PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger Trials go live today, just in case people missed it.

Arsenic_Touch
03-11-2014, 06:42 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151819-DLC-Update-3-11-14-9-AM-PDT-4-PM-GMT-All-Platforms&p=1427848#post1427848

Hi all,

Tomorrow morning, the Gunslinger Trials DLC will go live. To push this update, we will be updating both the client and the server. All platforms will be down for approximately *** 4.5 hours. ***

Note: The Gunslinger Trials DLC will not be available on the PlayStationŽStore as a standalone purchase until March 25th for North America, and 26th for Europe. If you have the Season Pass, don't worry: you'll be able to access all the new content as soon as the servers come back up!

DLC Update:
Date: March 11th, 2014
Time: 9 AM PDT / 4 PM GMT
Duration: 4.5 hours Anticlimactic announcement, wouldn't you say?

badukas
03-11-2014, 06:47 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151819-DLC-Update-3-11-14-9-AM-PDT-4-PM-GMT-All-Platforms&p=1427848#post1427848
Anticlimactic announcement, wouldn't you say?

at times i do feel ppl give trion def team a raw deal.

they advised us of the release date afew weeks back, they make an announcement to say when the servers are coming down on the same day they announced it would be released but people are still not happy.

ill await the new threads later today and tomo where people complain how the dlc is broke and shoulda waited longer to release it..

N3gativeCr33p
03-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Anticlimactic announcement, wouldn't you say?

Indeed... in every sense of the word.

brute
03-11-2014, 07:03 AM
they post any new patch notes yet?

Arsenic_Touch
03-11-2014, 07:07 AM

they advised us of the release date afew weeks back, they make an announcement to say when the servers are coming down on the same day they announced it would be released but people are still not happy.

ill await the new threads later today and tomo where people complain how the dlc is broke and shoulda waited longer to release it..

...No they didn't, they said it would be released in march, that's it. The only other time a date was mentioned was in a developer interview video trick did for massively that was never announced on the forums, it was one of two dlc updates that were made on other websites instead of their main forum.

They have been really quiet about this DLC, despite the opposition to some of the changes and you wonder why people aren't happy?

Oh and we've said it's not ready based on the testing.

they post any new patch notes yet?

No and I don't expect them to. Those will be the final patch notes, any time they've done "draft" notes, they were nearly identical to the final release notes.

CRIXDA
03-11-2014, 07:47 AM

I used to be a die-hard "Trionista", badukas. I wanted Defiance to thrive and be so amazing.
It can still be an outstanding game; honestly, It could be if It were given the attention that It deserves and if "The Company" were to listen and work with the community.
Now We can't even get a response from ANYONE at "The Company" at all.

Etaew
03-11-2014, 07:50 AM
I used to be a die-hard "Trionista", badukas. I wanted Defiance to thrive and be so amazing.
No matter how much we want them to succeed and try to help them with this, I feel their biggest threat is from themselves.

dramaQkarri
03-11-2014, 07:51 AM
The Gunslinger Trials DLC will not be available on the PlayStationŽStore as a standalone purchase until March 25th.
Their continuing BUMBLING of getting things done on time to release to PS3 is starting to really piss me off. Once again they screw those of us that don't have a season pass into letting those that do have a 2-week start on it. Why, oh why, can't they get this crap done ON TIME!

The first DLC was released to PS3 store on the same day as everyone else. Since then, they've been on a 2-week delay and frankly, I find it ridiculous that they can't adhere to a KNOWN SCHEDULE after making that mistake once. This is the 3rd time, same mistake. Some cannot learn.

Kibblehouse
03-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the updates Arsenic.

I'll keep tuning in during the day, curious to see how the patching goes. Once people start reporting back I'll know if I'll be playing tonight. Or patching tonight and playing tomorrow.

Don't have much hope but, I'll wait and see what play is like after the DLC goes in.

Defiance is my fourth MMO, and if things turn out as bad as they sound in test, it will be the first time I left a game "on bad terms", kinda depressing for me.

r2nddan
03-11-2014, 07:56 AM

this is how you feel at post 16. if you make it to post 100, lets see if you continue to feel as jolly and positive. i hope so but i seriously doubt it young padawan.

Manstan
03-11-2014, 07:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6v4T3VT7I

crasher
03-11-2014, 08:00 AM
The Gunslinger Trials DLC will not be available on the PlayStationŽStore as a standalone purchase until March 25th.
Their continuing BUMBLING of getting things done on time to release to PS3 is starting to really piss me off. Once again they screw those of us that don't have a season pass into letting those that do have a 2-week start on it. Why, oh why, can't they get this crap done ON TIME!

The first DLC was released to PS3 store on the same day as everyone else. Since then, they've been on a 2-week delay and frankly, I find it ridiculous that they can't adhere to a KNOWN SCHEDULE after making that mistake once. This is the 3rd time, same mistake. Some cannot learn.
See.
Successful incentive plan for you to buy the season pass.
Working as intended, yes?

Next time you'll know to invest wisely in the season pass.

:rolleyes:

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Could you please direct me to that advisement. I missed any such advisement from Trion to us and I would be very surprised if it existed.

Kibblehouse
03-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Could you please direct me to that advisement. I missed any such advisement from Trion to us and I would be very surprised if it existed.

It did not exist, there was no announcement on any official source that I know of. There was a vid posted on Youtube, in the description of that vid 3/11/2014 was mentioned. Still not sure if this post was made accidently, if it was a leak of some sort, or if was a very poor attempt at stealth marketing. But it was not an Official Announcement ny any description.

Etaew
03-11-2014, 08:15 AM

- Server status update: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151819-DLC-Update-3-11-14-9-AM-PDT-4-PM-GMT-All-Platforms
- Twitter message: https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/status/443216726293893120
- Twitch livestream
- YouTube video

Apart from that, it's all the communication I could find.

dramaQkarri
03-11-2014, 08:20 AM
See.
Successful incentive plan for you to buy the season pass.
Working as intended, yes?

Next time you'll know to invest wisely in the season pass.

:rolleyes:

LOL yes working as intended...

next MMO from some OTHER developer might get me to buy season pass if the price was right...it's not the $10 per, it's the delay madness that has me miffed. Well you know that already.

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Yea, so a few weeks back? Not so much.

Arsenic_Touch
03-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Yea, so a few weeks back? Not so much.

A few weeks back, all they said was "DLC in march" guess he took that as an announcement date.

Storm58
03-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Sure would be nice to hear something from the new CM Scapes... or anyone, for that matter.

N3gativeCr33p
03-11-2014, 09:17 AM
- Twitter message: https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/status/443216726293893120

Posted one day before it's supposed to go live... brilliant! Couldn't even bring myself to throw a favorite down on that tweet, let alone give it a RT.

Advanced notice? What's that all about?

Deunan
03-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Sure would be nice to hear something from the new CM Scapes... or anyone, for that matter.They're probably under strict orders to maintain radio silence.

http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/graphics/cone_title.gif

crasher
03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
They're probably under strict orders to maintain radio silence.

http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/graphics/cone_title.gif

Yours is the experimental upgrade for DLC-5.
This is the one existing up through DLC-4:

http://alistair.cockburn.us/get/1884

TASHINKA
03-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Anticlimactic announcement, wouldn't you say?It's like they're trying to slip something past us, instead of selling us something - strange

Manstan
03-11-2014, 09:47 AM
I almost put up "Jim Lahey's Sh@# Storm" compilation from youtube, but thought better of it ;)
Yes, I'm a fan lol

TheOz
03-11-2014, 10:25 AM
...No they didn't, they said it would be released in march, that's it. The only other time a date was mentioned was in a developer interview video trick did for massively that was never announced on the forums, it was one of two dlc updates that were made on other websites instead of their main forum.

They have been really quiet about this DLC, despite the opposition to some of the changes and you wonder why people aren't happy?

Oh and we've said it's not ready based on the testing.

No and I don't expect them to. Those will be the final patch notes, any time they've done "draft" notes, they were nearly identical to the final release notes.

Hey Arsenic, do you think the devs regret allowing us to have PTS access? It is impossible to hide this bs when we got players like you in there diggin' through it.

This scoring system is a game breaker, the reintroduction of the ridiculously high salvage matrix costs, which even the devs said was broken, and I thought they said we wouldn't get data recorders anymore as story/Dlc content.

That's Defiance for you -- Occasionally 1 step forward but ALWAYS two steps back.