PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a some less complaining??

Drewbud
03-08-2014, 05:09 PM
I understand people aren't happy. About this that and the other. Some stuff doesn't make me happy either. BUT FFS can we please either stop posting just to complain AGAIN about the things you complained about in the last thread you posted? How about a new rule? You can't complain about anything anyone or Trion has done more then once a day. If I see one more person complain about grenades I'm going to come to their house before I vomit. I get it. We all get it. We all could spend all day complaining about anything that makes our butts hurt, but ffs this is just a forum. A forum that's supposed to be for distribution of information and answering of questions. PLEASE. The state these forums are in is because of us. The people who post here.

TL;DR If you already complained about something today, please wait till tomorrow to complain about the same thing again!

crasher
03-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I understand people aren't happy. About this that and the other. Some stuff doesn't make me happy either. BUT FFS can we please either stop posting just to complain AGAIN about the things you complained about in the last thread you posted? How about a new rule? You can't complain about anything anyone or Trion has done more then once a day. If I see one more person complain about grenades I'm going to come to their house before I vomit. I get it. We all get it. We all could spend all day complaining about anything that makes our butts hurt, but ffs this is just a forum. A forum that's supposed to be for distribution of information and answering of questions. PLEASE. The state these forums are in is because of us. The people who post here.

TL;DR If you already complained about something today, please wait till tomorrow to complain about the same thing again!

forum

noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

a court or tribunal.

I respectfully submit that we're discussing the issues that are of concern to us, because sitting at our respective desks and just thinking about the issues doesn't tend to fulfill either 1a, or 2a.

The state the forums are in is a result of the issues that are presented to us.
We don't discuss diets or world economics here because those are not issues we have with TRION.
We discuss the game that TRION presents us, and our views of the issues and aspects of how that game is altered by changes that TRION makes in the game.

Elastik Spastik
03-08-2014, 05:17 PM
So you are complaining about people complaining?

You could of just asked nicely!

Amack
03-08-2014, 05:20 PM
forum

noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

a court or tribunal.

I respectfully submit that we're discussing the issues that are of concern to us, because sitting at our respective desks and just thinking about the issues doesn't tend to fulfill either 1a, or 2a.

Yes, you are 110% correct Crasher.
Unfortunately what Drew is referring to is not any kind of discussion. Some people are coming here day after day to repeat the very same negative one line messages over and over again. It is not productive plain and simple.

hardy83
03-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Asking people on a forum to not complain is like asking a person who just got in their car to not drive.
It defeats the purpose of it.

The forums is a place to express opinions, feedback, issues and complains people have with the game, and usually, in terms of feedback it can include frustration and anger depending on what the issue is.
Also forums tend to have the higher than average passionate people about whatever the forum is about, so emotions can run high.

Long story short.
DEAL WITH IT!

Daholic
03-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately what Drew is referring to is not any kind of discussion. Some people are coming here day after day to repeat the very same negative one line messages over and over again. It is not productive plain and simple.

So what has been productive if I may ask?

A few months after release, people wasn't happy so we made a whole thread outlining the various problems with this beloved game. That went ignored. Weeks later, the same thing happened again, ignored!!!!

Tell me, how is it that we can make these "complain" threads, the they turn around and add the grenade fix that not one person asked for???

So yes, complaining about something we want gets us something we didn't ask for, and not complaining gets us, well..................

crasher
03-08-2014, 05:47 PM

Say it aint so....
you make me a sad panda.

Well, I suppose the 'ignore' button was designed and programmed into the forum software for just such a condition.

I imagine I'm on several ignore lists based on the page views several people have left on my profile page.

btw:
If you watched the RIFT portion of the LiveStream yesterday, you may recall Daglar specifically made mention of people who complain in the forums having a certain love of the game, and people who left the forums completely were the ones who just didn't care enough anymore to even voice an opinion.

I paraphrase, as my memory is faulty and I hope you do me the solid of looking it up yourself to get the actual wording, so that I may sleep soundly knowing you were not misled by the likes of me.

As always, I beg indulgence for any misrepresentation, and pray the flogging be merciful.

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 05:49 PM
@ OP;
nope.

hey u
03-08-2014, 05:52 PM
I taking a break from Defiance. It's interesting to see that for a new copy of Defiance it's 9.99 and for a used copy of Brink it's 2.99 used since I cant find any new but back in late April I compared this game to Brink and had asked if this game would fall in price as fast as Brink and I was right defiance is dropping in price just as fast if not faster.

{ A old defensive post for this game that people would use and in regards to one of my posts with bad spelling/drunken posts)

People use WoW as an example because WoW has become the headstone of how to judge on games (Which I find to be ******ed). EVERY mmo has it's bugs in the beginning. And, pardon my language, but if kids are too much of whiney *****es to sit and wait till the fixes. Of course people are going to quit. Everyone's ideal of a "perfect" game is one that comes out without bugs, then it gets labeled as "rushed". Mind you, yes, the game was set on a deadline to launch with the show, so it likely was rushed. But not as much as many other games have been. (In example, almost every game EA watches over..)

But honestly? If these kids and teens can't buck up and deal with what is potentially a good game with a few rough edges, all the more fun for us mature fans. :|

Drewbud
03-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm not asking for anyone to stop anything! I just want the repeated complaining about the same thing over and over. I'm cool with complaints. I make them myself. I understand we're all unhappy about a ton of things. I understand the value of voicing that complaint. But seriously when you hit a link for the scoring system, only to see at least 4-5 people complaining about something totally different, and in almost the same words they complained about it, in a another thread, also of which it was not the topic.

So I'm not saying do not voice your complaints. I'm saying limit yourself to how much you complain about the same things especially in places where its really only there because someone has an issue with something else. Just because you have complaints is no reason to fill every thread you see about someone else having any issue with posts about your complaint.

I am really getting tired of trying to sift threw the chaft every time I try and look up something on these forums. I can't be the only one who would at least like to see complaints in their own sub forum maybe so questions and answers can be found easily.

Honestly as for the kids leaving us with a mature fan base, while this would be awesome, I'm betting the forums would still have these 5-8 people re-posting themselves in every thread.

Amack
03-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Edit: Nevermind, this is pointless. Drew has stated it well enough.

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 06:28 PM
If the grenade system redesign had anything to do with a way to increase revenue, they are in more trouble, both financially and creatively, than we can imagine.

Amack
03-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Yes Bonehead, perhaps they are... but if that is true, then the people who come here day after day to voice their one-line negative opinions of the game they supposedly love are helping us even more, right?

I for one am sick and tired of the narcissists posting negativity simply to drag the game down further and in turn making them "correct", its rather disgusting imo.

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. That is all it comes down to many times with many people around here.

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Expressing negative or positive opinions on these forums does not help or hurt "us" in any way I can see. These forums have never been an efficient way to engage in two way communication between us and Trion. They, for whatever reason, spend almost no time here.
This forum, if we are to believe Trion, is for all things Defiance.
If that is true there will be by necessity a great deal of frustration and complaints not from people who hate the game, but from people who love the game and hate the way it is being managed into the dirt.
The new scoring system is just another symptom of this management in my opinion.
Sadly it probably won't be the last.
I strongly believe in credit where it'd due but it's getting harder over time to apply it to this game.

N3gativeCr33p
03-08-2014, 06:45 PM
So... did Mario or Luigi come up with the title of this thread? ;)

"It's a me... Maaaa-rio!"

Drewbud
03-08-2014, 06:48 PM
If the grenade system redesign had anything to do with a way to increase revenue, they are in more trouble, both financially and creatively, than we can imagine.

seriously grenades again? hmm wait Bonehead has something to say, "Timmay. Timmay. TIIMMMAAAYYYY!"

just sayin

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 06:51 PM
seriously grenades again? hmm wait Bonehead has something to say, "Timmay. Timmay. TIIMMMAAAYYYY!"

just sayin

Amack brought it up so I replied to his post. Then he deleted it.

crasher
03-08-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm not asking for anyone to stop anything! I just want the repeated complaining about the same thing over and over.

Ya'll do realize that had the cabin-boy on The Titanic not repeatedly knocked on the Captains stateroom door to awaken the Captain and alert him to a problem they were having with ice, the Captain may have gone back to sleep and they never would have saved that ship.

True story.

Drewbud
03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
LOL, at least that makes sense!

Elastik Spastik
03-08-2014, 06:57 PM
But grenades though............................

Bonehead
03-08-2014, 06:58 PM

I know right?

N3gativeCr33p
03-08-2014, 06:58 PM

DEFIANCE! lol

Elastik Spastik
03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
I know right?

Just because.....

Elastik Spastik
03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
DEFIANCE! lol

Defiance indeed.

Arsenic_Touch
03-08-2014, 07:08 PM
I have a better idea, don't read it.

Or better yet, there needs to be a rule to stop people complaining about complaints because the very complaint about other complaints is a contradiction.

The state of the forum is not because of the players but because of how Trion is mishandling this game, you cannot argue against this. If you don't like complaints or repeat complaints (they're repeated because they often go ignored, so again has nothing to do with the player and everything to do with Trion) you can place them on ignore or stop coming here.

You are not the alpha and the omega and the arbiter of what should be posted on these forums and what shouldn't be posted on these forums.

C2THEMAX
03-08-2014, 07:34 PM
I agree with arsenic. And if the new community managers get fired again I vote for arsenic to be the new community manager. Dude you are awesome and gave us more info than anyone from trion. I think you would do an awesome job and actually reply to the concerns of this game and get more done. thank you for all the work you put into the forums and all the info you give us from the test servers (since im on xbox and dont play on pc). And to the op GRENADES.

crasher
03-08-2014, 07:39 PM
I agree with arsenic. And if the new community managers get fired again I vote for arsenic to be the new community manager. Dude you are awesome and gave us more info than anyone from trion. I think you would do an awesome job and actually reply to the concerns of this game and get more done. thank you for all the work you put into the forums and all the info you give us from the test servers (since im on xbox and dont play on pc). And to the op GRENADES.

If A_T were to take that task he'd have to give up being the warm/fuzzy/cuddly Uncle Arsenic that we've all grown to love so much.
I'm not willing to give up what we already have.

Long Live the current CM!!1!

StrikerF91
03-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Ya Great work Arsenic .We all should buy you a beer.

Wait a minute thats not a complaint....... doesn't feel quite right but you deserve it

Amack
03-08-2014, 10:16 PM
In my lifetime, I have found that we are responsible for our own actions, attitudes, and feelings. Placing blame on others for the way we feel never seems to work out very well in the end.

Nyamara
03-08-2014, 10:20 PM
If everyone that complained left Defiance, the game ends. You got to take into account that people complain about defiance on other forums and blogs too. And if you are going to stop people complaining everywhere then that is like impossible.

It's like Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Some flat out hate it, others love it, and the in-between hate and love it. Defiance is the same way. So while some people may hate others complaining, either don't read the posts because you are one of those that just "Love" defiance, or just don't participate in those types of threads on the forums. If you someone that flat out "Hates" defiance, then don't troll and make things (accusations and other stuff) up about how the game is dead after such and such time. Even if you are right, its not something that helps to better the community as a whole...

And for all those that "Love and Hate" defiance, then keep telling Trion what you want and keep submitting bug reports and comments through the in-game system as well as the forum and maybe they will listen eventually.

Holy Bahamut3
03-08-2014, 10:41 PM
I have a better idea, don't read it.

Or better yet, there needs to be a rule to stop people complaining about complaints because the very complaint about other complaints is a contradiction.

The state of the forum is not because of the players but because of how Trion is mishandling this game, you cannot argue against this. If you don't like complaints or repeat complaints (they're repeated because they often go ignored, so again has nothing to do with the player and everything to do with Trion) you can place them on ignore or stop coming here.

You are not the alpha and the omega and the arbiter of what should be posted on these forums and what shouldn't be posted on these forums.
Once again wonderfully stated arsenic. I'm finding it harder and harder to say anything nowadays due to so many of you stating it better than I ever could. Keep up the good work, and fight the good fight.

drackiller
03-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Once again wonderfully stated arsenic. I'm finding it harder and harder to say anything nowadays due to so many of you stating it better than I ever could. Keep up the good work, and fight the good fight.

I must complain Holy Bahamut3 because i was going to quote Arsenic just to say what you just said :)
I have nothing more to add to what most already wrote about it.
The entity that is doing harm to the game is not the player base, guess who`s doing that ?

Amun Ra
03-09-2014, 04:01 AM
So you are complaining about people complaining?

You could of just asked nicely!
I did.
People basically told me to drop very dead. *grins*

Holy Bahamut3
03-09-2014, 05:26 AM
I must complain Holy Bahamut3 because i was going to quote Arsenic just to say what you just said :)
I have nothing more to add to what most already wrote about it.
The entity that is doing harm to the game is not the player base, guess who`s doing that ?

Totally agree, the forums are ripe with our discontent.

Nashtalia
03-09-2014, 05:40 AM
"agree to disagree!"

:cool:

Bonehead
03-09-2014, 05:41 AM
"agree to disagree!"

:cool:

Deal......

Nashtalia
03-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Deal......

indeed :cool:

/10charswhat?

crasher
03-09-2014, 05:54 AM
In my lifetime, I have found that we are responsible for our own actions, attitudes, and feelings. Placing blame on others for the way we feel never seems to work out very well in the end.

What sort of radical tomfoolery is this?
Who are you, and how did you get in here?
Do you have I.D.?

Amun Ra
03-09-2014, 06:21 AM
He/she is.... AMACK.
Just saying, Crasher. XD

Amack, meet Crasher, Crasher, this be Amack.

Manstan
03-09-2014, 06:56 AM
"agree to disagree" one of the worst cop out terms invented since the 60's. It basically means "I know you're right, but I wont admit I'm wrong".

None the less a problem never got solved by ignoring it. The way I fix problems is to get on it and stay on it till it is fixed. The minute you stop griping about an issue in a game is the minute the devs start thinking it's no longer an issue.

On another forum I found out if newbies find an issue or bug in the game then go on the forum to ask about it, the thread in locked and burred with no explanation. Why? Because you can't discuss known issues. How is a newbie going to know it's a known issue? More over this explains why, even a year after W8 came out, you still could not log in to the game with W8. If no one is complaining about an issue it must not be an issue so doesn't get fixed.

So if something is an issue I am going to gripe about it at every opportunity. I may not start new threads about it, or toss it in off topic, but once it is brought up, I'm there.

Any one catch the new idea on grenades? They would be a generic drop so picking them up would refill what ever you have your grenades set to. That would solve the 5 and out issue I have all the time, because it seems 9/10 what ever grenades are on the ground aren't the ones I have set in my loadout.

Bonehead
03-09-2014, 07:09 AM
"Any one catch the new idea on grenades? They would be a generic drop so picking them up would refill what ever you have your grenades set to. That would solve the 5 and out issue I have all the time, because it seems 9/10 what ever grenades are on the ground aren't the ones I have set in my loadout."

That idea was presented to the creative staff during the alpha testing of DLC 1.
Not really new.

Manstan
03-09-2014, 07:44 AM
"Any one catch the new idea on grenades? They would be a generic drop so picking them up would refill what ever you have your grenades set to. That would solve the 5 and out issue I have all the time, because it seems 9/10 what ever grenades are on the ground aren't the ones I have set in my loadout."

That idea was presented to the creative staff during the alpha testing of DLC 1.
Not really new.

Yes but it was pointed out as a plausible option during the livestream.

Bonehead
03-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Yes, that did surprise me a bit.
I hope it gets implemented sometime more in my concept of "soon" than theirs.

crasher
03-09-2014, 08:14 AM
"agree to disagree" one of the worst cop out terms invented since the 60's. It basically means "I know you're right, but I wont admit I'm wrong".

None the less a problem never got solved by ignoring it. The way I fix problems is to get on it and stay on it till it is fixed. The minute you stop griping about an issue in a game is the minute the devs start thinking it's no longer an issue.

On another forum I found out if newbies find an issue or bug in the game then go on the forum to ask about it, the thread in locked and burred with no explanation. Why? Because you can't discuss known issues. How is a newbie going to know it's a known issue? More over this explains why, even a year after W8 came out, you still could not log in to the game with W8. If no one is complaining about an issue it must not be an issue so doesn't get fixed.

So if something is an issue I am going to gripe about it at every opportunity. I may not start new threads about it, or toss it in off topic, but once it is brought up, I'm there.

Any one catch the new idea on grenades? They would be a generic drop so picking them up would refill what ever you have your grenades set to. That would solve the 5 and out issue I have all the time, because it seems 9/10 what ever grenades are on the ground aren't the ones I have set in my loadout.

If I could say 'This' without having to post all of this folderol, I would, but I can't.

I don't care about 'nades anymore.
They screwed them up and now they're dead to me.

I had a post or a thread, I forget, about how I would equip one single 'nade type across all my loadouts so I could harvest/scrap every single other type I came across, and I'd go whole arkevent series from start to end with '0' nades loaded in my loadout stack without ever having used one.

I'll admit the 'harvest directly to salvage' is an idea I like since we started suggesting it.

ETA:
[No, as shown below, I dint do Alpha, so I dint know it was suggested in alpha.]

crasher
03-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Not really new.

I wasn't here for the alpha.
Sounds like I went directly to beta.
And you remember what happened to beta when VHS came out.

(1/0)=1 for very large values of '0'.

Similar statements can be made for 'soon', and the proof is left for the student to complete.

Drewbud
03-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Thank you to all you who refuse to take the blame for your own actions, you've filled in the blanks on my ignore list very well.

crasher
03-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Thank you to all you who refuse to take the blame for your own actions, you've filled in the blanks on my ignore list very well.

You hit my profile page, so I know you can't see this:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/hug.gif

drackiller
03-09-2014, 09:51 AM

LOL, can`t stop laughing now :)

Erei
03-09-2014, 09:58 AM
We ran short of good things to talk about the game a few months ago. And every patch Trion is working hard to add something we all hate. The grenades, the removal of the turret on the car for DLC 1 (making the car useless), the lack of content for DLC3, the canadian samurai, the change of the charge sniper rifle (later reverted, after a few months), the revamp of prices for modding weapons/buying keys (which was changed on DLC 1 because player were finally listened), etc... You name it.
And they never care about our opinion.

I've been on a lot of gaming forum. And while almost all of them have a bit of rant, some of them are worse than other. On Starpoint Gemini, I almost never see a rant post, either on the official forum or the steam forum. That's because they listen to the players, dev post on a lot of topic to discuss with us, and it's a pretty solid game for an alpha, with a lot of love work.
Then you have the opposite, this forum. Where player complain, but nobody care. Where the only dev post in a while is a note on how the moderation will make sure the forum is all tainted pink. And if you disagree with this pink world, you can get banned from the game.

You reap what you sow.

N3gativeCr33p
03-09-2014, 10:04 AM
...the removal of the turret on the car for DLC 1 (making the car useless)...

But the Raptor is where Atticus like to hide his stash of rum... and I like to drink all of Atticus' rum while he drives.

Hardly "useless" by my definition. ;)

/sarcasm

Holy Bahamut3
03-09-2014, 11:23 AM

The forums must be one barren wasteland to him...

Deunan
03-09-2014, 12:03 PM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/AV7K5Z4W4nf8c/giphy.gif

garyfrclev
03-09-2014, 12:32 PM
I believe he is trying to say stop with this game suks or this game blows or basically complain over every little thing I get tired of it also I mean the games for free to play ive played mmos that charged 15 bucks a month and wasn't as good as this

Holy Bahamut3
03-09-2014, 12:34 PM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/AV7K5Z4W4nf8c/giphy.gif

Good one. I cant say I do either. lol

Daholic
03-09-2014, 01:09 PM
I've been on a lot of gaming forum. And while almost all of them have a bit of rant, some of them are worse than other. On Starpoint Gemini, I almost never see a rant post, either on the official forum or the steam forum. That's because they listen to the players, dev post on a lot of topic to discuss with us, and it's a pretty solid game for an alpha, with a lot of love work.
Then you have the opposite, this forum. Where player complain, but nobody care. Where the only dev post in a while is a note on how the moderation will make sure the forum is all tainted pink. And if you disagree with this pink world, you can get banned from the game.

You reap what you sow.

So what your saying is the game community there voice their opinions and the devs consider said opinion, then implement said opinions and idea to improve gameplay????

What a grand idea!

Your listening Trion, that's a grand idea!!!!!

CRIXDA
03-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Drew,
I understand your frustration. I really do.
I hope that this thread isn't in reference to my "hope for Defiance" thread.
I want something to believe in as far as the game goes. The future.
I am not trying to keep a continuous stream of complaints going and I hate negativity here on the forums.
Help me understand, okay? I don't want to be the object of anyone's frustrations.

Drewbud
03-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Drew,
I understand your frustration. I really do.
I hope that this thread isn't in reference to my "hope for Defiance" thread.
I want something to believe in as far as the game goes. The future.
I am not trying to keep a continuous stream of complaints going and I hate negativity here on the forums.
Help me understand, okay? I don't want to be the object of anyone's frustrations.
Oh God no! I was in the middle of your thread adding the repeat offenders to my ignore list when I realized a few were missing, they have since shown themselves, and have filled in the holes. Your thread was the inspiration. Now I see maybe one post a page on each thread with the repeat offenders gone.

Bonehead
03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Information under load.
But hey, whatever blows your hair back pard.
As if he can see this, heh.

Knightmage
03-09-2014, 08:01 PM
This thread brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department. We make you life full of things that fill your life.

Holy Bahamut3
03-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Information under load.
But hey, whatever blows your hair back pard.
As if he can see this, heh.

I know right. That was his not so subtle way of saying he ignored everybody but CRIXDA...

crasher
03-09-2014, 08:28 PM
I know right. That was his not so subtle way of saying he ignored everybody but CRIXDA...

I'm willing to bet that the only one Crix cares about ignoring him is Mrs. Crixda.

drackiller
03-10-2014, 01:23 AM
Hey if the guy has us on ignore , why can we see is posts !? Right ? :)

Deunan
03-10-2014, 01:30 AM
I know right. That was his not so subtle way of saying he ignored everybody but CRIXDA...Still don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-CtufJpM84

Elastik Spastik
03-10-2014, 01:49 AM
What's the point of ignoring people on this? The threads on his page must now just be all gibberish and not make sense.

Bonehead
03-10-2014, 05:29 AM
Still don't care.

You're killing me D.

Manstan
03-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Well some people are just perfectly happy galumphing through life wallowing in ignorance. I mean everyone knows the best way to fix a hole in the floor is by throwing a rug over it.

I've never really caught on to the ignore list thing. I read through a thread, I see a posters name I have no sort of respect for, and don't read their post. I mean no one is sticking a gun to my head to read every post, so what good is an ignore list aside from stopping you from reading posts you don't have enough self control to stop yourself from reading.

Complaining causes progress. You think cave man would have invented fire if cave woman hadn't been constantly been nagging him about how cold it was?

sly wolf
03-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Why are so many people pandering to this kids rant? anyone who feels the need to use a ignore list does not tell people they are going to add them they just ignore them, So this is just a childish attempt at getting noticed.

Holy Bahamut3
03-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Why are so many people pandering to this kids rant? anyone who feels the need to use a ignore list does not tell people they are going to add them they just ignore them, So this is just a childish attempt at getting noticed.

Good point. I blame boredom...

Bonehead
03-10-2014, 06:19 AM
I blame myself.

sly wolf
03-10-2014, 06:19 AM
me too bahamut3 lol :)

N3gativeCr33p
03-10-2014, 07:10 AM

Reminds me of this one saying... "turnabout is fair play".

These kinds of things happen when posting on an "official" forum tends to be more fun than playing the actual game.

crasher
03-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I blame myself.

I blame the parents.