200.. Yeah I'm getting there.

Arsenic_Touch
03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
If you paid the original retail price or near full price, you're a veteran, regardless of play time or ego level.

clubside
03-07-2014, 04:54 PM
I may not have been there at the beginning (started playing the middle of July after the first Steam sale), but with over 5,000 hours of play on eight characters across three platforms I consider myself a veteran.

Nefarious
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
I think anyone who can explain the in's and out of the game and is close to or over Ego 4000 is no doubt a vet.

But what about the day 1 players who were on the moment the servers went live? They are more then veterans. I for one feel privileged to been apart of that, no one will ever see Tranquility Road and Earth Republic Camp having as many players bustling around like it did when it all went live. Straight off the boat.

Midori Oku
03-07-2014, 05:03 PM
That's worrisome then... I've played way too much.... I may need to go to rehab :(

Is it bad that I work part time, and go to school full time, yet I still have that much time played?

Lucent
03-07-2014, 05:30 PM
/played does work for everyone, even if you don't see it in your chat window. You need to go to the radial menu, go to social, and hit "chat history" and you will see that it showed up when you typed it.

Blondin
03-07-2014, 05:36 PM
If you remember Charlie.

TremerChrist
03-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I guessxim a veteran. Played since beta on xbox Na server.

crasher
03-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Is it bad that I work part time, and go to school full time, yet I still have that much time played?

Before I played computer games, my floors were never so vacuumed, and the laundry was never fully caught up on as in the days right before an exam, or a paper was due....

You're just living in a more modern era....

It's ok... :)

Atticus Batman
03-07-2014, 06:19 PM
I always said, anybody with the Daredevil title, but who knows anymore?

rebtattoo
03-07-2014, 06:24 PM
/played does work for everyone, even if you don't see it in your chat window. You need to go to the radial menu, go to social, and hit "chat history" and you will see that it showed up when you typed it.There is that. I did mean that it doesn't show up in everyones chat window.

Thanks for the Clarification! :)

jschmuck33
03-07-2014, 08:05 PM
I always said, anybody with the Daredevil title, but who knows anymore?

Have they started giving out the daredevil title to new players? I know that my brother-in-law got the red challenger and the VBI infiltrator that collectors edition pre-order players got. which upset me a little because he got a free copy of the game a couple months ago and I've been here since launch, but we got the same bonuses.

Nashtalia
03-07-2014, 08:25 PM

What is your definition of "Semi-Legit?" I'm curious!

my definition of "Semi-Legit" is:

[Long answer] = someone who died A-LOT of times and from those times, has picked up tactics and learned from failed battles. battle-hardened. used said tactics to have winning tactics results, picked up nifty spiffy tactics with the variety of weaponry. has gained better tech to combat the superior [A.I.] even at the heat of battle and near brink of death are still going HOT against the threat [A.I.] despite in the brink of death.

[Short answer] = at least 3k in rating, has at least put in 2 months of nothing but DEFI in terms of gaming.

that is my final answer....

:cool:

Midori Oku
03-07-2014, 08:30 PM
my definition of "Semi-Legit" is:

[Long answer] = someone who died A-LOT of times and from those times, has picked up tactics and learned from failed battles. battle-hardened. used said tactics to have winning tactics results, picked up nifty spiffy tactics with the variety of weaponry. has gained better tech to combat the superior [A.I.] even at the heat of battle and near brink of death are still going HOT against the threat [A.I.] despite in the brink of death.

[Short answer] = at least 3k in rating, has at least put in 2 months of nothing but DEFI in terms of gaming.

that is my final answer....

I guess that woks as an answer. >__________>

Dandrielas
03-07-2014, 08:37 PM
I consider myself a veteran. Was there in the beta and at launch. I am however only ego 2677.

Nashtalia
03-07-2014, 08:41 PM
I consider myself a veteran. Was there in the beta and at launch. I am however only ego 2677.

i would assume in the presence of other "Vets" i would assume the Vets would consider you a Vet, since you started at BETA and at it's official release.

but as for me i am "Semi-Legit".

Dandrielas
03-07-2014, 08:43 PM
i would assume in the presence of other "Vets" i would assume the Vets would consider you a Vet, since you started at BETA and at it's official release.

but as for me i am "Semi-Legit".

You do realize past 1500 Ego rating means nothing since you have all the abilities already.

Nashtalia
03-07-2014, 08:47 PM
You do realize past 1500 Ego rating means nothing since you have all the abilities already.

my ego ability is Stealth, not maxxed...it's at level 2 and the only perk i have is "Execution" not maxxed either, it's [Execution perk] is at level 2....that is my set-up. because Head-shots is how i Neutralize zeh threat [A.I.]

/not planning on maxxx-ING out the level of the skill / perk

"Semi-Legit", yes i am...

Stefanwulfe
03-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I've been here since day 3, after release. Begged my wife to let me pre-order, but ya know how it is once the "boss" speaks. Made it to 5000 with doing very little pvp...I'm a terrible pvper!

Dandrielas
03-07-2014, 09:00 PM
my ego ability is Stealth, not maxxed...it's at level 2 and the only perk i have is "Execution" not maxxed either, it's [Execution perk] is at level 2....that is my set-up. because Head-shots is how i Neutralize zeh threat [A.I.]

I wouldn't be putting myself down like that. As long as you can kill effectively and know what to do, you are a vet in my book. Unlike early lock breakers.

Nashtalia
03-07-2014, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't be putting myself down like that. As long as you can kill effectively and know what to do, you are a vet in my book. Unlike early lock breakers.

Touche'....

and when i decide to "dance with zeh Ice-Demon" i am not a "Lock-Breaker". i am more the one who "stands-by" until the Ice-Demon is out Cryo-stasis

crasher
03-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Have they started giving out the daredevil title to new players? I know that my brother-in-law got the red challenger and the VBI infiltrator that collectors edition pre-order players got. which upset me a little because he got a free copy of the game a couple months ago and I've been here since launch, but we got the same bonuses.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/11/i-think-our-relationship-could-use-some-boosts/

CRIXDA
03-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Excellent thread, Bentu!
I am a day 1 player and I played the beta as well and loved it. I remember seeing the advert/commercial and raving about how much I wanted to play the game.
I enjoy the television show as well (and I think that both the Irisa and Stahma characters look better than the actresses who play them) but the game will endure better, in my opinion. Perhaps that is what makes me a veteran - I care more about the game.
I pre-ordered and wrung my hands, waiting for this game. I wish that I had extra DEFI stickers and cool things like that, maybe a couple of postcards from The Territories to send to friends.
I am not even EGO 3000 yet and I play almost every day. I have stupid time in this game but I don't chase pursuits really hard, I just have fun and run with the Dawn Patrol.
Veteran or not, the time in-game is always worth it.

drackiller
03-08-2014, 12:55 AM
The same on PS3. /played

*Edit*

However, it doesn't work for every one. Yeah, I know, Defiance...
Ok thanks both of you Reb and Crash, i`ll try this to see if it works :)

drackiller
03-08-2014, 01:03 AM
/played does work for everyone, even if you don't see it in your chat window. You need to go to the radial menu, go to social, and hit "chat history" and you will see that it showed up when you typed it.

Thanks man...lots of posts to reed since yesterday :)

Atticus Batman
03-08-2014, 01:50 AM

The Vbi infiltrator is for the collector's edition, not a pre-order. So as long as his free game was the collector's ed, or he upgraded with the digital deuxe upgrade he would get it. I was told the red challenger also comes with the digital deluxe upgrade.

drackiller
03-08-2014, 02:06 AM

LOL crasher, i`m pretty sure that you must leave the game on because 150 days is A LOT of time .
I just checked mine and i have only 24 days...thank the gods.

Critical Errors
03-08-2014, 04:10 AM

I'm taking from this post that you have alot of Ego points saved up. There's really no advantage to not using them. You may find the game more fun if you start playing around with different perks. The first time I started using blur, I ran around open world everywhere. Who needs a car when you got hedgehog speed?

There are a handful of useless perks, but for the most part the perks system is on point for enhancing game play.