PDA

View Full Version : Lag and frame rate is really bad during Arkfalls

eLbiChaN
04-02-2013, 04:43 PM
^ When there is so many people

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, so i am addressing it.

b4l00n
04-02-2013, 04:49 PM
So true it is loke a slideshow... enemies also disappear for few seconds during the event and they reappear. Please fix this guys!

Ninjamike4
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
the arkfalls is suppose to be the place to be... ive been to one got pissed with the lag and left and avoided them since

eLbiChaN
04-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I went to a different Arkfall and i'm getting the same results, massive lag and bad frame rate. Looks like i'm gonna have to stay away from Arkfalls at the moment till the issues are fixed ... bummer.

elquietone
04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
No lag for me, but yes frame rate issues, which is expected.. Your dealing with hardware from 2004 and a game engine, that doesn't support that many people on screen . When mobs disappear, that's a result of the game engine not supporting the number on screen at once...(even on PC, trust me the alpha/beta were the same way)

As for the frame rate, while it might be 15fps, its still tolerable, easy to hit mobs, just stay close to them instead of far away. Less to see on screen = less to handle on the system = higher fps. As for lag issues, I recommend people play wired and not wireless, as lag can be both on your end and server end.

Ninjamike4
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
No lag for me, but yes frame rate issues, which is expected.. Your dealing with hardware from 2004 and a game engine, that doesn't support that many people on screen . When mobs disappear, that's a result of the game engine not supporting the number on screen at once...(even on PC, trust me the alpha/beta were the same way)

As for the frame rate, while it might be 15fps, its still tolerable, easy to hit mobs, just stay close to them instead of far away. Less to see on screen = less to handle on the system = higher fps. As for lag issues, I recommend people play wired and not wireless, as lag can be both on your end and server end.

if this hardware from 2004 cant support it maybe it shouldnt be as big

eLbiChaN
04-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I had to get off the game, i'm having the same issues i had in the beta now interacting with things on missions.

Bad Instincts
04-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I agree . The game get very laggy when the Arkfall events is full of players.

elquietone
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
if this hardware from 2004 cant support it maybe it shouldnt be as big

Its as big as the amount of people that show up to fight it, limiting that, would make this quite a small MMO. If 60 people turn up its decent, if 150+ turn up, expect some issues, either way I'd rather have 150+ showing up, then having servers only capable of allowing < 64 people in the whole world.

Anyone that doesn't like a large user base in game should go back to playing Crap of Dogpoo and its 16player death matches. The rest of us will play and deal with the 150+ players on screen at once in an epic battle, to destroy enemy AI in an all out war.

GuerrillaTact
04-02-2013, 05:18 PM
This game is not good on the xbox.

Sassaman
04-02-2013, 05:27 PM
They will sort out the bugs and within a few days all these silly little complaints will be a distant memory

Ninjamike4
04-02-2013, 05:34 PM
They will sort out the bugs and within a few days all these silly little complaints will be a distant memory

i agree 100% but if these problems arent brought up they wont get fixed :)

MR_CHEWYNumNums
04-02-2013, 05:36 PM
I just hope it's completely fixed before thousands of people have votan tech...sure laser pulses won't help.

b4l00n
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM

From my point of view its not a complaint its more like a pointer towards fixing it. Even though its a slideshow I still enjoy it but devs need to do something about it thou.

lemieux
04-02-2013, 06:13 PM
^ When there is so many people

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, so i am addressing it.

Yea I hear you. Arkfalls are the bread and butter of this game.

Really hope they fix it up soon. Major Arkfalls could be a blast to play if so.

SparklingNugs
04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Yup, Arkfalls are very laggy on my end. Lots of frame rate issues, & enemies disappearing then reappearing.

NycTattoo
04-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Fix? Well, one can hope. They hopefully have room to optimize, sure, but only fix would be limiting the number of players.
Heck in rift on PC, Volan events are laggy as hell with 150 people, forget about it with 300, slide show city even with a high end PC.

johnpiercex
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
personally, i think they should took some ideas for an MMO on a console from FF11. FF11 was perfect for having over hundreds of players pop online without lag and having over 50 mobs and animations go off at once!

NycTattoo
04-02-2013, 06:50 PM
personally, i think they should took some ideas for an MMO on a console from FF11. FF11 was perfect for having over hundreds of players pop online without lag and having over 50 mobs and animations go off at once!

Somehow I don't think square/enix were just going to hand over their code...

elquietone
04-02-2013, 07:15 PM

There's a lot of differences between an MMO you click your mouse on a bad guy, stand still and watch the game play itself, with the occasional click of a key to cast a spell. VS a shooter MMO that has you run around all over the place firing off shots and so on, with free reign over your character. I would not compares anything like WoW, FFXI/XIV, Lineage and so on.

Last Outlaw04
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
So far the games lag in regular missions arent that bad but as soons as you get close to an Arkfall its just goes insane I have really been enjoying the game thus far and even got a couple of friends to pick it up. But as a group we attack an small arkfall and it was somewhat playable but as soon as the big one happen it went Hella.

tootsirollqueezi
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Yes that is very true although i would like to be able to choose a sever if I didn't want too mich traffic but its cool I'm still satisfied with the game, lag or no lag

tootsirollqueezi
04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Its as big as the amount of people that show up to fight it, limiting that, would make this quite a small MMO. If 60 people turn up its decent, if 150+ turn up, expect some issues, either way I'd rather have 150+ showing up, then having servers only capable of allowing < 64 people in the whole world.

Anyone that doesn't like a large user base in game should go back to playing Crap of Dogpoo and its 16player death matches. The rest of us will play and deal with the 150+ players on screen at once in an epic battle, to destroy enemy AI in an all out war.

Yes that is very true although i would like to be able to choose a sever if I didn't want too mich traffic but its cool I'm still satisfied with the game, lag or no lag

Sith4Ever
04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
So far the games lag in regular missions arent that bad but as soons as you get close to an Arkfall its just goes insane I have really been enjoying the game thus far and even got a couple of friends to pick it up. But as a group we attack an small arkfall and it was somewhat playable but as soon as the big one happen it went Hella.Agreed.....Hella

Bodaway
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
If you think it's bad in this game you should've seen Ember Isle in Rift.

This is so much smoother than that was on PC.

Hazel
04-03-2013, 04:51 AM
I can imagine things will improve with time.

You know, when the entire player base isn't in the same area of the game all at once. When the entire player base isn't at the same place at the same time.

And of course when the game gets updated handle it better :P

The only alarming thing to me is that after the lag from the Arkfall at about 7-8 CST last night, my internet never recovered from it. It seemed like other people weren't having an issue though, so I don't know if it was just me or if that was everyone.

Cygnus
05-09-2017, 09:19 PM
I can imagine things will improve with time.

You know, when the entire player base isn't in the same area of the game all at once. When the entire player base isn't at the same place at the same time.

And of course when the game gets updated handle it better :P

We can only hope our prayers get answered...

I necro'd this just incase anyone's new here. Its an olde but a goodie!

lag has been a part of defiance since the first week. Nothing new here. The song remains the same.

Google (defiance lag) or click the link below so you can read all the previous suggestions, purported culprits, and developers explainations from the beginning all the way to the most recent. See how players get tired of blaming the game and start blaming each other. Lol. See all the goofy suggestion players can give to the developers to help fix the lag. Lol. Then see if you can find the post where developers admit they cant fix it. Spot any patterns? Dont forget to check the dates....

https://www.google.com/search?q=(+defiance+lag+)+site:forums.defiance.com&prmd=vni&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXjNX6u-TTAhWJKGMKHQmTC7gQrQIIJCgEMAA&biw=360&bih=615

If you prefer, heres a link to all the defiance lag videos. Lol
https://www.google.com/search?q=(+defiance+lag+videos+)&prmd=vni&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjslLq1weTTAhVK62MKHTm6DJYQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=615