PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding perk bonuses.

dwej1973
03-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Okay we all know about the Zagger bonfire cloak glitches and other type of perk bonuses that give you infinite ego power with the right rifles. Well if you look at the ego grid and study your weapons you can see that it the Way the weapons operates it may look like it should work that.

What I want to know to know as the community Manager do you say on the subject?

Drunk
03-09-2014, 05:51 PM
naming staff in thread names ia bad jew jew!, it can only lead to infractions and poking!

Olaf
03-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Not all of us know about this, whats the problem?

dwej1973
03-09-2014, 07:05 PM
With certain weapons in the game and certain mods and perks you can basically set up an infinite loop for ego. Say for instant the sagger. You can run one thats say quartermaster with blur and have infinite blur. You can do the same with over charge, or cloak you get my point.

So I would just like the community managers opinion if it is a glitch or if it is intend. I think its a simple question and not something that should be to hard to answer. Its simply hey guys this is a the question to the dev then its either everyone going game on or everyone going game off.

Chump Norris
03-09-2014, 08:02 PM
If you get any response at all it will probably be "clever use of game mechanics". I would have to agree with that over simply calling it a glitch but I do really hope they nerf the Zagger in some way.

IMO not a glitch just taking advantage of something that is overpowered atm.

EDIT: If you report your own thread and say sorry you MAY be able to skate by the infraction they will almost surely hit you with for the name in the title :)

B_Draco
03-09-2014, 08:07 PM
With certain weapons in the game and certain mods and perks you can basically set up an infinite loop for ego. Say for instant the sagger. You can run one thats say quartermaster with blur and have infinite blur. You can do the same with over charge, or cloak you get my point.

So I would just like the community managers opinion if it is a glitch or if it is intend. I think its a simple question and not something that should be to hard to answer. Its simply hey guys this is a the question to the dev then its either everyone going game on or everyone going game off.

Well because people found a way to get 0.0 reload overpowered shotties/unlimited EGO, they'll get the nerf bat pretty soon, just like the surge bolters did. Otherwise if it's allowed to continue too long, every other weapon will be mute in comparison to zaggers.

To topic though, naming a Dev in this kind of manner is no doubt gonna get the infraction stamp to ya.

jackdaws_1999
03-09-2014, 08:47 PM
DW, I agree that the zagger is slightly OP, that said, there are plenty of sawed-offs out there that are equally or more so broken like this. Its a simple calculation problem. In real life taking 15% (quatermaster) off of 0.6 should give a reload time of 0.42, this combined with the purple rapid shot mod (0.8) should give a reload time of 0.336 seconds. The game cannot handle this and makes it 0.0. This is an error, what they are actually doing is taking the base reload speed and applying the reduction in reload speed to the current stats not the overall.

For instance, take a gun with a base reload time of 2 seconds. If that gun comes with 4 reload rolls (0.95, 0.9, 0.85, and 0.7) each of these individually takes the following from the guns reload times:
0.95 = 0.1 second reduction.
0.9 = 0.2 second reduction.
0.85 = 0.3.
0.7 (orange roll) = 0.6.

In this game they take all of the above add them together and then subtract this from the guns reload, reducing reload by a total of 1.2 seconds giving a reload of 0.8.

If this is then combined with quatermaster (a further 0.3 off), a purple mod (0.4 off), this gives the gun a 0.1 reload... if this gun comes combined with certain perks, and the gun fires all its mag in the time it takes 9% of your ego to be used, you have an permanent ego gun... this is clever use of the in game mechanics... also called glitches.

If however the total reduction was worked out as follows:
The guns reload is reduced by the total as above (down to 0.8 seconds cause of the totals on the gun), but the mod and the quatermaster was then worked out based upon the new reload time the following would be the case - quatermaster would reduce reload by 15% of 0.8, not of 2, giving 0.68 (a .12 reduction) followed by the 20% from the mod (.68 * .8) would reduce reload to 0.544 seconds (and with a further reduction of 30% if your using certain powers with certain perks would go to 0.3808 seconds).

This system would mean you never ended up with a 0 reload weapon (since a percentage can never reduce something to 0 as long as its less than 100%).

However, you would still suffer from the other problem, certain perks giving more ego back than you use when firing the single shot weapons. This would need more testing and messing with since nerfing it would make the perk useless and unusable, but giving the ego a maximum allowed time of say 1 and a half minutes before burning out the ego, would at least aleviate the problem for most circumstances, while still ensuring the perk is actually not just a DEAD perk like so many have now become (and some were from the start, decoy duration anyone?).

I love being able to build characters to take advantage of the perks available, and do so regularly, I love using non 0.0 guns and making them effectively the same as one, I especially like NOT using zaggers as they are seriously damage boosted ontop of the reload boost they get. I do not however think that nerfing more guns in the game is a good idea. We are already suffering the SAW debiacle, not to mention certain other guns (northstar flare anyone).

What we need is more variety in the guns, while maintaining the ability to use ANY gun.

I am a firm believer in making all guns equal under certain circumstances. There are too many guns in this game that are scrapped as soon as they are picked up. Sure there are always going to be guns that people dont like, but they should be usable under certain conditions.

A good example of this is the Particle Ultimag, A MONSTER of a gun when hitting a crit but has low dps compared to say a wolfhound. Therefore the ultimag is extremely good for single low health enemy, but for high health (read warmaster) single enemies, they are less awesomeness rolled into a little box of shooty goodness...

That was way longer a post than I intended... basically Trion need to learn some maths before making changes to the game :)

B_Draco
03-09-2014, 09:13 PM
JackDaws_1999, really good post, really good.

Bonehead
03-09-2014, 09:18 PM
"awesomeness rolled into a little box of shooty goodness..."

That is something I will endeavor to remember and, truth be told, steal to use later.
Nicely spoken Jack.

Deunan
03-09-2014, 11:40 PM
What I want to know to know as the community Manager do you say on the subject?Morgana isn't the Community Manager, Evan Berman is. His account name is Scapes.

duction
03-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Yup you can use frc sawn offs, heavy sawn offs, LOTS of different guns that can become 0.0 with the 2 perks needed.

Blaming this all on the zagger is bull, I've seen more frc sawn off scattergun/heavy guns being used at sieges.

But I'm sure they already know this!

dwej1973
03-11-2014, 09:32 AM
First Let me address Duction.

Please learn to read. I was not just saying Zaggers and I wasn't even Saying it as a bad thing or a good things. I wanted a definitive answer to handle nothing more than internal clan issues that don't concern you.

Now on to the real topic.

Morgana I am not calling you out per say, I am just trying to get an answer because My clan has a strict no glitch exploits or modding rule. So who better to answer a question about the game than the only staff member I know and the one that is the community manager?

I am not looking to this answer as a way to say on this person or this person is a glitchier. What I need is clarification as to whether it is considered an exploit or just natural game play. So myself and the rest of the leaders of my clan can handle any internal matters that come up with this?

So Yes I really would like an answer From someone who is not a player but someone who actually works for trion.

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 09:54 AM
"So Yes I really would like an answer From someone who is not a player but someone who actually works for trion."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

crasher
03-11-2014, 09:59 AM
"So Yes I really would like an answer From someone who is not a player but someone who actually works for trion."

[video=/video]

I had to go the industrial version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoiV7c46C1A#t=625

duction
03-11-2014, 10:11 AM
First Let me address Duction.

Please learn to read. I was not just saying Zaggers and I wasn't even Saying it as a bad thing or a good things. I wanted a definitive answer to handle nothing more than internal clan issues that don't concern you.

Now on to the real topic.

I've read your question and answered it as this is a public forum, if you didn't want people to join in then send the GM a private message, simples :)

Blaming just the zagger will get you no where, plus you already said its a glitch so I don't see what more you are after?