PDA

View Full Version : March 14 Livestream

Etaew
03-10-2014, 05:27 AM
The February 27 Livestream collection thread was a success in my opinion. Unfortunately there wasn't a livestream that week and the answers were given in a post reply for some of the questions leaves me unsure how to handle this in the future.

However given that the last livestream felt worse because of no prepared questions, I want to try this again and see if they will pick it up this time.

Thread Info:

Livestream: Friday, March 14, 2014
Questions updated to post: #44

Format

- First post in the thread will consolidate all the questions, grouped by several topics
- Second post reserved for answers
- Question submissions can be posted as replies
- Occasionally I'll update the main post with questions from the thread, and then post a note saying the post # I am up to
- Including all questions except for the most severe insults, unless otherwise instructed
- Including unanswered questions from last stream in a separate section

HOT TOPICS
- Legendary Lockbox
- Lack of Gunslinger box for DLC owners
- Scoring in Minor Arkfalls / smaller Conflict Sites
- Stability

GUNSLINGER

- Other than discouraging the instant extraction when downed in the warmaster fight to reset ego abilities are there other reasons that fight will be tied to points and how has that been balanced?
- What was the reason behind re-adding the scrip cost to keycode purchases?
- Why are the costs or adding mod slots being described as a bug when the reduction was planned and announced to encourage use?
- With the new scoring system rewarding extra points on teamwork, will players on low populated phases have any balance considerations?
- What was the reasoning behind reducing the point reward for Viscera kills?
- Why are no teamwork points awarded for reducing shields on large enemies like the Viscera?
- Is there a milestone score required to get the loot roll that has Legendary Arkbreaker weapons in the loot table for Major Arkbreaks or will the only requirement to get the roll continue to be killing the Warmaster?
- Will there be any changes to the arena gold requirements so solo players can get gold rating?
- When will the synchronization from Gunslinger 4 DLC be available? for German?
- Are any of the Gunslinger Outfits or Headgear from the Defiance Store available in the Von Bach Gunslinger Caches?
- Have there been any adjustments to the types of weapons sold by vendors in the last DLC?
- Gunslinger DLC brought lots of stability issues, when will these be addressed?

BUGS
- Are you aware of issues where some weapons with a low reload speed can be used to create a never ending ego power through firing and reloading in combination with ego powers, perks and synergy bonuses?
- Are you aware of issues where enemies can deal damage while being untargetable, potentially in a different phase?
- Are you aware of a bug with mods on reload times that can result in 0s reload time?
- Are synergy combinations on weapons still being looked at? examples of recent drops include Brutal on Sniper, Quartermaster on Sawed-off, Run and Gun on Infectors.
- Are weapon bonus rolls still being looked at? examples include Melee on a Sniper, Fire Rate on a Sawed-off.
- Why is the blue roll for crit damage (in some cases green), or damage greater that an orange roll in some cases?
- On XBOX 360 why does the auto aim still appear to be active when set to off?
- Why are specials missing from Vehicle Vendors?

REQUESTS

- Can we get an additional retroactive bonus on legendary weapons which were rolled without a nano-effect? and could future legendary weapons be adjusted to never roll without a nano-effect?
- Could we have more chat options for example adjusting the background, text color, adding a timestamp or hiding account name.
- Could PC users receive additional chat enhancements with being able to click on a users name?
- At EGO Rating cap could something be done with earned experience maybe go towards the clan?
- Can there be more comprehensive patch notes please? it would be nice to have full disclosure of changes instead of relying on the community to note things that have changed. e.g. the draft patch notes for 1.4 don't disclose the rollbacks on salvage costs for adding mod slots using the Salvage Matrix and they don't disclose the reintroduction of scrip costs for purchasing key codes from lock box vendors.
- So can we get T4 mods in the game without spending real money?
- Could we get a mod which changes the synergy of a weapon?

OTHER

- Are you ever going to raise the caps on scaling of enemy health and numbers?
- Trick mentioned that cutscenes can support groups in them not just the player, could you name one or more where this is the case?

UNANSWERED Feb 28

OUTFITS

- Cooper's hat is a unique good looking item, will we ever get the ability to wear it?
- Are there any plans to make the Hellbug headgear available for use?
- 4th of July there was a special outfit for purchase, why were other outfits not made for major holidays? and could we see any in the future?
- Since there are a number of factions in the game, are there any plans for some army combat style outfits?

DLC

- Is Gunslinger going to use VBI Reputation?
- Are there plans to update the 7th legion vendor to add different types of supply crates? such as a one just for outfits or one with increased rarity of weapons?
- Have any lessons been learned since the release of 7th Legion or are you happy with how everything turned out?

PLANS

- Have there been designs for or is there a chance in the future of seeing a laser gun capable of shooting through multiple enemies?
- Are there any plans for a secure item transfer system between characters on the same account or a bank system to store items?
- Are there plans for multiplayer competitive versions of time trials?
- Are there any plans for a clan vs clan shadow war feature at smaller numbers?
- Will Echelon, Paradise, and 7th Legion rep be easier to increase in the future... say, with the addition of other conflict sites on the map? If so... do you have some kind of a timeframe on when we might see this change?
- Are there any plans for additional vehicles models to be added to the game?
- Are there any plans to bump up the waves on arkfalls say to wave 10?
- Everyday I play and when I come across a major with a hellbug hellion to kill and I see all those outer crystals surrounding the major I can't help but ask myself if Trion will ever tie in destroying the outer crystals along with the hellion for bonus keys/loot? Any plans on doing this?
- Are there any plans for more types of grenades ? for example an acid bomb(corrosive) or a freeze bomb(ice)?
- Are there any plans for dual pistols or smgs?
- Is there any plan to implement a permanent universal mute option so that way when you log in you don't have to see the same person complaining about the same arkfall/incursion?
- Is there any plans to adjust the ammo for each weapon type? in my opinion they are too little.
- With DLC's giving new ways to award keycodes, are we going to be able to see an increase to the maximum amount of keycodes we can hold at once?
- Will we ever get the option to change the color of text for various chat channels?

DESIGN

- What was the inspiration for the Warmaster design? He looks like the long lost brother of Diamond, Amethyst, Ultimate, Ruby, Emerald Weapons from Final Fantasy VII.
- What purpose does the Paradise vendor currently serve?
- Why do weapons have an EGO rating? and are there plans to address not being able to trade and have the other player use them?
- Will daily and weekly rewards be upgraded for the new DLCs and feature reputation as part of them?
- Some enemies have attacks that they don't really ever use. i.e. the Monarch's green projectiles or the skitterlings bio spit attacks. Will we ever see an increase in the use of these attacks?
- The new blade still sounds like I'm wielding a light saber, er sorry a charge blade. Feels out of place. No sound bytes for a sword unsheathing?
- The Incursions seem to be pushing players toward content that we normally tend to ignore (emergencies). Will we see any variations in 7th Legion contracts that require us to do X amount of emergencies?
- What are our chances of getting a infection/parasite type resistance on shields or otherwise?
- Why is it when I get some cash to blow and buy lock boxes tier4 that I get such crap weapons?

REQUESTS

- Can we have all bullet mods work on any bullet type gun, let all explosive type mods work on any gun that uses explosives as ammo? This would cut the number of mods by like 1/8th. Making Mod management at your an our end much easier.
- Can the main map show challenges in the color of the medal received, for an overview of what still needs to be done for the pursuit?
- Can vendor specials not feature green mods since they are already available anytime?
- Can you add usb keyboard chat window controls in the xbox 360 version
- (XBOX) It is currently easy to accidentally favourite or unfavourite items. Can you move the favourite/unfavourite button in the inventory, from the left dpad/analogue movement to another button (perhaps to the Y button).
- With Echelon reputation for all PvP matches, could we see Paradise reputation for every completed Co-op map?
- Can we please get a clan hall or meeting place, set in a separate instance or underground bunker. Every other big mmo has something like this. Even just telling us "this will come in season 2" would suffice.
- Can you make so legendary grenades are not use as ammo like other lower rank grenades?
- Can you make it so players could choose the world server they spawn into?
- Could you make more ranks for clans and/or also give the founder control over what the ranks can and can't do. example. Founder can make someone a officer and give them the right to add someone to the clan but not promote someone from recruit to member.
- We know that certain things in game require approval of a third party (like the Dodge Viper). What I would like to know, is how difficult would it be to get in game things into the "real world?" We already know SyFy.com is selling a couple of Defiance T-shirts (which I wear proudly whenever I can). I would like to see some additional merchandise available to purchase, however, and it would seem to me that Defiance would be a perfect fit for that with the baseball caps that our characters can wear. I would love nothing more than to be able to buy the Hellbug Combat Cap, or any one of the others, to wear in RL. Has there been any discussion with SyFy on this topic?
- Cloaked can be turn off for a quicker cool down when your not you using it but decoy can not plus you have to wait the full duration for it to start recharging. I think when your decoy gets destroy it should start recharging. Is there is hope to see a change like this in future updates
- Would it be possible to increase the frequency of Daily & Weekly Faction pursuits? Perhaps the Daily Contract could become an Hourly Contract and the Weekly Contract could become a Daily Contract?
- How many people (programmers, designers and other people that do code and content rather than "managing" and selling face) are working full-day on defiance?
- Can you take out all minor arkbreaks down in San Francisco? as I find nobody does them there people only seem to call them down on the first part of the map.
- Can we get weapons mods rarity color coded in the weapons item card, whether it be the mod slot icon or the text for the bonus so we can easily see what tier the mods are? as jumping back and forth trying to compare bonuses can be confusing.
- Can we have a visual representation of a mods synergy on the item card?
- Can the clan message of the day be broadcasted to each clan member as they log in? some people including myself don't fully go into those menus of the game?
- Can we have new vehicles in the game like Trucks or APC vehicles? they exist in the game and are visually impressive
- Could we have a silencer barrel mod, to help reduce NPC aggro? so they would have a harder time locating you.
- Could ammo boxes hang around for longer after an arkfall or emergency despawns, I would quite like to grab some ammo after fighting.
- As a console player would it be possible if we can see the real appearance of people in group, or clans or friend lists instead of general steve?
- Could patch notes be more transparent?
- Can you please lower the number of possible arkfalls and events in san fran so that the san fran incursion will spawn more often?
- Could you lower NPC damage when doing missions? they are stealing my fun away.
- Could we get a time played bonus, the longer the session you play?
- In the future can we have the ability to build our own guns? Alot of us cant randomly get the guns we have always wanted because it wont spawn or it is selling for over 6 mil. If we could build our own guns, have the ability to pick a type say VBI PSR 7 Cyclone, pick its rarity, nano/s, and have the ability to reroll all bonus rolls this would help players out.
- When will we get Synergy mods?
- When a clan ranks up, can it be made a bigger deal about? it is easy to miss. A clan message should be entered in the chat log, and the notification popup should mention clan.

BUGS

- The founder of a clan cannot kick inactive leaders within the clan, also leaders can promote officers to leaders which doesn't make sense as it is a promotion to the same tier and should only be available to Founders. When can we see a fix so founders can be the only rank to promote leaders and kick them, active or not.?
- Are you aware that some leaders (sometimes even the founder) cannot promote recruits or members? The recruits/members are online and active. A different leader is able to do it at the same time.
- When are the enemies going to stop having Houdinis favour? We are SO annoyed at enemies popping in and out of phase. This is the most annoying bug of all since enemies can continue to hit you, but you cannot even see them!
- Is it true that Typhoon rifles can't display added mods? and is that something that is planned to be addressed?
- Clan global bonuses were said to not work, has this been fixed?
- Kenn Farm Siege has an extraction point outside of the siege, is this something that is going to be addressed?
- Why are we not seeing the two incursions instancing at once as we are supposed to?
- Conflict Sites sometimes grant no keycodes even though we actively helped (so we didn't just shoot at one enemy or something).
- Has the dev team run across an issue with disappearing/leaking ammo from their weapons? Lately, I've been noticing that I'll completely fill my ammo at a fast travel spot, only to see some of it disappear if or when I fast travel to another point on the map.
- Is there a known issue with the Sensor Sweep perk because does not work 90% of the time for me?
- Each time I login I am receiving messages about new co-op maps being available, is this a known issue?
- Arkfalls where you have to destroy the crystal there are methods to deal extra damage built in. Currently only two of these are working properly - the EGO spike chargers at Dark Matter Arkfalls and crit spots created by Skitterlings. The other two, which entail specific mob types dropping special weapons, i.e. the rocket launcher for Raider Arkfalls and the detonator for Mutant Arkfalls, are often broken with the designated mobs only dropping a few per dozens killed, or none at all. This should be a known bug by now as it has been reported multiple times by players. Is anyone on the development team looking into this and if so is there a rough timeline for a fix?
- As a PC user I've noticed some input lag when using the new chat system often resulting in missing out letters that I am typing, is this something that is specific to my setup or is it a known issue?

PVP

- With the issue of balance in PvP and the use of Spikes. Can we have spikes that can be targeted and destroyed in PvP?
- You have tier system on freight yard, observatory and water front, not sure on military academy.. for the regular pvp gamers we can no longer get in a pvp match via the ques system for lack of players in that tier, why is this even in the game rules? Can we have it put back to how it was so we can all play together ?
- Are you going to address the hidden tier system in pvp? For players that have played a lot of pvp, it will dump them into empty queues, while players that do not play a lot of pvp will be placed in a more active queue. Even with the reduction in players needed to pop a queue, this issue is still present. It appears that there is some sort of hidden rating system present for the more active pvp players.

SPECIFICS

- I've been having problems getting the Incursion-Excursion achievement on the 360, is this something you are aware of, and will any fix grant credit to those who should have already received it?
- The rare mag roll bonus on the Quickshot Blaster is the same +6 mag that appears on standard pistols instead of the +20 mag that the full auto pistol receive. Was this intended?
- In the new rep vendor weapon caches, are the weapons we can receive restricted to the weapons sold at that particular rep vendor? For example is it possible to get a EGO Precision synergy FRC Particle Repeater even though the VBI rep vendor doesn't sell Particle Repeaters?
- Have you had a chance to look over Market's mod vendor special research, and do the specials plan to be addressed?
- Could you go over some of the other feedback methods that are used by the dev team to gauge development direction and reception other than the forums?

FOLLOW-ON QUESTIONS

- Trick said the reason the drop rate on the warmaster was lowered to 6% as it was not a normal raid boss encounter taking an hour or two to complete. Is that going to be raised later?
- Trick mentioned a possible fix for those who break the locks early and not having enough people to take on war master by having the encounter take longer before you reach war master. If the time is increased, will the rewards also increase?
- Three weeks ago we brought up an ammo box at Diablo Lighthouse, what is the status on this?
- Trick mentioned that some items we're going to be left off of the vendor and that you had to 'work' for them. Given the amount of effort that we have given so far, with little to no reward and no outfits, how much work is expected. Is a large monotonous grind what's intended?
- Trick mentioned that 7th Legion rep is fast to get, and that is why it rewards less than the other factions per event. That's not the case with the state of things now. Is that going to be addressed?
- When can we expect to see the changes talked about to DLC 3? Will there be a patch, or will we have to wait until DLC 4?

LORE

- What is the background for Hulkers and their relations with raiders and afflicted now?
- In universe are Syphon weapons one shot kill weapons?
- In universe do Syphon weapons really improve the health of the person using them?
-- If not why is it called Syphon?
-- If so what are the mechanics behind the syphon process in which target is transmutated into a healing substance for the person using the gun?
- Does the Syphon have just as bad a reputation for being a inhuman weapon like disruptors in Star Wars?
- What is the Volge Huntmasters purpose in the Volge race?
- Why does the Vendor at Crystal Lake live at Crystal Lake, and why does he put up with the 99ners, Dark Matter, and Hellbugs outside his house when he could attack them with some of the best guns in Cally?

Etaew
03-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Reserved for answers.

duction
03-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Question:

Are you aware of an exploit where sawn off shotguns and some rocket launchers with a reload speed of 0.5 seconds can be used to create a never ending ego power while firing and reloading consistently. When used with over charge this can be abused. Quartermaster and reload bonus's mixed with a combination of ego perks makes this very easy to achieve.

jackdaws_1999
03-10-2014, 06:05 AM
Hive Mind Midgard is in FULL effect this week, we are angry and we are mad.

Here are the questions we wish answered:

1) Houdini has been having WAY too much fun in the game, enemies POPPiNG in and out of phase like damn predators with teleport devices, vehicles (dont get us started on DAMNED vehicles), and ENTIRE STRUCTURES!
Is there going to be a fix to make sure that these magical, phase shifting, goblin pixie ents, who keep ninja snatching our enemies and moving them to avoid the bullets we just lovingly lathered over them and appear two feet away having shot us to hell and back (while out of phase I might add), are going to be sent to the woodsman?
What I mean is can you please stop the enemies from phase hopping?

2) This new scoring system is going to SERIOUSLY break the warmaster. Can you explain the thinking behind making it a consious decision to suck in points just to actually kill the warmaster?
By this we mean, if a person wants (and lets face it we all do) the most xp, scrip, and keys out of an event, we shall simply sit around waiting to be rezzed, during a warmaster, this is counter productive because those waiting to be rezzed are DEAD weight that the others have to carry. Is this intended?
in which case are you going to extend the duration we have to kill the warmaster?
If not are you going to lower the health of the warmaster?
If not are you going to make the drop rate for OJs at a successful warmaster so ungodly good that people will HAPPILY give up hard earned keys for?
Sorry Etaew for this one being a multipart question, but its needed since wm is going to get very hard very quickly.

3) Why have you gone back on a previous change, to make keycodes cost scrip AND salvage?

4) Why are the costs of adding mod slots going through the roof? This change was put in BY YOU, explained as being nessacery BY YOU due to the inability of people to put mods on guns, and was written BY YOU in the patch notes, How therefore is this a BUG as described BY YOU in last weeks live stream?

5) Are you going to fix the mathematical bug with mods on reload times? Or is this intended behaviour (re 0.0 sawed offs)?

6) Are season pass holders and dlcers going to be charged for the outfits in store from the 7th legion? I would be careful how you word your responce to this as I feel it may cause some level of hatred towards you.... just saying :)

7) If someone gets put on a dead server, are the points awarded going to be buffed due to lack of possible teamwork bonuses?

8) Why have you drastically dropped the points awarded for killing Viscera? These are by far and wide the TOUGHEST enemies in the main map, they make tremblers look positively tame. It takes 7 big boomer shells without overcharge to kill a trembler. Good luck striping the shield off of a Viscera even with 14 shots. How is this point nerf justified?

9) Why dont we recieve teamwork points for all shooting shields? Some of us, at the point of reaching top teir, help others by shooting the shields of viscera and other volge in order to allow those who need more points to score more by actually completeing more waves and getting more enemies.

10) Are All OJs going to be getting Nano effects (minus infectors, BMGs, rls, and detonators) since they are going to be SO much harder to come by?

11) (yes I know more than ten, what can we say we are on fire this week) Why do we STILL get silly synergies on guns? I mean Brutal on a sniper? Quatermaster on a sawedoff? Run and Gun on an infector (come on they have auto aim for gods sake)? I can go on if you like?

12) Why are we still getting rolls on guns that make NO SENCE? Melee on a sniper? Fire rate on a sawedoff (it has ONE shot, its fire rate IS its reload)? similar to q11, but we thought enough of a difference to make it viable.

13) Why is it that a BLUE roll for crit damage or damage can be greater than an Orange roll? And why are some of the mastery bonuses on OJ guns... well aweful and worse than one you get on a Blue or Green?

14) Why is it that with auto aim turned OFF that its still ON on the xbox 360? I hate auto aim, leav eit as an option by all means, but If I turn it OFF, I want it OFF not partially off some of the time.

15) Is there anyway you can tell Cole to STOP interupting you when you are explaining something to us? He makes me want to remove my eyes and ears with a toothpick when he does that. Cole, when Trick talks, You Shut Up, you are monkey boy, he is BIG CHIEF, let big chief talk, or monkey boy goes to the naughty corner.

16) can trick do the gaming and cole simply ask the questions so that we can actually see someone who knows their proverbial bottom from their elbow please? Oh and cole, when trick talks, You Use Your Ear Holes, and not your other Holes!

Ok, Etaew, I do appologise for the manner in which these are asked, feel free to chop and change to a more palitable form, we over at hive mind midgard are EXTREMELY angry, and may have gone overboard a touch.

Oh and Thanks Etaew, your a star :)

jackdaws_1999
03-10-2014, 06:11 AM
Please note that the usual question we ask about clan halls or homes has been temporarily suspended due to the travasty that is the general state of affairs at this present time. Please also note, that this is NOT going to go away.

jackdaws_1999
03-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Question:

Are you aware of an exploit where sawn off shotguns and some rocket launchers with a reload speed of 0.5 seconds can be used to create a never ending ego power while firing and reloading consistently. When used with over charge this can be abused. Quartermaster and reload bonus's mixed with a combination of ego perks makes this very easy to achieve.

Sorry Duction and Etaew I didnt see that this was posted, I was in full swing while this snuck up :)

Bonehead
03-10-2014, 06:20 AM
Sorry Duction and Etaew I didnt see that this was posted, I was in full swing while this snuck up :)

It was a quite magnificent swing though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Su6lIMGHvA

jackdaws_1999
03-10-2014, 06:29 AM
As I said, alittle riled up this week :)

TriGlav 2000
03-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Q1a: Can we get an additional (retro-active) bonus on (legendary) weapons which were rolled without a nano, bonus like x1.10 dmg or x1.25 mag?

Q1b: Could it be made that in the future orange weapons will never be rolled without a nano?

Q2: Messages in chat don't have timestamps, can it be implemented?

Q3: Can an option to left click (PC) on a ''message posters name'' (character/account name) in chat window to open quick menu, where I can select to open a new whisper tab, so that I can then chat without writting ''/w name '' command every time I need to write a reply?

Bonehead
03-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Thanks again Etaew for the hard work and dedication.
You do indeed, ROCK!

cutlogarithm725
03-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Question:

ur askin that mate but ur askin for all 0.0 zaggers to be nerfed then m8 as u dnt need overcharge to get 0.0 zaggers u can get continuas blur with a quartermaster zagger fully modded with a t4 rapid shotpod so if they nerf the overcharge and reload perks i want the 0.0 QM zaggers or zaggers with the reload as mastery nerfing then as they would be wrong to ?????

BUT I DO PREFER USING MY HEAVY SAWNOFF DOUBLE DMG AND TRIPPLE RELOAD +11 FALLOFF FOR PvP LOL IT OWNS. 0.8 RELOAD

duction
03-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Q1a: Can we get an additional (retro-active) bonus on (legendary) weapons which were rolled without a nano, bonus like x1.10 dmg or x1.25 mag?

They have said when the pre patch guns didn't have the extra rolls, they can't add bonus's to them because they have synergies and nanos already and would become over powered compared to the post patch weapons. Strange I know so don't hold your breath.

duction
03-10-2014, 07:13 AM
ur askin that mate but ur askin for all 0.0 zaggers to be nerfed then m8 as u dnt need overcharge to get 0.0 zaggers u can get continuas blur with a quartermaster zagger fully modded with a t4 rapid shotpod so if they nerf the overcharge and reload perks i want the 0.0 QM zaggers or zaggers with the reload as mastery nerfing then as they would be wrong to ?????

BUT I DO PREFER USING MY HEAVY SAWNOFF DOUBLE DMG AND TRIPPLE RELOAD +11 FALLOFF FOR PvP LOL IT OWNS. 0.8 RELOAD

So how will they nerf it to stop the zaggers being 0.0 getting the glitch and the 0.5 reload shotguns performing the glitch? Like you said some zaggers are 0.0 because of quartermaster and some are because they are not quartermaster but use a mastery bonus of reload to become a 0.0.

They would have to alter the perks, or mess around with a lot of bonus's and synergys and mods lol.

TriGlav 2000
03-10-2014, 07:43 AM
They have said when the pre patch guns didn't have the extra rolls, they can't add bonus's to them because they have synergies and nanos already and would become over powered compared to the post patch weapons. Strange I know so don't hold your breath.
Weapons in Borderlands 2 got damage buff to compensate the lack of an element (fire, corrosion, electric and slag), but in Defi, devs didn't add a single bonus to compensate the lack of a nano. They could at least add new mods with both nano and mag/reload to bring them in-line with weapons that rolled a nano.

Bonehead
03-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Weapons in Borderlands 2 got damage buff to compensate the lack of an element (fire, corrosion, electric and slag), but in Defi, devs didn't add a single bonus to compensate the lack of a nano. They could at least add new mods with both nano and mag/reload to bring them in-line with weapons that rolled a nano.

I don't think there are any real shooter lovers left on the creative team.
Totally agree though, it seems like something you would learn in "game design 101".

Shogo_Yahagi
03-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Totally agree though, it seems like something you would learn in "game design 101".

I think perhaps there are a lot of things that went unlearned in Game Design 101.

jackdaws_1999
03-10-2014, 08:05 AM
As a game developer and someone who has been in and around programming since oh the 80s.. trick excuse for this is only so much bs. Yes they can fix pre-patch weapons, they have already proven this with re-rolling mastery bonuses. All it would take, it taking a pre-patch weapon, or weapon without a nano, to a specific vendor in the game. You pays your scrip, you takes your chances, and the gun gets random rolls again. You can do this once per gun, per day. So every day, you can gamble your monies on better rolls on that "legendary" POS.
Notice how the only "legendary" thing about most OJ guns is how legendarily Bad they are? Wolfies are a prime example... most Blues are Better than Most OJs... thats broken sirs and Madams... Broken. A simple system whereby the best white is as good as the Worst green, the best green is as good as the Worst Blue etc. would be far more interesting, and would lead to legendaries being at least half decent...

But this is never going to happen, as trion and their team are Not listening. This game shouldnt be called defiance, it should have been called "a lesson on dictatorship". Anyway, the above system would be better than the shambles we have.

duction
03-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Just let us buy the guns we want with the bonus's and nanos we want In the bits store, I'd happily pay lol!

Lenny732
03-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Question:

When you reach the level cap and cannot receive any more experience but still do(minors, majors, sieges, incursions. That 6000 exp at the end would be nice if it went straight to your clan.), can we make it so that exp goes into clan instead of being wasted on nothing?

Etaew
03-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Updated to #19.

N3gativeCr33p
03-11-2014, 07:02 AM
Why add more questions to the mix? It's not like they answered a bunch of them from last week.

Etaew
03-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Why add more questions to the mix? It's not like they answered a bunch of them from last week.

Because as last week I don't feel that they would dig up an old thread to pull questions from, since they did a separate post answering the ones they wanted to.

N3gativeCr33p
03-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Because as last week I don't feel that they would dig up an old thread to pull questions from, since they did a separate post answering the ones they wanted to.

It was more of a rhetorical question that I was asking, but thanks for your thoughts.

crasher
03-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Hive Mind Midgard is in FULL effect this week, we are angry and we are mad.

Here are the questions we wish answered:

......[All that stuff]...... :)

As a game developer and someone who has been in and around programming since oh the 80s.. trick excuse for this is only so much bs. Yes they can fix pre-patch weapons, they have already proven this with re-rolling mastery bonuses. All it would take, it taking a pre-patch weapon, or weapon without a nano, to a specific vendor in the game. You pays your scrip, you takes your chances, and the gun gets random rolls again. You can do this once per gun, per day. So every day, you can gamble your monies on better rolls on that "legendary" POS.
Notice how the only "legendary" thing about most OJ guns is how legendarily Bad they are? Wolfies are a prime example... most Blues are Better than Most OJs... thats broken sirs and Madams... Broken. A simple system whereby the best white is as good as the Worst green, the best green is as good as the Worst Blue etc. would be far more interesting, and would lead to legendaries being at least half decent...

But this is never going to happen, as trion and their team are Not listening. This game shouldnt be called defiance, it should have been called "a lesson on dictatorship". Anyway, the above system would be better than the shambles we have.http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Snoopy_Glasses_thumbsup.jpg

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 08:19 AM
"A simple system whereby the best white is as good as the Worst green, the best green is as good as the Worst Blue etc. would be far more interesting, and would lead to legendaries being at least half decent... "

They don't do simple.

ironcladtrash
03-11-2014, 08:24 AM

This is funny I wanted to comment on this specifically. I recently gave someone an orange wolfhound for nothing at a WM because I saw they were using a white one. The legendary was complete **** which is why I gave it for free but I figured it was at least better then the white they were using. My blue one is better then that legendary.

Everything else you posted in this thread is like you read my mind and articulated it better then I could.

Manstan
03-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Does anyone still consider the live streams viable?

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Did anyone ever?

Well okay I did six months ago but, lately?
Ummmmmmm.

nah.

Deunan
03-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Major Arkbreaks and the New Scoring System
Is there a milestone score required to get the loot roll that has Legendary Arkbreaker weapons in the loot table for Major Arkbreaks or will the only requirement to get the roll continue to be killing the Warmaster?

Scaling Issues
Are you ever going to raise the caps on scaling of enemy health and numbers? You claim to play the game recreationally and make similar claims about the rest of the Development Team. If this is true it should have been obvious to you since launch that the caps on enemy scaling of health and numbers is extremely inadequate for massive events. It's the source or major contributor to a litany of other quality issues in the game, including part of the issue the new scoring system you've implemented has created regarding rewards for player participation in massive events.

More Detailed Patch Notes
Is there going to be any effort to publish more comprehensive patch notes that provide full disclosure of all changes implemented by updates or at least patch notes that provide disclosure of ones regarding game mechanics? Every single past iteration of patch notes has omitted important changes to the game and, to the extent that they omit changes perceived as bad by the player community, they only make it look like you're trying to hide them. Case in point, the draft patch notes for 1.4 don't disclose the rollbacks on salvage costs for adding mod slots using the Salvage Matrix and they don't disclose the reintroduction of scrip costs for purchasing key codes from lock box vendors. Everyone already knows about this. Treating it like the world's worst kept secret only makes the Defiance Team look bad in the eyes of the player community.

N3gativeCr33p
03-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Well okay I did six months ago but, lately?
Ummmmmmm.

nah.

You and me both, kind sir!

crasher
03-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Does anyone still consider the live streams viable?

On which side of the camera are you referring to these 'anyone's sitting?

Manstan
03-11-2014, 09:49 AM

I think you dropped an "H".

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Nicely done sir.

crasher
03-11-2014, 11:15 AM

I think you dropped an "H".

'chamera?'

Thats just silly.

::he says, completely evading the issue::

:rolleyes:

Punisher Illinois Blue
03-11-2014, 11:24 AM
So can we get T4 mods in the game without spending real money? We keep on getting conflicting answers about this in the live-stream. One time you guys said we would pay ark keys to get them, and then you say it will only be in defiance store.

Are their plans at all for mods converters that change the synergy of a weapon you put it in. Like for example I have a derailer with rolling thunder, and I pop in a mod converter with assassin synergy making the gun itself have the assassin synergy. With three more assassin mods I then unlock all 4 synergy benefits.

Etaew
03-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Now that Gunslinger has landed, let's fill up the Gunslinger section with questions? :o

OldestGamer
03-12-2014, 06:18 AM
I here-by TripleDogDare Cole to play an Arena on livestream this week! Might be a little interesting!

stricky
03-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Will there be any changes to the arena gold requirements so solo players can get gold rating?

masterfarr
03-12-2014, 08:41 AM
When will the synchronization from Gunslinger 4 DLC be available? for German?

Etaew
03-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Updated to #39

Combo Breaker
03-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Just adding to the nano discussion.

I came back from barely playing to a little more frequent recently. I have never seen so many weapons drop without nanos before.
Certain weapons used to rarely get nanos (clustershot for instance), but now it seems like its 50/50 for a nano to appear on a weapon.

Bentu
03-12-2014, 12:01 PM
My question is, where do I put all the extra perks?

http://i.imgur.com/RZLYaxJ.jpg?1

Punisher Illinois Blue
03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
So what is the deal with the Venders only selling Yellow grade weapons. Are we not getting blue or purp weapons anymore from venders?

jackdaws_1999
03-14-2014, 04:14 AM
Bumptey Bump Bumping to the top, just incase Scapes thought it was going away, and adding a quick one just incase...

Disconnection Issues and Lag issues gonna be fixed soon?

Etaew
03-14-2014, 04:23 AM
Updated to post #45. There haven't been as many new questions as the last collection thread (2 weeks ago) but I put that down to so many questions remaining unanswered and being burned too often.

I did throw a link to this thread over to Scapes a few days ago, so hopefully it is on his radar.

Amack
03-14-2014, 04:23 AM
They are working on it Jack, i've been reporting the problems as they happen on PCNA.
We had an extended server reset this morning, they were obviously updating stuff.

Edit: Yes, it can never hurt to ask in the stream so we should do so.

N3gativeCr33p
03-14-2014, 05:26 AM
Disconnection Issues and Lag issues gonna be fixed soon?

Definitely a question that needs to be fielded and answered. Good call!

badprocess
03-14-2014, 06:28 AM
When will the synchronization from Gunslinger 4 DLC be available? for German?

Same question for French.

HenryR
03-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Ok. I have to bite. What do people mean by synchronization (in French and German). Do they mean that the voice acting is in English? That text is showing up in English? Or is everything showing up in Russian?

badprocess
03-14-2014, 07:04 AM
We don't have yet localized voices for both french and german languages. So the subtitles are disappearing too fast.

Combo Breaker
03-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Paradise Vendor sells weapons. Can we get a Weapon Cache in it?

Tsort
03-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Gunslinger question !
Gunslinger hats make the girls dark-haired in the preview. Can we keep our hair color ?

Speaking of preview option, the "view" weapons button is known hidden deep inside the salvage matrix. Can we get it back nearer the inventory?

HenryR
03-14-2014, 09:34 AM
We don't have yet localized voices for both french and german languages. So the subtitles are disappearing too fast.

Ahh, thanks. Used to speak German and a little French. Once installed a game with German language. Realized I speak no French anymore and barely any German.

Deunan
03-14-2014, 11:39 AM
So what is the deal with the Venders only selling Yellow grade weapons. Are we not getting blue or purp weapons anymore from venders?I see Epic an Rare ones all the time at vendors.

Arsenic_Touch
03-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Gunslinger question !
Gunslinger hats make the girls dark-haired in the preview. Can we keep our hair color ?

Speaking of preview option, the "view" weapons button is known hidden deep inside the salvage matrix. Can we get it back nearer the inventory?

Doubt it. Pretty much all headgear does that.
Pulled a tactical rebreather from 7th legion box, my castithan has white hair with red strips in the front. It turns her hair black.

N3gativeCr33p
03-14-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm really excited to see this week's live stream... can't wait to see which questions are fielded and which ones are not fielded.

Tsort
03-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Doubt it. Pretty much all headgear does that.
Pulled a tactical rebreather from 7th legion box, my castithan has white hair with red strips in the front. It turns her hair black.
You mean that all other headgear being blonde like my she-toon, is a coincidence? :/

Iceberg
03-14-2014, 03:29 PM
FOLLOW-ON QUESTIONS

- Trick said the reason the drop rate on the warmaster was lowered to 6% as it was not a normal raid boss encounter taking an hour or two to complete. Is that going to be raised later?

Just a small edit that I think needs done to this one, the reason this was asked was he said in an earlier stream that to fix the issue with players blowing locks off early was to extend the instance to make it last longer. Thus having it last longer may mean a better drop rate for WM.

N3gativeCr33p
03-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Sounds pretty much like motorcycles will not be added to the game. This only took several weeks to be answered, and pretty much kills any anticipation that I had for the game moving forward.

Happy hunting!

rebtattoo
03-14-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm really excited to see this week's live stream... can't wait to see which questions are fielded and which ones are not fielded.I asked 2 questions. The first 1 I posted 1/2 a dozen times before it finally got answered. And it was fluffed, with no real answer. The 2nd wasn't touched at all. It was another marshmallow stream.

Trick spent most of the stream mumbling, so couldn't understand half of what he said.

Cole did do a better job of not overriding tricks answers. 1/2 a kudos.

Etaew
03-14-2014, 04:02 PM
I'll do a write up tomorrow, haven't seen it yet.

N3gativeCr33p
03-14-2014, 04:02 PM
I asked 2 questions. The first 1 I posted 1/2 a dozen times before it finally got answered. And it was fluffed, with no real answer. The 2nd wasn't touched at all. It was another marshmallow stream.

Believe you me... I saw you repeating those questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

rebtattoo
03-14-2014, 04:05 PM
I'll do a write up tomorrow, haven't seen it yet.I wish you luck on this one. Was very hard to discern a lot of the mumbling today!

rebtattoo
03-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Believe you me... I saw you repeating those questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1QI reckon you noticed when I pointed out that he blatantly skipped it also...LOL

*Edit* Kick a55 song, my friend!

Stefanwulfe
03-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Something I just noticed today. What happened to "Retrieve Mods"?

Arsenic_Touch
03-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Something I just noticed today. What happened to "Retrieve Mods"?

Check to see if your inventory is full, doesn't work if it's full. You need to have 5 open slots, 1 for the gun, 4 for the mods.

Stefanwulfe
03-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Check to see if your inventory is full, doesn't work if it's full. You need to have 5 open slots, 1 for the gun, 4 for the mods.
Ah, that may have been what it was. Thanks for that bit of info.