PDA

View Full Version : No more bonus keys!

quick
03-11-2014, 10:52 AM
In the new patch notes in the game.

Players no longer get bonus keys when purchasing keys from a merchant using both scrip and salvage.

So we pay more and get less. YOU GO TRION!

AnGeL
03-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Wonderful, all that grinding and sticking with my clan, gets me nothing. I knew this was going to happen, wow, this is such ********. I have been saving my salvage for weeks because my clan is now at like 2700. Wow i ****ing hate trion

Lillith Valerian
03-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Changes like this will continue to be made until the game stops hemorrhaging players.

In other words, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

bigguy
03-11-2014, 10:56 AM
You were never supposed to get those in the first place . It was another of their mistakes , those keys are only supposed to apply to events rewards. Just wait to see how many keys you get from those now...lol

Deunan
03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
You should still still get a bonus key for participation at events. Given how stingy the rewards are going to be with the new scoring system, that means a lot more than it did before.

duction
03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
hey at least they will put the lockbox drop rate back to normal, they nerf'd them when they found out about the 1+1 key purchase thing lol,

quick
03-11-2014, 11:00 AM
You were never supposed to get those in the first place . It was another of their mistakes , those keys are only supposed to apply to events rewards. Just wait to see how many keys you get from those now...lol

Never got much from the lock box anyway, got more from doing the Ken farm incursion but Trion may have fixed that too!

Deunan
03-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Tin foil hat theories aside, it's 500 scrip and 1,000 salvage per key.

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Maybe a new "epic keys box" will show up next to the new "Legendary Weapon Kit" in the bit store.

Clarity Page
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM

Haven't they nerfed the keys on events too? The lockbox's are bad enough without making it harder to earn them

Deunan
Never got much from the lock box anyway, got more from doing the Ken farm incursion but Trion may have fixed that too!Patch notes say they fixed some odd things that were happening with RNG. It's very possible they nerfed the drop rate for Legendary loot from Afflicted Sieges.

Bonehead
Tin foil hat theories aside, it's 500 scrip and 1,000 salvage per key.

http://foolishreporter.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/ihasconsprcythery.jpg

crasher
03-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Maybe a new "epic keys box" will show up next to the new "Legendary Weapon Kit" in the bit store.

You buy an "epic keys box" for 64 keys and 3,000 scrip, and get either 32 keys or 16 keys?

Are there any possible ways to get OJ keys?

AnGeL
03-11-2014, 11:09 AM
I dont care about events, I was saving my salvage for the sole purpose of buying keycodes at the +1 rate. The events are nice, but was really grinding my clan events for this. Crappy news to me no matter what

Arsenic_Touch
03-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Funny how the launcher patch notes don't match up with the notes posted on the forum. Which is missing a few very significant but detrimental changes. Gotta love it.

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 11:13 AM
You buy an "epic keys box" for 64 keys and 3,000 scrip, and get either 32 keys or 16 keys?

Are there any possible ways to get OJ keys?

Did you get that from Trion's Economics 101 text?

TremerChrist
03-11-2014, 11:13 AM
I think they were Trion to stop me from buying loot boost every weekend and breaking the loot into salvage to buy boxes with. They should have just asked me to stop. They didn't have to screw over everyone. Well you win this round Trion. No more bits for me.

wompasaurus
03-11-2014, 11:15 AM
I dont care about events, I was saving my salvage for the sole purpose of buying keycodes at the +1 rate. The events are nice, but was really grinding my clan events for this. Crappy news to me no matter what

Everyone was aware the price of keys, unlocking mod slots was going to go back up. So we all spent our salvage. The bonus keys thing isn't a huge deal. But the fact that you held salvage when it was in patch notes over a week ago that it was going back to how it used to be baffles me.

crasher
03-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Did you get that from Trion's Economics 101 text?

Well, it's not much of a stretch to extrapolate, considering we've been here since (in my case the week of release, in your case some time in the mists of beta) forever.

amirite?

R69L
03-11-2014, 11:21 AM
The extra keys from vendors were never supposed to be ther int ehfirst place. The extra keys only [should have] affected those attained from completing the open world events.

quick
03-11-2014, 11:22 AM
But things are working as intended. I have read this somewhere before.

Bonehead
03-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Everyone was aware the price of keys, unlocking mod slots was going to go back up. So we all spent our salvage. The bonus keys thing isn't a huge deal. But the fact that you held salvage when it was in patch notes over a week ago that it was going back to how it used to be baffles me.

The price of keys and the salvage costs were not then and are not now in the patch notes.
The information was found in the public test server by those of us who went and tested it out and posted in the alpha forun and here.
Link to patch notes;
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151859-Patch-1.4-DLC-4-Gunslinger-Trials-3-11-14

Fuzzy
03-11-2014, 11:58 AM
You should still still get a bonus key for participation at events. Given how stingy the rewards are going to be with the new scoring system, that means a lot more than it did before.

You don't get those either... Just did a major hellbug, got 9 keys (46k score) but no bonus key.

xilfxlegion
03-11-2014, 01:27 PM
how much is it to open a mod slot now ? it isnt the crazy amount it was before right ?

Rapidrunner
03-11-2014, 03:31 PM

Sorry which patch notes?? There not in the Patch 1.400 - Draft Notes! I don't see anywhere that we were supposed to spend our salvage. Thanks

We being the testers???

duction
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM
We are not getting the +1 key anywhere now, where should we be getting it now the new patch is here?

Albion
03-14-2014, 12:50 PM
We are not getting the +1 key anywhere now, where should we be getting it now the new patch is here?

This is definitely broken. There are no clan bonus keys, anywhere. I know the extra keycodes at lockboxes were taken away, but there is supposed to be a bonus key at events for level 3000 clans. I haven't seen this once since the patch. What's going on?

dramaQkarri
03-14-2014, 01:12 PM
I cashed in some daily rewards last night and I do believe that I got 3 keys per daily - my clan has reached level 3. As far as arkfalls, nerfed the snot out of keys there. Too hard to score enough on the new system to get keys. The best place for keys is now back to the warmaster, and the incursions/sieges. Got 21 keycodes at WM and 22 at incursion last night. So that is WELL worth the time, IMHO.
As far as whether or not I got the extra "clan level 3" keys from any of the events, I'm not quite sure since they were not shown on the rewards screen. I just noticed how many I had before and after the event.

SO, Trion, please make SURE you have not taken away our extra clan keycode for those of us that have gotten up to clan level 3.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT screw this up. On the other hand, thanks for making WM & Incursion keycode rewards nice and big.

CM Kiwibird
03-14-2014, 01:28 PM
This is definitely broken. There are no clan bonus keys, anywhere. I know the extra keycodes at lockboxes were taken away, but there is supposed to be a bonus key at events for level 3000 clans. I haven't seen this once since the patch. What's going on?

Checking in on this.

quick
03-14-2014, 01:29 PM

Trion likes taking the fun out of the game, they take away the bonus keys and give us this new scoring system witch is trash. Yes the incursion gives you lots of keys now and they used to give oj too but the new legendary kit lock box wasn't selling so they cut the oj back as a reward at the incursion ect ect ect. Minor arkfalls not worth doing now since there are no one doing them much now. Now they give us boost event to make up for this crap!

And the new reloads on shotguns lmao what is that about? They trying to fix the reload on the zagger or what? When reloading my grind fragger looks like my toon is having a seizure!

quick
03-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Forgot to mention I did get a legendary this morning at a incursion at ken farm, there where 5 of us there and when it paid us our rewards we got the good ole timed out message witch means no reward!

CM Kiwibird
03-14-2014, 07:08 PM
This was successfully reproduced. Thank you for the reports.