PDA

View Full Version : Best sniper from faction vendors?

CPA
03-08-2014, 10:23 AM
So I have 1k from each of the vanilla-game vendors but have never spent points (other than two vehicles from EC I believe) and am not sure what to get. The problem is that I took a six month break and am just coming back. I never get oranges from lockboxes so I am mainly using blues/purples that I luck out with at events.

The problem is that with these new guns that charge I get OHKO'd from halfway across the map in shadow wars so I was hoping to equalize the playing field a little bit...

Let me know your thoughts.

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 10:25 AM
IMHO the best ohk sniper is from the thorn liro vendor.
The mk 4.

drackiller
03-08-2014, 11:03 AM
IMHO the best ohk sniper is from the thorn liro vendor.
The mk V .
I fixed that for you :)

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 11:07 AM
4=IV
I have never seen a V or 5

drackiller
03-08-2014, 11:15 AM
4=IV
I have never seen a V or 5

I had to make sure :)
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/DSCN00941_zps49eec937.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/DSCN00941_zps49eec937.jpg.html)

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Cool! I've not gotten any of my 24 toons above ego 1700. After 1500 the grind gets too boring to me.

drackiller
03-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Cool! I've not gotten any of my 24 toons above ego 1700. After 1500 the grind gets too boring to me.

LOL 24 toons X 1500 EGO gives what in grinding time !?

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I know I know it's all in the mind but it's more fun for me to bring a newb toon up to 1000 than than put in the time trying to get much higher. The progression just slows down too much for me to stay interested. I think only 18 are above 1500 and the rest are 400 or below.
2800+ hrs BTW

drackiller
03-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I know I know it's all in the mind but it's more fun for me to bring a newb toon up to 1000 than than put in the time trying to get much higher. The progression just slows down too much for me to stay interested.
2800+ hrs BTW
Between work and sleep and other stuff, i can`t play that much time, i only have 24 days of gameplay and that is more than enough.

WhiteF8ng
03-08-2014, 06:30 PM
So I have 1k from each of the vanilla-game vendors but have never spent points (other than two vehicles from EC I believe) and am not sure what to get. The problem is that I took a six month break and am just coming back. I never get oranges from lockboxes so I am mainly using blues/purples that I luck out with at events.

The problem is that with these new guns that charge I get OHKO'd from halfway across the map in shadow wars so I was hoping to equalize the playing field a little bit...

Let me know your thoughts.

Vanilla? Try out that VBI sniper in the VBI rep vendor at Shondu's Consulate. Reps vendors except for (Thorn Liro and 7th Legion) have a damage boost that sits them atop standard legendary weapon damage. With the new supply caches (not Echelon or Paradise though), you can try your luck there for a Legendary version of that same rifle.

ironcladtrash
03-08-2014, 06:44 PM
I know I know it's all in the mind but it's more fun for me to bring a newb toon up to 1000 than than put in the time trying to get much higher. The progression just slows down too much for me to stay interested. I think only 18 are above 1500 and the rest are 400 or below.
2800+ hrs BTW

Completely off topic of thread for a sec, but I am shocked to see someone have that much more time than me. I have 1700 hours in. You really should get at least 1 toon to 5K just for the sake of doing it since you already have so much time in. It only really felt like a pain in the *** grind once I stopped gaining XP which for me was in the lower 4000s, but I also figure the last grind is kinda the point being at really high EGO.

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Yea, I'm retired and this game really became more like a hobby for me.

ironcladtrash
03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Yea, I'm retired and this game really became more like a hobby for me.

I understand that. I quit smoking when this game came out so it became my new OCD obsession. Helped take my mind off the cravings when I could shoot things in the face.

Critical Errors
03-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Save your rep points till after DLC drops, and then pull a few supply crates from each of the 3 main factions. I say wait, because after DLC anything you pull will be tradable. Not the case right now.

As for snipers, I pulled 2 from Soleptor. A mediocre purple Votan Semi with Scavenger (It does exist!), and a legendary Votan with double crit and damage rolls. The latter one is Nano-mastery(or executioner), so of course it has no Nano :p

Either way you go, the Faction weapons will start out with better stats now, so you'll be ok with which ever you choose.

CPA
03-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Save your rep points till after DLC drops, and then pull a few supply crates from each of the 3 main factions. I say wait, because after DLC anything you pull will be tradable. Not the case right now.

As for snipers, I pulled 2 from Soleptor. A mediocre purple Votan Semi with Scavenger (It does exist!), and a legendary Votan with double crit and damage rolls. The latter one is Nano-mastery(or executioner), so of course it has no Nano :p

Either way you go, the Faction weapons will start out with better stats now, so you'll be ok with which ever you choose.

This is great information (along with the post earlier about the faction boxes) so thank you so much. I will do this!

Bonehead
03-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Not available anymore but the extalife sniper is pretty boss for a non charge rifle.

Critical Errors
03-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Not available anymore but the extalife sniper is pretty boss for a non charge rifle.

True story! Maybe they'll be tradable with DLC adjustments as well.

Deunan
03-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Vanilla? Try out that VBI sniper in the VBI rep vendor at Shondu's Consulate.My personal choice as well. I have two Legendary ones that I received from either lock boxes or Afflicted Sieges (I can't remember which). The high damage, high crit multiplier and the fast reload time makes them ideal for fast one hit kills on multiple trash mobs.