PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to stay positive, but Gunslinger changes just sound awful...

Albion
03-08-2014, 11:33 AM
If you aren't aware, read this thread regarding the scoring system (thanks Fuzzle):

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151570-Score-System-broken-with-latest-update

So, to recap, the new scoring system makes almost all events impossible, and not worth your time since the rate of obtaining keycodes will be dramatically less. Then, if you want to convert your ark salvage into keycodes, you will have to pay a lot of scrip to do so (depending on how the clan bonus keys will work after this update, a T4 box could cost as little as 19000 scrip or as much as 67000 scrip). And finally, to add mod slots to your guns again costs a lot of ark salvage, the latest info from the alpha server puts it at 25000 ark salvage per slot on an orange weapon.

So, how is any of this player friendly? The new DLC makes it harder (much harder, actually) to obtain the keys you need to open lockboxes...and we already know how bad these lockboxes are. The intent seems to drain your scrip and salvage reserves, but nothing in the game allows you to earn scrip at a decent rate to keep up. I just saw a screenshot from the alpha were after a siege the player received 157 scrip! Thats it! Yet I need a minimum of 19000 scrip for a T4 box? Who thought this through?

Can someone give me a reason to play this game after Tuesday, because I sure can't think of one.

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 11:42 AM
It's a "longer and more fulfilling chase" silly.

Deunan
03-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Under ideal situations, the new scoring system was supposed to be giving you more rewards. Fuzzle seems to have the best grasp of how the mechanics work and how to obtain the best score possible. One of his most recent posts is truly disheartening. I hope the recent changes were unintentional but...

Score System broken with latest update (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151570-Score-System-broken-with-latest-update&p=1425487#post1425487)

Nashtalia
03-08-2014, 12:19 PM
It's a "longer and more fulfilling chase" silly.

+9k internet points for you!

:cool:

drackiller
03-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Under ideal situations, the new scoring system was supposed to be giving you more rewards. Fuzzle seems to have the best grasp of how the mechanics work and how to obtain the best score possible. One of his most recent posts is truly disheartening. I hope the recent changes were unintentional but...

Score System broken with latest update (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151570-Score-System-broken-with-latest-update&p=1425487#post1425487)
After reading those posts this will definitely be a game stoper for me. Need to put more hours on my PS4 after all.

Overtkill21
03-08-2014, 12:26 PM
I suppose I have like 15 games in my download que from PS Plus - time for catch up.

Tomb Raider was good yes?

drackiller
03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
I suppose I have like 15 games in my download que from PS Plus - time for catch up.

I download it yesterday, need to try it :)

Clarity Page
03-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Awww jeck, why oh why do they keep breaking things that they have already fixed,

As for this "more fulfilling chase" thing that angle might of worked at the start of the game before the games tone was set as a "fun but still challenging casual experience" but now everyone has brought into that image it's a bit late to go changing it now.
It seems like a way to stretch out content as opposed too creating new.

it's supposed to be a secondary game like one you play to chill before going back to Dark souls or whatever you are playing but they keep making it increasingly difficult to just play casually and keep up with.

I don't like to speak ill of the devs but it seems like the players want one kind of game and the devs are pushing to convert it into a different kind of game, eventually one or the other is going to break

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 12:47 PM
"Awww jeck, why oh why do they keep breaking things that they have already fixed,"

Because grenades?

Deunan
03-08-2014, 01:06 PM

Tomb Raider was good yes?Tomb Raider was great. I hope you have a blast playing it.

N3gativeCr33p
03-08-2014, 01:10 PM

I've heard from several different sources that it's very good... which sounded good enough for me to drop $40 on a PS4 copy, at any rate. With some luck, I might even get a chance to play it for the first time this weekend!

Fuzzle
03-08-2014, 01:29 PM
To clarify, not *everything* is ruined by that update.

Kenn siege/incursion is fine (other than scrip rewards at least). Other inflicted ones are fine to. I haven't tried yet, but I suspect the mutant things are in an ok place as well, scoring-wise. You can still get 15+ keycodes from a kenn farm incursion. However why do a volge siege and get 4 for the same effort (more if you count getting 1 shot by bombers and visceras), right?

Anything volge related was pretty much broken pretty bad with the most recent reset. Doing that with 4 days left until release, 2 of which are a weekend just blows my mind. Especially since several changes affect almost all aspects of the game.

Fortunately they aren't in any arenas. A couple of arenas will be hit hard by this, but most are still doable as far as I'm aware. They will probably do a fix after launch to set the scores more in line so people can actually get gold on them.

Edit: The post was intended to point out the flaws with the recent update, so the good parts of the scoring system aren't really highlighted. I wasn't trying to say the sky was falling, just point out some issues with such a heavy handed change so late in testing. However with that said, Thursday I was looking forward to the DLC, today not so much. :-/

Albion
03-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Still, it seems like too many changes all at once, one of which will change the way almost everyone plays this game forever. I bet this forum is filled with a lot of unhappy folks on Tuesday. I'll be playing Titanfall, but I will be curious to see how this all works out.

crasher
03-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Still, it seems like too many changes all at once, one of which will change the way almost everyone plays this game forever. I bet this forum is filled with a lot of unhappy folks on Tuesday. I'll be playing Titanfall, but I will be curious to see how this all works out.

You just wait until somebody logs in and wants to add a slot to an OJ.

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 03:03 PM
You just wait until somebody logs in and wants to add a slot to an OJ.

It's gonna sting a bit.

Elastik Spastik
03-08-2014, 03:12 PM
So the already monotone grinding is going to be even more monotone than an ear trumpet in a padded soundproof room? So I can spend a day grinding solo and get eff all for it? Since Titanfall isn't out until the 14th here in England, guess I'll just see how it goes. Jumping on for a couple hours seems like it's not going to be worth it, which is all I pretty much do in this game now, waiting and hoping it will get better to make me play more. But if these changes are what people say then I see no need to jump on anymore unless a new dlc comes out or my clan decide to want to come back to it (which at this rate i doubt it). Glad I have a large game library.

N3gativeCr33p
03-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Glad I have a large game library.

You and me both.